Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

dumb question incoming
all the commentators during/after the race said "Ferrari is quicker down the stretches but Mercedes is quicker in the corners." 1. Is this actually true? 2. Does it mean anything or is this just race speak? 3. If true, does it mean the Mercedes car has better aero or does it mean their drivers are better or does no one really know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

DoctorGonzo posted:

post the stroll meltdown

also holy gently caress if australia and bahrein werent ferraried charles would totally been trashing vettel right now

The admitted team orders are insane. Just let him drive ffs!!!!

When is Vettel's contract up anyway?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

BWV posted:

dumb question incoming
all the commentators during/after the race said "Ferrari is quicker down the stretches but Mercedes is quicker in the corners." 1. Is this actually true? 2. Does it mean anything or is this just race speak? 3. If true, does it mean the Mercedes car has better aero or does it mean their drivers are better or does no one really know?

if a car is quicker in corners they will benefit on tracks with more corners and china has like 16 corners

i don't know the science behind why but it's probably because lewis hamilton is the greatest driver not named lance stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

BWV posted:

dumb question incoming
Yeah somewhere in the race you'll see a readout of the top speeds reached by every car on the straight and the Ferrari was higher. That doesn't really translate to best laptimes though, for the previous 4 years or something the Williams had the highest speeds because they had a low drag aero setup, but they weren't winning races.

spaceblancmange posted:

Did someone leave a Renault power unit in Paris?
Thread title

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

BWV posted:

dumb question incoming

To quote hamilton's 4 in the morning fever dream Rosberg: "Ferrari's just struggling. Ferrari have pitched their car in the wrong place aerodynamically.
They have way too little drag and just way not enough downforce in the corners. That's where they're losing a lot of time. It's not ideal for the fastest possible lap. So they're just in the wrong place with their car."

fatman
Oct 20, 2005

"I DON'T WANT A RIOTING SCUMBAG AS A NEIGHBOUR"? WELL I DON'T WANT A FUCKWIT GUN NUT AS A POSTER
:fuckoff:

colachute posted:

if a car is quicker in corners they will benefit on tracks with more corners and china has like 16 corners

i don't know the science behind why but it's probably because lewis hamilton is the greatest driver not named lance stroll

Works at Monza as well, i remember Vettel being slow af on the straights but he made up a heap of ground on the corners

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Just dropping by to let people know that Lance Stroll is bad

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

BWV posted:

dumb question incoming

F1 is a not a spec series so it is actually true.

General prevailing belief is Ferrari has the most horsepower, Red Bull has the best Aero but a weak engine, and Merc are somewhere in-between.

What that actually amounts to is very :shrug: its not much difference, but some tracks definitely favor one car or another and the teams go in knowing that.

Red bull expects to do better on street circuits, for example.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At the start of this formula mercedes totally had the better engine

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Just dropping by to let people know that Lance Stroll is bad

I don't want to fall out with you, but I would be remiss if I didn't point out that this is both a wrong and bad opinion, friend.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lance Stroll more like loving sucks

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Hi Lance Stroll

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

lance stroll loving kicks rear end

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Lance stroll will never win a F1 race :toxx:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lance Stroll owns you water headed bin bois should learn how to watch the sport and actually analyze talent holy lmao.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Remember when Max had one good rain race and everyone but me bandwagoned him. Now everyone thinks he’s poo poo again and I guess I was right. Lmao.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

You're dangerously close to getting an educational avatar ScudBud. I'm on my third vodka of the evening and my wallet is loving hot right now.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

the kentucky quid posted:

Remember when Max had one good rain race and everyone but me bandwagoned him. Now everyone thinks he’s poo poo again and I guess I was right. Lmao.

I have never bandwagoned Max on anything except that he is a bad driver/person.

I'd also like to point out that during that race he almost binned it himself like 3 times, just because he was able to recover does not mean he's amazing. The only real wet* expert is Jenson Button

*Both on the track and in my loins :swoon:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
can't wait for ferrari to double dnf at monza and the tifosi loving burn their shitass country to the ground

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

You're dangerously close to getting an educational avatar ScudBud. I'm on my third vodka of the evening and my wallet is loving hot right now.

Here is like 1343 pm. Dont drink so early

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
lance stroll is pastor maldonado but with even less talent

the dumb gently caress cant even run into other cars what a loon

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lou Takki posted:

Lance stroll will never win a F1 race :toxx:

I mean... I'll make note of this but I doubt it'll come to fruition!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Lance Stroll owns you water headed bin bois should learn how to watch the sport and actually analyze talent holy lmao.

You’re pressing the radio button instead of energy button.

You absolute loving moron

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Kubica is baffled by his lack of race pace.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Frond posted:

Kubica is baffled by his lack of race pace.

he should try turning his monitor on

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

lance stroll is pastor maldonado but with even less talent

the dumb gently caress cant even run into other cars what a loon

I think you mean Formula One Grand Prix Race Winner Pastor Maldonado

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Serperoth posted:

I think you mean Formula One Grand Prix Race Winner Pastor Maldonado

an achievement which lance "poo poo him diaper" stroll can never hope to equal

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

can't wait for ferrari to double dnf at monza and the tifosi loving burn their shitass country to the ground

I didn't realize Monza had moved to America

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Ferrari hasn't won at Monza in almost 9 years. lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Mclaren haven't won a race since 2012 lmao :smith:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

Here is like 1343 pm. Dont drink so early

It's almost 8pm here so I'm good ScudBud. I'm on vodka cinco right now.

iospace posted:

I mean... I'll make note of this but I doubt it'll come to fruition!

you best toxx the gently caress out of him next weekend when Are Lance rights his wrongs at Baku.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
:toxx: probate me for one week if lance "arguably one of the worst drivers on the grid" stroll makes it out of q1 in baku :toxx:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

You’re pressing the radio button instead of energy button.

You absolute loving moron

Shouldn’t you be jerking off to a photo of Alex Rins or something

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

:toxx: probate me for one week if lance "arguably one of the worst drivers on the grid" stroll makes it out of q1 in baku :toxx:

Every commentator: actually Baku is perfect for a driver like stroll.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lmao I’ve always said Max was poo poo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Shouldn’t you be jerking off to a photo of Alex Rins or something

loving lmao that username

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm watching the Goodwood Rich Guy Meet right now and the racing is better than modern day F1. Some dude just dragged a '53 Ferrari onto the podium.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

The president of Azerbaijan is the son of the previous president of Azerbaijan, they're not wrong

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Gigi Galli posted:

Baku welcomes us all, so it welcomes lance stroll as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Pastor Maldonado wasn't given another drive in f1 because they were afraid that he would shattered the dead fraud Michael Schumacher's records