Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The lettuce has always been nice and crispy from Wendy's. What kind of garbage Wendy's do you go to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

idk all the fast food places around me spare the Culver's are trash.

All I ever get from Wendy's burgs are the Iceberg stalk pieces and three of them. It's like getting a drink of water with your undercooked burger.

Yeah, undercooking is criminally common among the Wendy's around me.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Wirth1000 posted:

The lettuce has always been nice and crispy from Wendy's. What kind of garbage Wendy's do you go to?

I loving love this thread

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I think we can all agree that BK is sugary garbage.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

when did BK stop trying to be the BK lounge?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

.....I guess Kobayashi and Kazuki Nakajima look the same to you, eh, old man?
Look they're both literally Japanese

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Burger King sucks, they don't even try

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It's Wednesday. Whopper Wednesday. Cheap rear end Whoppers.

Got my whopper on today and it had big piece of crunchy crispy lettuce. Maybe even TOO much lettuce but the point is the lettuce was prime. Also that was a few hours ago and I'm sipping green tea and feeling mildly nauseous but that's besides the point.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Burger King is legitimately the closest you can get to experiencing a heroin junkie make you dinner. I don’t know how they manage to capture that experience so accurately but they do.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

the kentucky quid posted:

Burger King is legitimately the closest you can get to experiencing a heroin junkie make you dinner. I don’t know how they manage to capture that experience so accurately but they do.

http://www.cpsa.ca/physician-prescribing-practices/methadone-program/methadone-clinics-alberta/

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Big Huski Boi posted:

I'm just sayin, you eat a spicy chicken and you're like "dang this is good lettuce" and no one else can achieve that

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

This.

Minto, Fuckin turn your Wendy’s and get one that has good rear end lettuce you shitheel bogan oval office fuckin learn to eat fast food ffs

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I still can't believe how advanced mid 2000 to 2008 F1 cars still look. The 2009 aero package just looks so incredibly dated but when you look at a 2008 car it could be technology from this year and that was 11 loving years ago.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Wirth1000 posted:

I still can't believe how advanced mid 2000 to 2008 F1 cars still look. The 2009 aero package just looks so incredibly dated but when you look at a 2008 car it could be technology from this year and that was 11 loving years ago.

It's all smooth and swoopy, like it was designed by artists and not by CAD algorithms.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

It's all smooth and swoopy, like it was designed by artists and not by CAD algorithms.

...uhh... you might want to look closer.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Wirth1000 posted:

...uhh... you might want to look closer.

cues Yakety Sax :toot:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPIiDfPIn3E

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

The F1 theme song is still cool and good. People who say it's bad are terrible human beings who should be forced to drive a 2019 Williams until the end of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52khlKOl1do

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Big Huski Boi posted:

I'm just sayin, you eat a spicy chicken and you're like "dang this is good lettuce" and no one else can achieve that

I've never thought about that, but I think a spicy chicken is about then only fast food where I don't pull the lettuce off

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Everytime I hear people talking about Wendy's burgers I have to remind myself that Wendys in Australia, and Wendy's in the US are completely different things.

I do love a Wendy's (Aus) Mega Choc Shake!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
There is only one fast food chain worth talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwUSZdFY_IM

Incidentally, Sean Galael is a top talent

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

That photo was years ago and Kamui has been tearing up WEC with Toyota for a bit now.

That photo is still a gift, and Kamui is still cool.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Do you guys remember that time Kobayashi overtook Alonso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXcrcYEUD8I

god valencia was a garbage circuit

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Sato overtaking Alonso was better

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Ericsson passed Alonso too as was recently discussed. Alonso seems like a very bad driver

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I think the 2006 Ferrari is one of the prettiest cars of that era, even with that slightly unusual looking front wing dimensions the regulations demanded:

They started going a bit bananas with the aero after that year, but I agree those cars looked very good. The '09 changes were an aesthetic disaster, and they didn't even achieve anything.

Here's some video of it from Bozzy with the usual great sound quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRK97VDni9k

Sulman fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 18, 2019

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Sulman posted:

The '09 changes were an aesthetic disaster, and they didn't even achieve anything.

that's because lord and saviour Our Ross was too busy winning the championship with 100% record and not fixing overtaking like he's doing now.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
They achieved Jenson Button World Drivers Champion, so they're ok with me

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NtotheTC posted:

that's because lord and saviour Our Ross was too busy winning the championship with 100% record and not fixing overtaking like he's doing now.

Our Ross is Cool And Good, and the 2009 cars are also Cool And Good when it comes to looks

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Except the Sauber, that one was hideous

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I like the 06-10 cars a lot. Those step-noses that followed were a loving disaster and probably the worst looking F1 cars of all time.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The 2010-2011 cars looked good, the stepped noses were a travesty. The 2007 and 2008 cars were space ships and way overboard on the aero.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm more of a fan of simpler aero personally, so I'm more fond of today's cars.

I would love a return to the early 90s cars but alas that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I want no aero restrictions, give me the wildest poo poo your computer model can spit out imo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the 2000-2004 cars were the best imo?

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Disregarding rule changes and balance between downforce and aero, are aerodynamics still developing? It's not even nearly "a solved problem"? I could imagine newly developed materials changing things?

edit: Yeah I figured it's regulations. There's probably article somewhere how much of regulation development is (in varying degrees) about ensuring safety, keeping the sport interesting, countering loopholes, and even maybe forcing car development?
v

Dessel fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 18, 2019

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dessel posted:

Disregarding rule changes and balance between downforce and aero, are aerodynamics still developing? It's not even nearly "a solved problem"? I could imagine newly developed materials changing things?

It’s mostly due to new regulations every few years.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The teams have a tendency to keep going down the same development paths until the rules prevent them from doing so, at which point they devise some wackadoo new solutions that achieve the same goals. It's fun.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I want no aero restrictions, give me the wildest poo poo your computer model can spit out imo

Hi Adrian newey

DoctorGonzo posted:

the 2000-2004 cars were the best imo?

Hi Ross brawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I want a dogshit slow car built on a broken windtunnel and I never want to fully understand what's going on I am a complete fraud