Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Gunder posted:

I think this is really true. The new chaos stuff looks equally terrifying to paint. The Primaris* are pretty easy though.

*Does not apply to Inceptors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just to be sure, you like in the UK or Australia, right?

Australia. I got week 2 and 3 from the newsagent. Only 1 more week :(

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'd love to pick up some random issues of Conquest but they still aren't sold in :sweden: yet.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

I'd love to pick up some random issues of Conquest but they still aren't sold in :sweden: yet.

Does anyone have insight as to why Conquest is so geographically restricted? Limits on scalability with respect to the give aways?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Maneck posted:

Does anyone have insight as to why Conquest is so geographically restricted? Limits on scalability with respect to the give aways?

Shipping probably, a weekly magazine with that much plastic attached probably isn’t cheap when it comes to international shipping, especially with the UK’s uncertain future. They probably opened a distro hub and warehouse in Australia and are sending the issues from there.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Maneck posted:

I believe at one of the cons, during a Q&A, they mentioned that they couldn't find a distributor that would make Conquest cost effective in most countries. It's a shame, cause I'd be all over it.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
On holidays in Sweden, I brought my army and went down to the local club. They play ITC here, which I've never tried before.

I brought a Guilliman parking lot. He brought 8 Valkyries with catachans + 3 Shield captains on bikes. Progressive scoring throughout the game really changes how the game plays, and I think I like it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Chainclaw posted:

I'm not where I want to be yet on edge highlighting, but I feel like I'm generally getting better each model, which is what's important.

This guy is all done except the weapons.

FWIW I really like high contrast edge work. It looks less great when looking at models super zoomed in, but I think they look a lot better on the table.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

My local GW store is doing a PL escalation league for vigilus. Starts at 20pl. While I am realistically going to bring something fun like a Grav Captain, Victrix Guard and a 10 man Intercessor squad, I'm really wondering if it would be funny to bring just Guilliman.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Ebay's got $5 off coupon until April 25th. Can't tell if there's any minimum, so probably a nice time to grab that one bit you need

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Decided to paint my second Techpriest Dominus with a red hat to pay honor to Mars (and present some color unity when they team up with my Blood Angels) without considering the color I've been using for their robes.

So here's Techpriest Papa Smurf

Yep, I'm just going to roll with it.

Edit- He's not done yet

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
I have never actually played a game of 40K, I just like collecting and painting cool looking plastic spacemen. Recently, I have gotten a lot of the Chaos Space Marines: the Shadowspear set, a box of 10 more Marines, a box of Havocs, a box of Terminators, and the Arch-Lord Discordant (mostly because he looks cool). My question is, in the event that I ever actually play the game, should I get one of the new Commanders coming out on Saturday? Would any of them compliment this existing army well or am I good on characters now with the Arch Lord and Master of Possession from Shadowspear? Thanks for any recommendations!

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What are some good alternative Vindicare models?

Bit late to the party, but Heresy Lab makes a series which includes one Assassin mini for each of the four types, all female (mostly non-pervy) models, and way cheaper than GW.

They're currently selling the 2.0 series, don't know when it will ship. I ordered one of the 1.1 series (which you can still find at the bottom of that page) and it took roughly 2 months to come in - though, a week after I ordered them, it turned out my FLGS actually had them stocked on the shelves, but a bit away from the GW minis. Included a shot of my half-assed paint jobs to show the detail, with an intercessor for scale.

Coldbird fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 19, 2019

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

TheBigAristotle posted:

Ebay's got $5 off coupon until April 25th. Can't tell if there's any minimum, so probably a nice time to grab that one bit you need

Is there a code or something?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really like Infinities models but they are the absolute worst thing in the world to assemble and paint.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

I really like Infinities models but they are the absolute worst thing in the world to assemble and paint.

THEY HAVE TINY ARMS WITH TINY CONTACT POINTS and they will give you the worst case of glue hand

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

fashionly snort posted:

THEY HAVE TINY ARMS WITH TINY CONTACT POINTS and they will give you the worst case of glue hand

This isn't efficient use of glue, but what I like to do in these situations is put a blob of glue on a tile (or just piece of paper, whatever you have that doesn't mind glue) then apply the glue to the connection point from the tile. You won't have to touch anywhere near the point of contact, you entirely control the amount of glue and you can always use a toothpick or something if the point is very tiny or awkward and you want to apply a tiny amount.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
I think you may have just changed my life

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

fashionly snort posted:

Most of the armored models (or dudes) have much larger contact points, and CB is reasonably good about modeling sockets to make getting it in the right place easy

There's a lot of flash, though

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Coldbird posted:

Bit late to the party, but Heresy Lab makes a series which includes one Assassin mini for each of the four types, all female (mostly non-pervy) models, and way cheaper than GW.

They're currently selling the 2.0 series, don't know when it will ship. I ordered one of the 1.1 series (which you can still find at the bottom of that page) and it took roughly 2 months to come in - though, a week after I ordered them, it turned out my FLGS actually had them stocked on the shelves, but a bit away from the GW minis. Included a shot of my half-assed paint jobs to show the detail, with an intercessor for scale.

They start off good, but man they just get worse and worse they more you scroll

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

Is there a code or something?

It's this colored bar that comes up when you look at items or click to buy something

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

StuG Jeebus posted:

The older models are the previous series, and mine are from those; hopefully the 2.0 stuff will be better. Their entire brand is female models, so I guess it’s not too surprising there would be a lot of Sisters, with some eldar, commissars, and inquisitors mixed in. I got the first set of all four assassins and a spare Vindicare for about $50, so yeah, way cheaper than GW - but they’re not recasts, yet also clear enough what unit they are that you don’t feel like you’re proxying.

That being said, khorne berserker girl, plague marine girl, space wolf girl riding a wolf - all interesting concepts, but I can’t help but think that many other players might make certain assumptions (fair or not) about the other player if they saw them on the table.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I don't know, they just seem a bit off compared to the aesthetic of the original.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What are some good alternative Vindicare models?

I put some together from Van Saar models. I'm still not 100% sure how happy I am with the gun though.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Painted up a stinky boy last night

He's a bit darker than my older DG dudes, but not enough that he looks out of place, but as the scheme is a bit faster to paint than the way I did it before I think I'll cope with the variation.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Cross-postin'....

Stephenls posted:

I think I am particularly proud of this one; this is some of the best edge weathering I've ever done. Definitely better than last night's work, at least.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm using all my bits and bullshit to make longfangs from a devastator box I picked up today. 4 x HB and 4 x ML done but I don't seem to have more lascannons handy :(

On the brighter side space wolves look dope rocking those horus heresy heavy bolters.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

richyp posted:

Painted up a stinky boy last night

He's a bit darker than my older DG dudes, but not enough that he looks out of place, but as the scheme is a bit faster to paint than the way I did it before I think I'll cope with the variation.

??? This looks absolutely stunning. Uh, i havent seen your figures before but if this is “coping,” holy poo poo.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Thanks, what I meant was he's a bit darker green than the others, it's barely noticeable though.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

StuG Jeebus posted:

You gotta love female Robocop taking her dog for a walk though.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

richyp posted:

Thanks, what I meant was he's a bit darker green than the others, it's barely noticeable though.

These are really good. How'd you achieve that glowing effect on the plasma rifle? I'd like to try and do the same thing with Saint Celestine's sword.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gaussian posted:

These are really good. How'd you achieve that glowing effect on the plasma rifle? I'd like to try and do the same thing with Saint Celestine's sword.

Looks like OSL.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Stephenls posted:

Cross-postin'....

Just saw these on the ‘Eavier Metal FB group. Nice work, that plasma glow is :rock:

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Gaussian posted:

Thanks, I did a write up of it last year on goonhammer dot com

https://www.goonhammer.com/subdomains/forums/beer-bristles-episode-1-20-minute-osl-baharroth-blue-and-you/

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

I never get tired of seeing that Inquisitor and his retinue, loving fantastic imo

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

TheBigAristotle posted:

It's this colored bar that comes up when you look at items or click to buy something

I think this might be just for your account or maybe not in the US or something, because it doesn't come up for me.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

It's a photoshop/digital painting or whatever you'd call it, none of the stuff on WE's site is actually painted.

That makes me sad

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

I think this might be just for your account or maybe not in the US or something, because it doesn't come up for me.

Really? I'm in the US, and it said something about welcome to eBay and I've been a user for over a decade, so I assumed it was site-wide

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Do people get serious about WYSIWYG? Seems fine rules wise but I want my big axes to count as thunder hammers for wolves. Nothing like proxying in a whole unit but I haven't played there before. It seems like a chill club though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As long as it isn't a constant confusion, I've never been bothered by it. And I'm cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCRwHi2qNeU