Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Gripweed posted:

I think the real problem they're gonna face in the primaries from adopting Sanders' platform is that it means they can't attack him on anything substantial

Trying to go idpol on Bernie lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

selec posted:

The left wing of the party are running the table.

After 2016, I think that the conventional wisdom among more centrist Libs considering a run was that you should adopt Sanders’ platform and that would neuter him in ‘20. But the same dumbshit cargo cult politics that make them think if they run to the center they’ll pick up GOP moderate voters blinkered them here. They don’t get that if people are getting the real deal from either the Bernie wing or the GOP, they’re not going to go for some watered down substitute.

Their other problem is that since they adopted Sanders’ platform (yes, a hollow imitation that only rhymes, but still) they are seen as having already submitted to the progressive wing, which isn’t a recipe for not having to submit more. So now we get to force the candidates to make pledges around fundraising that they will have to break, and in fact are already. And we get to force Think Progress to apologize for their attempted ratfucking. And now Harris has to apologize for this policy.

They thought that you just bend the knee once and that you are done. They don’t understand that they will keep having to bend it now or suffer the backlash.

This is why we need to get imperialism on the table before the debates, before the Overton window ossifies into place.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

establishment dems are so incompetent, their efforts in beating back the left flank is just dividing the party more than the left supposedly did

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
you hate to see it

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

get that OUT of my face posted:

establishment dems are so incompetent, their efforts in beating back the left flank is just dividing the party more than the left supposedly did

https://twitter.com/JoeBrunoWSOC9/status/1118595031496110081

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Gripweed posted:

I think the real problem they're gonna face in the primaries from adopting Sanders' platform is that it means they can't attack him on anything substantial

Get ready for a lot of antisemitism

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Gripweed posted:

A political contest centred on superficial attacks, you say? In the United States?? Surely not!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

The deeply held conviction of dumbasses that it's possible to do politics without acknowledging that utterly incompatible goals exist between 1%er death cultists and normal people will be the very end of me.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

SlimGoodbody posted:

The deeply held conviction of dumbasses that it's possible to do politics without acknowledging that utterly incompatible goals exist between 1%er death cultists and normal people will be the very end of me.

This guy is running for the district that has to redo their election because the GOP candidate got busted for voter fraud btw.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

For the first time in a generation we have an actual leftist movement in politics. People aren't going to let that poo poo go now that Bernie actually addresses common people's economic interest. The succdems have basically already lost, I just hope they concede that fact before the gigadeaths start piling up.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

T-man posted:

For the first time in a generation we have an actual leftist movement in politics. People aren't going to let that poo poo go now that Bernie actually addresses common people's economic interest. The succdems have basically already lost, I just hope they concede that fact before the gigadeaths start piling up.

Wait is succdem not supposed to be a derogatory term for social democrats like uh Bernie?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bryter posted:

Wait is succdem not supposed to be a derogatory term for social democrats like uh Bernie?

Succ dems are centrists

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Phone posted:

Trying to go idpol on Bernie lol

This is literally the only reason the Democrat establishment has backed Harris at all, yes.

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

Solo Matt episodes :swoon:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bryter posted:

:bernchloe:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Bryter posted:

it's a derogatory term for Dems that suck

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/adprock/status/1118874868869627905

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

My personal definition of succdem is everyone in the race except Gravel, Sanders, and Warren on a good day. It's a good way to bitch about liberals without making people assume you've been redpilled.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

simmyb posted:

Hell yeah, Matt loves the '90s conspiracy theories. :swoon:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It really was the Golden Age of conspiracy theory; even my high school library had a shelf of books on conspiracies and the paranormal.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

It really was the Golden Age of conspiracy theory; even my high school library had a shelf of books on conspiracies and the paranormal.

I was reading "non fiction" books about aliens and cryptids at my elementary school library too

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Breadallelogram posted:

I was reading "non fiction" books about aliens and cryptids at my elementary school library too

I read the same 3 or 4 at my public library over and over. Made my little brain think I was seeing UFOs everywhere.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I've never really thought about how all quickly all that alien poo poo disappeared overnight after 9/11 until Matt pointed it out.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I'm a little disappointed the episode didn't end with Ministry's "N.W.O.", but it was good stuff overall. :thumbsup:

I haven't read through the Illuminatus trilogy in a long time. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oh yeah i devoured that poo poo when i was a kid. to the point i was scared i'd be abducted by aliens it was the scariest possible thing to me.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Nothus posted:

I've never really thought about how all quickly all that alien poo poo disappeared overnight after 9/11 until Matt pointed it out.
You notice how Blade and The Matrix were about a monolithic conspiracy, hidden just under the surface of everyday life, of human-seeming monsters conspiring to suck the life out of you? And how the sequels, released post 9/11, have convoluted plots with multiple factions loving each other over for unclear reasons?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Groovelord Neato posted:

oh yeah i devoured that poo poo when i was a kid. to the point i was scared i'd be abducted by aliens it was the scariest possible thing to me.

When I was a kid (early/mid '80s, I think), I would go to the library (technically, the "Athenaeum") and read about the Air Force's Project Blue Book, and it scared the living poo poo out of me. Still kinda gives me the willies.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

prefect posted:

(technically, the "Athenaeum")

I knew Will had an account here.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

I know people don't think of Will as the funny one but he's absolutely got the sickest burns. I still laugh when I think about "rat faced baby killer and Trump PR homunculus".

Virgil's description of Ted Cruz as "the thumbnail image for a click-bait article entitled "a housewife found what in her toilet?" is an all-timer, as well.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

simmyb posted:

Nothus posted:

Yeah I enjoyed his analysis a lot.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Yeah, I’m not normally a big fan of the Inebriated Past episodes but this one was really good, comprehensive and well-plotted out.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
They're all super good imo. The one about the origins of fascism loving owns.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Got tickets to Chapo at Cornell, pretty pumped. If they rank the alums, it's a goldmine.

Maher, Olbermann, RBG, Ann Coulter, Paul Wolfowitz, David Foster Wallace, the list is incredible

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Human Tornada posted:

I know people don't think of Will as the funny one but he's absolutely got the sickest burns. I still laugh when I think about "rat faced baby killer and Trump PR homunculus".

Virgil's description of Ted Cruz as "the thumbnail image for a click-bait article entitled "a housewife found what in her toilet?" is an all-timer, as well.

They're all great in different ways. They're all pieces of the puzzle, the show would be lesser without them.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

TheBigAristotle posted:

Got tickets to Chapo at Cornell, pretty pumped. If they rank the alums, it's a goldmine.

Maher, Olbermann, RBG, Ann Coulter, Paul Wolfowitz, David Foster Wallace, the list is incredible

Pynchon also.

Serf
May 5, 2011

new trillbilly worker's party interviews kate wagner, who runs the mcmansion hell blog. they touch on degrowth as a concept

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Cloks posted:

Pynchon also.

is Pynchon bad? man...

if he is I don't want to know.

edit: https://web.archive.org/web/20060219074830/http://www.themodernword.com/pynchon/pynchon_essays_watts.html

nah he's cool

Martian Manfucker fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 19, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Human Tornada posted:

probably my fave virgil line didn't get any laughs. i wanna say it;s the villages ep and matt talks about it being like salo with trump making GBS threads on the chuds but they're looooovin it and virgil goes "oooh and i'm starring in it".

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

What is will the defendant in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Ron Jeremy posted:

What is will the defendant in?

Trump toady Jason Miller tried to sue Will for hundreds of millions for calling him a rat-faced baby killer on twitter

It was dismissed