Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Tahirovic posted:

Tried to play Frontlines, shouldn't it be live now on NA?

They said on facebook that they also made The Defender have a more fighting chance in Frontlines :psyduck:. They even linked to the patch notes from the asia server that does not explain what they even did to it. :wtc:

E- Forgot to add that they also claimed that it is live now.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Turmoilx posted:

good thing i didnt really look at my damage too soon , nerf incoming btw http://wotreplays.eu/site/4850843#ghost_town-turmoilx-ts-5 my new exp record AND I SWEAR IF ANYONE IN THIS loving GAME HAS BEAT THAT THEY CHEATED

Well, there certainly is a bit of a game. :stare:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

2899 base xp in the Churchill III is my best

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

good thing i didnt really look at my damage too soon , nerf incoming btw http://wotreplays.eu/site/4850843#ghost_town-turmoilx-ts-5 my new exp record AND I SWEAR IF ANYONE IN THIS loving GAME HAS BEAT THAT THEY CHEATED

lol they can't nerf it, it's a premium

no big deal just doin' TD-15-4 in a tier 8, nothin' special

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
My most XP is 3152, but I have no idea what tank that was in. Is there anyway to check if you are not in the game?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

My most XP is 3152, but I have no idea what tank that was in. Is there anyway to check if you are not in the game?

It was in the Churchill III. I haven't actually checked, but it's nearly certain.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

It was in the Churchill III. I haven't actually checked, but it's nearly certain.

Probably lol. It was always my favorite pub stomper.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

My highest xp game probably would of been when I did nearly over 7K damage in the T7 ISU with like 7 kills but we lost :(

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

My highest xp game probably would of been when I did nearly over 7K damage in the T7 ISU with like 7 kills but we lost :(

It's something about lights. When the 13 90 first came out it was my highest XP champion for a long time. Soloing an IS-7 nets you a gently caress ton of XP.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
I haven't played in about six years. Does anyone still play this in NA?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah I think almost everyone that posts here and in the discord is on NA

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

404xp team not found.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

404xp team not found.

how's that +2/-2 matchmaking feeling right now?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

how's that +2/-2 matchmaking feeling right now?

I thought you'd never ask... :allears:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Frontlines is back.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Just a reminder for people playing Frontlines, equip loving engineering and get rank5 of it asap.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
http://wotreplays.eu/site/4851787#prokhorovka-turmoilx-panhard_ebr_90 i got depressed playing the ts5 for stats because i disconnected so i bought a fun tank, this is my third game in it ALSO MORE FUN THAN FRONTLINES so yeah im gonna give up on frontlines because that also makes me hate myself

my first air in the ebr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sXFsozaA3U pretty cool , i lost control and wen up a rock then almost smashed a team mate.. really wish he didnt move woulda been all that cooler. at high speeds it loves to hydroplane

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 17, 2019

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Play the race car in frontlines for lots of fun.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

Play the race car in frontlines for lots of fun.

Yeah! That is my best tank besides primo victoria

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

lol if you're not going full hog with the O-Ho in frontlines

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

ROFLburger posted:

lol if you're not going full hog with the O-Ho in frontlines

i imagine hit log would be all apcr/heat.

had to share this legendary enemy team

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Apr 17, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
New Czech T8 premium medium tank: https://ritastatusreport.live/2019/04/16/patch-1-5-skoda-t-27-final-textures-and-stats/

Not gonna lie, it looks pretty loving fantastic.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
That looks pretty solid.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Barry posted:

That looks pretty solid.

Seriously, I really love the T9. This looks like a slight weaker version of it.

I just got my tax return. God damnit. I am going to give them money again...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The cost listed there makes me think it'll be a reward tank. Maybe the Frontlines award. vOv

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The cost listed there makes me think it'll be a reward tank. Maybe the Frontlines award. vOv

I doubt it, that's (supposedly) a tier 9.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Been playing a little bit of frontlines which are fun but the nerfed rewards relative to their first introduction is such a loving nut kick. Additionally, some of the terrain is crazy glitchy causing the reticle to straight up not aim in the vague vacinity of a target and when you do it eats your shell even though the tank is rendered 5 to the left of it. Finally, loving wheeled vehicles can be some insane bullshit. Crazy on the move accuracy and half the time you hit the tire for zero damage. What is even the point of a light tank then.

In taking about LTs though holy poo poo the base pen on most them is atrocious. The M41D has the best base pen (oh look more premium bullshit power creep) and a really good APCR premium round. The German Bulldog gets a solid 180 90mm base, a 250 HEAT, and a freaking 105mm pen HE shell. The gently caress. So I grabbed a HWK 12 and man does it suck rear end. I have the LTTB which is ok but doesn't do aiming down and because aiming is as arbitrary as it ever was just loves tossing poo poo everywhere and the US tree Bulldog which is a shadow of its former self. So freaking annoying.

One other note now that I'm ranting....WoWs saw a huge drop off in games played Q1 this year compared to last year. I know WoT has been bleeding player base the last few years...so I'm really curious to see if there is as large a fall off for WoT.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

New Czech T8 premium medium tank: https://ritastatusreport.live/2019/04/16/patch-1-5-skoda-t-27-final-textures-and-stats/

the frontlines reward tank?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

A Handed Missus posted:

the frontlines reward tank?

I don't think so... But I am not 100%. If it is I am gonna be pissed because I did 0 front lines.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Frontlines reward should be a tier 9. The Tier 8s are the special Emil variant and the WZ111 I believe.

Maybe the next marathon? They seem to be liking those.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yay I can put my czech ladies in a T8 premium finally.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Yay I can put my czech ladies in a T8 premium finally.

I can't sing the praises of that T9 enough. It is such a monster. I really don't know why more people don't play it. I guess the T8 scares them away?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Guessing it'll be another marathon/challenge reward. That's how things seem to go now.

Mesadoram posted:

I can't sing the praises of that T9 enough. It is such a monster. I really don't know why more people don't play it. I guess the T8 scares them away?
I play one game in the VTU every session and that's enough for me.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 17, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

The VTU is some special kind of garbage, where there might be a configuration of the stock turret and a certain gun where it's merely a bad tank instead of unplayable, but why bother figuring that out instead of just free XPing past it.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/8-bit-salute-0419/?fbclid=IwAR2VDUjNMe-7gyFl6Xj_pzEX9LYLpUyQGOHmKyLYxkMM9B_3ZJkt5lF3Hpc

I mean. Good on Wargaming for somewhat pulling in money for a good cause but if you donate $10 you have to play 20 battles to get three days premium time. Or you know gently caress those guys we are raising money for and buy our 30 day premium time for almost the same amount. But for $50 and $250 well. Read on in the link above.

Im sure people would rather donate what they want to without being inclined for being punched in the dick several times.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

The VTU is some special kind of garbage, where there might be a configuration of the stock turret and a certain gun where it's merely a bad tank instead of unplayable, but why bother figuring that out instead of just free XPing past it.

It's strange, once I stopped playing the VTU my stats started to go back up... weird eh?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I freely admit I completely free xp'd past the VTU.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Speaking of the VTU, why isn't that thing the premium tank and this T27 in the tech tree? :psyduck: I mean obviously they want to sell premium tanks* but they're not even trying to make them no better than the tech tree versions. It'd make sense for the autoloader to be in the tech tree and a less-lovely VTU be the premium.

*And holy gently caress, are we getting a new tier 8 premium tank every week now? Last week it was the TS-5, before that it was the Lansen, now this thing? Jesus christ Wargaming.... :stare:

rex rabidorum vires posted:

In taking about LTs though holy poo poo the base pen on most them is atrocious. The M41D has the best base pen (oh look more premium bullshit power creep) and a really good APCR premium round. The German Bulldog gets a solid 180 90mm base, a 250 HEAT, and a freaking 105mm pen HE shell. The gently caress. So I grabbed a HWK 12 and man does it suck rear end. I have the LTTB which is ok but doesn't do aiming down and because aiming is as arbitrary as it ever was just loves tossing poo poo everywhere and the US tree Bulldog which is a shadow of its former self. So freaking annoying.

Yup, when they reorganized the LTs they hosed up the existing ones, and also made the high tier ones less accurate with less pen and view range to discourage sniping and to force a specific equipment loadout (so much for player customization, huh?) With the existing LTs, they ended up nerfing them instead of just reassigning them to the tier for which they were already balanced (i.e. generally a tier higher than they already were.) The famed Wargaming "balance department," ladies and gentlemen! :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Speaking of the VTU, why isn't that thing the premium tank and this T27 in the tech tree? :psyduck: I mean obviously they want to sell premium tanks* but they're not even trying to make them no better than the tech tree versions.

nobody would buy the VTU, like not even accidentally