Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ChaseSP posted:

Personally I love the Gumshoe Gooper drawing that's so horrible you can't even successfully report it.

It is my spirit animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

ChaseSP posted:

Personally I love the Gumshoe Gooper drawing that's so horrible you can't even successfully report it.

Yeah I think that's the moment I realised this game was going to be brilliant

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah I felt bad about actually reporting the drawings, I just did the CGI ones all the crazy right wingers were posting

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

granny cream's hot butter ice cream is gonna be the last thing i hear as i die.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Groovelord Neato posted:

granny cream's hot butter ice cream is gonna be the last thing i hear as i die.

Squisherz! They're really fun!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pi pi pi pizza pi pi pi pi pizza.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Groovelord Neato posted:

pi pi pi pizza pi pi pi pi pizza.

Za my Pizza will always sound like "Suck my pizza"

My wife used to use Enya for her preschool class nap time. Got her the Za'red album to use instead.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gonna start up a new game and ban everyone I can

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Imagine being such a coward you don't support gooper!!

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

:goophammer:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

Imagine being such a coward you don't support gooper!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gooper gets what he loving deserves!!!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm going to murder the man responsible for the Granny's Cream jingle

Please get it out of my loving head

Also gently caress Gooper but I ain't banning those responsible for posting him. They can think they're making a stand but they're printing me hypnocoins

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

Songbearer posted:

Also gently caress Gooper but I ain't banning those responsible for posting him. They can think they're making a stand but they're printing me hypnocoins

EVERY child who posts gumshoe gooper PROPAGANDA is a tool of US imperialism proprogated by their teachers who have 12 ex wives and rats in their trailers. this message brought to you by the WORKER'S ALTERNATIVE

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Songbearer posted:

I'm going to murder the man responsible for the Granny's Cream jingle

Please get it out of my loving head

I laugh because getting Hot Dad's music in the game was a stretch goal. We almost didn't get Chowder Man's amazing jingles.

Soral
May 30, 2009

just wanted to say that the phrase "DrippBoy's Pizza Hole" is the most repugnant phrase i've ever seen in a video game

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
This has been one of my favorite games I've played in a while. I had no idea it was goon-made - though I figured the Helldump/The Dumpster connection was a bit too coincidental.

I don't even want to "beat" it, I just want to keep reading the pages. The asinine dramas in every zone are amazing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ErixjISdtA

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Hello, old friend.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXDbrf9Zio0

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

SquisherZ kids only! :colbert:

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

H͔͜E͏̮̹̲̖̰̘̲ ̖̠̜̤̳
̷͓̼̙͙͓ ̰͎ ̶͍̤͓̥̮ ̬͈̩S͇̖̤̖̯̹͕M̤̗E̡̹L̴̙̫̫̱͎ͅLS͚̳͖̬
̧͉̤̗̗ ̨̤ ̨ ̵̣͓̱ ̝̤͘ ̭̰̥̜̪ ̟͙͇̱̰̻ ̻ ̯ ̺͔̦̞̕ ̸Y̼͉̥͈̬ǪUR͡
̶̦ ̶̱̤ ̴͈̱̠̩͉ ̩̬ ̯̖̤ ̭͚̳ ̦̩ ̡̙̬̗̲̝̦ ̫̟͓̦͘ ̪̼̠͜ ̖͕̼̖ ̙̫̙̱̲ͅ ̯͙̗ ̪͕̥͈̭ ̛͇ͅ ̤̱̞͕M҉̳̟̜̱ͅA̺͟R̶̝̰̘SH҉̯̹ͅͅME̴̳̠̝L͇̭̻̠͍L͍̻̪̦̤͇̬O̶W̥̜̟̩̱̣͜Ś

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
uh oh, I think we need someone to perform an exorcism on this thread.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm at the archive so I think I've reached the end of the game - 12 hours in - and holy poo poo what a ride.

Even crazier is the fact (endgame mechanic) you can go back and forth between the game's "eras" and a lot of the content I only found midway through the game is present in the early version too, with its own era-appropiate updates. I love how simple the archive tool makes it to follow throughlines. There's a bunch of software I couldn't have possibly thought to look for as well and now I can rip songs from all the different websites! Nice!.

Also (endgame story) seeing Zane, Tiffany and Roddy in the list of causalities was heartbreaking :smith:

Honestly if the game had DLC which were just more zones and unlisted pages to read through I'd buy it right away. I loving loved the entire ride through and finding weird stuff is such a treat.

Wish it was easier to rip graphics off pages to use on my Hypnospace desktop though. gently caress I wanted a dragon to adopt

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 17, 2019

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Songbearer posted:

Honestly if the game had DLC which were just more zones and unlisted pages to read through I'd buy it right away. I loving loved the entire ride through and finding weird stuff is such a treat.

Steam Workshop support (which was listed in the 'to do' list, I believe) should help that; people are already making their own custom pages.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I was in a business class and one of the slideshows on presentation day was perfect in an earnest way. Best I could describe, it channeled the old Black Planet energy, like Tasha's page in The Cafe. It would be perfect to chop into a hypnospace page. I offered the man bagels to send me a copy, he retorted it was worth money.

He is right, of course, but how much is a concentrated dose of genuine crazy worth in the real world?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Arrrthritis posted:

uh oh, I think we need someone to perform an exorcism on this thread.

*You press the reply button with NO face*

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Songbearer posted:

I'm at the archive so I think I've reached the end of the game - 12 hours in - and holy poo poo what a ride.

I'm glad you've been enjoying it. There is one more final story thing you can do if you find any 2 of the first 3 Lost and Found things. :0)

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

The thudding WHACK of the banhammer tool is the most satisfying animation in any video game ever made.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Just recently finished the game and I loved it! Wanted to discuss the ending since it initially threw me off as it felt like an anti-climax, but I've come around on it. Here's some notes/feedback/whatever on the ending from what I saw:

I think I was a bit too guarded going into it since the game did such a good job building up Dylan, only for him to hand himself in. Felt like going through Wily's Castle and going into the boss room, only for Wily to throw himself to the ground and beg immediately without getting into his giant robot. I just refused to believe he gave in. Saw a lot of streamers experience the same thing: they're guarded and confused, expecting a trap the whole time even through the ascensions, until the credits, and then they're like, 'wait, we won?' I think most people come around and realize when the ascensions start though, and that's probably the intended feel that most get.

I didn't even tell that Dylan was the last car in Outlaw until I saw another streamer play: for them, it popped up text which said something akin to 'i wont fight back, go ahead and lock me away'. Not sure why it didn't happen for me: maybe I captured him too fast? I saw Jerma play and he didn't see the text either. Furthermore, he thought he was actually capturing himself as if he was dead all along and just living in the code.

A lot of streamers also quit out of the final Outlaw game to read the notes from ascension before capturing Dylan. In a way, this can work, but I think it ruins the pacing: surprised they don't lock you into Outlaw for the whole thing. Actually, maybe this is the intended way for it to flow? Read the notes to see that Dylan is truly sorry, then go back in to catch him? Not sure what works best.

Am I missing anything from the ending assuming I saw the credits? I saw there were some tweets or warnings that people weren't getting the entire ending without going back or something. Are they just referring to not getting at least some of the lost and founds to trip off the final case?

Anyway, I'm going back to listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INj74XRTXbM for the millionth time.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FutureCop posted:

Anyway, I'm going back to listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INj74XRTXbM for the millionth time.

why would you listen to this trash and not welcome the warm joy of hot butter ice cream into your heart

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Taintrunner posted:

why would you listen to this trash and not welcome the warm joy of hot butter ice cream into your heart

need a butter boys gang tag for this

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Taintrunner posted:

I actually didn't find out about hot butter ice cream until after I beat the game. I know, I know...

I let you down now...

I let you down down down down down down down down down...

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I learned that HOT DAD uploaded his part of the soundtrack to spotify so uh, now you can have your favorite songs with you wherever you go

https://open.spotify.com/album/7HnDtNELbKA1QQ62eO9iXX?si=tQm8LN_iT3mrdtI0iypN-w

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Kaboobi posted:

I learned that HOT DAD uploaded his part of the soundtrack to spotify so uh, now you can have your favorite songs with you wherever you go

https://open.spotify.com/album/7HnDtNELbKA1QQ62eO9iXX?si=tQm8LN_iT3mrdtI0iypN-w

gently caress yeah, now I'm ready to shave :rock: :911: :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm so happy Hypnospace's songs are on Spotify but Alexa can't figure out how to play Granny Cream's Hot Butter Ice Cream

I do not want Hot Butter by the band Ice Cream, you loving idiot, no