Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

There are a few moments where stuff like this can happen, but I think I know which area you mean. First time playing I didn't even get to throw a Noisemaker, because the bastards saw me first and just opened fire immediately, so I had to scurry off and hide in an air vent. Then the Alien appeared, cleaned up in moments, and I stayed in the vent like a scared little baby while it stomped around jumping in and out of the ducts, until I was sure it wasn't coming back.

It came back as I made a run for the elevator. I'm not ashamed to admit I screamed "gently caress!" several times on seeing the Alien start rushing at me as the door took a small eternity closing :downs:

Speaking of intense poo poo-your-pants moments, I've had this for years and now seems like the appropriate time to share it:

Looks funny now but I was about to bite my own tongue off at the time.

Edit:
Found this one too. I like playing with fire :downs:

No game has made as scared as I was playing this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Isolation was good even if it overstayed its welcome by a whole lot. I am extremely biased tho I fuckin love spooky games. i WILL play any piece of poo poo indie horror game that gets tossed in front of me and i miss the ps1/ps2 days of extremely janky survival horror games being all over the place.

dino crisis 1 is the best.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

TV ONLINE posted:

the book was about a pretend future, some might even call it "fiction"

Oh don't loving start with that nonsense

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Scariest for me was first time when I was grabbed from above. Was running from two Working Joes and didn't know the Alien could attack from above too.
Was totally unexpected.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Vim Fuego posted:

Done!

What does the thread think Aliens taste like? Crab/lobster? Burned tires?

Roast alien needs to be served with a buttery cream sauce to help solubilize the acidity of their flavor

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Agrikk posted:

Roast alien needs to be served with a buttery cream sauce to help solubilize the acidity of their flavor

SALT FAT HEAT ACID BLOOD

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

happyhippy posted:

Scariest for me was first time when I was grabbed from above. Was running from two Working Joes and didn't know the Alien could attack from above too.
Was totally unexpected.
:same: Even after the first death, I still got hosed by these ambushes so many times while evading those Spooky Bald Bastards™ :smith:

Found another moment I managed to record:
https://i.imgur.com/pFUVp73.mp4
You'd immediately disregard this sort of thing as poor writing if it happened in any of the movies!

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

There are a few moments where stuff like this can happen, but I think I know which area you mean. First time playing I didn't even get to throw a Noisemaker, because the bastards saw me first and just opened fire immediately, so I had to scurry off and hide in an air vent. Then the Alien appeared, cleaned up in moments, and I stayed in the vent like a scared little baby while it stomped around jumping in and out of the ducts, until I was sure it wasn't coming back.

It came back as I made a run for the elevator. I'm not ashamed to admit I screamed "gently caress!" several times on seeing the Alien start rushing at me as the door took a small eternity closing :downs:

Speaking of intense poo poo-your-pants moments, I've had this for years and now seems like the appropriate time to share it:
https://i.imgur.com/ckzfBCR.mp4

Looks funny now but I was about to bite my own tongue off at the time.

Edit:
Found this one too. I like playing with fire :downs:
https://i.imgur.com/jOfrvP1.mp4

My heart is racing just watching those small clips.

This thread encouraged me to start isolation back up. I was on mission 8, not sure if I can do this.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Here's my fun Isolation moment:

https://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=8654079

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Welp, I had a heart attack

There's no way I could play this game

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Didn't realize you were playing Captain Dallas there, did you?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

WatermelonGun posted:

Isolation was good even if it overstayed its welcome by a whole lot. I am extremely biased tho I fuckin love spooky games. i WILL play any piece of poo poo indie horror game that gets tossed in front of me and i miss the ps1/ps2 days of extremely janky survival horror games being all over the place.

I'm sad Project Zero/Fatal Frame isn't around still. It would be great now that VR is on the rise again, or even as an AR game, walk around your house at night fighting ghosts with your smartphone. Likely to case some street accidents.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Riatsala posted:

Welp, I had a heart attack

There's no way I could play this game

I own it. I got it on sale. I don't think this is ever going to happen. I'd need a poo poo ton of benzos to play that poo poo.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Animated Aliens (like the whole movie)

https://imgur.com/gallery/3TZu9az

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blistex posted:

not a thing in that was animated.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Blistex posted:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It was in the comments:
https://i.imgur.com/3238SN8.mp4

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lol
I stand corrected

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos

Pro-click. Totally worth the visit to imgur.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's pretty awesome.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

TheMostFrench posted:

I'm sad Project Zero/Fatal Frame isn't around still. It would be great now that VR is on the rise again, or even as an AR game, walk around your house at night fighting ghosts with your smartphone. Likely to case some street accidents.

They still make those games but I’m pretty sure the series got really pervy

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Sorry, don't know how I f'ed up the link.
ZogrimAteMyHamster for the save!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blistex posted:

Sorry, don't know how I f'ed up the link.
ZogrimAteMyHamster for the save!

I loving love this site

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

WatermelonGun posted:

They still make those games but I’m pretty sure the series got really pervy

If there is one thing that the modding community of pretty much every game has taught me, it's that appealing to pervs is a sure-fire money-maker.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Even with a cats' limited lifespan compared to humans, Jonesy most likely out-lived Ripley.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Nah, come on, how long did it take for the Marines to get from gateway station to LV-426? Long enough to need hypersleep for the voyage, and then Ripley/Hicks/Newt/Bishop's torso drifted to Fiorina-161 after God knows how long. Jonesy was immediately put in a WY kill shelter and at best got adopted to a space waif for a decade of boring white plastic walled life, and at worst was processed into protein paste after weird rape monster PTSD made her claw a toddler's face off and get branded as unadoptable. Jonesy dead yo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Alien but it's mice and Jonesy is the Xenomorph

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
This idea will either have people heralding me as a genius or I might get burnt at the stake.

Alien3 special edition but they use CGI to fix the terrible lighting problems with the puppet.

The only time I can think of where I'd be fine with someone going back to an old film and loving around with digital effects.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is awesome In so many ways.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Drunken Baker posted:

This idea will either have people heralding me as a genius or I might get burnt at the stake.

Alien3 special edition but they use CGI to fix the terrible lighting problems with the puppet.

The only time I can think of where I'd be fine with someone going back to an old film and loving around with digital effects.

I don't see why this would be a bad thing, provided they don't go full George Lucas and add CGI everywhere for no good reason. A lot (all) of the puppet/digital effects in Alien 3 have not aged well and those moments stick out like a sore thumb, so this wouldn't be a bad idea. It's not like the current version would go away forever either.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's not like the current version would go away forever either.

Why bother, then

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

purple death ray posted:

Why bother, then

So we can watch it with digital effects that don't look poo poo compared to the practical effects? The original version would have to stick around for purists and all that crap.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Drunken Baker posted:

I’d be okay with them going back to ‘The Terminator’ and cleaning up the stop-motion bit of the endoskeleton limping down the hallway, so it looks less like something out of ‘Jason and the Argonauts’.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

I’d be okay with them going back to ‘The Terminator’ and cleaning up the stop-motion bit of the endoskeleton limping down the hallway, so it looks less like something out of ‘Jason and the Argonauts’.

Might be a hard sell, because Cameron worked on that sequence and it's supposedly a homage to Harryhausen and that film.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

hey let's go back and fix jason and the argonauts while we're at it.

maybe we can add a walk-and-talk scene where jason talks to the hydra and at one point steps on its tail

Basically this is what I was sarcasming around:

Iron Crowned posted:

I really don't understand the whole "must update the special effects" mantra. I'm cool with the Terminator looking like it was from a Harryhausen film, it was a 1984 science fiction film, that sequence really should look like that.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 18, 2019

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Young Freud posted:

Might be a hard sell, because Cameron worked on that sequence and it's supposedly a homage to Harryhausen and that film.

If it’s an intentional nod, then yeah that’s different.
But like the Alien3 stuff, it’s noticeably worse than the effects in the rest of the movie and it hasn’t aged well.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I really don't understand the whole "must update the special effects" mantra. I'm cool with the Terminator looking like it was from a Harryhausen film, it was a 1984 science fiction film, that sequence really should look like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Iron Crowned posted:

It's cheap to do, collectors will collect, more money made.