Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Is it supposed to be easy to snag Saio in this event? I pretty much hit the requirement to get him in like an hour. My deck isn't even that good so I don't know if they made it easier to make other things harder or what. I remember it was a bit tougher to get Marik and Bakura though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Just built budget Sams, and even with just one Shi En, the lockdown you can get with it is kind of mean.

I'm never playing anything else again. :kheldragar:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's always :nallears: when a game has to pass a hygiene rule, but at least it happened.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

when there's only one card in the set you want

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I feel you. Went down to single digits for 2 of my Hootcakes.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else running KC Cup? I've made it to DLv. 18 so far with my Madolches but without running the more expensive Synchro version of the deck (with better spells/traps) I'm struggling to push forward at this point.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm stuck at 19 with freeplay Six Sams. Only got one Shi En and one United so I gotta play a little janky and I just get whooped by the mirror. (Does make it easy to go into Stardust Dragon, though, which hilariously chumps most Yubel builds that can't get over it.)

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Meanwhile, Ancient Gears and Yubel decks loving swarm the higher levels and they're my worst matchups. It does not help that Yubel and Crowler have some of the most goddamn unpleasant character designs and voice acting. So loving sick of it.

I'm at 19 now too, but if I keep hitting these loving decks I'll be kicked down to 18.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The meta is terrible right now, since there's a tier 0 deck the only way to consistently win is to either use that deck or something built just to counter it. Run 3x Cipher Soldier.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I guess so, if you want to win against Six Samurai and only Six Samurai and lose to everything else :v:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

It's tier 0, so more than half of people are playing it, so you only *need* to be able to beat six sams to progress.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Framboise posted:

I guess so, if you want to win against Six Samurai and only Six Samurai and lose to everything else :v:
DNA Surgery exists.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I give up. I am so very sick of Yubel decks.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just hit 20 by brute forcing it.

Also, fun tech: If you go first you can use the second effect of Controller chained on the summon of their Disciple to deny them a turn of plays.

Edit: Play Yusei with Mark of the Dragon and you don't even need to hunt for a Stardust Dragon to use it to hose them. Only problem is that Junk Synchron is basically blank.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

What am I supposed to do with all these card tickets?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ThermoPhysical posted:

What am I supposed to do with all these card tickets?
Click the puzzle box in the top center where you get your gem/etc rewards, there's a little banner for card tickets. Then you exchange them for cards, usually just ones that are NPC drops, but not always. Rare and Normal you can probably just get whatever, but SR and UR you might wanna hold onto until/unless there's something you really want or need.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Well that took too long. I tried a bunch of different decks, but this one seemed to be the best at getting consistent wins, mostly due to having some sort of out for everything. Deskbot engine is small and potent, so there's lots of room for tech cards. 004 or Cipher Soldier counters Shi En + Dual Wield, and Lava Golem is a quick out to Shi En + Enishi. Bad Aim counters Ancient Gears and Yubel by making things miss timing. Ultimate Providence makes your in-hand 009s not dead. Considering swapping out the Canadias or Floodgates for E-Con.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hjalmar posted:

Well that took too long. I tried a bunch of different decks, but this one seemed to be the best at getting consistent wins, mostly due to having some sort of out for everything. Deskbot engine is small and potent, so there's lots of room for tech cards. 004 or Cipher Soldier counters Shi En + Dual Wield, and Lava Golem is a quick out to Shi En + Enishi. Bad Aim counters Ancient Gears and Yubel by making things miss timing. Ultimate Providence makes your in-hand 009s not dead. Considering swapping out the Canadias or Floodgates for E-Con.
Canadia isn't as good as it used to be, I feel like. The second effect is worse than useless against AGs, and you don't really need the tribute fodder. ECon is also great because you can use the first effect to stop a Lava Golem attack without muting the burn effect, and the second effect to yoink a monster that's in the way of having lethal on board.

...including Lava Golem. :unsmigghh:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
ECon is such a good card. It's won me so many games :unsmith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Duel Links Meta has officially called Six Sams Tier 0, and I have to agree. If it doesn't get absolutely demolished by the next banlist, I will be very, very surprised. My prediction is limiting Shi En and either limiting or outright banning Six Sam United. With a deck as consistent as Sams, it's basically just a Pot of Greed.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Dojo and either Enishi or Fuma to 1. They won't hit money cards unless they absolutely have no other choice.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EHFm6wfb6k

This budget Six Sam deck is so loving degenerate and it doesn't even run Six Sams United or Kizan. Or any traps. I've played about 8 PvP rounds in a row and I have yet to fail to get Shi En on turn 1.

Completely bonkers. I put thousands and thousands of gems into collecting my Madolches when I was able to build this with just what I had amassed from the current set just trying to collect a playset of all the Deskbots (still missing a 004).

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The new Neos deck looks pretty fun. Waiting to see how it matches up against the meta since fusion-spell-based decks probably aren't gonna do great against Shi En, but it certainly could do neat things in other match-ups.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hjalmar posted:

The new Neos deck looks pretty fun. Waiting to see how it matches up against the meta since fusion-spell-based decks probably aren't gonna do great against Shi En, but it certainly could do neat things in other match-ups.
It's half a good deck (ayyy, reliable source of a playset of Neos Alius), and half a contact fusion disaster. And why is Captain Gold even in there?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Framboise posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EHFm6wfb6k

This budget Six Sam deck is so loving degenerate and it doesn't even run Six Sams United or Kizan. Or any traps. I've played about 8 PvP rounds in a row and I have yet to fail to get Shi En on turn 1.

Completely bonkers. I put thousands and thousands of gems into collecting my Madolches when I was able to build this with just what I had amassed from the current set just trying to collect a playset of all the Deskbots (still missing a 004).

Lol it's literally the same deck as when six Sam's first came on the scene, they apparently learned literal zero in the uh...what is it now like 7 years?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This isn't about the card game itself but the Arc-V manga just ended. Overall, it was an excellent product, far better than the gigantic mess that was the anime version, with very good highs and pretty much no lows whatsoever. It was a very cheerful series too that didn't try to turn its main character into a pendulum of emotions (hah). I recommend it, which is more than I can say about the anime.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Looks like they're taking the "minor tweaks until we hit the sweet spot" approach with Six Samurai. Only card to go on the List is Shien's Dojo, limited to 2.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Looks like they're taking the "minor tweaks until we hit the sweet spot" approach with Six Samurai. Only card to go on the List is Shien's Dojo, limited to 2.
That didn't really work with Fur Hire, though, did it? That deck stayed dominant until the hammer came down hard enough to break it entirely.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Yeah this will only hurt six sams a little bit. I think their hope is weakening it just enough that another deck can compete & diversify the meta, not stop it completely. All the HERO support suggests that's where they're putting their eggs, but Darklords looks promising too.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm really close to just not playing ranked again until they make ranking up based on win percentage, or something better than 'win exactly when we want you to'. They have to know how unreasonable that is right now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

I'm really close to just not playing ranked again until they make ranking up based on win percentage, or something better than 'win exactly when we want you to'. They have to know how unreasonable that is right now.
The meta is in a really weird place. I've actually got Samurais, Gears, and Koaki Meiru all built right now, but I just don't have any motivation to open up the app. Basically every single game, regardless of the match-up, is decided by the coin-flip, unless you just brick. I actually enjoy fighting Weevil stall because at least then I get to actually play Yu-Gi-Oh.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It feels like it's only going to get worse in terms of just ignoring whole aspects of other decks, basically every top thing does that right now. Samurais with backrow, Ancient Gears with monster effects, Weevil deck with...playing more than one monster. I actually made it to Legend last month playing Sea Stealth Attack since that eats their whole strategy alive. :v:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

So I just got supremely dunked on by RNG. Someone who is good at math tell me the odds of this happening (23 card deck, turn 3 battle phase so opponent had drawn 1 card in addition to their opening hand).

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Hjalmar posted:

So I just got supremely dunked on by RNG. Someone who is good at math tell me the odds of this happening (23 card deck, turn 3 battle phase so opponent had drawn 1 card in addition to their opening hand).

I'm not good at math but I think I did this right:

So, 0.00122549%.

I think.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Framboise posted:

I'm not good at math but I think I did this right:

So, 0.00122549%.

I think.
0.12%. Roughly one in eight hundred and something.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Should also be pointed out that in most of Konami's Yugioh games, whatever algorithms they use to determine what the next card is/deck order in most of these games isn't truly random, and you'll see oddities such as the same card in a row more often than you should if that were the case.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Julias posted:

Should also be pointed out that in most of Konami's Yugioh games, whatever algorithms they use to determine what the next card is/deck order in most of these games isn't truly random, and you'll see oddities such as the same card in a row more often than you should if that were the case.

There's a reason for that, developers of games often find out that players don't actually like true randomness, as it can have certain odd results that can effect their fun in negative ways

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Well, just hit KoG using Neos/Steelswarm. Particularly, the build mentioned here. Saw a good mix of decks on the ladder, though oddly didn't have any mirror matches in the entire Legend tier. Seemed like most of the folks playing Neos moved on to BEWD or REBD?

Some thoughts:

Red-Eyes was the worst match-up generally because of the targeting protection that Slash Dragon does & how that fucks with a lot of my threat removal. I pretty much either had to deal with it before it got equipped or ram D.D. Assailant into it.

Old decks like Amazoness, Sea Stealth Attack and Fur Hires showed up high on the ladder. Fur Hires stomped me by banishing my graveyard, Sea Stealth made me force them into a deck-out because neither of us could really get through the other's defenses, and Amazoness... Ain't what it used to be. You can sense the overwhelming feeling of despair when you get rid of their Onslaught. They know it's over but can't believe it yet.

Ancient Gears felt like a free win every time just because of how often they'd brick.

Blue-Eyes is, y'know, it's good and all, but if you keep heat on them you can burn them of resources real fast. Unless they mill triple White Stone of Ancients, then you're hosed. Overall not as scary as past t1 decks, but it seems like the meta right now really is "who can dunk on Six Sams the hardest".

E: OH and I never saw a single Silent/Spellbook player, which, thank gently caress.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 25, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Still playing my AGs for this event, rapidly approaching DLv 25, just hit 21. Switched back to Pulse over ECon as a meta call of sorts, in higher ranks there are a lot more monsters I want to force to enter in Defense mode than there are ones I want to take control of. Plus with how many Double and Cosmic Cyclones I see, it's great fun to be able to still get my trap off, as well as popping it as soon as I see a Six Sam so my Wyvern doesn't get dunked on by a Shi En.

I am, of course, throwing all my free gems into getting the new stones for Blue Eyes; it's only a matter of time at this rate before we get Alt White and Maiden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Yeah, I hit DLv.MAX with Blue-Eyes. I really don't care much for the deck but it's worth maintaining for the future. Snipe Hunter is infuriating to use and I really wish there were better options for dealing with the meta than just, brute force and decent backrow removal. It feels really inelegant, y'know?

I would have preferred to be playing Subterrors but I'm still missing half the SR cards and the best skill for it.