Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Shoehead posted:

Hey weird question, but is anyone having their nvidia drivers completely die playing this game lately?
Nope, mine have been working just fine. Maybe you need to update/revert an update?

:rant:
Tonights play session was entirely dedicated to trying to unlock floors 51-60 in the Palace of the Dead so I could follow goon advice and repeat them until my character was around level 48-49 and be set for at least a few more story beats.

I have gotten to the boss of floor 50 exactly one loving time. Six goddamn attempts more have all failed due to lure traps spawning a fuckton of wraiths. After I finish burning Ishgard down, PotD is getting napalmed.

E: "Just use the Witching thing!" someone is typing. That requires the RNG to give us the damned thing to begin with!

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Apr 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Nope, mine have been working just fine. Maybe you need to update/revert an update?

:rant:
Tonights play session was entirely dedicated to trying to unlock floors 51-60 in the Palace of the Dead so I could follow goon advice and repeat them until my character was around level 48-49 and be set for at least a few more story beats.

I have gotten to the boss of floor 50 exactly one loving time. Six goddamn attempts more have all failed due to lure traps spawning a fuckton of wraiths. After I finish burning Ishgard down, PotD is getting napalmed.

E: "Just use the Witching thing!" someone is typing. That requires the RNG to give us the damned thing to begin with!

Doing your dungeons is better, honestly, for the most part. Dungeon roulette/spam the highest level dungeon you have. If you're in a goon FC, ask if someone wants to come along so you can borrow their healer or tank queues.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Darkhold's okay but to be perfectly honest I'd rather bash my face in against PotD than do Aurum Vale, though I'd also just say gently caress it and grind FATEs and leves in Mor Dhona once I got sick of that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope 80 RDM gets a trait that put displace and corps on a 2 second cooldown like Noct's ability so we can prance around the battlefield.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

FortMan posted:

Hmm, were you having YouTube playing at the same time?

One of the times I was, apparently I has some bizzare nvidia option turned on that does it?

Now I can't do Messenger of the Winds with Noctis, lol :negative:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
poo poo I beat her and then my drivers crashed! Son of a Bitch!!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Are you overclocking? Did you do a clean installation of the latest driver (or one that you know was working before)?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

orcane posted:

Are you overclocking? Did you do a clean installation of the latest driver (or one that you know was working before)?

Drivers done, gpu isnt overheating or overclocked, clean install of FFXIV, though it seems like a sweetfx ini was left in there. It seems to be running ok, but I'm very paranoid atm because it comes without any warning, there's no stutters or FPS loss or anything.

Also holy moley the regalia is very expensive, I'm just about done with HS and I've had 0 spare time in game to go mess about in golden saucer

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So, giving you every piece of the class armor set except the chest is kind of a dick move. Especially when your class trainer lives in a frozen hellhole.

give me my shirt you dragon-humping sonsabitches.
Picture taken shortly before goon friends got me an appropriate matching top

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Rock hard nipples are dragon killers.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So, giving you every piece of the class armor set except the chest is kind of a dick move. Especially when your class trainer lives in a frozen hellhole.

don't kinkshame Alberic

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's even sillier, once you complete the last quest not only do you finally get given a shirt but they also give you an entire second set of the same armour in a slightly different shade with better stats.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mordiceius posted:

I don't even care about personally ever having the mount. I just think that they've put in a mount that is objectively the best mount in the game (aka the only four person mount in the game) and made it cheap enough that anyone could get it with an afternoon of casual play.

Eureka has broken your brain because a 4 person mount has 0 relevance anywhere outside of Eureka. The real objectively best mount in the game is the cloud bike because it always moves at speed upgrade 1 minimum and that's going to be very nice while levelling in shadowbringers. So expect to see a lot of bikes until people hit level cap.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Veotax posted:

It's even sillier, once you complete the last quest not only do you finally get given a shirt but they also give you an entire second set of the same armour in a slightly different shade with better stats.

to be fair that second part didn't exist until fairly recently

the real silly part is that you just replace everything with augmented ironworks immediately anyways and then your "epic conclusion to your class questline" ends up being so easy that you're surprised when it ends because you were still waiting for the hard part

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Eureka has broken your brain because a 4 person mount has 0 relevance anywhere outside of Eureka. The real objectively best mount in the game is the cloud bike because it always moves at speed upgrade 1 minimum and that's going to be very nice while levelling in shadowbringers. So expect to see a lot of bikes until people hit level cap.

I think you'll see the car for a while just from people helping their buds get aether currents

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

Eureka has broken your brain because a 4 person mount has 0 relevance anywhere outside of Eureka.

My brothers and I will be riding together everywhere bithc

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Gonna use my car to help people skip Raubahn Extreme 2 : We Don't Learn Edition in Shadowbringerz

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

CYBEReris posted:

I think you'll see the car for a while just from people helping their buds get aether currents

Ugh don't remind me, I flew so many people around the lochs. :negative:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I still ride the namazu express everywhere because i have yet to obtain anything remotely as awesome and that includes the car

wasshoi motherfuckers

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Is the car going away from GS when the crossover event is over?

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Shoehead posted:

Is the car going away from GS when the crossover event is over?

I believe it will, and then it will probably show up on mogstation a year later.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I went back to my cloud bike to pretend I'm Judge Dredd running down people who don't have rank 1/2 speed cars in ARR zones.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

UHD posted:

I still ride the namazu express everywhere because i have yet to obtain anything remotely as awesome and that includes the car

wasshoi motherfuckers

Yes, yes. I actually don't have the Mikoshi yet, but I'm super close and once I get it I'm replacing my random mount button for it and never looking back.

Also, if I ever change my avatar I'm changing the text to "Wasshoi, motherfuckers". Just letting you know.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I used Blue Mage for the FFXV event because it's probably one of the few times it'll be possible to use it for level 50 content. I cheesed the suction thing with Mighty Guard/Diamondback and took like no damage from it. The change in NPC targeting means White Wind healed Noctis as well.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

to be fair that second part didn't exist until fairly recently

the real silly part is that you just replace everything with augmented ironworks immediately anyways and then your "epic conclusion to your class questline" ends up being so easy that you're surprised when it ends because you were still waiting for the hard part

Has it not been in place at least for the entirety of Stormblood?

Also don't buy Ironworks armor, it's ugly as hell and you'll deprive yourself of the first several sets of HW armor.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lizard Wizard posted:

Also don't buy Ironworks armor, it's ugly as hell

:wrong:

Or at least, the tank and healer sets look good. Haven't seen the DPS sets yet.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
The Striking helm retracts with /visor like Raiden's in Metal Gear Rising

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

:wrong:

Or at least, the tank and healer sets look good. Haven't seen the DPS sets yet.

As a tank in medieval plate armor, I myself did not care for the hard right into literal magitek.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Frabba posted:

I believe it will, and then it will probably show up on mogstation a year later.

I think it will be removed from GS after the event ends and will *not* be added to Mog Station, since other crossover event items have never shown up there.

Within a year there will be some other four seat mount you can pay $30 for though.

e: the Garo stuff is the only crossover event gear that has remained available, probably because it continues to be a carrot to get people to fill out pvp queues.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 17, 2019

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lizard Wizard posted:

As a tank in medieval plate armor, I myself did not care for the hard right into literal magitek.

Yeah, I'm the opposite. Don't like how clunky the medieval stuff looks. Might be a race thing, I'm sure it looks better on a Roe or Potato, but my catgirl is built for agility.

Thundarr posted:

I think it will be removed from GS after the event ends and will *not* be added to Mog Station, since other crossover event items have never shown up there.

Within a year there will be some other four seat mount you can pay $30 for though.

Were all the FF XIII weapons on the mogstation not part of a crossover event?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

People use multi person mounts in hunts and maps all the time

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

They added the FF13 stuff to Mog Station? I guess I never noticed it there. Maybe they would eventually add the car then. I guess that would make sense rather than leaving the :10bux: x3 on the table.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

IcePhoenix posted:

Were all the FF XIII weapons on the mogstation not part of a crossover event?

I had completely forgot that there was a FFXIII event. For that matter I forgot there was a FFXIII let alone three of them.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

ImpAtom posted:

People use multi person mounts in hunts and maps all the time

Yeah, I've gotten a lot of use out of my 2-seater chocobo just running maps with friends. The car is cool and having everybody pile into it is fun even if it might not be the most time efficient thing in the world.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Givin posted:

I had completely forgot that there was a FFXIII event. For that matter I forgot there was a FFXIII let alone three of them.

There was 3? I only remember the one with the journalist catgirl going "omigod lightning is so cool and everything she is in just flies off the shelf MAKE SURE YOU BUY LIGHTNING RETURNS" and then you do some fates where lightning shows up, says something some guy at SE thought was cool, then walks away.

I didn't camp with Lightning, or fish with her. So her event is dumb AND stupid.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
there were no Coleman® camping products or Nissin® Cup Noodles® to buy so this event was a failure

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I will be forever salty that I could not buy a stack of 999 Cup Noodles to sit in my inventory forever.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Argas posted:

To elaborate on this, it gives you plenty of time to adjust your timing rather than mash the special duty action as soon as it comes off cooldown to time it right. You're basically supposed to pop it after she pulls you in. Once you sync your timing to that, and just mash it when it comes off cooldown, you've got the timing right for avoiding the actual cast.

You're also supposed to run behind the monument after you warp to it.

[maximum sarcasm] Gawd haven't you people done Dusk Vigil :smuggo: [/sarcasm]

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Thundarr posted:

I will be forever salty that I could not buy a stack of 999 Cup Noodles to sit in my inventory forever.

They had a golden opportunity to give a Cup Noodle CUL recipe and they blew it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Giving you your class armor sans chest, at the same level where you'll be wearing the coliseum fetish chestpiece if you've been doing dungeons, was extremely smart design.