Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

I'm watching it too -- makes for great entertainment. He also tweaks stuff mid-stream and sets up some artificial limitations to himself... he got these rocket launchers and decided in his mind that they should take two gear slots in the load-out so he doesn't equip anything else on the soldiers carrying them.

I've also noticed that reloading ends the soldiers turn; which makes Lost missions much more dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Want to start an rpgo run but afraid I'm just gonna min max and end up with a bunch of samey dudes rather than actually role playing.

RPGO doesn't have the feature which would make it killer for me: the MINT-style of providing four randomly selected skilltrees rather than everyone having access to everything.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Affi posted:

Will beagle eventually release the modlist? Anyone know?

IIRC, when he started out he said he probably would but was going to wait to see if the setup was actually any fun/he’d stabilized it somewhat since this is still something of an experiment and he’s screwing with it constantly. But I think that’ll happen because beagle and pretty much everyone else seems to be enjoying it.

I’m hoping something along these lines is eventually released as a package or at least a set of “install these mods and change these configs” because an XCOM 2 where more than a minority of fights last longer than XCOM’s turn and where an enemy getting to do a thing isn’t automatically terrifying sounds really fun, I just don’t want his exact masochistic level of difficulty on top of it (his lost swarms literally plop down a solid 6x6 box of lost which is kinda funny but then take 20 minutes to kill).

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 16, 2019

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Captain Foo posted:

RPGO doesn't have the feature which would make it killer for me: the MINT-style of providing four randomly selected skilltrees rather than everyone having access to everything.

Seriously I miss Training Roulette so goddamn much.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nordick posted:

Seriously I miss Training Roulette so goddamn much.

:emptyquote:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Also I just had a pretty cut-and-dry situation go completely pear-shaped, because a goddamn civilian opened a door, giving the enemy I was maneuvering to ambush line of sight to my guys, when half my squad had done their turn already. Lost one of my best Majors and a promising Lt to that clusterfuck. :xcom:

loving collaborators man I swear to god

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Nordick posted:

Also I just had a pretty cut-and-dry situation go completely pear-shaped, because a goddamn civilian opened a door, giving the enemy I was maneuvering to ambush line of sight to my guys, when half my squad had done their turn already. Lost one of my best Majors and a promising Lt to that clusterfuck. :xcom:

loving collaborators man I swear to god

It makes me incredibly happy that there's no penalty for killing ADVENT civilians. On at least one mission when I was a little bored and had a spare rocket, I put one directly into a crowd just for kicks.

I may be a terrible person, but I was an entertained terrible person.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Traitor collaborators deserve no sympathy.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2VVM8xbuKw

And then you get a "faceless hide in every mission" event and get a plausible deniability-justified reason to blow up random people :mrwhite:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Digirat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2VVM8xbuKw

And then you get a "faceless hide in every mission" event and get a plausible deniability-justified reason to blow up random people :mrwhite:

That is exactly what happened to me, with the exception that I knew precisely where the enemy pod was and was gonna nuke them with a claymore + shredder cannon through walls combo.

Also, quoting myself from 2016:

Nordick posted:

Aww look, ADVENT is trying to use civilians as meatshields.

How adorable.

:unsmigghh: War is hell.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Want to start an rpgo run but afraid I'm just gonna min max and end up with a bunch of samey dudes rather than actually role playing.

make your favorite videogame/movie/whatever characters and try to pick stats that match their usual abilities. sometimes they'll be great. sometimes maybe not.

alternatively, roll some dice! or just pick a couple weapons/trees per unit and see if you can stick to those. this is what you will probably do anyway, since skills of the same tree tend to synergize better.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Killing civvies nukes the killer's Will.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Bogart posted:

Killing civvies nukes the killer's Will.

Is this true?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With mods anything is possible.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

kidkissinger posted:

Is this true?

Chuck a nade at the civilians on Gatecrasher. See for yourself.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Hardly a deterrent, tbh.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Latest beagle was a loving doozy.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
New beta build for Xenonauts 2 came out, including some non-placeholder research reports, and I can confirm that the the head scientist is still a glorious snarky shitlord. :allears:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Please do not send me any more cryssalids THANK YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Bogart posted:

Please do not send me any more cryssalids THANK YOU

Did you recently take a trip to Newfoundland? :allears:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Beagle campaign is a blast. He's got these mods tuned in to the point where it seems just barely not impossible. Barely.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

PostNouveau posted:

The Beagle campaign is a blast. He's got these mods tuned in to the point where it seems just barely not impossible. Barely.

After he strolled through the blacksite without any issue I thought he had maybe pushed the game too much into his advantage.

Little did I know. Little. Did. I. Know.

Owen Wilson is a goddamn hero

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Dang. I've either gotten some kind of a bug, or I am completely failing at this - I can't seem to add any weapon mods to my guys, even after researching hybrid materials.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Have you done modular weapons? That's the one that unlocks them

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah I have. I have also modded my game, I wonder if that's managed to remove it. How do you upgrade guns again?!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Samovar posted:

Yeah I have. I have also modded my game, I wonder if that's managed to remove it. How do you upgrade guns again?!

You're going to have to be a lot more specific about your mods

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

You're going to have to be a lot more specific about your mods

No, no. I'm just an idiot, n/m.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Anyone have experience with the Wotc Jedi Class Beta on the workshop? it feels deeply under powered compared to things like the biotic or even core game ranger. No ranged attacks, having to blue move next to an alien to attack, expensive, indulgent lightsaber build system, powers that are expensive to use on a limited resource with its Force Pool.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Being wildly impractical and easily gunned down by superior forces is like the Jedi MO.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

winterwerefox posted:

Anyone have experience with the Wotc Jedi Class Beta on the workshop? it feels deeply under powered compared to things like the biotic or even core game ranger. No ranged attacks, having to blue move next to an alien to attack, expensive, indulgent lightsaber build system, powers that are expensive to use on a limited resource with its Force Pool.

I'm currently playing a campaign where I picked this up. My biggest criticism is that it includes something like fifty additional items in the engineering item build menu as sabre mods, next to the medpacks and whatnot. It's totally unwieldy and clearly designed by someone who had an exhaustive knowledge of starwars. The actual class is ok but not great. Melee only (one crap ranged attack that does 1/3 damage), attacks shred armor, there's some mobility upgrades and a heal. The big mobility upgrade is once-per-mapThough attacking isn't limited to blue moves.

One other big gripe on the class is I haven't figured out why sometimes only one melee hit lands, and then only half damage, other times it's both full damage. So your dps is like 3-12 when everyone else is 9-12.

I wouldn't recommend. Ranger is better.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I think I am going to download the Lightsaber mod, and Warrior of Light for my melee wizard with a laser sword needs over the Jedi. A good point of balance in a class is "Does it compare well to a core class", and compared to Rangers, Templar, Psions in the Melee to Wizard spectrum, it falls flat with tons of limited use powers. im better bringing anything else over the Jedi.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I haven't used it myself, but I am actually stunned by the fact that someone made a Jedi class only to make it underpowered

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Just use Akimbo and get all the melee upgrades, or Samurai if you wanna go all in.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bogart posted:

Just use Akimbo and get all the melee upgrades, or Samurai if you wanna go all in.

samurai: 11 missions, 52 kills (lost disabled but more/bigger pods)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

also akimbo is really fun

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Akimbo is so good and cool, I would like to think the Xcom team would wanna hire the guy who made it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bogart posted:

Akimbo is so good and cool, I would like to think the Xcom team would wanna hire the guy who made it.

That's iridar, right? He's done some awesome stuff

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
loving ATs

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Captain Foo posted:

I haven't used it myself, but I am actually stunned by the fact that someone made a Jedi class only to make it underpowered

Its weird because Musashi normally leans to making stuff way too good (same dude behind Samurai, Spec-Ops class and RPGO).

It also hasn't been updated since October and was clearly a pretty rough first pass (Bladestorm doesn't work with Lightsabers, powers hilariously overcosted with super limited force points, etc) so its pretty up in the air if it'll ever actually be finished or fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Jedi are intended to also equip a holocron as a secondary to boost stats, and the lightsaber parts effect damage and shred and all that. So maybe try that?

I haven't dug too much into them myself either yet, SOON.