Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Last time I saw em they had a couple guys fighting on stage in full Viking armor - so its a good show.

The oldies rip and the new stuff is great live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Despite the new Amon Amarth two part music video, I've never seen anyone in the pit turn into literal demons only to be quickly vanquished by a conjured viking. This indeed sets a new bar for ALL metal shows.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

:same:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress, I read that logo as Voivod at first. :lol:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress, I read that logo as Voivod at first. :lol:

yeah same here, i thought to myself "I don't recognize any of these albums"

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

That's backwards though, Black Future is their best album.

I mean, come on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjHiE3WX8YU

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Black Future is good, or great even, and I was disappointed that Outer Isolation wasn't as good. Haven't listened to their latest enough to have an opinion(it's not terrible though).

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

They keep getting better for me but all Vektor is top tier metal. gently caress rankings hail riffs.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Here's s'more of that HM-2 goodness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWgnKeRNsto

EDIT: gently caress me this is hitting the spot

Nordick fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 19, 2019

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

My favorite part of the last Vektor album was thinking "that was a pretty alright album" and then realizng there was still 45 minutes left before turning it off.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Nordick posted:

swedeath is probably the best death

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
So Neckbeard Deathcamp announced a new album for May. I'm mainly posting this here, aside for some of those song titles, is because Karl Willets will be on the record at some point.
https://neckbearddeathcamp.bandcamp.com/album/so-much-for-the-tolerant-left

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Yeah this loving owns.

EDIT: lol this band was called Mayhem before they changed their name to Enslaved.

not the best luck with names

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Detective Thompson posted:

So Neckbeard Deathcamp announced a new album for May. I'm mainly posting this here, aside for some of those song titles, is because Karl Willets will be on the record at some point.
https://neckbearddeathcamp.bandcamp.com/album/so-much-for-the-tolerant-left

Hahaha holy gently caress this owns

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ordered that vinyl thanks for the heads up

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Yeah this loving owns.

EDIT: lol this band was called Mayhem before they changed their name to Enslaved.

edit: comment already made

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 19, 2019

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Wooper posted:

Black Future is good, or great even, and I was disappointed that Outer Isolation wasn't as good. Haven't listened to their latest enough to have an opinion(it's not terrible though).

/agree on black future being totally great and outer isolation being not as great

But dude. To me Terminal Redux is arguably the greatest thrash metal release of all time. You need to listen to the whole thing, the songs compliment each other perfectly as it's composed cohesively as a narrative from start to finish. Lyrics are also very cool and good sci-fi storytelling

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mr. Pickles posted:

/agree on black future being totally great and outer isolation being not as great

But dude. To me Terminal Redux is arguably the greatest thrash metal release of all time. You need to listen to the whole thing, the songs compliment each other perfectly as it's composed cohesively as a narrative from start to finish. Lyrics are also very cool and good sci-fi storytelling

Also, it's more or less also a concept album about the tensions within the band and how the eventual breakup was inevitable.

There's a hell of a lot emotion poured into that album.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Mr. Pickles posted:

It's completely bonkers to suggest that anything released in the 2010s could possibly be the greatest thrash release ever, no matter how good the album is.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

A human heart posted:

It's completely bonkers to suggest that anything released in the 2010s could possibly be the greatest thrash release ever, no matter how good the album is.

I know its bonkers but still to me Terminal Redux is up there with The Gathering, Ride the Lightning, Beneath the Remains and all the other greats

I literally made a metalarchives forums account just to vote for it as AOTY lol

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Terminal Redux is their best album, but Outer Isolation has their best song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tAbcWrrIQU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

kumba posted:

Terminal Redux is their best album, but Outer Isolation has their best song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tAbcWrrIQU

I completely agree. That solo is one of my all time favorites.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Mr. Pickles posted:

I literally listened to it for the first time on Wednesday. By pure coincidence the thread was talking about it the next day.
Don't you worry, whole albums is how I listen to music.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
terminal redux is really good all the way through but if i just want to slam through one banger on there that isnt like 9 minutes long i just pop on this one and sometimes let it segue in to the really good mellow clean vocals song right after if im in the mood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vEWDRs9ZJ8

edit: this is one of those songs imo that you can play for someone who has never heard the band and it tells them everything they need to know for the most part. like it hits all of the vektor checkboxes without overstaying its welcome - kind of like suffer no fool by power trip, which is their entire sound crammed in to like 2.5 minutes

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Nordick posted:

Oh cool, we're into the meta-worship phase of bands actually aping Bloodbath

e: current members of Asphyx, Ribspreader, and Amon Amarth is not the lineup I expected

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 19, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A human heart posted:

This is painful to argue against but...

Mr. Pickles posted:

...gently caress it. I’m really close to agreeing. Terminal Redux is a masterpiece on every level. If it didn’t have the Vektor weirdness to it I would still think it was amazing but it’s all those little idiosyncrasies of the band that make it what it is. In the riffs, in the vocals, lyrics, songwriting. All of it. And it still sounds human like the 80s poo poo unlike the trend of the overly produced and tight thrash that we’ve been bombarded with for the last 15+ years. It still sounds modern, because it is, but not to the point of carefully produced sterility.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Terminal Redux is a masterpiece but a big knock against it in the all-time thrash rankings is that it’s not Demolition Hammer’s Epidemic of Violence.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I just can't handle Vektor's vocals.

Or their guitar sound.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I listened to Alarum's second album a lot in the early '00s so it takes a lot for prog-thrash vocals to piss me off nowadays

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

IF your thrash album is 70 minutes long than something has gone horribly wrong somewhere.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dimebags Brain posted:

IF your thrash album is 70 minutes long than something has gone horribly wrong somewhere.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Mr. Pickles posted:

I mean .. you're wrong, but that is certainly an opinion to have.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

this is what you crush up and fire double barrelled into your nostrils before you go to a good thrash band's show

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Henchman of Santa posted:

Terminal Redux is a masterpiece but a big knock against it in the all-time thrash rankings is that it’s not Carnivore s/t.

Eric from Vektor has been posting on Sputnik again lately, saying his new project is faster and crazier than Vektor. Then I called him a goober for giving his own albums 5/5's

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 19, 2019

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Reminder that Vektor guitars are tuned UP from regular, the maddest of lads

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
In other news, Saor are touring the US for the first time:

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Or their guitar sound.

Just had a listen out of curiosity - don't mind the guitars, but yeah, vocals just not doing it for me. Also this:

Dimebags Brain posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Henchman of Santa posted:

Terminal Redux is a masterpiece but a big knock against it in the all-time thrash rankings is that it’s not Demolition Hammer’s Epidemic of Violence.

Listening to epidemic of violence for the first time, it owns