Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
people feel excitement for different things.

hosed up, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The thing I'm most excited about is the inevitable flamewar about it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

imagine how easy your dates would be though. you could dangle your keys in front of his face and he’d just cry and be like “how is it still so epic?”

Let's be real, the first date he would take anyone would be to Star Wars, and then he will ruin the cinematic experience by not shutting the gently caress up the whole time, and punching you on the shoulder every time a light saber duel goes off, a laser tag match goes off, a dog fight goes off, some one liner about having sex with the light side of the force, and weeping at Carrie Fisher

YaketySass posted:

goddamned SJW propaganda at it once again :argh:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dreddout posted:

I can barely remember a single thing about the last two star wars movies. The first one was a retread of a new hope and the second is just a blur in my brain. It takes me a bit to put the face of a main character to their name.

The prequels stand out more in my brain I can recall the basic plot and characters of all three.

I couldn't imagine feeling excitement for the next one.

rogue one was excellent

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i'm not invested enough to post in a flamewar about it i just like writing ridiculous garbage and hitting Submit Reply.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

imagine how easy your dates would be though. you could dangle your keys in front of his face and he’d just cry and be like “how is it still so epic?”

only if they were star wars keys with that lit up like lightsabers.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

mandatory lesbian posted:

I turn into a weepy mess at the slightest bit of like anything but I can't imagine crying bc I love star wars or something, I need an actual emotional moment like someone's dad dying or dropping a bowl of cereal on the ground

I feel like I'm emotionally broken because while a dad-dying scene in a given movie generally does nothing for me, I'll be reduced to a puddle by a sufficiently stirring piece of epic visual and musical sensory overload in the same movie

CharlestheHammer posted:

hosed up, imo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

YaketySass posted:

yeah. chud talking heads turning on nerd culture is amusing since most of them either got to where they are by stoking biogatry in those communities and or are from there themselves.

Ugato posted:

dude is ready to cry at the mere thought of the Star Wars trailer. it’s also just a sizzle reel of fan service moments. and the main action piece the clips are surrounding makes no sense. is the guy in the space ship trying to smash her against the window? did he forget he has weapons? but hey though dude called it epic so it must be great.

and I’m a loving Star Wars fan

yeah. i got misty eyed on the TFA trailer because that was the first movie since the abortion that the prequels are. i have liked the sequels so far well enough and i liked that trailer and will probably see it and probably by that respawn jedi game but i didnt cry over it.

that being said. i don't hate the dude. he isn't hurting anyone and if it makes the right turn on nerds and maybe cause nerds to leave nazism, then thats good.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

rogue one was excellent

it really is, I think its the best star wars there is.

would have been nice to expand the universe in that kind of direction, kind of tired of jedi vs sith narratives. Would like to see world building that focus on resources and economic disparities that reflected the oppressive nature of the Empire, culture and religion, which Rogue One succeeded at. Plus there were unique locations this time, Scarif was amazing.

Anyways, death to cargo shorts

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
what are shorts called in the Star Wars universe

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

CharlestheHammer posted:

hosed up, imo.

People feel excitement? This is very unsettling.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I look forward to doing exactly what I've done for the last 4 Star Wars movies: watching them the one time once they're at Red Box, thinking they're pretty alright, and then desperately avoiding video essays online about how they're dissolving western civilization or whatever.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I dont liek shorts in general but cargo pants are very ftw.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

My platonic ideal for legwear is like a jrpg hero but instead of zippers and belts hes covered in pockets

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lastgirl posted:

jedi vs sith narratives

I feel like this was a mistake to begin with.

The original movies were character-vs-character stories, the whole "light side vs dark side" thing was more or less just code language for those characters' traits and motives as they related to each other. The whole thing got less interesting as soon as they said "sith" on screen

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

YaketySass posted:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shorts

shorts.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Meme Emulator posted:

My platonic ideal for legwear is like a jrpg hero but instead of zippers and belts hes covered in pockets

Tetsuya Nomura x Rob Liefeld collaboration

the end of western civilization as we know it

Data Graham posted:

I feel like this was a mistake to begin with.

The original movies were character-vs-character stories, the whole "light side vs dark side" thing was more or less just code language for those characters' traits and motives as they related to each other. The whole thing got less interesting as soon as they said "sith" on screen

star wars really harps on duality in everything because Lucas is a hack, but the concept is high art. And its because Lucas didn't conceive most of the concept art that went into it

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 21:34 on Apr 16, 2019

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
TBH I'm reasonably confident it won't generate as much poo poo as TLJ and the Discourse will be largely about if it betrayed the intent of its predecessor or not. So less harassing actresses, more convoluted rants about how the other side doesn't "get" Star Wars.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
When will the prequels be redeemed

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

YaketySass posted:

the Empire mass-produces little shorts for their Stormtroopers

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Data Graham posted:

I feel like I'm emotionally broken because while a dad-dying scene in a given movie generally does nothing for me, I'll be reduced to a puddle by a sufficiently stirring piece of epic visual and musical sensory overload in the same movie
This but replace the second half of the sentence with "a dog food commercial that shows the dog getting old while the kid grows up"

ETA also I get sentimental about the jewelry store ad jingle that is basically a Christmas carol in Oklahoma City.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
the fact this has turned into a genuine discussion of Star Wars is the most goon thing possible

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Why do we want to restore the republic in star wars when it was so corrupt it allowed for palpatine to seize power and for the first order to build up after what 20 years after the emperor died?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

CharlestheHammer posted:

the fact this has turned into a genuine discussion of Star Wars is the most goon thing possible

I ruin every thread :negative:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

tactical shorts issued to the New Order is the exactly the kind of thing that erodes western civilization

wearin kylo ren themed swimshorts casually in public with tube socks and flip flops to trigger the libs

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Yeah that's a dude, no woman in the history of the world has ever made a Low T joke in earnest.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
SJWs and Incels furiously debating the Star Wars topic: what side of the Force lets you use "Force Orgasm" and whether it technically counts as fapping to the NoFap faction

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why do we want to restore the republic in star wars when it was so corrupt it allowed for palpatine to seize power and for the first order to build up after what 20 years after the emperor died?

Because the great blind idiot god of the market has determined that it has to be a story about plucky underdogs vs a looming threat no matter how self defeatingly absurd that narrative becomes the more often you repeat it.

In a meta sort of way the fact that capital demands the Star Wars universe be an endless relitigation of the same meaningless conflict is the most realistic thing about it.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The Dark Side is textually driven by unchecked passion, we just haven't seen the horny equivalent of Force Choke yet.

It's also Force Choke.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

force orgasm sounds problematic

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Who can say how many youngling Jedi have perished while experimenting with auto erotic force choking in their private meditation chambers.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
If you do it too much you turn small wrinkly and green.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah that's a dude, no woman in the history of the world has ever made a Low T joke in earnest.

i googled her name and apparently she gets interviewed on some magachud podcasts hosted on youtube

of course i dont want brainworms so i didnt listen to it

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

hey the force got darth vaders mom pregnant so it has it where it counts ladies

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sure mate, ben, related by blood to padme amidala, anakin skywalker, luke skywalker, leia organa and han solo, named after obi-wan kenobi, honorary nephew of lando calrissian, only legacy character with ties to all protagonists of all previous movies, will most definitely die unredeemed just because you said so. sure.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 211 days!

Lastgirl posted:

her gimmick is to emasculate men, and try to separate the image of incels associated with the alt-right. She actively promotes toxic masculinity which only...activates more incels in the alt-right.

https://twitter.com/stclairashley/status/1117976190567047169

The ironic thing is that having kids lowers your testosterone levels, which really throws a wrench in a lot of alt-right arguments.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Krankenstyle posted:

force orgasm sounds problematic

Reading a buzzfeed article about how JJ Abrams apologizes about using the term "Force" as it implies the problematic aspect of lack of consent, and retcons it as "Willful Persuasion", a victory for SJWs everywhere to the lamentation of the alt-right, who now herald it as the decline of western civilization

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Anyone with an american flaf next to their twitter is a chud

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Star Wars is reactionary propaganda, Rogue One is the only good Star Wars movie, and the prequels were superior to and will be remembered far longer than the trash new movies

Serf
May 5, 2011

sure i guess you can cry over a piece of corporate media, but why film yourself doing it. are the hate-clicks really that worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

No love for Solo, the only SW film brave enough to have the Millennium Falcon spin and swat a TIE fighter out of the sky.