Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think Fugo is the only one who didn't get any body parts replaced.

I don't think Gold Experience can make anything bigger than a snake.

Gold Experience can make a snake and like a hundred mice for the snake to eat and grow real big. And then put wings on the snake.

There is nothing gold experience can't do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

trucutru posted:

Gold Experience can make a snake and like a hundred mice for the snake to eat and grow real big. And then put wings on the snake.

There is nothing gold experience can't do.
Giorno doesn't mention that its Stand power is fueled by piss.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nessus posted:

Giorno doesn't mention that its Stand power is fueled by piss.

Contrary to popular belief, he doesn't actually like piss.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bifauxnen posted:

Contrary to popular belief, he doesn't actually like piss.
Then why did his hair turn gold?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Nessus posted:

Then why did his hair turn gold?

pee is stored in the hair

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder how Giorno's mother is reacting to him ditching school for (insert length of time here).

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Considering she is the only JoJo parent that hasn't appeared yet, I'm imagining she doesn't care. A random mafioso that Giorno didn't rat out parented him more than his mother. Honestly, they just needed that guy to give Giorno a Big Book of Animal Facts and he'd actually have a backstory.
Edit: sorry, I remembered that she did have a grand total of 30 seconds of screen time earlier.

Hiro Protagonist fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 19, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jotaro's dad hasn't appeared either.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Oh yeah, that's true. The Joestars really have a declining scale of parents. It starts with Jonathan's dad literally jumping in front of a knife for him, to Lisa Lisa understandably leaving her son with his rich as gently caress grandmother, to an absentee father that at least seems to financially support his family (?), to absentee father who DOESN'T support his family financially, to DIO, abusive mom/step dad, and random crime lord.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

George's quality of parenting depends on who you ask, I think. Some people think he was really dickish to Jonathan during those early years, and he even admits that he thinks he might've been too hard on him. In the end, though, I feel like it was probably just a result of him being a single parent suddenly.

Sadao is said to be supporting his family with his jazz musician tour, though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

As a jazz musician, Sadao has plenty of cigarettes to go and buy.

Holly deserves better but the only man who was good enough for her got thrown into a water tower in Egypt.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Oh yeah, that's true. The Joestars really have a declining scale of parents. It starts with Jonathan's dad literally jumping in front of a knife for him, to Lisa Lisa understandably leaving her son with his rich as gently caress grandmother, to an absentee father that at least seems to financially support his family (?), to absentee father who DOESN'T support his family financially, to DIO, abusive mom/step dad, and random crime lord.

Was Joseph really an absentee father? With how much he dotes on Holly even at his age I’d assume he was never too far from her until she moved halfway across the world.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Joseph's absenteeism is regarding Josuke and he absolutely was. The entire Invisible Baby stuff was even blatantly analogous for it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Oh...
Oh yeah.
Josuke. Right.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Did Joseph even know he left behind a son on his last trip to Japan?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Joseph could've agreed with the Nazis and people would forget it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is a good theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDJEmsxibzQ

GuyUpNorth posted:

Did Joseph even know he left behind a son on his last trip to Japan?

He didn't. That's why he went to make amends as soon as he could.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Hiro Protagonist posted:

...and dont even get me started on the father figure in part 6 :haw:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
don't do that

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, I almost forgot what thread I was end and almost responded to that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This fight was gorier than I remembered. :stonk:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's always been pretty gnarly. i think before we knew they wouldn't care about gore people were joking that this fight would just be constant blobs of black moving around

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Instead it's red colored blobs moving around!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Who's ready for another recap episode in two weeks? :shepicide:

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Who's ready for another recap episode in two weeks? :shepicide:

3 recaps during a 39 ep run is pretty crazy but whatever keeps the production schedule from melting is good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Them taking a week off now and then is exactly what I wanted from Part 4 so I'm all for it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fair enough, I suppose. We're on the last 12 episodes.

Also, there's a small error at the end of the episode! Particularly the bottom left.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I put off watching last week's episode up until today. It was like, I meant to watch it at some point, but I just couldn't drum up the motivation to do so for some reason.

So I watched it today before the new episode went up on Crunchyroll, and in retrospect, I'm glad I waited until today because holy poo poo how the gently caress were people able to stand having to wait a week for that conclusion? :stare:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Great episode with a ton of cool looking flourishes, Doppio's tantrum and him spinning the scalpels were animated so fluidly and the sharp color changed Risotto gets shot was perfect, I really don't know why more shows haven't copied the color changing thing

I love Metallica's design a lot. In the manga it actually has a bit of cry, moaning, a reference to the Metallica album of the same name. That's why it's the loading screen animation in All Star Battle

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

wow i hate narancia now

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I love this fight because you feel like cheering for the dumb idiot child trying to make the boss happy even though you shouldn't.

Armani Glasses
Feb 29, 2008

They're for reading.

Fat and Useless posted:

I love this fight because you feel like cheering for the dumb idiot child trying to make the boss happy even though you shouldn't.

That... that is the opposite of what I was cheering for. I was rooting for my edgy jester friend.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I wanted Risotto to win but I just wanted him to do it in a less painful way. Doppio is a good boy, he just follows a bad man.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

I wanted Risotto to win but I just wanted him to do it in a less painful way. Doppio is a good boy, he just follows a bad man.

Alternatively, he's the last good left in a bad man. Or a bad man who pretended to be good so hard that he actually managed to be good for real sometimes.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I wonder what the upper limit on King Crimson's strength is if it was able to sever a foot just by throwing a pair of scissors

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

I mean in the end, whoever won was going to come after Bruno and Co. more than likely.

Not sure if Metallica would have been as bad as King Crimson for the group, but it probably would have been hard to overcome if the guy can just invisibly turn their bodies into weapons.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
according to Araki, Metallica's design was inspired by these guys from Moomin

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I mean in the end, whoever won was going to come after Bruno and Co. more than likely.

Not sure if Metallica would have been as bad as King Crimson for the group, but it probably would have been hard to overcome if the guy can just invisibly turn their bodies into weapons.

What about Aerosmith.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

RIP Risotto

You deserved way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Giorno can turn the weapons back into their bodies.