Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

My understanding was that CorPro was bad on here because she naturally shreds armor and CorPro makes her get less shields back because their is less armor to steal.

Yes, never run an aura because it's the meta.
There are so many ways to strip armor there's no reason to limit yourself to CorPro.

I mean it's still my default aura, but it didn't need to be outside of a few missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tulip posted:

if I could buy khopesh by itself, sure, but it's a lot of plat for just a single skin

The Jetmummy bundle is worth it imo. You win on two fronts, good sword fashionframe, badass Inaros fashionframe.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Okay so what time is it possible to pub Exploiter Orb fights? All I know is I need to murk her for Hildryn parts and have been trying over the last few days but no one is doing it.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Something I'm wondering about regarding the statsticks discussed in the last few pages: do you want one that's weighted toward the IPS stat the exalted ability uses? I.e. slash for Gara and impact for Atlas. Or can you just invest heavily in one melee weapon and be done with it?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The stats of the weapon itself don't matter, just the mods on it. I use one weapon with separate mod loadouts for Gara, Khora, and Atlas.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

escape mechanism posted:

Something I'm wondering about regarding the statsticks discussed in the last few pages: do you want one that's weighted toward the IPS stat the exalted ability uses? I.e. slash for Gara and impact for Atlas. Or can you just invest heavily in one melee weapon and be done with it?

It depends on the Ability - Landslide is entirely impact damage, so you DO want a +impact on a riven. I'm not really sure about Khora or Gara, though.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I've got a Kronen riven that's just +damage and two +elemental damage mods, works wonders on Khora and Atlas, I don't have much Gara experience but I imagine it's more than good enough there too.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

escape mechanism posted:

Statstick abilities will only look at the mods on the stick, not the stick itself. "Exception" being Mire's bonus damage.

For a brief time, though, certain two-handed zaws gave an insane damage multiplier for statstick abilities, but that's fixed now.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

v1ld posted:

Yes, never run an aura because it's the meta.

I only run corpro when it's the single largest damage source I can equip.

Spudd posted:

Okay so what time is it possible to pub Exploiter Orb fights?

Go back in time a few weeks to when everyone farmed her to death over the course of a few days. For a non-silly answer: just solo it. The damage requirement is so low that you can just equip the tankiest thing you have and kill it in barely more time than it takes with a group.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 17, 2019

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I still use Corpro as Hildryn because unless you're playing with goons your chance of gettinga 4 CorPro team is about the same as getting bitten by a grizzly bear, a polar bear, a shark, a Wolverine, and struck by lightning while holding a winning lotto ticket at the same time.

And if you DO run into a 4 CorPro team it doesn't matter because without the absurd armor scaling Grineer will die in waves just by having your 3 on.

You might think "But then I'm getting less back!" By level 80 you hit max overshield by pillaging a single bottom rank bitch Grineer. If they're alive long enough that you can run out of armor to strip with your pillage, you might need to upgrade your mods.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Usually you should have region chat turned off. But I just chatted with some pub who posted about not playing in a year and wanted some advice, fifteen minutes later they're trying to find melee stances i don't have as payback. Finding none they settle on giving me a pox riven for free.

Talk to strangers, is what I'm trying to say.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

10 minutes of play and Wolf appears, cool. Once we killed him I noticed a pubbie moaning about the poo poo drop so I didn't even look.
It was the loving motor, which is about 190 plat. Literally the best bit No pleasing some people.

Ah, as I'm typing that I realised that they were probably wanting a specific part to actually build the thing. Lol no

So, 5 handles and 1 motor so far is pretty sweet.

Would have been more if there weren't times when all I had was a lv1 Zhuge or some poo poo and didn't have the whole day to plink at him

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I've had good luck with Pubbies so far, only real bad times have been Sortie Kela, and Neptune spy missions.

Also turns out that the rank 31+ wolf cred rewards are only 15 each rank, which really sucks, missed out on a bunch of cool helmets last week.

What do I need to do to make Phage work?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Anora posted:

I've had good luck with Pubbies so far, only real bad times have been Sortie Kela, and Neptune spy missions.

Also turns out that the rank 31+ wolf cred rewards are only 15 each rank, which really sucks, missed out on a bunch of cool helmets last week.

My Phage has - hell's chamber, viscous spread, frigid blast, scattering inferno, point blank, shell shock, toxic barrage, charged shell.

Can't say it's the best build but it's kinda fun

Jesus 15 per wolf level, that's bullshit

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 17, 2019

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Can someone post a standard Nidus umbra build? Having trouble finding a decent one online to work off.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
It's always adorable to see people call Khora just a CC frame, and then watch a Saryn try to keep up with me in the Sanctuary :smuggo: Seriously internet, catch up. She's not the version 1 Khora whose skills were broken and whip didn't land half the time, she's a goddamn beast.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

So, after compulsive grinding to mr14 ( so I can have all the stuff) I honestly thought I'd chill a bit, take in the scenery. Quite literally, as I haven't fished, hunted or mined in a while, and I do kind of like those.
Er, no, I'm now addicted to forma.

Slapped 4 (so far, heh) on my Ignis Wraith, and now I really see what it's like, oh my goodness.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

All intacts too, in a pub. :allears:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Problem I have with Khora is I can't decide how to build her. Accumulating Whipclaw is so ridiculously good but I want a giant piñata dome...

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I hate giant piñata domes so that’s an easy decision for me

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

GenericOverusedName posted:

Problem I have with Khora is I can't decide how to build her. Accumulating Whipclaw is so ridiculously good but I want a giant piñata dome...

Khora does not need much Power Strength specifically because of AW. I've got base duration, 130% efficiency, 265% range, and 70% Strength, and I do crazy bullshit damage with my Prisma Cleaver statstick. And this isn't even an optimized build, this is just something I slapped together.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Flytrap posted:

Khora does not need much Power Strength specifically because of AW. I've got base duration, 130% efficiency, 265% range, and 70% Strength, and I do crazy bullshit damage with my Prisma Cleaver statstick. And this isn't even an optimized build, this is just something I slapped together.

If you don't mind having a bit smaller dome, Khora's whip aoe actually has a cap on it so you can maybe save a mod slot or two on your range.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Kobogartimer posted:

If you don't mind having a bit smaller dome, Khora's whip aoe actually has a cap on it so you can maybe save a mod slot or two on your range.

Ooh, that's useful to know. I admit having a dome that big can be...troublesome. I can swap one out for some Power or survivability. Or for the new Dome mod when it comes to console.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Bug Squash posted:

Can someone post a standard Nidus umbra build? Having trouble finding a decent one online to work off.

Here is my umbral Nidus build (pls excuse non fully upgraded mods):

Anora posted:

Here is my Phage build -- my most used primary. It melts level 125 corrupted heavy gunners like nobodys business. Riven is +122% status chance, +187% multishot

slow_twitch fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 17, 2019

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Am I supposed to still be able to use the Fishing Bait recipes?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Kobogartimer posted:

Range affects the grab radius of Strangledome and Ensnare though, it feels so good with 230+ range

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
:toot:

this was actually an enjoyable farm, Marduk is high enough level that you can get decent exp and focus, also Argon

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Khora is bdsm Nidus and I love them both so yeah.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Anora posted:

Am I supposed to still be able to use the Fishing Bait recipes?

yes

QuantumButler
Feb 23, 2008

Helter Skelter posted:

You could also just hide it, it's not like you're going to be whipping it out for anything but maybe the occasional slam attack given that stat stick builds are kind of terrible for actually hitting things.

I'm usually whipping it out just so the syndicate proc triggers from passive affinity gain myself.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

slow_twitch posted:

Here is my umbral Nidus build (pls excuse non fully upgraded mods):

Please do not suggest full power / no range on Nidus.

Low duration isn't going to cripple him, his durations are so long a little off the top isn't the end of the world, but I wouldn't drop that below 100% either (just for convenience's sake).

He only needs 180% ability strength to hit 90% damage reduction on his Parasitic Link, and his Virulence scales up on its own; it doesn't need an insane amount of ability strength.

Range on the other hand is incredibly important for making Larva grab more targets, and for making Virulence reach further so you can stomp from further away. (The travel time of Virulence is the same regardless of range, the only thing that changes the length of time it takes to reach max range is deliberately aiming it into a wall -- which you should also do whenever possible. This also means that more range = faster stomps, even at close range.)

If you're making a Teeming Virulence build that's another story but even then you want more range.

Bug Squash posted:

This is how you build Umbral Nidus:

If you want to spend your Umbral Forma on him, then the next step is to max the three Umbral mods and then put Cunning Drift in the Exilus slot.

If you really hate low efficiency you could fiddle with it a bit, but honestly, two of your abilities have no energy cost and the main one you'll be spamming refunds itself -- and the refunds scale inversely with your efficiency. He doesn't need much.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 17, 2019

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Please do not suggest full power / no range on Nidus.

Range on the other hand is incredibly important for making Larva grab more targets, and for making Virulence reach further so you can stomp from further away. (The travel time of Virulence is the same regardless of range, the only thing that changes the length of time it takes to reach max range is deliberately aiming it into a wall -- which you should also do whenever possible. This also means that more range = faster stomps, even at close range.)
There was some build advice going round saying that range above 100% just makes virulence faster, not go further. I have no idea if this is true but I can say that the inverse is certainly not true - tanking range to 45% with Narrow Minded creates a hilarious stubby virulence and a Larva ball that can't grab poo poo.

I am personally in the camp of people who do not boost range because I find extended Larva annoying when it grabs something that gets stuck on the scenery and then you have to go and deal with it, instead of just concentrating on spamming 2 and 1 to build stacks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goa Tse-tung posted:

:toot:

this was actually an enjoyable farm, Marduk is high enough level that you can get decent exp and focus, also Argon

Nice. I got mine through transmutation and find it hard to use anything else.
The backroll dodge has screwed me a couple times but it's just gonna force me to git gud.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I also keep Nidus' range cut back a bit to prevent enemies getting stuck on the geometry.

I ended up dropping my Umbral forma in to him, and landed on this hilariously immortal build:

Since maxed out all the umbral mods, at least. I like having Enemy Radar to help find the hot spots to drop Larva in to.

EDIT: as for Virulence, it's my understanding that the travel time does not change with range, but it does become longer, though not wider. So technically it moves faster, but the total cast time is the same.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 17, 2019

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There was some build advice going round saying that range above 100% just makes virulence faster, not go further. I have no idea if this is true but I can say that the inverse is certainly not true - tanking range to 45% with Narrow Minded creates a hilarious stubby virulence and a Larva ball that can't grab poo poo.

Absolutely false.

100% range on Virulence:

265% range on Virulence:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I am personally in the camp of people who do not boost range because I find extended Larva annoying when it grabs something that gets stuck on the scenery and then you have to go and deal with it, instead of just concentrating on spamming 2 and 1 to build stacks.

This is a good reason, but honestly I'd sooner cut duration (so that the larva ball expires faster) than range to deal with this.

e: Enemy Sense is also a very legit use of the Exilus slot, I might have to consider that when I finally get my u-forma. Sucks that they're all different polarities.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 17, 2019

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

yeah, I find high range Nidus means Ican't cast larva when you want to because it's holding onto some dumb grineer rear end in a top hat half a map away who got stuck on a box

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

This is a good reason, but honestly I'd sooner cut duration (so that the larva ball expires faster) than range to deal with this.
this is not a bad idea though

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

e: Enemy Sense is also a very legit use of the Exilus slot, I might have to consider that when I finally get my u-forma. Sucks that they're all different polarities.

I have my pets for that, why would you sacrifice a bullet jump mod?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I have my pets for that, why would you sacrifice a bullet jump mod?

Supposedly enemy radar activates enemy AI, making them beeline to you instead of standing still or just waiting around. (Anecdotally I can kind of attest to this but it's kind of hard to test when the alternative is "you can't see them at all.") This means that in certain missions (defense, interception, solo survival) having enough radar to tag literally everything in the level is pretty advantageous.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 17, 2019

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I've been using enemy Radar on the no score night wave missions. Hang out by their goal and murder any mofo that gets close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Absolutely false.

100% range on Virulence:

265% range on Virulence:

Oh nice. I mean the fact that they seem to have models that take the extra range into account is a nice touch.

(I personally like boosting duration because I'm lazy and don't like refreshing Ravenous).