Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Reemdog wins this season for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rarity posted:

Except the reunion and winner announcement airs live at the end of the season so the S39 winner won't be announced until S40 is already filming.

Yea... but production already knows the winner. They know the votes even at the final tribal. See the season or two ago, where the final vote was a tie.

There is absolutely nothing preventing them from carrying over season 39s winner to a all winner season 40.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

this is just in, season 40 is going to be all previous winners vs all of the contestants from season 39

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Will the winner of season 40 be known in time for them to play in season 40?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

blue squares posted:

Will the winner of season 40 be known in time for them to play in season 40?

the winner of season 40 will be the one person in season 40 who hasn't won yet when the season starts

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SweetJahasus posted:

Reemdog wins this season for sure.

Bow wow to the Reemdog.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I really liked this little blindside/idol play. Just the two bottom tribe members pulling a fast one together. The only way it could have been better is if they voted for two different people in the majority and forced them to cannibalize their own alliance early and reveal pecking order.
Aus 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWiVYJWy46A

Just noticed the prize for this version is just 500,000 didgeridollars, which is worth even less when translated into USD. Just not as big a deal over there or what?

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 17, 2019

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea... but production already knows the winner. They know the votes even at the final tribal. See the season or two ago, where the final vote was a tie.

There is absolutely nothing preventing them from carrying over season 39s winner to a all winner season 40.

I mean, isn’t the point for the winner only to know for sure they’ve won at the reunion?

Sure almost all of them pretty much figure it out themselves, but eh.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ApplesandOranges posted:

I mean, isn’t the point for the winner only to know for sure they’ve won at the reunion?

Sure almost all of them pretty much figure it out themselves, but eh.

I'm sure that's the point in theory, but there's pretty much no way that happens that often. And I highly doubt that would be the thing preventing them from letting the season 39 winner know they won and get to play again right away.

Unless somehow the Survivors aren't allowed to talk at all to their season castmates until the season ends. There is basically 0 way they don't know how they voted at the final tribal of a season that finishes filming in the spring and doesn't finish until December.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm sure that's the point in theory, but there's pretty much no way that happens that often. And I highly doubt that would be the thing preventing them from letting the season 39 winner know they won and get to play again right away.

Unless somehow the Survivors aren't allowed to talk at all to their season castmates until the season ends. There is basically 0 way they don't know how they voted at the final tribal of a season that finishes filming in the spring and doesn't finish until December.

It also spoils the season for the cast since they'd know who won. Which kinda hurts when they'd go back to watch S39.

They've brought back people back to back before, but I imagine they have some kind of NDA that limits them on how much they can say about that season. But it's one thing to know 'oh, this guy was kinda prominent in his season' and another to go 'yeah this is an all winners cast and you definitely won if you're here'.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ApplesandOranges posted:

It also spoils the season for the cast since they'd know who won. Which kinda hurts when they'd go back to watch S39.

They've brought back people back to back before, but I imagine they have some kind of NDA that limits them on how much they can say about that season. But it's one thing to know 'oh, this guy was kinda prominent in his season' and another to go 'yeah this is an all winners cast and you definitely won if you're here'.

As far as I know the castaways are allowed to hangout and talk to each other after the season films. Being that they would be the only ones they could actually talk with about the season with the NDA, there is no way they wouldn't know who got the final jury votes well before the season airs.

But, even still. I don't think the producers of the show would really care about that anyway... if the season 39 winner is a good match for an all winner season 40, they are going to be a good match and get to go.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Didn’t Russell spoil seasons 19 and 20 because he knew he lost? I remember reading a rumour along those lines.

Returnee seasons seem much more likely to be spoiled. A lot of sites were saying they had ‘an indication’ Ciera wouldn’t do well on Game Changers.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

As far as I know the castaways are allowed to hangout and talk to each other after the season films. Being that they would be the only ones they could actually talk with about the season with the NDA, there is no way they wouldn't know who got the final jury votes well before the season airs.

But, even still. I don't think the producers of the show would really care about that anyway... if the season 39 winner is a good match for an all winner season 40, they are going to be a good match and get to go.

I meant more that if they're on S40, the other winners are gonna know who won S39. I mean yeah, if they really wanted to I'm sure they can do it. But it's kinda a big spoiler thing for the other winners if they were to go back and just watch S39 for funsies.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dugong posted:

Didn’t Russell spoil seasons 19 and 20 because he knew he lost? I remember reading a rumour along those lines.

Dunno but I do remember reading he still thought he won when he was playing in s20

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Dunno but I do remember reading he still thought he won when he was playing in s20

He gives an interview in 20 where he states or implies he didn’t win 19 because the jury was full of people who don’t care about the game, but this time he’ll win because the previous players will respect him for being an unlikable troll man.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

garthoneeye posted:

He gives an interview in 20 where he states or implies he didn’t win 19 because the jury was full of people who don’t care about the game, but this time he’ll win because the previous players will respect him for being an unlikable troll man.

Ah that might have been it. I just remember him thinking he was playing a winning game during 20 by doing the same stuff as 19.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

garthoneeye posted:

It's possible he gave two different versions of that interview in the case he did/didn't win, it's not unheard of for producers to ask for that sort of thing. He played those seasons back to back, so the winner of 19 had not technically been revealed yet, but if you watch the actual live finales for both seasons, you'll notice he is a lot more bothered by his loss in 19 than he is in 20, and the popular story is that he really thought he had won 19 and that maybe he had won 20, but when Natalie was crowned, he realized the 19 jury hated him and knew for a fact the 20 jury hated him even more, so he essentially found out he lost both seasons in one night. In 20, he actually seems like he might be a little drunk through the whole thing.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ApplesandOranges posted:

I meant more that if they're on S40, the other winners are gonna know who won S39. I mean yeah, if they really wanted to I'm sure they can do it. But it's kinda a big spoiler thing for the other winners if they were to go back and just watch S39 for funsies.

No one at CBS cares if they're spoiled. Only that they don't break NDAs.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Survivor and the Amazing Race. Just as CBS should be.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

preb on surb!

nope just getting right into it!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dang a hot open is this gonna be another burner?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

wardog spilling the beans here lol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

IcePhoenix posted:

dang a hot open is this gonna be another burner?

Its a double tribal, no loving around.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I didn't vote with anyone else on the unanimous Julia vote and now nobody will trust me a bloo bloo bloo

lmao get honked

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
lmao mountain of gross survivor pizza

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Flag will pop!
Urn will drop!

It's time to play Cop A Squat!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
how often is the food they get hot? or like, hotter than the ambient hotness?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha wardog loving sucks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao wardog

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Vic sitting out seems like a forfeit on her part because I don't think she's in with the rest

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I love Devins so much

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hahaha devins foiled by being hilarious

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Win it or not, David has become a real loving all around contender

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jesus Aurora's got some legs on her

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I too would vote The Wardog.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wardog/Lauren/Kelly are the only trio left, if you have a legit shot at breaking that up I think you'd be a fool not to

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I briefly forgot this was a double boot and thought it might be another bonkers tribal.

Praying for The Wardog.

e: lol The Wardog loving up his game with some insane loyalty speech

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

If you are a passenger you are like a Cesna prop.
Or you could be Netjets and be a private carrier.

What is with the airplane references this season?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ron is a loving idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Suckers