Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well the only thing that ties Final Fantasy games to itself is picking which Final Fantasy is the best and simultaneously being right and wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Running through sastasha again has me considering buying a jump potion for BLM.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Well, they are discounted right now :v:

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

It's kind of like saying you hate Mario because you didn't like Mario Sunshine.

Mario sunshine is a masterpiece tho. FF13 is actual garbage trash

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

orcane posted:

Well, they are discounted right now :v:

Yeah, that's making it even more tempting!

Normally level skips in any game feel like a bit of a cop out to me, but I guess BLM gameplay changes quite a bit as you level anyway. I've currently got NIN and AST in the lower sixties, BRD and WAR in the mid fifties, and MCH and SCH/SUM in the forties. I was set on SMN being my ranged DPS caster of choice, but I think the pet mechanics might end up annoying me and I like the idea of just obliterating the world with nukes.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Fyi, as long as you run leveling roulette for its great rewards, you will not escape Sastasha.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Yeah, that's making it even more tempting!

Normally level skips in any game feel like a bit of a cop out to me, but I guess BLM gameplay changes quite a bit as you level anyway. I've currently got NIN and AST in the lower sixties, BRD and WAR in the mid fifties, and MCH and SCH/SUM in the forties. I was set on SMN being my ranged DPS caster of choice, but I think the pet mechanics might end up annoying me and I like the idea of just obliterating the world with nukes.

I would honestly recommend waiting a little before deciding on a class at this point. Jump Potions won't go away (and may be upgraded to 70 instead of 60 when SHB hits) but classes are going to likely change significantly in the expansion.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
What I want to know is why they only bothered making jump potions for combat jobs, when they could make truckloads of cash if they offered to raise all of a character's crafting classes to 50 for a modest fee. :v:

(It was to be comboed with the story skip, but still.)

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

you will never escape sastasha ever like in my 4 yrs of gameplay I've never gotten away from it on alt jobs.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I would pay a significant sum for crafter jumps to 60.

Its so much loving work, just to repair your own gear.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

They probably like having crafters stay invested. I also think the relative value of those potions would soon fall into the toilet because everyone who bought one to see the Namazu quests or whatever would then go well why don't I just make my own gear, or sell it on the MB? Crafted gear would soon become, not just cheap, but comically cheap; then they gotta rebalance around THAT.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Namazu quests are great, I say after slamming my way through them.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Nessus posted:

They probably like having crafters stay invested. I also think the relative value of those potions would soon fall into the toilet because everyone who bought one to see the Namazu quests or whatever would then go well why don't I just make my own gear, or sell it on the MB? Crafted gear would soon become, not just cheap, but comically cheap; then they gotta rebalance around THAT.

Balancing player power around money cost in MMO never goes well, unless its a restricted resource like tomestones/mgp.

I'd welcome cheaper crafted stuff.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crafting is sort of designed around being something not everyone does. I think they want to keep it that way but who knows. Maybe with the changes to crafting in 5.0 and the addition of endgame crafting content they'll change their mind

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dpulex posted:

Mario sunshine is a masterpiece tho. FF13 is actual garbage trash

That's a big ole yikes from me.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I am 100% cool with making crafting more accessible. Like, really sit down and determine if it makes sense to unlock cross-class skills at overall crafting levels instead of specific crafting classes. Smooth out progression so that it's easier to craft HQ goods before 50/60/70 (though it gets much easier in the mid-60s). That said, Gil is for teleports, housing, cosmetics, consumables, and crafted gear. Some of those won't matter to most players. It's alright for high end crafted gear to be a bit expensive for a while, especially with how accessible gear is thru Tomestones, normal raids, and 51+ leveling dungeons.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
PSA: Soken stealth uploaded all of the 4.4 and 4.5 songs that matter to the digital music sites like Amazon or iTunes.

I can finally just blast eScape down the highway with my windows down without wrecking my data plan

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Secret worst part of is when every class needs it's own armor set. And even when you get the eventual all classes set your glamour situation is a mess.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Eimi posted:

Secret worst part of is when every class needs it's own armor set. And even when you get the eventual all classes set your glamour situation is a mess.

Glamour plates my friend.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Eimi posted:

This is less of a problem now that you can link specific glamor plates to specific loadouts.

Still a problem, given limited glamor plates but yeah

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

MechaX posted:

PSA: Soken stealth uploaded all of the 4.4 and 4.5 songs that matter to the digital music sites like Amazon or iTunes.

I can finally just blast eScape down the highway with my windows down without wrecking my data plan

I'm new to apple's landscape, is this the right album if I want all the music available up to now? I can't tell, only date I see is July 2018

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

This is less of a problem now that you can link specific glamor plates to specific loadouts.

Still a problem, given limited glamor plates but yeah

Yeah only 10 glamour plates is the real issue. I can either do my combat classes or non combat at the moment.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Ciaphas posted:

I'm new to apple's landscape, is this the right album if I want all the music available up to now? I can't tell, only date I see is July 2018

The stormblood album is only 4.0-4.3 and I haven't been able to find what other dude is talking about yet.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Search "Stormblood EP" on the iTunes album search

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

That's a big ole yikes from me.

Put my :10bux: towards Super Mario Sunshine being the best Final Fantasy. :colbert: :toxx:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Eimi posted:

Yeah only 10 glamour plates is the real issue. I can either do my combat classes or non combat at the moment.

If I want my tanks to have all different looks it'll be pretty much impossible come ShB. Heck, I can't do it right now really, but that's because the glamour I want to use is also what I actually have equipped, so it can't be glamoured on any plate or it gets screwed up. Glamour plates need an option for 'display what you're actually wearing' as opposed to 'do nothing, and leave any glamour in place'

Also enough glamour plates for every combat class.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Eimi posted:

I'll welcome any additional glamour plates they can add, but, realistically, I'm never playing more than about 3-4 combat classes at a time. I just shuffle around my glamour plates whenever the fancy to play something different with a job-specific piece of glamour strikes me.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Vermain posted:

I'll welcome any additional glamour plates they can add, but, realistically, I'm never playing more than about 3-4 combat classes at a time. I just shuffle around my glamour plates whenever the fancy to play something different with a job-specific piece of glamour strikes me.

If I had enough plates to glamour every crafter and gather in their own set, I'd do it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Failboattootoot posted:

If I had enough plates to glamour every crafter and gather in their own set, I'd do it.

That would be the best. Basically more storage/customization.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
I'm prepared to be extremely disappointed when they fail to at least double the amount of slots in the glamour dumpster for SB2. But seriously I really need more slots. Even better would be a checklist of all the gear in the game rather than limited slots but presumably that would somehow cause consoles to explode.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I'm sticking with the old system because the glamour dresser feels really bad to use. I only use it to store stuff I want to have but know I'll never use.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Obligatory car picks not my car

Car good.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Another random cool thing - you talk with F'lhaminn during the 63 Alchemist quest, and you also meet this guy who you made a sword for in the Blacksmith job quests and he comments on it.

I really like how this game does that kind of stuff. It's also neat to learn more about a side characters from the main story (F'lhaminn) during this crafting quest line.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every single Ala Mhigan in the game has a dialogue change once you finish 4.0.

This is the kind of poo poo most players won't notice but that they constantly do.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i’ve been making pretty good progress on a dumb personal goal of mine so i make a stupid joke on twitter about it

https://twitter.com/kaubocks/status/1118724012643741696?s=21

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If I bought this game and expansions on Steam, is there any way of using my already existing CD keys to play it not through Steam?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

SirSamVimes posted:

If I bought this game and expansions on Steam, is there any way of using my already existing CD keys to play it not through Steam?

Nope, you are trapped with Steam forever.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SirSamVimes posted:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yes, but not for much longer. For the time being, you can bypass Steam entirely and just fire up the launcher directly from the install directory. Or, the next time you have to reinstall, you can just use the installer from the FFXIV website.

But that may go away some time between now and the end of the year, for some very stupid reasons.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 18, 2019

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

MechaX posted:

Apparently not on Spotify though, unless I am bad at finding things on Spotify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Are accounts bound to Steam or can I just rebuy the game?