Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Total Meatlove posted:

Do any of those things impact on the Glazers ability to take management fees?

Heh, it's like you know I was about to go on a Glazer rant and how obvious in hindsight it is that Ferguson somehow managed to offset their neglect through sheer force of will but couldn't be arsed in the end.

I'm currently wondering how much of Gill and Ferguson calling time when they did has to do with that rather than it just being "time".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
How is Tottenham, given the lovely rate of injuries, going to field 11 men vs Man City?

Victor Janssen?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Cannon_Fodder posted:

How is Tottenham, given the lovely rate of injuries, going to field 11 men vs Man City?

Victor Janssen?

Ineligible!

Going to guess you get Lloris, Trippier, Toby, Jan, Rose, Sissoko, Skipp, Lamela, Dele, Lucas, Son.

Son up top, maybe Wanyama for Skipp if he is healthy enough.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I used to poo poo on Sissoko pretty badly last season, it felt he couldn't complete a forward pass.

I hope I'm also that wrong about Wanyama (and that he stays healthy).

I like the forward-thinking of Skipp and Winks, if only Winks would stop getting run over.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I used to poo poo on Sissoko pretty badly last season, it felt he couldn't complete a forward pass.

I hope I'm also that wrong about Wanyama (and that he stays healthy).

I like the forward-thinking of Skipp and Winks, if only Winks would stop getting run over.

not having Winks available is rough. He basically was responsible for following Silva around in the first leg. Spurs turn into a bit of a 4-1-4-1 when City have the ball, and I have very little faith in Wanyama or Skipp to do that job.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bundy posted:

Forced to agree, he's a spent force. Squandered loads of chances last week, at fault for two of last night's goals and offered nothing down the left from an attacking perspective.

Honestly, I thought he had his "Gary Neville at West Brom" moment against Wolves and should've done the decent thing and retired then and there, but apparently not. He's been completely poo poo for ages now, and it's comical how little composure he has for a 34 year old club captain. Like, just for an "Ashley Young in a nutshell" view, go watch the first goal from yesterday, and the build up to it. How nervous, unsure and panicked he looks at every turn.

Or for childish schadenfreude watch this on repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aESamjqMWy4

quote:

There's rumours the squad is completely gassed and nowhere near fit enough for the style of football Ole wants to play and they're looking at the facilities and current procedures in the off season. I recall Mourinho complaining about fitness as well which at the time was dismissed as Jose being Jose. The management of the football side of things off the pitch has been poo poo for a while by all accounts. Phelan has commented that the scouting side of things is a shambles, a number of journos have commented that Old Trafford is looking neglected and dilapidated (and I agree there).

Yep to all of these. The club has to be reworked from pretty much the ground up, as essentially very little has apparently been done since the two giants pillars holding United up through sheer force of will (obviously Fergie and Gill) left and everything crashed down.

Bring in a DoF, invest in the infrastructure, finally clear out the deadwood and start to build a competitive, hungry squad.

Or, you know, sign Gareth Bale for £120 million and hope for the best.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Who would have thought that Daley Blind is going to get further into CL than his previous club.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

West007 posted:

Who would have thought that Daley Blind is going to get further into CL than his previous club.

give us our daley blind

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
As Pep is acting like a whiny baby I'd like Spurs to go through please tia

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Pep is a whiny fucker, he did great on Barcelona but he loves to huff his own farts too much.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Angry Lobster posted:

Pep is a whiny fucker, he did great on Barcelona but he loves to huff his own farts too much.

A lot of people say he was only great there because he had Tito to advise him.
gently caress Cancer.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Spurs gonna win

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Spurs need to save their win for Saturday. A draw is acceptable though.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I wish I had the confidence/faith of any of you guys.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

gtkor posted:

I wish I had the confidence/faith of any of you guys.

what about me

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

In these troubling times, sure

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
COYS

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Murder both teams and give the trophy to Ajax imo

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Alisson, TAA, Matip, VVD, Robbo, Fabinho, Milner, Gini, Mane, Salah, Origi

Bench: Migs, Keita, Bobby, Gomez, Hendo, Sturridge, Shaq

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 17, 2019

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Wanyama instead of Skipp, otherwise its what I posted earlier. And also Eriksen instead of Lamela, cause I am an idiot.

Fernandinho on the bench is an interesting one

gtkor fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 17, 2019

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Peps in his own head now and hes starting to doubt himself.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Haven't City struggled in pretty much every game Fernandinho doesn't play in all season?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

peanut- posted:

Haven't City struggled in pretty much every game Fernandinho doesn't play in all season?

For the most part. I think the question will be whether or not Dele high presses the deepest player (most likely Gundogan here), or if he has Dele follow KDB more.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

ZeeBoi posted:

Alisson, TAA, Matip, VVD, Robbo, Fabinho, Milner, Gini, Mane, Salah, Origi

Bench: Migs, Keita, Bobby, Gomez, Hendo, Sturridge, Shaq
That's a 3/4 strength side. Rest up, Bobby.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Liverpool will go down 2 and score in the last 10 minutes

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

BWV posted:

Liverpool will go down 2 and get score on in the last 10 minutes

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Pretty big crowd by Ethiad standards

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

CyberPingu posted:

Peps in his own head now and hes starting to doubt himself.

seems more like he's decided to just put all his best attackers on and hope they blow spurs away

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Cakir, FFS

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

you can already see that Lloris is going to gently caress up.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
pep is bald

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
gently caress Danny Rose and all but wtf was up with that shove?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Blimey

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

jfc spurs

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
gently caress

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

gently caress

Magic City Monday