Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

SHE WHO CONTROLS THE FOOTBALL CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He’s shook as gently caress.

He said, “maybe.” If that’s not proof of complete inner collapse, nothing is.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

EwokEntourage posted:

In 2000, Jon Stewart, rage against the machine, and peak edge lord libertarian South Park shared a handful of similar political views

Very weird period

Edit: a lot was probably overstating it
If 9/11 hadn't happened, Howard Dean would have been president, and South Park would have loved to hate him and RATM would just hate him.

You're not overstating anything.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Tayter Swift posted:

SHE WHO CONTROLS THE FOOTBALL CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE

C'mon, was beggin' for it.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Dun Dun

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The rally was clearly pointed towards the apocalyptic rhetoric being espoused by the Tea Party at the time (It even started as a parody of one of Glenn Beck's rallies), and while the message of "Let's try and calm down and remember that trying to give people better healthcare isn't going to mean sending granny to the gestapo" was naive, it was in no way "doing more harm to politics than fox"

It was pointed towards the mythical “adults in the room” that (liberal) boomers thought would save America

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

sexpig by night posted:

They probably did more harm to politics than any other media at their time including Fox
Fox news was still a den of vipers and opportunists preying on the fear of a populace whose first brush with vulnerability since loving Pearl Harbor or Vietnam left them mushbrained.

Stewart kind of hosed us by making us think that laughing and being smug Smarter Thans about the administration would somehow break their hold over everything in that era... but at the same time it was his MO as a comedy show to do so. Maybe they could have pushed back harder, had more liberal guests, and had a more diverse cast following 2002ish. The landscape was just dire with shits like Mo Rocca being Colbert Lite and their entire talent roster looking as white as a GOP intern photoshoot.
He shut down Crossfire for the performative political theatre, but no one really was able to get TDS to go "yeah you're a comedy show and it sucks, but you're how people form their opinions. Nut up and be journalists"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

EwokEntourage posted:

It was pointed towards the mythical “adults in the room” that (liberal) boomers thought would save America

Sadly those folks are still around and are going to doom us with a Joe Biden Democratic nomination.

And although the irony will be oppressive and saturating, Trump will brand Biden a Sex Monster and it'll loving work because everything is awful.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
darn, the "help debate and discussion debate and discuss" thread is super dead? i had an inquiry for it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mueller report will help Trump destroy those unloyal to him. He will purge the non-Millers.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nonsense posted:

Mueller report will help Trump destroy those unloyal to him. He will purge the non-Millers.

What?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

They're saying that Trump will use the Mueller Report to purge the White House.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Everyone is Millers

EDIT: IT GOES ALL THE loving WAY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mueller

quote:

Mueller is a spelling variant of the German surname Müller (miller). In German, the letter "ü" can be replaced with "ue". Notable people with the surname include:

MILLLLLLLERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lycus posted:

no, i got that, i just

...shouldn't reply to Nonsense

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lycus posted:

Yeah, if I were Kellyanne Conway I'd be doing the Kabuki dance in like 3x speed trying to re-hypnotize Trump into not firing her because it's an open secret that she'll leak damning poo poo on Donnie to anyone with a working iPhone, so you can bet she turbo-talked to Mueller, which Trump most likely now knows because Barr has told him so.

Everyone who talked to Mueller is now turbofucked because Trump is now invincible and has a lightsaber chainsaw thanks to William Barr being his AG.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/VirginiaZoo/status/1117810351544971264

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Y'know what? Fine: I'd take "Crazy Bernie" any day of the week over Donnie's whiny-rear end self. Give me Crazy Bernie.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Wark Say posted:

Y'know what? Fine: I'd take "Crazy Bernie" any day of the week over Donnie's whiny-rear end self. Give me Crazy Bernie.

It's basically 'Dangerous Donald' turned around.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

"Do not have a cat" is almost certainly going to turn into "did not have a cat" in a few hours. It just works that way.

Lycus posted:

Well, whatever accelerates the process, I guess.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lycus posted:

Isn't it mostly Trump, Mulvaney and Miller at this point?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Lycus posted:

I kinda am suspicious of that story because it almost feels like an attempt to justify keeping parts of the report heavily redacted.

Oh no he will get rid of they mythical "good ones" working behind the scenes to oppose his insanity like whoever wrote that bullshit NY Times editorial

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, if I were Kellyanne Conway I'd be doing the Kabuki dance in like 3x speed trying to re-hypnotize Trump into not firing her because it's an open secret that she'll leak damning poo poo on Donnie to anyone with a working iPhone, so you can bet she turbo-talked to Mueller, which Trump most likely now knows because Barr has told him so.

Everyone who talked to Mueller is now turbofucked because Trump is now invincible and has a lightsaber chainsaw thanks to William Barr being his AG.

To be fair, the Orange One finally turning on his Cryptkeeper Propaganda Minister is going to be lit

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Wark Say posted:

Well, yeah, but now the latter two will have to wear a different disguise every week.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wark Say posted:

Jared is doing....something.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

https://twitter.com/MikeDrucker/status/1118276383690698753?s=19

My man looks like he's ready to kill some celebrities because Helter Skelter told him to

What a ghoulish man

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

My man looks like he's ready to kill some celebrities because Helter Skelter told him to

What a ghoulish man

he's really leaning into the hobo chic lifestyle to the point that he's developing an eating disorder

https://www.elle.com/culture/a27147998/jack-dorsey-intermittent-fasting-eating-disorders/

quote:

When Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter started fasting through the weekend, he felt like he was “hallucinating.” “Time really slowed down,” he told CNBC. In the hours between his five weekly meals, he says, “You have this very focused point of mind in terms of this drive.”

When Phil Libin, the CEO of an artificial intelligence studio, fasts, he feels a “mild euphoria.” “I’m in a much better mood, my focus is better, and there’s a constant supply of energy,” he told the Guardian.

Kevin Rose, the founder of Digg, launched an app called Zero, to help intermittent fasters track how many hours per day they go without eating.

It’s interesting to watch Silicon Valley discover, under the guise of biohacking, what so many teenage girls know. Kate Moss didn’t say nothing tastes as good as skinny looks. Looking skinny obviously comes with societal perks, but for people who go to great lengths to look that way, the perks are often rivaled by the feeling—the mood-altering effects of skipping meals. Many women express skepticism when Silicon Valley entrepreneurs espouse intermittent fasting, which is hardly surprising: Fasting evangelists sound straight out of the early chapters of an eating disorder memoir. In her 1998 book Wasted, Marya Hornbacher described her heady early days of self-starvation as a freshman at the competitive arts high school Interlochen. “At first, everything tastes and smells intense, tactile experience is intense, your own drive and energy themselves are intense and focused,” she wrote. “Your sense of power is very, very intense.” (Later in the same chapter, Hornbacher was hospitalized after collapsing at prom.) You can find similar accounts of food restriction and euphoria in books about men—competitive wrestlers, jockeys, and POWs in particular.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TulliusCicero posted:

What a ghoulish man

Dude looks like a homeless Alfie Allen

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Whining Don

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
lol, "biohacking"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

luxury handset posted:

he's really leaning into the hobo chic lifestyle to the point that he's developing an eating disorder

https://www.elle.com/culture/a27147998/jack-dorsey-intermittent-fasting-eating-disorders/

Like imagine being a billionaire, and not only hoarding all of it, but dressing and looking like you are neighbors with Oscar the Grouch

loving why?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1118454566486466560?s=19

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

TulliusCicero posted:

Like imagine being a billionaire, and not only hoarding all of it, but dressing and looking like you are neighbors with Oscar the Grouch

loving why?

Twitter Jack giving himself scurvy or whatever is the only way he's gonna let go of Twitter.

It's not like billionaires believe they can get sick, just look at all the "treatments" Steve Jobs got. Going vegan isn't gonna cure cancer buddy!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

luxury handset posted:

Intermittent fasting is a legit weight loss strategy and not indicative of a eating disorder at all. The dummies might take it to an extreme but when done right it can definitely be effective.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Critical posted:

Intermittent fasting is a legit weight loss strategy and not indicative of a eating disorder at all. The dummies might take it to an extreme but when done right it can definitely be effective.

Maybe, but not eating on the weekends is a goddamn eating disorder.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah, my first thought seeing that picture was Reek.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1118173632163926017

Don't look under that rock or that carpet

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CyberPingu posted:

Hey, at least Allen has a song about his doofus teenage phase. :colbert:

If someone has a twitter account here, please reply "Shut the gently caress up, Gym Jordan"

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Forget second thoughts, Trump rarely has first thoughts on most things

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Critical posted:

twitter jack has signs of anorexia

quote:

“For the past two years, I only have dinner,” Dorsey said. He eats between 6:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. The meal typically consists of a protein and lots of leafy greens. Sometimes he adds in another vegetable — asparagus or Brussels sprouts for instance. Dessert is usually mixed berries, or maybe dark chocolate. He also drinks wine.

On top of this limited, regimented diet, Dorsey also says he engages in longer fasts, skipping all meals on Saturdays. “The other thing I’ve been playing with recently is not just a single day but doing weekends,” he told Greenfield. “I’ll go from Friday ’til Sunday. I won’t have dinner on Friday. I won’t have dinner or any meal on Saturday. And the first time I’ll eat will be Sunday evening.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wark Say posted:

If someone has a twitter account here, please reply "Shut the gently caress up, Gym Jordan"

That's not nearly as embarrassing as being politcally outmaneuvered by Kevin McCarthy.