Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think this is the any% speedrun strat now, I saw Distortion2 do it a bunch the other night. Someone also found a really hard skip on Ape that requires a prosthetic and some insane oob jumps but I don't know if anyone has incorporated it into an actual run now. It'll be sick if eventually you can beat the game without having to fight any of the bosses for real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fadam posted:

I think this is the any% speedrun strat now, I saw Distortion2 do it a bunch the other night. Someone also found a really hard skip on Ape that requires a prosthetic and some insane oob jumps but I don't know if anyone has incorporated it into an actual run now. It'll be sick if eventually you can beat the game without having to fight any of the bosses for real.

these pure skill no glitch runs have been really fun to watch and im glad by the time it gets to gdq itll be a guy running through a black void for 20 minutes to the final cutscene trigger

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
sekiro. don't have the platinum yet but the only trophy i'm missing is all skills and i have 27 levels (!) to grind out...i'll get it eventually but i don't really feel like sitting down and doing it for 2-3 hours. i'll get it eventually, though, 10/10 game

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

extremebuff posted:

these pure skill no glitch runs have been really fun to watch and im glad by the time it gets to gdq itll be a guy running through a black void for 20 minutes to the final cutscene trigger

I hope they do an all bosses run too

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
finally found the guts to put on bell demon for second NG playthrough and it's tight. fights that were easy as hell on ng+2 like butterfly are pushing my posture the the max in one or two combos, punishing mashing at all.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Mt6YRSlHQ

distortion2 gets the ape skip in this run, my favorite is the ghost monk kill though

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Am I doing something wrong with the loaded spear? I even tried waiting for a visceral prompt and it still didn’t strip any of his armor off

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Never mind I just killed him by accident holy poo poo that surprised me

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lol love that guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never want to know his lore

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Am I doing something wrong with the loaded spear? I even tried waiting for a visceral prompt and it still didn’t strip any of his armor off

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Never mind I just killed him by accident holy poo poo that surprised me

lol the canonical experience

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't understand whether I'm good at this game or not. I kicked my dad's rear end on the third attempt and now I can't get past the corrupted monk rematch

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't understand whether I'm good at this game or not. I kicked my dad's rear end on the third attempt and now I can't get past the corrupted monk rematch

As soon as you do the first deathblow, get to the highest branch asap and you can do an aerial deathbow for the second phase.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Over There posted:

As soon as you do the first deathblow, get to the highest branch asap and you can do an aerial deathbow for the second phase.

I beat her but I had to take bell demon off. I am shameful, a ronin.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
i finally beat genichiro first try after leaving the fight for a few days and it felt good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i finally beat the game.....except, i will continue playing until i have beaten the game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

is the headless through the underwater passage after serpent shrine inexplicably hard or have I just hit a mental block? I've killed all the others fairly easily and it's wrecking me

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what am I missing with the owl, perfectly deflecting still stacks my posture. Trying to sprint doesn't really work. I just wait for him to jump and then hit then.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you have demon bell on I think mistimed parries add to your posture damage. Otherwise I'm not sure how to help

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

frank.club posted:

what am I missing with the owl, perfectly deflecting still stacks my posture. Trying to sprint doesn't really work. I just wait for him to jump and then hit then.

It's pretty much that. You just have to wait to strike till he jumps and throws lloyd's talisman. Then once his health is about halfway his posture will start to stack.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the first try at the fight after I complained I won lol. I basically just took every chance to hit him- namely not worrying about getting hit with the loyd's did the trick

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

frank.club posted:

the first try at the fight after I complained I won lol. I basically just took every chance to hit him- namely not worrying about getting hit with the loyd's did the trick

ya dodging the lloyds is a bad move imo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol the pocket sand being able to stun the monk is ftw

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Think I got to the final boss, got killed

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

DSP beat the final boss in 15 minutes. What’s your excuse?

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
guardian ape

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

spb posted:

DSP beat the final boss in 15 minutes. What’s your excuse?

wtf

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i beat the seven ashina spears guy my first attempt and felt like a boss

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Well he used a guide and also the chat was telling him everything he was supposed to do

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I powercucked my dad again and now I'm having coconuts thrown at me. I don't want the game to be nearly over

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
is there a game that gives more powewrful gamer feels than sekiro? Not for me, the noobass who didn't play any souls games.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Robo Turnus posted:

is there a game that gives more powewrful gamer feels than sekiro? Not for me, the noobass who didn't play any souls games.

I'd suggest "besting me in a game of Chess" but I'm afraid that's very, very unlikely.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Robo Turnus posted:

only , imo, metroid prime

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I had no idea the headless pull your soul out of your rear end if they grab you from behind

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Robo Turnus posted:

you should play them

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Checking all the corners of the game for prayer beads before heading back to the boss field

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
man, the difference between first and second playthroughs is just insane. i died maybe three times on my entire ng+ run, the monk actually gave me the most trouble

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Robo Turnus posted:

Peggle all clear master challenges

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Robo Turnus posted:

Bloodborne imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Robo Turnus posted:

bayonetta when you get pure platinum ranks