Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Reminder Switch online is free for a year with Amazon Prime through Twitch login to twitch link your amazon account to get Twitch Prime and then claim the first 3 months (after that you can claim the remaining 9 months if your Prime membership has been uninterrupted).

You can do this if you already have Nintendo Online to extend it by a year (you will be set to auto-renew you can turn it off right after and keep your membership).

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Byob crusader kings crew checking in. Better than game of thrones and even more incest!!

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

Byob crusader kings crew checking in. Better than game of thrones and even more incest!!

BYOB has a crusader kings crew?!.-?!?

Haven't played that in a lil while but keen to get back to into it

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Goons Are Gifts

We did have a CK2 crew a good while back and even had a game or two, but it's been a while and also now we have Holy Fury and great wonders and oh the game got so much better by now

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

We did have a CK2 crew a good while back and even had a game or two, but it's been a while and also now we have Holy Fury and great wonders and oh the game got so much better by now

played it for a bit with Holy Fury, was playing a gently caress around game where I got a demonspawn bear going or some poo poo. Been awhile since I've played a serious game of it but either way is fun, one of the few games where cheating is awesome but playing it straight is even better.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

take the moon

by sebmojo
wanna play kenshi but 2 broke :(

pixaal

Paradox games! We should all play a big Stellaris game, though something tells me BYOB would be all plants with maybe a few robots.

sig by owlhawk911

FreshCutFries

Oh man, I'd be down for a Stellaris game. I've never played it multiplayer and haven't touched it at all in like...a year.

FreshCutFries

I could stream it for posterity even.

kalel

I don't know how to play :ohdear:

Farecoal

There he go

take the moon posted:

there's a demo available!

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Crusader Kings 2/Stellaris/Kenshi crew checkin iiiiiiiiin

pixaal

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I don't know how to play :ohdear:

You can ally my sentient plant race called weed, or I will make a robot race that only wishes to preserve and pamper all organic life. Freedom is a sin, you must live in my bio-domes for your own safety your precious human mind cannot be backed up and the lost of it would be tragic. Please also take these happy pills, for your own enjoyment.

God you get the best stories from Stellaris.

It's the most fun when you get really into the role playing of your race, and traits really help to direct you. Even if it's vs the AI RPing is fun in that game. I don't think we'll have anyone Yobbers playing as extermination robots or xenophobes so it should be pretty peaceful until the crisis are rolled unless we also throw a bunch of AI empires in, which we could do.

Need to figure out mods and DLC I have all but the newest DLC and fully intend to buy it before I play another game of it. (either day I play, or summer steam sale whichever comes first).

sig by owlhawk911

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

take the moon posted:

Farecoal posted:

there's a demo available!

yep, go here, try it out, skills are capped at 20 but otherwise it's the full game

http://www.lofigames.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8428&sid=dc0a13145ed7a3901de0e48398d2bd08

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Munchables posted:

Crusader Kings 2/Stellaris/Kenshi crew checkin iiiiiiiiin

I have played all of these and am bad at all of them.

They are good games

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Here is a list of video games I am good at:

One time in high school I got 100% on Bad Romance by Lady Gaga in Audiosurf

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Dominions 5

take the moon

by sebmojo

food court bailiff posted:

yep, go here, try it out, skills are capped at 20 but otherwise it's the full game

http://www.lofigames.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8428&sid=dc0a13145ed7a3901de0e48398d2bd08

dank ty

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

pixaal posted:

Paradox games! We should all play a big Stellaris game, though something tells me BYOB would be all plants with maybe a few robots.

Stellaris sounds good, but also I think I'm too dumb to play it. I tried Crusader Kings 2 and was definitely too stupid for that one. Also I don't have a windows computer anymore. But I deffo think everyone else should play it.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Rockman Reserve

i played a bunch of hours of stellaris and really liked it and came back to it like a year later and it was totally different and I don’t know how it works anymore

Stoner Sloth

mysterious frankie posted:

Stellaris sounds good, but also I think I'm too dumb to play it. I tried Crusader Kings 2 and was definitely too stupid for that one. Also I don't have a windows computer anymore. But I deffo think everyone else should play it.

Stellaris isn't tooo bad complexity wise but CK2 definitely has a pretty steep learning curve.

Played stellaris a lot for awhile (think before DLCs and stuff for it were out) and used mods to make a crazy dalek empire but a chill, sentient weed or magic mushroom one sounds like a lot of fun multiplayer with other yobbers.

Goons Are Gifts

For some reason I really never got into any other paradox game than CK2. I literally tried them all for dozens of hours, but it never stuck. In CK2 though I'm looking at like 3000 hours now and there's no chance I'll ever stop until CK3 becomes a thing.

brb reforming the Roman empire, replace the pope with some stoner and get hammered after naming it Smokerium Weedorum

Goons Are Gifts

To be fair, don't think I ever really understood Stellaris. Would love to learn it, but it seems so difficult and weird compared to ck2. :smith:

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

To be fair, don't think I ever really understood Stellaris. Would love to learn it, but it seems so difficult and weird compared to ck2. :smith:

It's definitely weird but I found it easier tbh - ymmv of course but I figure if you can deal with running an empire of insane ape people then chill plant dudes have to be way easier!

BTW the holy fury stuff is pretty good - makes reforming pagan religions more rewarding and has some cool things depending on how you like to play.

Other than stellaris and ck2 I haven't played much else that paradox put out though... think I got a free copy of Victoria 2 or something and would love to one day understand enough of the later era games to play through right form the earliest start date in CK2 as far as possible through multiple games.

Farecoal

There he go
victoria 2 is pretty rough compared to later games. ck2 is considered the first really "polished" paradox game. we're all waiting for victoria 3 over in the paradox thread in games

Goons Are Gifts

Quite certain I just can't wrap my head around other paradox titles as I'm so used to the character-bound concept of titles and inheritance and what not, while anything from EU4 on wards is a rather abstract concept like nations or even stellar empires, with a lot of nuances and facets in it that you can manually adjust. Also, new UI and new options and abilities that I don't know and always resemble some kind of urge to go back to what I already know. Quite sure I could learn and have great fun with those things if I really sat down and dug into it.

However, CK2 has way more incest and fun stories due to it being character-driven, which I highly enjoy. Also medieval ages!!

Stoner Sloth

Farecoal posted:

victoria 2 is pretty rough compared to later games. ck2 is considered the first really "polished" paradox game. we're all waiting for victoria 3 over in the paradox thread in games

Think I'd vaguely read something along those lines before but cool, I'll have to check out that thread :) ty

Goons Are Great posted:

However, CK2 has way more incest and fun stories due to it being character-driven, which I highly enjoy. Also medieval ages!!

It's definitely one of my favourite games for all those reasons and more! Had a lot of fun playing the vikings too

Rockman Reserve

can i be joker in ssbu yet, i checked like an hour ago and nada

mysterious frankie

Stoner Sloth posted:

Stellaris isn't tooo bad complexity wise but CK2 definitely has a pretty steep learning curve.

Played stellaris a lot for awhile (think before DLCs and stuff for it were out) and used mods to make a crazy dalek empire but a chill, sentient weed or magic mushroom one sounds like a lot of fun multiplayer with other yobbers.

I'd prolly get it if it ran on my Mac, but I don't think it does, so instead Sekiro and maybe that My Time In Portia game if I can ever beat Sekiro, but I don't think I can because it's really hard and I hate that armor guy on the bridge so frikkin much and also frig.

----------------

Good Sphere

i was playing breath of the wild (i’m late on this one!) but omg is that game engaging. i forgot to eat or notice i had no groceries. now i’m eating ice cream covered in peanuts. hope this fills me up!

Goons Are Gifts

Deeply enjoy what you are doing, forget what you wanted to do, be too confused to get back to what you needed to do and then solve this problem by amazing ice cream in a chill environment.
That's the byob sprit!!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
did anyone mention hypnospace: outlaw yet?

because they should have

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FutonForensic

hypnospace outlaw is awesome and i might make a sig out of some of the font assets available in the game files

mysterious frankie

sekiro update: it's bad and makes me feel like a pissed off teenager. don't play if you don't like the idea of having intrusive thoughts about throwing your pets across the room or phoning your mom in Michigan at odd hours to call her a b word that doesn't get you.

subnautica is good though. you swim in an alien ocean and look at cool fish. also it's cheaper. play subnautica instead of sekiro.

----------------

vanisher

sekiro update: it's bad and makes me feel like a pissed off teenager. don't play if you don't like the idea of having intrusive thoughts about throwing your pets across the room or phoning your mom in Michigan at odd hours to call her a b word that doesn't get you.

subnautica is good though. you swim in an alien ocean and look at cool fish. also it's cheaper. play subnautica instead of sekiro.

I got subnautica:below zero and got stuck on the very first puzzle

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

bacalou

:cheers:

mysterious frankie

On my deathbed I will call my son and/or daughter over to me and be like “my final wish is for you to beat all three forms of genichiro then go on to finish sekiro” and then they’ll look over their shoulder at their mom and she’ll almost imperceptibly shake her head then they’ll be like “can’t we just promise to get doctorates and plant a tree in Israel or something?” and I’ll be like”noooooo avenge me by gitting guuuuuuud” then I’ll die and go to hell and hell will be me on a couch playing sekiro, spending an eternity dying to that snake eyes rear end in a top hat.

----------------

pixaal

On my deathbed I will call my son and/or daughter over to me and be like “my final wish is for you to beat all three forms of genichiro then go on to finish sekiro” and then they’ll look over their shoulder at their mom and she’ll almost imperceptibly shake her head then they’ll be like “can’t we just promise to get doctorates and plant a tree in Israel or something?” and I’ll be like”noooooo avenge me by gitting guuuuuuud” then I’ll die and go to hell and hell will be me on a couch playing sekiro, spending an eternity dying to that snake eyes rear end in a top hat.

No hell is much stranger you think you are an L block from tetris but can't get off the couch and your head is stuck looking at the ceiling for all eternity and you constantly wonder if there's anything else.

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve

i am very bad at sekiro still but it definitely does not make me want to throw cats or anything

it's definitely a game where my mana-potion-hoarder mentality from RPGs is heavily incentivized though, and i appreciate that. I WILL EAT SNAP PEAS WHEN I'M DEAD.