Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

zxqv8 posted:

As next league is the league of melee, I think it'll be a good time to go back to Charged Dash.

poo poo is fun, yo.

Oh i might finally do my flicker strike build ive been thinking about

Just a week ago I was struggling to kill Atziri (burned 6 portals on her and only got her to 33%) and yesterday I pulled off these firsts:

-Beat Atziri, she absolutely melted
-Beat 4 guardians + elder
-Ill be level 90 sometime today

Feels good man, time to finish Zanas quest line for the first time ever, Ive gotta do T13 Shaper Influence map

e: Oh, ive got Atziris mirror, if I can get to Uber Atziri I should upgrade it. Ill have to look for the propechy

e2: Ok that prophecy is like 15 exalts, lol

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Just a week ago I was struggling to kill Atziri (burned 6 portals on her and only got her to 33%) and yesterday I pulled off these firsts:

Feels good man, time to finish Zanas quest line for the first time ever, Ive gotta do T13 Shaper Influence map

e: Oh, ive got Atziris mirror, if I can get to Uber Atziri I should upgrade it. Ill have to look for the propechy

Sorry new league mechanic if you use flicker strike you die.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Meme Emulator posted:

Yea the regular mirror is dirt cheap.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

If you like flickers mechanics then take a look at consecrated path.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I finally beat Uber Elder! :woop:

On the simulator :sigh:

No way in hell I have the patience to do that for real.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What is your dps, if you can do a certain amount it is actually easier than shaper in my opinion.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'm completely new at PoE. Can anyone comment on my theory build? Marauder mace w/ armor and leech. Added attack speed and stun as well.

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAP8AEAEA...vNvSdUJuwAAAAAA

Aside from knowing I'm above the point cap, what can I improve? Tried to get above 150% life as recommended. Also trying to synergize Unwavering and Iron Reflexes, and made an attempt at picking up other useful nodes on the way. Vaal wasn't too far out of the way so I grabbed that and some additional leech as well. Warrior's Blood seems useless since I can't get stunned, but it's sort of along a crucial path.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What ascendancy are you going? Juggernaut can get stun immunity through ascendancy and those 8 nodes around constitution are pretty nice to getting more hp. And you are planning to go all the way to 100? I kinda gave up at 95 on my last guy and those last levels were a stretch and I actually was 80% to 96 before I said gently caress it so I could just take more risks.

I have no idea how vaal pact works but I think that is one of those special keystones people would base a build around.

If its your first character and you want to make your own build. I would get as much maximum life and life % nodes as you can while grabbing some dmg ones on the way. I only played a molten strike jugg so I have no idea how the other skills work or their good nodes.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 17, 2019

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

No clue, and not planning for 100, so I’ll need to drop a few nodes.

If you’re saying my 150% life can partially come from the ascendancy then I’d consider Juggernaut if only to drop some of the existing life nodes. Dunno.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Your build plan should only go up to about level 90 at most. You should be taking more life nodes, and probably less stun nodes but I've never tried to stun anything so for all I know they're amazing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You can kinda stun pretty good, only had the warriors blood passive on my jugg and endurance charge on stun support gem would fill up my charges pretty fast. Not that good a gem unless you are really stacking endurance charges though.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Stun is a real thing but a bunch of the hardest bosses are stun immune anyway.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

In any case 150% life is low, especially for a build that's going to be up in enemies' faces. I don't think I'd feel comfortable with less than 200%.

Bear in mind that armour doesn't do much against big hits unless you have an insane amount of it, and it does nothing against elemental damage.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ruggan posted:

No clue, and not planning for 100, so I’ll need to drop a few nodes.

If you’re saying my 150% life can partially come from the ascendancy then I’d consider Juggernaut if only to drop some of the existing life nodes. Dunno.

I think marauder builds usually go this way compared with what I did on mine. Pretty much get some decent dmg traits as you level, grab a bunch of life, and save those nodes for only maces until you finish the storyline and know what maces you will be using. Ascendancy points are not counted from your skill points and you get 8 total over the course of the game.

I circled the jewel nodes, they are less important at the start but later near the end game you can find some pretty good ones. Sometimes really cheap from other players.

I followed this build, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2237244(might want to stay away from the gear he has for this season that poo poo is expensive, I used his 3.5 setup before he updated the post), its a dual wield mace jugg. Had a friend do this build and it is kinda cheaper and just more tanky, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIjaSp6Ja8Q&t=20s.

You may also want to just download path of building as you can import your character from the game into and see what changing passives or gear will change.

https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases

I would say just finish the story then load your guy in path of building and just try to increase your numbers and you should be fine. In a general sense, you bee line for the keystones(gold rim skills) then you grab all the passives that are close by that are good for you.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 17, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

What is your dps, if you can do a certain amount it is actually easier than shaper in my opinion.

Doesn't matter because I haven't even bothered to get into yellow maps this league. Hence not having the patience for it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Qwertycoatl posted:

Your build plan should only go up to about level 90 at most. You should be taking more life nodes, and probably less stun nodes but I've never tried to stun anything so for all I know they're amazing.

Most builds should be "finished" at 90, with anything above that considered a bonus, and anything past 94 is going to take some pretty decent dedication to get to.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Whats the deal with the bosses in Act 5 and 6(and presumably later)?

I breeze through just about everything and they just kick my rear end repeatedly.

Do I have cause to worry I have hosed my build up? I have been following a guide on the Tornado shot build so I think its ok, might just be low on HP at the moment?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

BoonyPC posted:

I breeze through just about everything and they just kick my rear end repeatedly.

Do I have cause to worry I have hosed my build up? I have been following a guide on the Tornado shot build so I think its ok, might just be low on HP at the moment?

I dont think you can gently caress up your build that early but act 5 is where the game starts increasing difficulty rather rapidly, which means your gear starts mattering a lot more.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Your resistances took a 30% hit beating Act 5 and everything from 6 onward has a lot of elemental damage. Check em.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Just beat Shaper for the first time and I'm wondering what, if any, gear upgrades I should be looking at (PoB). I've got something around 12 ex in easy currency and probably more if I converted some of the non-chaos/exalts and I'm very unlikely to roll another character this league. Any suggestions?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

RPZip posted:

Just beat Shaper for the first time and I'm wondering what, if any, gear upgrades I should be looking at (PoB). I've got something around 12 ex in easy currency and probably more if I converted some of the non-chaos/exalts and I'm very unlikely to roll another character this league. Any suggestions?

i'm at work so i don't have pob available but if you post a link to your regular character sheet i'll take a look

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yall butts still in global #5555?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ButtWolf posted:

Yall butts still in global #5555?

yes, though it's a bit quieter these days

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BoonyPC posted:

90% of the time the problem is just plain ol' standing in bad poo poo. Kitava in particular has a few avoidable attacks that will just flat out murder you if you stand in them. The Brine King also has some, particularly the lightning circles during his invuln phases. Those can be tough to avoid because you have very limited room to move.

Good guide for Kitava, and the rest of the series is good as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aso-rfA4R6E&t=584s

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Brine king just move to where a lighting bolt was.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
I didn't think I could grow to hate a league mechanic more than Betrayal.

Thanks for proving me wrong GGG.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DigitalMocking posted:

loving around in the nexus just makes me miss delve more

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

DigitalMocking posted:

But you can basically ignore Synthesis. I still wish I could ignore Betrayal most of the time. I basically discarded a map yesterday because an intervention popped up and with the mods on the map (turbo I think, maybe also extra monster damage) I used 2-3 portals and then just said "nah gently caress it, too riptastic".

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

loving around in the nexus just makes me miss delve more

1 week infinite delve league, niko carves out a path to an izaro node at the appropriate mlvl depth equivalent, go go go

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I think Synthesis would be a lot more fun if they let you store like 2x to 3x more pieces.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Papercut posted:

I think Synthesis would be a lot more fun if they let you store like 2x to 3x more pieces.

This.

Also, the decay on non-open memories is *COMPLETE* bullshit.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DigitalMocking posted:

Yeah it's really obvious that it was designed for one encounter every map, rather than three encounters in ~10% of maps. It just doesn't work in a lot of ways.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Papercut posted:

Or the path building was more complex but they allowed you to rotate in compensation

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Or the path building was more complex but they allowed you to rotate in compensation

That's a bad idea

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Fiddling with tiles is the worst part of the league, by far, for me. Making them even more fiddly would suck.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

DigitalMocking posted:

This.

decay is *COMPLETE* bullshit.

Complete bullshit indeed. Timers in Incursion can get annoying depending on build, but it's mostly fine. It gives a sense of urgency to getting things done and can be kinda fun. Decay in memories however is...well often it's fine, but way too often it's instablocking bullshit that ruins everything.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Killing enemies should drive back the decay.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Papercut posted:

Killing enemies should drive back the decay.

This. PoE is at it's core about killing stuff. Everything builds towards killing stuff. Incursion timers encourage you to murder more stuff. Decay encourages you to do things as fast as possible, and for a lot of builds, that involves ignoring enemies.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

What do people think of blind in general?

I'm currently using a Moonsorrow w/ CWDT vortex on it to try and enhance survivability, but I'm starting to get to a point where I feel like I've prioritized defense over offense too much. I think replacing my wand would be a good way to get my DPS up, but it's kind of unclear how much of an impact blind is actually making.

I mean, with over 100% increased damage and +10% cast speed that wand is hardly a slouch on its own, but it seems like there's room for improvement. (particularly with the % of elemental damage as extra chaos damage mod?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dr. Eldarion posted:

What do people think of blind in general?

Extremely powerful if you can get it without giving up something major.