Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hows metro exodus right now is on sale at the same price that wings band on the run and i can only buy one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

DoctorGonzo posted:

hows metro exodus right now is on sale at the same price that wings band on the run and i can only buy one.

Band on the Run is Paul pumping out infectious catchiness like nobody’s business. As a spiritual sequel to the original series I think it deserves the status it has. Sure it’s lacking some of the memorable characters of the earlier releases but the great songs make up for that. The graphics and sound design are just splendid.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope the PS5 version of Death Stranding has a character enthusiastically talking about some exclusive feature or enhancement that just wasn't possible on PS4 hardware.

Norman Reedus will play a character named Raymond T. Racing, and on the PS4 version he'll constantly quip every five seconds that he just can't see himself anywhere and that sounds seem to come from all around him

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I've reached the chalice Amygdala boss in bloodborne and it is definitely not fun only having half my health. At least this boss doesn't seem to have an attack that can one shot me like that loving firedog on the last depth

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Andrast posted:

I'm sure there is plenty of violent hentai on steam if you want it

Frankly I’m like 90% sure there’s a game called Violence Hentai on there.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Mr Snips posted:

I've reached the chalice Amygdala boss in bloodborne and it is definitely not fun only having half my health. At least this boss doesn't seem to have an attack that can one shot me like that loving firedog on the last depth

That fucker was the worst. Once it's done the last dungeon is a million times easier in comparison.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Huh... why was I under the impression the PS4 was selling much better than the PS3? I remember the narrative of "PS3 is a failure, PS4 is a huge success"

it's also worth noting that the PS3 has had 8 more years to sell than the PS4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mr Snips posted:

Lol wait til you get to the second phase

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol wait til you get to the second phase

Have mercy on the poor bastard

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DoctorGonzo posted:

Get Metro Exodus because Ram is the superior album

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Get Metro Exodus because Ram is the superior album

i really like too many people but band on the run, jet, let me roll it are loving classics

in seriousness hows metro?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Death Stranding is coming out for PS5 because they know I have a $40 preorder for the PS4 version. It's a conspiracy I tells ya!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished Mad Max! Did basically everything except for scavenging locations and race stuff, maxed out my car and finished all the strongholds and camps etc. Overall was def a good time, but had some serious issues with glitches and the parry system only worked like 50% of the time for me. The very final battle was especially annoying because I was firing the thunderstick things at the car, and they were literally going through the windscreen, through Scrotus’ model, and landing behind it. Overall though a great one to get on PS Plus and I’m glad I played it.

Now to go to Jordan for a week!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mr Snips posted:

Holy poo poo gently caress this boss.

If you're very very patient try this, just run around the edges of the room clockwise and it shouldn't be able to hit you if you keep moving like that. Only go in for a hit when it does that two armed front slam thing when it lowers its head for a bit and take a hit or two at its arms or of course its head if you get there in time.

Once it rips its arms off it only really has two new attacks that it will now use a lot - trying to hit you with the front arms and trying to jump on top you. The trick here is that if you're right at it's tail, when it jumps it will turn around to try to hit you as it lands. If you're already behind it and just stay exactly where you are when it leaves the ground, it will end up missing you and land so that you're just under it's head! Play around with this so you can find a sweet spot for where to be by its tail when it starts to jump as this will make the last phase waaaaaay easier.

One final thing, the head is VERY vulnerable to gunfire even if your bloodtinge state isn't particularly high. If you're okay with timing the cannon/etc. guns that's actually not a bad thing to bring. You won't stagger it or anything with guns but you can get in some easy damage from a distance that way.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 17, 2019

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
here is an alternate strategy, if you're a DEX build:

- do the old hunters dlc
- acquire simon's bowblade
- return to the defiled chalice dungeon
- laugh. laugh until your throat bleeds and the stars shiver

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Housh posted:

Death Stranding is coming out for PS5 because they know I have a $40 preorder for the PS4 version. It's a conspiracy I tells ya!

Should be the same game file

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Should be the same game file

I do wonder. I could see them doing a "same disc/digital copy works on PS4/PS5" thing possibly, although they could have and, in my opinion, should have done this for PS3 and PS4, at least more than the small number of times this was done for digital copies.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Honestly, just backwards compatibility is a HUGE thing for me as no way I'll be able to clear my PS4 backlog in less than two years considering that I want to get more exclusives like Spiderman and all the Yakuzas (only got 0 and Kiwami and this one is backlogged).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Guillermus posted:

Honestly, just backwards compatibility is a HUGE thing for me as no way I'll be able to clear my PS4 backlog in less than two years considering that I want to get more exclusives like Spiderman and all the Yakuzas (only got 0 and Kiwami and this one is backlogged).

i am curious if you will be able to download your ps4 cloud saves and use a ps4 external hard drive on a ps5.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Oxxidation posted:

- do the old hunters dlc

I remember switching to Bowblade midfight in the goddamn menu even though I hadnt upgraded it.

Somehow I managed to kill it on its last legs.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I hope Sony delivers BC on every console going forward so I can drag my growing backlog along with me until I die. Then I will be buried alongside it and bring it into the afterlife to spend eternity working on it, but it'll still grow since hell gets all the new releases.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

- do the old hunters dlc

I wish the Chalice dungeons were a little bit better. I liked them well enough but they often did feel like prefab pieces slapped together.

They had some really intense and good bosses there that made them worth going through.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Oxxidation posted:

some people grouse about the evil within 2's open-world structure but now that i'm playing on harder difficulties i think it's a pretty tidy solution for the game's resource starvation - you can spend the early acts combing the town for all the supplies you can, so that when things start popping off in the mid-to-late game you're properly armed to the teeth. compare EW1's later acts, when you found yourself facing dream-zombies with assault rifles and dynamite whilst armed with two handgun bullets and a hardboiled glare

the evil within 2 was at its best until you beat the first boss and the open world portion basically goes away forever

Neo Rasa posted:

Holy poo poo gently caress this boss.

If you're very very patient try this, just run around the edges of the room clockwise and it shouldn't be able to hit you if you keep moving like that. Only go in for a hit when it does that two armed front slam thing when it lowers its head for a bit and take a hit or two at its arms or of course its head if you get there in time.

Once it rips its arms off it only really has two new attacks that it will now use a lot - trying to hit you with the front arms and trying to jump on top you. The trick here is that if you're right at it's tail, when it jumps it will turn around to try to hit you as it lands. If you're already behind it and just stay exactly where you are when it leaves the ground, it will end up missing you and land so that you're just under it's head! Play around with this so you can find a sweet spot for where to be by its tail when it starts to jump as this will make the last phase waaaaaay easier.

One final thing, the head is VERY vulnerable to gunfire even if your bloodtinge state isn't particularly high. If you're okay with timing the cannon/etc. guns that's actually not a bad thing to bring. You won't stagger it or anything with guns but you can get in some easy damage from a distance that way.

if you have the burial blade when its in transformed mode as the scythe a standing neutral l2 or r2 from right underneath amygdala will hit it right in its stupid head and deal absolutely massive damage.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 17, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Please Sony bruteforce PS3 emulation so I can clear my tv stand :pray:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The best case scenario I'm ending up envisioning is like some generic Sony exec standing on stage announcing that PS5 will be fully backwards compatible with all previous PS consoles and their logos pop up and there's a small asterisk next to PS3 and like an hour later on GameSpot you read that PS3 emulation is just PS Now. But hey, you can slap your PS2 discs into it so that'll be cool right?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

acksplode posted:

I hope Sony delivers BC on every console going forward so I can drag my growing backlog along with me until I die. Then I will be buried alongside it and bring it into the afterlife to spend eternity working on it, but it'll still grow since hell gets all the new releases.

The only new releases Hell gets are from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series. Have fun!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Please Sony bruteforce PS3 emulation so I can clear my tv stand :pray:

I would literally pay 599 US Dollars for a system called the PlayStation 12345.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Neo Rasa posted:

I would literally pay 599 US Dollars for a system called the PlayStation 12345.

I would easily pay $600 to have a completely full backwards compatible Playstation console.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am curious if you will be able to download your ps4 cloud saves and use a ps4 external hard drive on a ps5.

Cloud saves work for Xbox 360 games to Xbone so it should for the PS4->5 considering that is a more powerful console built in the same architecture.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I saw Dreams was in Early Access... then noticed that that actually meant they wanted money. I'm tempted, but I am NOT a good creator. Will this be a portal to play games made by others in its current form?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Feenix posted:

I saw Dreams was in Early Access... then noticed that that actually meant they wanted money. I'm tempted, but I am NOT a good creator. Will this be a portal to play games made by others in its current form?

Yes, it already is. Dreamsurfing serves up a series random pulls, and you can search terms and tags.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

the evil within 2 was at its best until you beat the first boss and the open world portion basically goes away forever

it's still around, just the same place with more fire/worse enemies

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yes, it already is. Dreamsurfing serves up a series random pulls, and you can search terms and tags.

Haha, I was just about to quote you from last page and ask something:

LawfulWaffle posted:

I have one last trophy to earn in Sekiro, and it's for getting all the skills. I need about 18 more skill points and the level I'm on takes about 60k to fill the bar, so this is going to be a slog. Still tempted to do it though; I've come this far it'd be a shame to give up after I've done all the hard stuff.

Grabbed Dreams and I think it's cute. Gonna need some time to dig through the systems but I'm excited to come up with small ideas and execute them. I think my first project will be to make a simple bird and put in some logic to make it fly and platforms for it to land on. That seems doable.

Of course, all of this is against the backdrop of my non-gaming life where I have three boxes from Ikea that I should probably turn into a dresser at some point.

Is there a good video of the creation interface? I am the farthest away from being a code-savvy person, but I'd love to try digital creation of stuff...

Also, do you feel like there's a good bit of fun games to delve into? Worth a purchase?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feenix posted:

Is there a good video of the creation interface? I am the farthest away from being a code-savvy person, but I'd love to try digital creation of stuff...

Also, do you feel like there's a good bit of fun games to delve into? Worth a purchase?
The modelling is a bit like digital sculpture, its all about smearing together a bunch of primitive shapes and then carving into it. Entirely motion control based, works better with moves but DS4 is mostly okay. Skip around this video a bit, Kareem is like the Bob Ross of Dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMXiGHq_kIM

If you ever played with the LBP editor a lot of it will be very familiar, especially the way the logic works

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If load times can be massively improved for the PS5 then that's a big deal. The demonstration was with Spider-Man but I didn't have a problem with its loading times (especially with fun cinematics during fast travel) the way I do with AC Odyssey that I'm playing now.

What I wonder about is if loading times can be consistently and reliably reduced by such a big factor if that will impact game and level design. Would we see less of the load tunnels where your character has to go through some narrow corridor while the area up ahead loads in?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Policenaut posted:

The best case scenario I'm ending up envisioning is like some generic Sony exec standing on stage announcing that PS5 will be fully backwards compatible with all previous PS consoles and their logos pop up and there's a small asterisk next to PS3 and like an hour later on GameSpot you read that PS3 emulation is just PS Now. But hey, you can slap your PS2 discs into it so that'll be cool right?

i would spend $500 to play we love katamari on not a ps2

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

homeless snail posted:

The modelling is a bit like digital sculpture, its all about smearing together a bunch of primitive shapes and then carving into it. Entirely motion control based, works better with moves but DS4 is mostly okay. Skip around this video a bit, Kareem is like the Bob Ross of Dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMXiGHq_kIM

If you ever played with the LBP editor a lot of it will be very familiar, especially the way the logic works

I never really experimented with LBP Editor. I'd love to tinker, but I will never be a pro Dreams Games maker. But if I can play other poo poo, and tinker. I may be good to go.

Do I need Move controllers? Am I at a loss without them?

if I buy early access, am I only on the hook for the difference, later on, I assume?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm doing fine with Dreams just using a regular controller but I can tell it'd be easier with. But no it definitely doesn't seem necessary. Things are generally easier to do than LBP

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So am I correct that if you download a PS4 PS Now game, it becomes part of your "library" and thus can't be properly purchased if it's not in a bundle? Does this linger even after the sub expires?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feenix posted:

I never really experimented with LBP Editor. I'd love to tinker, but I will never be a pro Dreams Games maker. But if I can play other poo poo, and tinker. I may be good to go.

Do I need Move controllers? Am I at a loss without them?

if I buy early access, am I only on the hook for the difference, later on, I assume?
The biggest difference between the two is that with the DS4 the cursor is kind of locked to a 2D plane which makes moving things in and out a little trickier, where the move controllers let you move the cursor in 3D space. Its totally doable with a regular controller it just takes a little more effort to make things line up sometimes.

And nah if you buy it in early access you're good, there's no need to upgrade when it fully releases.