Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have never thought anything of random thin strand of hair in my food nor do I think much about anything when going to a restaurant other than not making trouble for the employees and giving decent tips

Oh and eating my food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Andrast posted:

Wearing a hairnet isn't like a 100% protection against hair

I work in a loving cleanroom and we still get all sorts of particles and fibers (including hair) every day.

Oh I know, just saying that's probably the most common thing I've heard people say is the problem with it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

No podcast this week. Woolie's under the weather.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I know it might seem that way next to Pat, but even Woolie isn't tall enough to be over the weather.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

he has to get up there to knockout god

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I wonder how many dudes angry that Woolie and Pat mocked the "spoilers dont matter" crowd are gonna be weaponizing the Avengers Endgame leaks

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I wonder how many dudes angry that Woolie and Pat mocked the "spoilers dont matter" crowd are gonna be weaponizing the Avengers Endgame leaks
There are leaks? Link?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

how dare this little fucker be so cute

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/Fuggins4u/status/1118572643521912833

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

SCOTT STEINER!? :vince:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 17, 2019

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

When was the last time the podcast had a sponsor? I don’t remember the last few having any.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Warbird posted:

When was the last time the podcast had a sponsor? I don’t remember the last few having any.

Yeah but before that they kept having a problem of all the promo codes being for SBFP. Might have taken a couple to get that all sorted.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I feel personally attacked.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

quote:

Gaming Comedy Podcast Now Three to Five Solid Hours of Incomprehensible Inside Jokes

There, fixed that headline

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know how to sort through all the chaff, does anyone have a good video of someone showing off all of Dante's poses when he swaps styles in DMC 5?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

STOUT GINGER CORPSES SUPER HARD

122k views on Twitch. :vince:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Aww man Woolie the Cult Leader got way too real for man. He's really good at that.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Really enjoyed Pat talking about his war against The Goblins. He's kind of always been good about acknowledging that he's got some real issues, and he plays it for laughs a lot, but its really heartening to hear him really lay out how it's a thing that he's working through. It's a feel-good story.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I was excited to see what his brain goblins were this time and then was like "I do it too and dont see the problem"

I save scum until a perfect run constantly and it rules

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Man, these Mortal Kombat videos Matt has been putting out over the past week are interminably boring. I know there's not much to work with when the source material consists of the lovely minigames and adventure modes from the PS2 era MK games (I tried to LP Deception's Konquest mode years ago, but scrapped it after completing work on the first video because the mode was just too boring to do anything with), but still.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was excited to see what his brain goblins were this time and then was like "I do it too and dont see the problem"

I save scum until a perfect run constantly and it rules

Pat kinda touches on it when he brings up Mark Brown / Game Maker's Toolkit stuff about granular failure: It's not really just a Pat Brain Goblins thing, a lot of people who play games run into the problem of optimizing the fun out because of how games are designed.

I definitely had this issue with Deus Ex Human Revolution. I remember save scumming to make sure I didn't break stealth, and it took me forever to beat the first mission.

Pat talking about having to get to the one corner of the map with items in Dishonored (only for it to have a bunch of mana potions for people who weren't playing stealthy) is pretty much just the thing a lot of us do where we need to check every path that's not the critical path and make sure we miss nothing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Pat kinda touches on it when he brings up Mark Brown / Game Maker's Toolkit stuff about granular failure: It's not really just a Pat Brain Goblins thing, a lot of people who play games run into the problem of optimizing the fun out because of how games are designed.

I definitely had this issue with Deus Ex Human Revolution. I remember save scumming to make sure I didn't break stealth, and it took me forever to beat the first mission.

Pat talking about having to get to the one corner of the map with items in Dishonored (only for it to have a bunch of mana potions for people who weren't playing stealthy) is pretty much just the thing a lot of us do where we need to check every path that's not the critical path and make sure we miss nothing.

I may be weird but it's actually more fun for me to scum sometimes.

Like I remembered enjoying Alpha Protocol a lot more when I tried to ghost every level and it became less fun when I realized there was no advantage to being stealthy and just shot everyone.

Like, I see each encounter as a puzzle to be solved and I like banging against it until I get it right

Edit: my issue with both Deus Ex and Dishonored is, like Pat pointed out, not the save scumming to be "perfect" but that game sets it as a goal and then taunts you with options to break it. Like, you cannot go non lethal and also save the pilot in Human Revolution, or you cant do a perfect stealth run and save the prisoners in Dishonored 2.

I hate it when the game puts a gameplay goal and a moral goal on opposite ends.

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 24, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have similar mind goblins playing Paradox games like CK2. I feel inclined to change everyone's coat of arms and flags into something more aesthetically pleasing, and to code in more pregnancies amongst small families at game start, so theres more dynasts. And then I rarely venture past 5 years into a campaign, after having achieved my first steps to domination. I don't get why I do the latter.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Woolie has somehow conned RoosterTeeth into buying them out!
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1121086536206954496

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Super happy for the guys

also super happy that this means that they are officially colleagues with Troy Baker and Nolan North

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait does this mean Woolie and Pat can guest star on Lets Plays, Funhaus, Off Topic and vice versa? :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

If this means they are contractually obligated to be part of the next UNO movie, then all will be good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
lol, the Rooster Teeth joke paid off after all.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dias posted:

lol, the Rooster Teeth joke paid off after all.

Anybody know what episode that was? I really wanna hear that bit again under the new context.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat infecting his mind goblin poo poo on the Gus will be incredible

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm vaguely aware of them but what does Rooster Teeth actually do and what does a partnership mean?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Andrast posted:

I've heard the name but what does Rooster Teeth actually do and what does a partnership mean?

Rooster Teeth started with Red vs. Blue and grew until a literal multi-million dollar media empire with cons and poo poo.

Its like a more selective Machinima

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

They made the funny Halo videos a billion years ago and I think they have something to do with RWBY.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They are literally Let's Play on the youtubes

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I can't believe I first heard of Rooster Teeth with Strangerhood back in 2007.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I can't believe I first of Rooster Teeth with Strangerhood back in :gbs2007:

that was the short lived Sims one right?

Man, Rooster Teeth is so old I remember you had to manually download each episode of the first season of Red vs. Blue to .wmv

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Andrast posted:

I'm vaguely aware of them but what does Rooster Teeth actually do and what does a partnership mean?

It means that Billy will have to play the role of Gavin during rehearsals.

Though tbh I don't really know what it means. The boys probably get more money, RT links to their stuff and get revenue somehow? More crossovers?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It means that Billy will have to play the role of Gavin during rehearsals.

Though tbh I don't really know what it means. The boys probably get more money, RT links to their stuff and get revenue somehow? More crossovers?

They also get access to really good ads/revenue for their videos vs. adsense

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

They are literally Let's Play on the youtubes

that would never work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hopefully there won't be too much Exclusive Rooster Teeth Network Content and they can continue doing what they do as is