Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Ciaphas posted:

If I draw a goofy moon on your hat will that be acceptable

I mean, people keep asking for Chemist even though we literally have a class called Alchemist that makes potions. It's just a crafting class instead of a combat class.

What's wrong with giving people things they want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I mean, if we finally do get a Chemist class, it'll have some other Olde Arkhaic Nayme to further differentiate it from Alchemy. It'll be like "War Chymist", and be abbreviated WRC, or something.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thundarr posted:

While my understanding of Balmung (I've never been able to get into it) is that it's relatively tame in public, note that you can log in to Mateus, walk into the Quicksand to complete the first quest, and immediately find yourself surrounded by people openly ERPing. Choose your starting server wisely :v:
It was never this bad when I was on Mateus, but most of the people on there are terrible and lazy so why would you RP with them?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I mean, if we finally do get a Chemist class, it'll have some other Olde Arkhaic Nayme to further differentiate it from Alchemy. Chymist, or something.
Itemizer

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kerrzhe posted:

why does this game do this to me

why do the vanu have the worst dailies in the game?

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE DANCE COMMANDER EVERY SINGLE loving DAY?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vboGDSUGCyY

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Shopkeep class. Uses your gil to attack.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Clarste posted:

"Functionally haste" is not "Haste, the iconic FF spell." I mean, does wearing skill speed gear count as Haste too? There's room for some mechanical overlap, but we don't have the Time Mage kit.

Yes, it does. There is literally a status bonus called Haste for gear which has the same effect as increasing your skill speed.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Azerban posted:

Shopkeep class. Uses your gil to attack.

I, too, would like to see Bravely Default's Merchant class in XIV.

With Profiteur's outfit as the artifact gear, naturally.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
<has flashbacks to RO's Blacksmith>

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
It'd be a tank who pays off the enemy to reduce damage.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kerrzhe posted:

oh, rear end. are there ranks after 7? I stopped once I got the mount :(

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

There are! Once you hit rank 8 with all tribes, you even unlock a special sidequest to get them all to 9.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

you must've been a -

oh come on

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Tenik posted:

There are! Once you hit rank 8 with all tribes, you even unlock a special sidequest to get them all to 9.

drat me and drat the dozen a day limit. :arghfist::(

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, it does. There is literally a status bonus called Haste for gear which has the same effect as increasing your skill speed.

Unless it makes me glow red it's not Haste. :colbert:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

this immediately popped into my head when they posted that line

Clarste posted:

"Functionally haste" is not "Haste, the iconic FF spell." I mean, does wearing skill speed gear count as Haste too? There's room for some mechanical overlap, but we don't have the Time Mage kit.

Time mage is such a niche class it doesn't work except as part of another class. AST is the closest you were ever going to get to it.

like, what is the time mage "kit"? Because from what I can remember of FFT, it was haste, slow, stop, a couple of status effects that would be way too powerful to put in this game in any meaningful manner, and then comet. So what're they gonna be, a caster dps with the best support spells in the game? A healer with the best support spells in the game? Both of those would become mandatory almost immediately.

Oh it had float too. lol.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
quicken will be an ogcd that immediately refreshed another players gcd. please look forward to it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Countblanc posted:

quicken will be an ogcd that immediately refreshed another players gcd. please look forward to it.

samurai intensifies

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

samurai intensifies

somewhere, a server ops engineer just felt their chest grow cold for a moment

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I'm just imagining a healer whose dps spell was giving someone else their GCD so that you could double your skill speed and now I think time mage is a great idea

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

<has flashbacks to RO's Blacksmith>

:gizz:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Because from what I can remember of FFT, it was haste, slow, stop, a couple of status effects that would be way too powerful to put in this game in any meaningful manner, and then comet. So what're they gonna be, a caster dps with the best support spells in the game?

limited job :hmmyes:

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Actual Haste is a spell cast by enemy mobs/NPCs and is attainable by PCs as a stat through some very rare Eureka gear.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/90238c82c04/

Before it was changed, Spear was also a sort of Haste since it would reduce ogcds.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

This is the first time I've left mid-duty in probably close to 3 years. Healer kept falling asleep at the wheel on Magna Roader and our DRG took the cannon and managed to fire three blanks while getting run over. I just needed one more run to get to 70! C'mon!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Astrologian is already a Time Mage because Space is Time.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Argas posted:

Astrologian is already a Time Mage because Space is Time.

and time is money, friend, so they are also that Shopkeep class someone mentioned above

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

and time is money, friend, so they are also that Shopkeep class someone mentioned above

Balancecoin can only go up, up, up

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I mean, if we finally do get a Chemist class, it'll have some other Olde Arkhaic Nayme to further differentiate it from Alchemy. It'll be like "War Chymist", and be abbreviated WRC, or something.

What about Apothecary? Or just rename Alchemist to that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

this immediately popped into my head when they posted that line

Time mage is such a niche class it doesn't work except as part of another class. AST is the closest you were ever going to get to it.

like, what is the time mage "kit"? Because from what I can remember of FFT, it was haste, slow, stop, a couple of status effects that would be way too powerful to put in this game in any meaningful manner, and then comet. So what're they gonna be, a caster dps with the best support spells in the game? A healer with the best support spells in the game? Both of those would become mandatory almost immediately.

Oh it had float too. lol.
FF12 Zodiac Age time mage as a magic tank.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If they add another melee DPS I hope it's Foebreaker, I'd love a second Maiming equipment melee class and they could get hammers as their weapon and hand-bomb AOEs.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

/flex

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Posted as 'SoLong.png' by a "Redsixte". Likelihood of it being someone taking the piss with some photoshopping is quite high given we've got a month to go for the combat overhaul live, but hey, it's something to think about what on earth they'd do to make up for axing these.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Hogama posted:

Posted as 'SoLong.png' by a "Redsixte". Likelihood of it being someone taking the piss with some photoshopping is quite high given we've got a month to go for the combat overhaul live, but hey, it's something to think about what on earth they'd do to make up for axing these.

I'd be glad for most of these being gone but I'd miss Synastry, it's a really unique and useful tool for managing healing output.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

It was never this bad when I was on Mateus, but most of the people on there are terrible and lazy so why would you RP with them?

Public space RP is universally terrible on any MMO, to be honest, though the ERP gets overstated.

Most people who are serious about it on Mateus (and there's a pretty good community here, honest!) are in dedicated FCs, you aren't going to find them in the Quicksand.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hogama posted:

There's literally no way they'd get rid of Dark Arts

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

The ffxv crossover gear dyes pretty nice.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Hogama posted:

wait is that Overpower? hold on i don't remember what warrior abilities look like other than "has axe"

oh it's Thrill of Battle (aka, the green button)

why would they get rid of that? :psyduck:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wacky Delly posted:

The ffxv crossover gear dyes pretty nice.

Oh, uh, wow. Didn't even think to see how that set dyed. :swoon:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I hope SE release more housing wards in Shadowbringers, or release the equivalent of FC apartments. I already have a house, but I want a house for my FC as well, not really use or decorate but I want access to airships and stuff and to allow people to buy and decorate FC rooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Hogama posted:

Oh no, not Freeze. :geno: