Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Bespoke: Funneling hot Tar Wars up my butthole with a space cone.

now THIS is pod racing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Air Bud: The Rise of Skybarker?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I hope Palpatine is reincarnated as a Porg Sith.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Do you think they ever found Toad in the American Graffiti universe. He was reported missing in action near An Lộc in December 1965.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

waah posted:

I hope Palpatine is reincarnated as a Porg Sith.

I hope they go into the death star ruins and find Palpie just living in his own filth, eating out of cans like a widower who has no idea to take care of himself. They walk into the remnants of his throne room, his back is to them, and one of them coughs to get his attention, he stumbles to his feet (obviously surprised) and promptly falls over a pile of empty wompa-meat tins.

It's also revealed that he has Wicket chained to a bed. . . for reasons.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I really am genuinely tired of all these star wars

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
That's OK, Star Wars Fatigue is a normal condition experienced by many, otherwise healthy men and women just like you. To counteract this embarrassing problem, expert recommend viewing the new star wars trailer 3 times daily.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

star war beta max posted:

That's OK, Star Wars Fatigue is a normal condition experienced by many, otherwise healthy men and women just like you. To counteract this embarrassing problem, expert recommend viewing the new star wars trailer 3 times daily.

but doctor i am the new star wars trailer

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

sebmojo posted:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

sebmojo posted:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

sebmojo posted:

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Moola posted:

Dark forces is way cooler than rouge wan

Cooler than this? I think not!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i like star wars mostly because of the sound and the imagery, when its doing its stuff right its like a sci fi samurai war movie with awesome music and perfect sound effects

I've never really cared much about if the plot made that much sense or if the characters had a lot of depth, to me they just seemed like cool classic style archetypes

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Caesar Saladin posted:

i like star wars mostly because of the sound and the imagery, when its doing its stuff right its like a sci fi samurai war movie with awesome music and perfect sound effects

I've never really cared much about if the plot made that much sense or if the characters had a lot of depth, to me they just seemed like cool classic style archetypes

Like what you like and gently caress goon's opinions. Disney is a soul sucking money void, there is no doubt. But when it does things, right just like it, when it's not what you're into just ignore it. Who cares.

I agree though I feel like star wars is at it's best when it's a sci fi samurai meets western gunslinger, with all the sound design and score.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

sebmojo posted:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

sebmojo posted:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

Yeah.
90% of the stuff I never catch when I watch the things, it's only when I read about it later that I realize "oh that didn't make sense" or if I think about it that I realize something was dumb to make a stupid post here about it or whatever, and I always forget that "No people actually do take that poo poo pretty loving serious" as they're seeing it happen and stuff.

If people started booing things in the theater or something I'd have to ask them to pause it to think about it, I think, unless Vader popped on screen wearing a nazi tutu in a ewok conga line or something equally jarring. I'm just dumb as poo poo when it comes to that. And most other things. Everything.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Caesar Saladin posted:

I am impressed by sounds and images, too, for like you I am a baby

it's fine to enjoy good spectacles the big fight in phantom menace is great even if the other 90% of that movie is terrible and mostly boring badly-produced bullshit

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I have a soft spot for how good the spaceships and zap zaps are in Star Trek: Into Darkness despite that movie being completely loving stupid.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

I am impressed by sounds and images, too, for like you I am a baby

it's fine to enjoy good spectacles the big fight in phantom menace is great even if the other 90% of that movie is terrible and mostly boring badly-produced bullshit

sound and image are the most important parts of all movies, its pretty much the definition of the medium, moving images and sounds played at the same time

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the scene where doctor Frankenstein reanimates the monster and shouts "IT'S ALIVE" except the doctor is mickey mouse, the corpse is Carrie Fisher, igor is jj Abrams and instead of a thunderbolt it's a shower of money

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Caesar Saladin posted:

sound and image are the most important parts of all movies, its pretty much the definition of the medium, moving images and sounds played at the same time

You simple fool. Todays teens care not for your images and sound, they want to know how the trade delegations are going, or if the strong powerful goddess-leader has the right shade of purple hair to prove she's the wokest commander ever.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I must see and hear jar jar's face getting farted on by a space camel

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

The images and sounds are good when they combine to create a sense of drama, which is something the original three were all very good at and the rest range anywhere from not very good to extremely loving bad. They don't need to delve deep into metaphysics and philosophy or have an insanely complicated plot or whatever the gently caress, they just need to make you care what the characters are doing

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

QuarkJets posted:

I gotchu fam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXaDtAtpLPs

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Caesar Saladin posted:

You’re thinking of talkies. All that’s required for movies is imagery.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You simple fool. Todays teens care not for your images and sound, they want to know how the trade delegations are going, or if the strong powerful goddess-leader has the right shade of purple hair to prove she's the wokest commander ever.

They need to make a new Star Wars video game that is nothing but political debates and trade disputes. It'll be like Wall Street Kid but with space mans.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

KillerJunglist posted:

They need to make a new Star Wars video game that is nothing but political debates and trade disputes. It'll be like Wall Street Kid but with space mans.

Jedi Kings

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

love it when the lightsabers ccome out and go "vwoom"

Harsh But True
Oct 13, 2016
I just wanna see if Chewbacca has a hairy human dick or a red rocket like a dog.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Harsh But True posted:

I just wanna see if Chewbacca has a hairy human dick or a red rocket like a dog.

Chewbacca is female but identifies as male and the other characters respect his pronouns

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Harsh But True posted:

Like any respectable man, Chewbacca has a cloaca.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Mozi posted:

Air Bud: The Rise of Skybarker?

There's no rule that says a dog CAN'T be Jedi..

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Moola posted:

There's no rule that says a dog CAN'T be Jedi..

Seeing the dog get promoted to full member of the Jedi council before he did is what finally drove Anakin over the edge.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
The problem with being driven over the edge is you no longer have the high ground

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Moola posted:

The problem with being driven over the edge is you no longer have the high ground

If only Darth Maul had the high ground, he would have whipped those Jedi good.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

QuarkJets posted:

its like I'm really there

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Universe Master posted:

If only Darth Maul had the high ground, he would have whipped those Jedi good.

It's over Maul, I have the low ground!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Applewhite posted:

Seeing the dog get promoted to full member of the Jedi council before he did is what finally drove Anakin over the edge.

The little dog walks in, wearing a little jedi robe and a tiny light saber. The council smiles and claps.

Mace Windu: "Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaa! All right, yeah!"