Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I thought it was extremely funny just even pretending for a second that jiggly would have had to literally pay for her first outfit in s4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Normy posted:

Does anyone know what happens to the dresses that are made on the show? Do the queens get to keep them or are they property of the show?

People have commented on cases where queens kept their dresses, but I believe I remember Katya saying on her podcast that she was gutted when told she couldn't keep her Hello Kitty head. So that's an interesting distinction, dresses yes costumes no.

edit: oh lol she said it in her AMA a couple years ago too

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 19, 2019

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

OMG BROOKE

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my god Brooke and Yvie are loving TERRIBLE at this

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Y’all. That was top 3

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

zelah posted:

Y’all. That was top 3

So amazing. Can't complain about the result.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
That was the worst Snatch Game I've ever seen and I wouldn't mind if it was scrapped in the future.

And then one of the best lip syncs in a long time :lol: I need to see Brooke in a lip sync for the crown.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Holy loving hell that lip sync

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Haven't watched the ep yet but today I learned that Brooke's real-life last name is Hayhoe and I love it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The gay subtitle intern at Stan has been slipping ‘cyst’ in when the girls are clearly saying ‘sis’

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I'm pretty tired of big girls relying on fat jokes

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I'm so tired of that. I'm so loving sick of 'haha FAT and HUNGRY, right you guys??' jokes.

I get that being fat makes you a target of ridicule. People are lovely. I know that sometimes, you take the things that hurt you and make them jokes.

That said I'm loving sick of big queens whose only personality is HAHA FAT, LAUGH AT ME. It makes me feel lovely.

I only saw the preview for the episode, so I can't comment on much else. I think it's weird/crappy that every time someone has Drama with Yvie, they go into 'well you're cheap/ugly, shut up, you can't compete with me', like what the gently caress.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

How does this poo poo keep happening? Jinx Monsoon was in the drat room coaching these girls who already know they'll have to do this.This Snatch Game... jesus christ, watching Vanjie, Brooke and Yvie was painful. I can't even tell if I'm too young or too old for half the people they were. I know Charro, Whoopi, Celine and that Dr Phil meme kid (that's on me). At least they didn't do that horrible Snatch Game of Love format. God, what a bloodbath.

In descending order, I think Silky, Plastique, and A'keria did the best. Honorable mention to Shuga and Nina because I think they probably went the true-to-character route, I don't know, weren't for me I guess.

Watching two favorites lip sync was an absolute treat, you can sort of tell neither was gonna go home... I was totally expecting an 80s ladypower anthem since they both kinda looked like 80s ladywrestlers.

Pellisworth posted:

I'm pretty tired of big girls relying on fat jokes

Yeah. It's lazy, because pigeonholing yourself into being The Big Girl and only joking about eating and being fat is a crutch for showing some of your actual personality. Imagine if one built their entire persona around having brown hair or having green eyes or something. "Gosh I sure do love looking at stuff with my greeeeen eyes lol". Give us something else!

Lucania
May 1, 2009
Vanjie, Cardi B is right there. You'd barely have to act. I did appreciate that 'S' she had on her name card - the one everyone would do in school.

That was quite an accent(s) that Brooke gave her Celine.

I thought the win should have been between Nina and Shuga - the former had a stronger SG, but the latter's gown/look was gorgeous.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
:aaaaa: :aaaaa: That loving lip sync :aaaaa: :aaaaa:

Perhaps the most deserved double shantay ever, definitely the most since Tati/Alyssa. Any other verdict and the gays would've been rioting, and bitch I would be at the front.

Observations:
  • I wish Nina got the win. I accepted Silky's win for two seconds before she said some petty poo poo that made me change my mind
  • Plastique and Shuga's runways :swoon: Shuga's could've made her the winner, even with her clearly-3rd Snatch Game
  • On that note, I'm glad Shuga finally got some recognition this episode
  • Yes, Vanjie did another leotard, but this one was gorgeous
  • After last week's Untucked and this week's runway/lip sync, I'm finally falling in love with BLH
  • On the subject of BLH, it's hilarious to me that her quick-drag in mini-challenges is Katya's full drag
  • I was not expecting a double shantay this season because of the huge roster. Could this mean we get a double sashay later?

Untucked Edit: A'keria's mom and grandma are so :3:

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 19, 2019

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I didn’t hate silkys snatch game but that was a p basic runway and Nina was robbed imo

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Silky is sucking the joy out of every episode for me, gently caress.

Save for Vanessa and Silky’s basic looks, the runway was great this episode. Yvie and Nina had such fun looks, and I’m glad Shuga is getting her due. Well-deserved.

For a moment at the end I thought it was going to be Brooke v Vanessa in the lip sync and my heart drat near stopped; so glad we got the killer showdown instead.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the escape goat posted:

Silky is sucking the joy out of every episode for me, gently caress.

I dunno I got quite a bit of joy from the cut to her face when the double shantay came out

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah I mean, I think Silky's kinda crossed the line between being playfully shady and just being mean-spirited. It's uncomfortable.

Also that lipsync :aaaaa:

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Nina was absolutely robbed. Ohio state flag dress was a good loving look from her and she was my favorite in Snatch Game too. Silky was also good, but I feel like she came a bit strong from the Eureka school of 'If you can't do it perfect, just do it loud' school of Drag Race acting. (I know part of that is amplifying TS but still)

A'keria has me dead in Untucked playing innocent at Plastique, but her video reaction is so drat endearing. Can't hate her!

edit: Oh, I hadn't finished Untucked either. I like giving Yvie and Brook Lynn a minute on the couch together where we usually get the sad walk to the van. Is that a first for a double shantay?

vvv Ahh, figures, I quit watching Untucked after around 4 episodes last season.

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 19, 2019

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

edit: Oh, I hadn't finished Untucked either. I like giving Yvie and Brook Lynn a minute on the couch together where we usually get the sad walk to the van. Is that a first for a double shantay?

They did it last year with Kameron and Eureka.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

nice to see they finally replaced alandchuck.travel

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

me watching brooke say poutine in a bad quebecois accent

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

clea duvall can still get it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shuga's Charo <3

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i think yvie is the worst snatch game i've ever seen lmao i can't even laugh at how bad it is

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

yasss bitch brooke did her signature ruveal

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

gandlethorpe posted:

I was not expecting a double shantay this season because of the huge roster. Could this mean we get a double sashay later?

Christ I hope so, this season's plodding with a couple of decent moments, please don't make it longer.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I wish Shuga or Nina would have won, but I'm fine with Silky. Any of those 3 would have worked for me tbqh. Yvie and Brooke were a trainwreck and Vanessa at least made me chuckle a couple times. A'keria and Plastique were good!

This Snatch Game wasn't so bad imo.

Can we talk about Shuga's dress goddamn

e: lmao shuga slowly entering untucked well after everyone else has sat down

esperterra fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 19, 2019

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
A’keria setting the (already lovely) “Plastique is lying for screentime” thing into motion last week and then pretending not to know anything about it when she’s solo with Plastique in Untucked this week was extra lovely. Where was Yvie when we needed her to aggressively point out someone was being phony?!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Silkie is going home next week. This show loves the 'win > loss' turnaround, and they had SO MANY clips of her dunking on Yvie and then a shot to her face when nobody went home. Which I'm fine with because I don't think she brings a huge amount of value to the show in terms of entertainment but MAN the foreshadowing was even more heavy handed than usual this week

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

It's an acting/improv challenge next week, Silky's not going home on that. If anything they're setting her up as the villain of the season with all that close-ups. Maybe that means we'll see Yvie in the top 4 a la the whole shebang with Jinkx and Roxxxy

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Vanjie would have been the most amazing fran drescher ever. She missed a good chance.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

GrandmaParty posted:

Vanjie would have been the most amazing fran drescher ever. She missed a good chance.

She could've been literally anybody else, including herself and killed it. What a weird choice. During the deliberation, it freaked me out to see her get the Alyssa Edwards defense from Ross ("it's okay because she's Vanjie and it's hilarious")

Lucania posted:

That was quite an accent(s) that Brooke gave her Celine.

Enjoying some putain for lunch

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 19, 2019

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
It stopped being cute like 7 seasons ago to show up being unprepared to sew or unprepared for snatch game, but here we are.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

esperterra posted:

me watching brooke say poutine in a bad quebecois accent

Jr. posted:

Enjoying some putain for lunch

I mean the joke was right there Brook, it was right there. I know Brook is from Toronto but so am I, I can do a better Quebecois accent than that.

For americans, poutine is fries, gravy, and cheese curds - putain is a whore.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

gandlethorpe posted:

Observations:

literally agree with everything in your post 100%

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I feel like I've seen plastique's fake water stuff somewhere else before is she re-using it?

Lucania
May 1, 2009

Guilty posted:

I feel like I've seen plastique's fake water stuff somewhere else before is she re-using it?

I'm guessing that was from BLH's Zodiac/Pisces outfit.

Also, BLH's runway wig was borrowed from Plastique, so it looks like they both shared their things.

Lucania fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Guilty posted:

It’s a riff on an Iris Van Herpen dress, but Raja, BLH, and a contestant on Drag Race Thailand have done takes on it too