Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MetaJew posted:

Trucks used to be good.

New thread title to trigger the truck master race guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Ah damnit new page ok I'll go through my phone

edit uno mas

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 18, 2019

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

But modern pickups are still woefully unsafe?

Eventually, they'll be big enough that highway barriers and entire office buildings bounce off them like a Miata. Just gotta keep doubling down.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yo, found this on Japanese twitter. It's a Dodge but a Dodge what? The rear lights are just the best...

:fap:

'66 Polara.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0112-120132/1966-dodge-polara-880-station-wagon/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I still remember this from the movie "The Hurricane" with Denzel Washington. He was driving a dodge Polara, the witness drew the tail lights of a dodge monaco, which has the same rear end but has tail lights that extend into the shapes in the trunk.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I was recently in Wolfsburg again, so have some more pics of the VW Zeithaus.

Bonus: Pics of old East German automotive poo poo.

An old Tatra, I just love that third headlight:

Nice mirror placement:

Old Wartburg (2-stroke!) police car:

Old Barkas (same 2-stroke engine!) NVA military bus:

Pretty sure this thing is Russian:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yo, found this on Japanese twitter. It's a Dodge but a Dodge what? The rear lights are just the best...

:fap:

Looks like a mid-60s Polara

edit: well, poo poo. Should have read the thread more closely...

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

Pretty sure this thing is Russian:

Looks like a KrAZ 255B, so Ukrainian. I think they get imported from Finland into W. Europe.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
The raised shelf of the home depot lumber cart is the same height as my El Camino's deployed tailgate. I can't imagine why anyone would prefer a modern truck.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

SpikeMcclane posted:

The raised shelf of the home depot lumber cart is the same height as my El Camino's deployed tailgate. I can't imagine why anyone would prefer a modern truck.

So that you can have the hitch ball at the same height as the top of the cart, of course

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Was this in Southern California? The street doesn't quite look familiar, but the car sure does.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Krakkles posted:

Was this in Southern California? The street doesn't quite look familiar, but the car sure does.

Nah, NorCal

Quick someone jack it up and steal the wheels

Dielectric
May 3, 2010

SpikeMcclane posted:

El Caminos made perfect "shop trucks" at the motorcycle shop I worked at. The low deck makes a nice easy slope for the ramps. I guess I'd go with a Sprinter now.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Dielectric posted:

El Caminos made perfect "shop trucks" at the motorcycle shop I worked at. The low deck makes a nice easy slope for the ramps. I guess I'd go with a Sprinter now.

Obligatory

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

kimbo305 posted:

Game screenshot aside, it's not necessarily an easy comparison pic, is it?

LD Charger (2011-Present)
Wheelbase 120.2 in (3,052 mm)
Length 199.9 in (5,077 mm)
Width 75.0 in (1,905 mm)
Height 58.3 in (1,482 mm)

Sixth Gen Camaro:
Wheelbase 110.7 in (2,810 mm)
Length 188.3 in (4,780 mm)
Width 74.7 in (1,900 mm)
Height 53.1 in (1,350 mm)

Edit: And just for fun comparison, since I drive one of these boats:

Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, 2nd Gen (1998-2011)
Wheelbase 114.7 in (2,913 mm)
Length 212.0 in (5,385 mm)
Width 2007: 77.3 in (1,963 mm)
1998–2006: 78.2 in (1,986 mm)
Height 1998–2001, 2006–2011: 56.8 in (1,443 mm)
2002–05: 58.3 in (1,481 mm)

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 19, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
MOTORSPORT: Long-lost Mazda RX-7 Le Mans racer rediscovered after 35 years

Click for huge. More pics and background at the link.

If anyone wants me I'll be in my bunk.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Saw this today and it’s too awesome and well done not to post.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2031658760

20,000km 190E Cosworth ordered with radio, AC, sunroof, power window and badge delete, owner still has the original tires "if the new owner wanted to show the car".

Thing is showroom clean.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Saw this today and it’s too awesome and well done not to post.

Looks like the smyth kit, I've seen them pop up cheap a few times when people decide they're not going through with the project. Can't lie, I've been really temped to do this to my DD VW.
https://www.smythkitcars.com/jetta-golf-ute

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Dielectric posted:

I'm imagining a parallel universe where people don't buy pickups but sprinters and Renault Kangoos

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Lord Stimperor posted:

I'm imagining a parallel universe where people don't buy pickups but sprinters and Renault Kangoos
Pretty much anywhere this side of the Atlantic. The UK had a bit of a bump in pickup sales thanks to a tax loophole, but people who need utility buy some kind of Transit variant or similar.

The people who don't need the utility but in the USA would have a pickup for the image or rationalising that they might need one are too busy buying uninspiring SUVs or supposed "premium" brands in "I-can't-actually-afford-one" diesel spec.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Liquid Communism posted:

Sixth Gen Camaro:
Wheelbase 110.7 in (2,810 mm)
Length 188.3 in (4,780 mm)
Width 74.7 in (1,900 mm)
Height 53.1 in (1,350 mm)

Second Gen Camaro:
Wheelbase 108 in (2,743.2 mm)
Length 188.0 in (4,775.2 mm)
Width 74.4 in (1,889.8 mm)
Height 50.1 in (1,272.5 mm)

:shuckyes:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Q_res posted:

Looks like a mid-60s Polara

edit: well, poo poo. Should have read the thread more closely...

Cheers dudes

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I was in Ukraine a year ago, and was poking thru my photos looking for cars and discovered I did a poo poo job of shooting the cool cars I saw. I mean, "cool" by my standards, which was a lot of, "OH gently caress THAT'S A MARQUE I NEVER SEE IN THE US!" I did spend a lot of time giggling at Ladas, and I thought I had one shot of a particularly ridiculous one from a moving bus, but it's too blurry to make anything out.

I did, however, manage to get a couple shots of these pickups completely incidentally, and I now want one.

(Kiev has some fantastic murals, and Trash Bag Whale is in my top 3)

Also, this was the interior of the Skoda our airport driver picked us up with. He didn't speak much English, so I wasn't able to ask him any questions, but I'm pretty sure he was either a racing driver or some kind of security driver in a past life, based on the way he maneuvered us (very, very quickly) from downtown Kiev to Boryspil.

I wanna go back :sigh:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I was in Ukraine a year ago, and was poking thru my photos looking for cars and discovered I did a poo poo job of shooting the cool cars I saw. I mean, "cool" by my standards, which was a lot of, "OH gently caress THAT'S A MARQUE I NEVER SEE IN THE US!" I did spend a lot of time giggling at Ladas, and I thought I had one shot of a particularly ridiculous one from a moving bus, but it's too blurry to make anything out.

I did, however, manage to get a couple shots of these pickups completely incidentally, and I now want one.

Also, this was the interior of the Skoda our airport driver picked us up with. He didn't speak much English, so I wasn't able to ask him any questions, but I'm pretty sure he was either a racing driver or some kind of security driver in a past life, based on the way he maneuvered us (very, very quickly) from downtown Kiev to Boryspil.

Isn't that a mitsu L200? They're pretty fugly, even for a pickup.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Finger Prince posted:

Isn't that a mitsu L200? They're pretty fugly, even for a pickup.

It is, but it's my kind of fugly.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Solar Coaster posted:

I've always wanted a Brat

brb I need to change my underwear and my jeans

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Memento posted:

MOTORSPORT: Long-lost Mazda RX-7 Le Mans racer rediscovered after 35 years

Click for huge. More pics and background at the link.

If anyone wants me I'll be in my bunk.

Holy poo poo, that’s awesome!

kill me now posted:

Second Gen Camaro:
Wheelbase 108 in (2,743.2 mm)
Length 188.0 in (4,775.2 mm)
Width 74.4 in (1,889.8 mm)
Height 50.1 in (1,272.5 mm)

:shuckyes:

Huh. I guess it just the high heroine and “no-neck” hunkered down greenhouse that makes it look so massive.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Here's a weird car and a mural for you!

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
...I'll be in my bunk.

For a variety of dumb nostalgia reasons, I want an old Sirocco :allears: Also, that Fairlane with the little model diorama of itself is perfection.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Nothing But Hate posted:

A good drat post

Everything here owns.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gayT75JKMPE

The dashboard boot-up lol, loving MS-DOS

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Darchangel posted:

Holy poo poo, that’s awesome!

Huh. I guess it just the high heroine and “no-neck” hunkered down greenhouse that makes it look so massive.

It’s definitely chonkier within the box that those dimension make, but it’s overall size is similar to the older ones.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Right thread?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Right thread. :dong:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The livery for that Superbird/Daytona seems incorrect......Was Mobil 1 even around back then?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The livery for that Superbird/Daytona seems incorrect......Was Mobil 1 even around back then?

Mobil 1 came out in '74. Depending on when the car was raced, it's plausible.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Best I can come up with is that it may have been a promo thing done for/with Sam Hornish Jr?

He drove a #77 Charger Mobil 1 sponsored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otaku69
May 18, 2003

some peoples children