Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Mister Facetious posted:

I don't want to play a gacha for a 0.0027% chance to unlock a media player

then don't, and play XC2 instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I’m so sad thinking about The Capcom Stick.

When I first saw a picture in the video thumbnail, I assumed the logo would unveil and transform into a regular looking stick. They already have an iconic design in the SF2 arcade layout. Just reproduce that and you hit the nostalgia receptors. They already did that for the mini arcade machines.

But a giant loving Capcom Logo? The logo itself is great, but there isn’t a single logo that would look good as a giant set of arcade sticks. Not even Nintendo or Sega. This looks like some weird thing you’d win at a Pachinko machine. It’s destined for the twenty-first bedroom in Notch’s mansion.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Looks like they'll include at least 30+ characters but no F4 because this was thought up before the Disney / Fox merge. Though they'll probably make them DLC.

Aren't the video games under some kind of different license? The Lego games managed to have MCU, X-Men, & F4 together.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

Aren't the video games under some kind of different license? The Lego games managed to have MCU, X-Men, & F4 together.

marvel can do whatever they want video game wise (except maybe something weird with not being able to use namor), they were just choosing to downplay characters they didn't have movie rights to for awhile

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

Marvel, as you might expect, is really big on brand synergy. They want Avengers comics to feed into Avengers games to feed into Avengers movies to feed into Avengers theme park rides to feed into Avengers plungers.

So when Fox/Universal/whoever holds a piece of that chain, they don’t want to really support the rest. If Marvel makes an X-Men game, it doesn’t give a revenue boost for for their own movies because Fox has the movie rights, and they’ve wasted their time and money. Worse, they’ve strengthened the value of a competitor’s brand, and made it that less likely that Fox would sell the rights back to Marvel.

So for the past few years, Marvel has made the explicit decision to downplay X-Men and The Fantastic Four, even though people still love those comics. They probably could have made a dozen X-Men games, but it wouldn’t follow their brand strategy.

Now that Disney owns Fox, they are willing to use those properties again. So hopefully we get more X-Men in the future.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Smh at the ppl with YouTube in top row of most played

If the rule that you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Corporate intellectual property rights is such a poo poo show. Mickey Mouse and Fantastic Four should be public domain by now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok you want my games by playtime? Here you fuckin go

https://twitter.com/BorlandCorp/status/1118317081605226498?s=19

https://twitter.com/BorlandCorp/status/1118317470647898112?s=19

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Ok you want my games by playtime? Here you fuckin go

No, I don't think anyone actually did.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Joker in Smash fully revealed. No direct, just here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgZgb8TNy00

The new update video contains some explanation of his systems too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmuTGcbu4Kc

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wow, just dropping that poo poo tomorrow

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
About 15 days late. God Nintendo, you had the most perfect time

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Oh that’s cool, saves having to get hype for a direct.

I’m assuming sharing custom stages means you can also host games online at those stages?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
But for real they just essentially just dropped a Smash Direct with no fanfare and a 'Its out tomorrow'!

why

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zore posted:

But for real they just essentially just dropped a Smash Direct with no fanfare and a 'Its out tomorrow'!

why

why not?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Zore posted:

why

Cuz they can. You'll buy it, they know you'll buy it, and now they dominate tomorrows press.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Kirby has a gun

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

we've come a long way from Snake not being allowed to carry firearms

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Can I transfer my smash stages to mario maker 2?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Zore posted:

why

Because you never saw it coming

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zore posted:

why

Joker burned Notre Dame as cover to steal the paintings and Nintendo is trying to get ahead of it

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

we've come a long way from Snake not being allowed to carry firearms

I think he still can’t.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 has scarlet witch but no quicksilver confirmation :( I hope he's in

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nintendo frequently drops trailers and news without Directs. I don’t know why people are always shocked.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

Joker in Smash fully revealed. No direct, just here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgZgb8TNy00

The new update video contains some explanation of his systems too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmuTGcbu4Kc

This is embarrassing, I believe that's actually Marth, from Fire Emblem.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They finally added a second game to the Nintendo Online app, amazing...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not the best deal so far but still good.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1118316905037623296?s=19

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Celebrate Earth week with some plastic junk you could have bought digitally instead.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Returning to Ape Out and just gotta say that beating a level on the first try is always a good feeling. The music and gameplay style work so well together to create a feeling of tension.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sam Faust posted:

Celebrate Earth week with some plastic junk you could have bought digitally instead.

For double the price.

Starlink is fun but I’m glad I didn’t pay more than $20 for it, let alone whatever insane price it launched at.:lol:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

My Time At Portia seems to be a good port! Runs smooth. Sometimes things are a little hard to see on the Switch screen but it's not too bad.

It's a good game

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

a7m2 posted:

My Time At Portia seems to be a good port! Runs smooth. Sometimes things are a little hard to see on the Switch screen but it's not too bad.

It's a good game

But you can zoom now!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

ACE DID A REMIX OF PERSONA MUSIC FOR SMASH

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Wow, after that Joker reveal persona 5 HAS to be coming to switch, yeah? They face-lifted so much of the aesthetic despite it being a PS4 exclusive, it really seems like a promo tie-in for an upcoming release.

I'd still rather have SMTV but Persona 5 would do just fine for now

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

But you can zoom now!

How?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Turn it on in settings then double press the home button.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
With the P3 and P4 stuff coming along with Joker I wouldn't be surprised to see those get switch ports as well

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Turn it on in settings then double press the home button.

Thanks!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

ACE DID A REMIX OF PERSONA MUSIC FOR SMASH

whos that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Xenoblade composers, I think.