Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Push El Burrito posted:

I, too, plan to die at 69.

:toxx: ?

edit for tax:
https://i.imgur.com/a6xUjTc.mp4

The Sean fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1118548389652774914

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I called up a guy and said "hey sorry one of your properties burned down but I know a guy "

Not sorry for the loss of history, culture, art. Sorry you now have one less building.

Lol.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Prophecy0 posted:

All this did was just make me sad. I love everything about the Green New Deal but I just don't see it happening in our political climate. I would love for the vision to be reality.

We have to try as hard as we can to minimize the harm, but the fact of the matter is the ship has sailed on avoiding global upheaval. Humanity will be fine, civilization will be fine, but global population is going to decrease horrifically as famine and disease cut down literally billions of people and the remaining countries finally devote significant resources to things like turning tundra into arable land, building seawalls, and the like, along with nuke and renewable plants to power it.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Funding provided contingent upon trump branding approval.

The TRUMP New Notre Dame

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Sean posted:

Funding provided contingent upon trump branding approval

The TRUMP New Notre Dame

And much more visible gold

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Faustian Bargain posted:

The Mueller stuff isn't swaying anyone. Both sides know that Trump has done insane things, but the right is pretending it's a made up conspiracy or they don't care because his policies are affecting the people they hate.

this. id still like to see the full thing someday just to see how loving bad/stupid trump and co are. sure its not gonna sway anyone and it won't result in impeachment but i still want some red meat.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/sahluwal/status/1118201373512781824

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

That is genuinely heart warming :3:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

I would be calling ICE so much if this trend continues. I love mariachi music.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/MacWBishop/status/1118497284105363457

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

Doing exactly this with Kavanaugh may have cost us the Florida senate seat and governorship, possibly other statewide races as well.

as we can tell, from the crushing success of the Democrat who ran on "I'd Actually Be Okay With Kavanaugh"

the Moderate Republican is real, and is strong, and your friend. he is definitely not a fiction you have invented to make yourself feel slightly better about doing nothing.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. id still like to see the full thing someday just to see how loving bad/stupid trump and co are. sure its not gonna sway anyone and it won't result in impeachment but i still want some red meat.

Obviously no one at the top level of the current government who can actually impeach cares about Trump's crimes. But still, if everyone in the opposition looks at that and then says, "well, we might as well not care about Trump's crimes either," then, well, at that point no one with any influence whatsoever cares about them, and then they're completely normalized, and we slide even further into an even more openly corrupt government, along with giving precedent to ignore the future crimes of any Republican president (of course, mysteriously, the GOP will not be impacted by this and will impeach the poo poo out of the next Democratic president for incorrectly tying a tie or something, somehow this will not cause the GOP's electoral chances to collapse into oblivion).

I always see people talking about "we can't go after [blank] because it'll motivate Republicans and increase their turnout". Well, what, do Democratic voters exist in a different reality with different rules? Do they not need any motivation to vote? The Democrats are hardly even pushing back against the immigration narrative and are devoting a ton of their own resources to infighting with their youngest, most energetic and active House reps. When you consistently punt the ball on fighting for things that impact the youth and minorities, and then turn around and do such things as use antisemitism as a prop for an Islamophobic attack on your own popular colleague, you don't think that has a chilling effect on Democratic voters? Obviously, if the things that Democrats do can motivate and increase Republican turnout, then the things that they do can also impact Democratic voter turnout - this is the point of throwing red meat to the base.

And if the argument is that the youth vote and minorities don't constitute a large enough portion of the electorate for the Democrats to devote significant resources to fighting on their behalf, well, just say that and be clear about it, and don't get too upset if that pisses those groups off.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

Doing exactly this with Kavanaugh may have cost us the Florida senate seat and governorship, possibly other statewide races as well.

If being nice to rapists is the only way Democrats can win then we're all hosed and going to die from global warming anyway. We may as well act in a way that at least leaves the possibility of averting Armageddon

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Can congress just go ahead and launch a suit against the administration for having a blanket "resist all lawful requests for oversight" policy?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1118554374391963649

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

as we can tell, from the crushing success of the Democrat who ran on "I'd Actually Be Okay With Kavanaugh"

the Moderate Republican is real, and is strong, and your friend. he is definitely not a fiction you have invented to make yourself feel slightly better about doing nothing.

Thanks for the unrelated point, genius poster

I sure was taking about the moderate Republican here, yes indeed

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

theflyingorc posted:

If you're pretty much fine with the status quo, why do you feel the need to argue so vociferously?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/MKupperman/status/1118426693977432064

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

odd, I was just being told by someone that the Democrats unnecessarily harsh stance on Kavanaugh cost them Florida. how strange, then, that someone who heeded your advice, and bucked the trend, and publicly announced he had no issue with Kavanaugh, brutally ate poo poo and died.

ah well, probably a fluke. NEXT time, surely, your advice to stand for nothing for fear of making Republicans mad will pay off!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Wait I thought they were going to let him get away with it as long as he admitted if it went to trial he would have been guilty? Did he turn down that pants on head in his favor deal??

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Nazzadan posted:

Wait I thought they were going to let him get away with it as long as he admitted if it went to trial he would have been guilty? Did he turn down that pants on head in his favor deal??

Yes he did, being rich makes you insane.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Casey Finnigan posted:

Obviously no one at the top level of the current government who can actually impeach cares about Trump's crimes. But still, if everyone in the opposition looks at that and then says, "well, we might as well not care about Trump's crimes either," then, well, at that point no one with any influence whatsoever cares about them, and then they're completely normalized, and we slide even further into an even more openly corrupt government, along with giving precedent to ignore the future crimes of any Republican president (of course, mysteriously, the GOP will not be impacted by this and will impeach the poo poo out of the next Democratic president for incorrectly tying a tie or something, somehow this will not cause the GOP's electoral chances to collapse into oblivion).

I always see people talking about "we can't go after [blank] because it'll motivate Republicans and increase their turnout". Well, what, do Democratic voters exist in a different reality with different rules? Do they not need any motivation to vote? The Democrats are hardly even pushing back against the immigration narrative and are devoting a ton of their own resources to infighting with their youngest, most energetic and active House reps. When you consistently punt the ball on fighting for things that impact the youth and minorities, and then turn around and do such things as use antisemitism as a prop for an Islamophobic attack on your own popular colleague, you don't think that has a chilling effect on Democratic voters? Obviously, if the things that Democrats do can motivate and increase Republican turnout, then the things that they do can also impact Democratic voter turnout - this is the point of throwing red meat to the base.

And if the argument is that the youth vote and minorities don't constitute a large enough portion of the electorate for the Democrats to devote significant resources to fighting on their behalf, well, just say that and be clear about it, and don't get too upset if that pisses those groups off.

i mean i think we should bring up his crimes during the election but it shouldnt be the sole focus.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nazzadan posted:

yeah the moron turned down the sweetheart deal.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Casey Finnigan posted:

Yes he did, being rich makes you insane.

He seems to really not want the video of him getting his tiny chode fiddled with to come out.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Video of Kraft getting a handy is considered lukewarm internet content at this point.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Nazzadan posted:

Well, given his frequenting of massage parlors he may not know how to put his pants on.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Why are otters illegal 😞

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Scipiotik posted:

He seems to really not want the video of him getting his tiny chode fiddled with to come out.

It's the opposite, he wants that video coming out, that's why he's not taking any deal, because he wants everyone to see how big and immaculate it is

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Casey Finnigan posted:

The winning move is obviously to convince them that fighting for policies which would benefit them is inherently unrealistic, as it might anger the job creators and billionaires. It'll work someday, why aren't those whiny children being more pragmatic like we are? It must be all the video games and cell phones and avocados.

Nazzadan posted:

We've also got one of the wealthier women in the college admissions scandals refusing a plea deal, so I'm going to say yes. It's not easy to suddenly admit to yourself that consequences might exist.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It's the opposite, he wants that video coming out, that's why he's not taking any deal, because he wants everyone to see how big and immaculate it is

ah, the bezos gambit

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Sorry for fox but

https://twitter.com/overtaxed23/status/1118561954187108352?s=19

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

FizFashizzle posted:

Also south floridians not bothering to read the entire ballot.

It's the ballot-designer's fault, not the voters.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Another mentally ill person failed by the system.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oops, fortunately for us she did her plan in the wrong order

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Crazy columbine lady is dead: https://wgntv.com/2019/04/17/denver-schools-closed-as-fbi-searches-for-an-armed-woman-infatuated-with-the-columbine-shooting/

From the excellent reporting in this piece she apparently just walked into some woods and died. :iiam:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

She was apparently running around the woods naked with a shotgun. No info if she killed herself or if the cops shot her. Overall its beena shitshow her ein Denver. This one woman has caused the whole city to come to a standstill. There's going to be some massive blowback from how poorly the city reacted to this one incident, even more so if the cops killed her.

I'm wondering if she didn't get hypothermia in the woods overnight, as she was likely hiding from authorities, and not in the best mental state.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

She was apparently running around the woods naked with a shotgun. No info if she killed herself or if the cops shot her. Overall its beena shitshow her ein Denver. This one woman has caused the whole city to come to a standstill. There's going to be some massive blowback from how poorly the city reacted to this one incident, even more so if the cops killed her.

I'm wondering if she didn't get hypothermia in the woods overnight, as she was likely hiding from authorities, and not in the best mental state.

I get why they did it though. Imagine if they knew she was interested and she ended up following through. The entire police force and legal system would be hung at dawn.

That said, I hope they had better evidence than "she was interested in Columbine" because there's a looooot of people like that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Nazzadan posted:

If he took the deal the video would have still been released as per Florida law. The only way to try and stop it was to fight the charges and try and get the video thrown out by a judge. One guy did take the deal and his tape is still coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Scrolled down far enough to see the comments and that was a mistake, especially on a Fox site.