Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The moment that Disney set its eyes on Berserk is when they realized Griffith was the better Millennium Falcon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

imo disney should buy the rights to berserk and add a berserk attraction to disneyland

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Guts for Kingdom Hearts

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Makes sense: I mean, Takahiro Sakurai already voices Cloud, so him voicing Griffith would be a nice bonus. :)

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

U-DO Burger posted:

imo disney should buy the rights to berserk and add a berserk attraction to disneyland
It's like Putt Putt golf! Except you throw your parents into the big chomping tiger.

See also https://youtu.be/enUo-1TjdEs (2:08 for the impatient).

Also "swing the sword (if you can) to ring the bell", but I guess that's more like a county fair.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Berserk but all panels of Griffith are now Donald Duck.

No other changes.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
If anyone was, Donald would be Guts.

Griffith would be Mickey, or, allowing for a less prominent character, Gladstone Gander.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

EimiYoshikawa posted:

If anyone was, Donald would be Guts.

Griffith would be Mickey, or, allowing for a less prominent character, Gladstone Gander.

Daisy as Casca.

Edit: Scrooge as Void

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Goofy as Skull Knight

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Raspberry Bang posted:

Goofy as Skull Knight
:golfclap:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Sora would definitely be Guts. He solves every obstacle he comes across by swinging around a blade too big to be called a key.

That would make Kairi Casca, and pretty boy Riku can be Griffith.

This poo poo is writing itself.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Raspberry Bang posted:

Goofy as Skull Knight

https://twitter.com/sihvoaleksi/status/889936548245929991

Scroll down to see Skull Goofy

*Sword of Actuation hits Ganishka on accident* AHH-HO-HO-HOOWIE

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
It looks more like Howard the Duck to me with that type of angry face. But as of a few weeks ago, that's Disney!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Reminds me of another crossover.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Wait oh my god there's more Disney Berserk? I saw the drawing of Donald-Guts staring down Mickey-Femto on the stairs ages and ages ago and never realized there was a whole comic.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He'd make a good Guts but I like the idea of irredeemably evil Donald

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
If Donald is Guts, shouldn't Scrooge be the Skull Knight then? Especially given the theories about him being the ruler of the Gaiseric Empire

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

OnimaruXLR posted:

If Donald is Guts, shouldn't Scrooge be the Skull Knight then? Especially given the theories about him being the ruler of the Gaiseric Empire

It writes itself.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Puck is just the goddamn best

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://grand-angle.lefigaro.fr/berserk-kentaro-miura-je-suis-jaloux-de-yukito-kishiro-et-de-son-alita

https://www.reddit.com/r/Berserk/comments/be6ns1/massive_interview_of_miura_for_french_paper/

Berserk is getting close to the endgame and the first serious showdown with that white haired little poo poo approaches... supposedly.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

U-DO Burger posted:

the new eclipse attraction is an experience you will never forget

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I read that interview, the fact he doesn't wanna put a percentage how close we are to the end.. well.. poo poo the endgame is near.

Berserk might actually finish during our life time. :unsmith:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Guts kills a lot of apostles, but he doesn't hurt Griffith that much. The sting of making him feel regret and human emotions will be the greatest pain of all as his kingdom comes tumbling down.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I know there are people who've waited 30 years, but I don't want this to end yet. I have just joined the boat :unsmith:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

I know there are people who've waited 30 years, but I don't want this to end yet. I have just joined the boat :unsmith:

Look at how many chapters were released over the last few years

"Endgame" means at least 10 more years

I mean, holy poo poo, how many epic showdowns are left? With how meticulous the storytelling has been, there's no way any of Griffith's major henchmen go down without an epic fight. They all had their awesome monster form revealed, a few have fated enemies (no way Silat isn't going to take down Rakshas in some way, and I'm drat sure Guts is gonna gently caress up dragon dude in a "fair" fight eventually), it's going down. Not to mention Zodd, who deserves a truly epic sendoff all on his own.

I refuse to believe any of those awesome dudes are gonna get punked offscreen.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

God, murata really did design about ten people each cool enough to be their own main characters :allears:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote:

- In any case, it would be nice if the adaptation into a film could be done.
Try to become president of the company until then.
- Or, as this interview will be read in Europe, maybe someone will grab this film project?
Could we ask Guillermo del Toro?
- While we're at it, we might as well aim high.
!!!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Torquemadras posted:

Look at how many chapters were released over the last few years

"Endgame" means at least 10 more years

I mean, holy poo poo, how many epic showdowns are left? With how meticulous the storytelling has been, there's no way any of Griffith's major henchmen go down without an epic fight. They all had their awesome monster form revealed, a few have fated enemies (no way Silat isn't going to take down Rakshas in some way, and I'm drat sure Guts is gonna gently caress up dragon dude in a "fair" fight eventually), it's going down. Not to mention Zodd, who deserves a truly epic sendoff all on his own.

I refuse to believe any of those awesome dudes are gonna get punked offscreen.

My understanding is that this is in the hands of a higher power.

By which I mean the release schedule of the Idolmaster game series.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My body is ready for the real endgame.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The ending will be a movie co directed by Del Toro and Mirua.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

quote:

- In any case, it would be nice if the adaptation into a film could be done.
Try to become president of the company until then.
- Or, as this interview will be read in Europe, maybe someone will grab this film project?
Could we ask Guillermo del Toro?
- While we're at it, we might as well aim high.

Holy loving poo poo

If anyone could nail the look of the Slug Count and all his spawns, it's del Toro

It will never happen, but if it does, I hope it's just as gruesome and gory as the manga

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I like how, in the absence of Rutger Hauer, he suggests actors reminiscent of Toshirô Mifune.

"the first serious duel with Griffith is approaching", but he doesn't say who the challenger will be. Perhaps it will be one of Guts or Casca and they will die?

If he's underestimating when he suggests there may be "a fifth or a quarter left", that means another third and another 15--20yr.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Also he might have been accidentally mislead by the interviewer since in 2009 when he said he was 70% done he had written 306 chapters (unless the chart I was consulting is wrong), not 176. With the estimate back then, he's still on schedule till chapter 437.

Of course, when he said 70% back then (and a fifth or quarter now) he could mean story beatwise, while fights and other sidestuff might inflate the number of remaining chapters.

Personally I hope the other Godhands have an appearance in the same vein as Slan did, or at least Ubik just because I love how chill he looked here

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I read chapter 257 to chapter 310 last night and

1. Wow that gave me some hosed up dreams
2. This might be the best manga ive ever read

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
It really seems like individual fights with the Godhand would be cool, but it doesn't really jive with their MO. They mostly seem intent on tempting people. I worry they'll just get sucked into Oblivion as some anticlimactic side effect.

But for the grace of Gaiseric, please don't tell me that Casca will want them to save Griffith, and/or that he is saved, because that's just way more than is deserved. "Griffith must pay :black101:"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
If anyone has any right to "save" Griffith through the sword more than Guts, its Casca. It won't be a big elaborate or even deep wound, but just something she does that fucks him in the head real bad.

Griffith learns that she's whole again, decides to try and make a place for her and maybe Guts in his end game after maybe something happens in Elfhelm and she seemingly accepts the offer much to Guts' ire. They split up as Guts goes on a war path to Falconia, they meet up Rickert and have some monster sorties until they arive to the expanding gates of his kingdom. He cordially invites them to some giant wedding ceremony with Charlotte and they see a somewhat dead eyed Casca as Griffith's royal guard or whatever. The event starts to take place and then Casca stabs both the princess and the hawk in one blow before poo poo just goes off the rails.

This violent act triggers the blood-lust in the Apostles as they start attacking and eating everything around them, civilian, Band of the Hawk or Guts' party alike. Griffith can't soft control any of this back into the uneasy peace he had and begins to break down as he goes full Femto. His dream undone by Casca of all people.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 19, 2019

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

rereading those original few chapters and man, the Black Swordsman stuff is dope if only with those one liners and quips from Guts

"Couldn't agree more." before a kick to the fuckin face and shattering teeth and bone or just "Thanks for the tip." when he takes the Count's head off the tentacle thing :discourse:

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
I'm about to buy every volume of Berserk since it's on sale. Looking forward to starting it tomorrow :getin:

Not looking forward to catching up and having another series held hostage to the hiatus.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Man some of you have a very different read on Berserk than I do. Through all the dark, awful stuff that's happened it's seemed to me there's always been an undercurrent of hope and I'm fairly sure that the note it'll end on is a hopeful one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Sure, but the dream has to die and we need to see his face as it does. Griffith said it himself "Men live and die by their dreams" and no wound by the Dragonslayer could match his Kingdom falling around him.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 20, 2019