Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

endlessmonotony posted:

Now, to be helpful in Sorties, there's a few ways... Having syndicate Specters can come in handy

I really don't recommend popping spectres during a sortie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pipski posted:

I really don't recommend popping spectres during a sortie.

Octavia in a third mission Eximus Stronghold Exterminate can be a time saver, but yeah otherwise don't bother, the missions are over too fast

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Flytrap posted:

You've heard of the Wolf Sledge, but have you heard of the Wolf Sledge...IN THE HANDS OF A MIRAGE?!

A wall of flying hammers, buzzing through the air like pizzas of death. It's as effective as it is hilarious!

Damnit. As someone who is currently building Mirage P, and recently sold all my Wolf hammer parts, I feel a little bit annoyed at myself.

I suppose that I can just make one later, or buy the bits once the prices drop.
And the plat did enable me to but Maiming Strike, which is soooo good (christ, it's shooting up in price for some reason)

Looking forward to Mirage anyway. It's one of the frames that I saw on a video, and thought "hmm, that looks mental, maybe I should try that terrible game again"

Just realised that I haven't played anything else since I started playing this. 70 days, 200+ hours, no regrets

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
de is in the process of releasing melee 3.0, which they've explicitly said includes a maiming strike nerf. it's not a great time to buy ms.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The best gun in the game is the one you enjoy using and lets you kill things without struggling.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

clone on the phone posted:

The best gun in the game is the one you enjoy using and lets you kill yourself without struggling.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Just started a few days ago, submitted application for the clan/guild/whatev. Am mastery level 3 with a maxed out volt and ??? until I get the components to craft a rhino by my understanding. Just unlocked Mercury so don't have access to Morphics or Control Chips. Looking forward to playing with people, though pubbies have been remarkably chill with my accidental leeching..

What are the mission levels supposed to correspond with anyways?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

de is in the process of releasing melee 3.0, which they've explicitly said includes a maiming strike nerf. it's not a great time to buy ms.

Yeah, I was kind of pondering that when I bought it, but it was 190p from either a 50% or 75% voucher purchase, so I've had my £3 worth of fun in the last 2 weeks already, any extra is a bonus
Be sad to see it nerfed to death, but it does kind of mean I use the Atterax 90% of the time, which will get old eventually

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

PJOmega posted:

Just started a few days ago, submitted application for the clan/guild/whatev. Am mastery level 3 with a maxed out volt and ??? until I get the components to craft a rhino by my understanding. Just unlocked Mercury so don't have access to Morphics or Control Chips. Looking forward to playing with people, though pubbies have been remarkably chill with my accidental leeching..

There is no drop leeching in this game, every drop exists for every player. So you picking up a mod doesn't stop everyone else in the team from picking it up as well, same with resources.

Mission levels correspond to enemy level, so a L16-18 mission will have L16-18 enemies. The exception to that is endless missions (Defense, Survival, Excavation, Interception) where enemies constantly get harder the longer you go, so the level there is the starting level. It doesn't relate to your mastery rank or a hidden equipment level, you'll figure out over time what level enemies you're able to handle.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
efb

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Actually, it's the opposite of leeching. More players means more enemies means more drops.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

More players = better

Only time to worry is if you're an active impediment to the other players, like using troll builds or shooting a Nidus' larva.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Confirm for me.

If you're downed and try revive yourself right away and someone else runs in to try revive you, you both interrupt each other with your attempts to revive, right?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think you own Revival takes precedence in that case, but it is a rare thing to happen so I can't say for sure.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I always get annoyed when teammates go straight for the suicide. Seriously just let us help, I run Vazarin on most of my frames now so I can res instantly.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

PJOmega posted:

I'm pretty new too so I'm just a few steps ahead of you, but what helped me a lot was understanding that while yes mission level corresponds with enemy levels, it does not directly relate to your ability to fight them very well.

Someone mentioned somewhere that a general rule of thumb is that you should be able to take on enemy levels up to your MR (mastery rank number) x 4 or 5. So if your MR3 you should be perfectly fine up to and around mission levels of about 12-15.

All I can recommend is that your seriously talk in clan chat. Dudes are super helpful and basically there is always someone willing to run something with you or help you with a mod... or hell even just explain what mods you should be looking for (but honestly clanmates typically just say meet in dojo and give you what you need).

As far as the items for rhino, again speak up. Folks in the clan are more than willing to run you to the places that you can collect those resources.

Lastly, early in the game, your only real objective is to get Rhino, obtain Hek (purchase blueprint from market) at MR4, clear missions across the star chart / open up junctions to other planets, and learn to move and be a space ninja.

rotaryfun fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 19, 2019

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Confirm for me.

If you're downed and try revive yourself right away and someone else runs in to try revive you, you both interrupt each other with your attempts to revive, right?

Correct, you both interrupt each other.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Baro's up!

Primed Pressure Point
Primed Heated Charge
Primed Cryo Rounds

Supra Vandal
Machete Wraith

Buzz Kill
Sweeping Serration
Maim

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ducat priorities:

All three primed mods are good, but Primed Pressure Point needs a ton of endo before it becomes any better than the regular version.

Supra Vandal is a must-get if you have the MR for it.

Machete Wraith is mastery fodder.

Don't bother with the slash mods.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

What's with the push to get Carrier over Taxon? Why is Carrier better?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

rotaryfun posted:

Other than carrier prime being the tankiest sentinel, I don't see much point to using it anymore

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Supra Vandal looks amazing and I just hit mr14.
It'd be rude not to buy it really?

The only thing that makes me pause to think is that I'm already overdosing on the Ignis/Amprex "hold button, kill em all" types of guns, and I think it might make me even less skilled than I am.

Idk, I tried to git gud with the Knell for example, and I just know that it's never going to happen. Maybe I should just embrace my fire/electric/bullet spay life?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
last time I played Nova was before the Null Star 5% DR tech was really well known. and obviously before Adaptation. holy poo poo she is tanky now

Adolf Glitter posted:

The only thing that makes me pause to think is that I'm already overdosing on the Ignis/Amprex "hold button, kill em all" types of guns, and I think it might make me even less skilled than I am.

Idk, I tried to git gud with the Knell for example, and I just know that it's never going to happen. Maybe I should just embrace my fire/electric/bullet spay life?

Supra Vandal is a really satisfying gun. like, I have better guns, but the Supra Vandal and the Dera Vandal are two I pull out all the time because they're effective enough for almost everything and they're just super fun to use

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

rotaryfun posted:

It has the advantage of smashing nearby containers and converting spare ammo for gun types you're not using into ammo for guns that you are. It's also fairly tanky and has vacuum, but pets have both of those things now as well.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Adolf Glitter posted:

This is a game where like half of the commonly-played frames can delete everything you can see (or everything you can't!) in 1-2 button presses. Embrace the most important skill: just makin stuff die however it happens.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Adolf Glitter posted:

supra vandal is this game's machine gun, not its flamethrower (Amprex kind of lacks an equivalent in most games, though Arrowhead made similar attacks in Magicka and Helldivers). It's very different in feel and fairly different in function. Give it a go, even if you don't like it, at least you tried it out and it's Mastery

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
carrier is very useful if you want to use ammo hogs without constantly burning ammo restores. eventually, the cost of mass-producing pizzas of all types becomes trivial and you can ditch carrier. carrier has no particular benefit over any other sentinel while using ammo-efficient guns.

ammo mutation mods aside from carrier aren't recommended, because you have to give up your precious mod space for one that doesn't even make your gun hurt gooder.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Supra also has an augment from Cephalon Suda which means you can get energy from it.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

carrier is very useful if you want to use ammo hogs without constantly burning ammo restores. eventually, the cost of mass-producing pizzas of all types becomes trivial and you can ditch carrier. carrier has no particular benefit over any other sentinel while using ammo-efficient guns.

ammo mutation mods aside from carrier aren't recommended, because you have to give up your precious mod space for one that doesn't even make your gun hurt gooder.
The exception here is the Twin Grakatas, because those rip through their ammo so fast even a primed ammo mutation and Carrier together will struggle to keep up.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Adolf Glitter posted:

Part of why I love the Supra Vandal is because it gets access to a syndicate mod from suda that gives it an energy restore proc. That on top of being a good bullet hose makes it my favorite primary for any energy hungry frame.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there a good recommendation for what cutoff to use on ducats per platinum where it's worth keeping to sell?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Blhue posted:

Part of why I love the Supra Vandal is because it gets access to a syndicate mod from suda that gives it an energy restore proc. That on top of being a good bullet hose makes it my favorite primary for any energy hungry frame.

njsykora posted:

Supra also has an augment from Cephalon Suda which means you can get energy from it.

The exception here is the Twin Grakatas, because those rip through their ammo so fast even a primed ammo mutation and Carrier together will struggle to keep up.

Haha, I just bought the mod for 14 plat to make sure I get of my lazy arse and farm up the credits and sort out my prime stuff to sell.

Also, all the love in the thread makes it a definite buy, thanks guys.

God I really need to remember that standing exists too

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Is there a good recommendation for what cutoff to use on ducats per platinum where it's worth keeping to sell?

Tenno.zone and Warframe.market both have a ducats to plat table you can look at, if the ducats/plat number is high, junk it for ducats (a Braton Prime Receiver is a 10.08 for example), if it's low then sell it for plat (a Rhino Prime Systems is 0.23).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Supra Vandal owns especially when you get the infinite ammo corruption. I only wish I was on Mirage for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5fFOg6A3GQ

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

^^^ That's absurd ^^

I love it.
I thought that's what the dual furis thing would do. Nope

I'll probably make do with the thing that you put on your pet that gives more ammo :-(

Look at the size of that clip tho, drat

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

njsykora posted:

Tenno.zone and Warframe.market both have a ducats to plat table you can look at, if the ducats/plat number is high, junk it for ducats (a Braton Prime Receiver is a 10.08 for example), if it's low then sell it for plat (a Rhino Prime Systems is 0.23).

Thanks. I'd seen the table, just was wondering what a good cutoff was

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

rotaryfun posted:

Someone mentioned somewhere that a general rule of thumb is that you should be able to take on enemy levels up to your MR (mastery rank number) x 4 or 5. So if your MR3 you should be perfectly fine up to and around mission levels of about 12-15.

MR isn't like RPG-style levels. Higher MR just unlocks additional weapons (plus some minor QoL). Some of those weapons are thought to be marginally better in uncommon situations (i.e., solo endurance runs).

"Power" in this game comes from ranking up mods + having the mod space to equip them. If you're new, you want to have one good weapon equipped at all times, where a 'good weapon' is pretty much anything (except the MK-1 variants) to which you've applied an Orokin Catalyst (aka blue 'potato') and then filled with mods.

Initially, put as much health/armor as you can into your frame. Eventually, your powers will start to outpace your guns, but those builds require a number of specific mods and completion of the main quest line. Unfortunately, those builds are also where most of the Goon/youtube chatter is directed.

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 19, 2019

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

kirbysuperstar posted:

Supra Vandal owns especially when you get the infinite ammo corruption.

I just found out about that corruption, I thought it was a bug (though it did make a real fun minute for Tigris).

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

Thanks. I'd seen the table, just was wondering what a good cutoff was

You can usually buy prime trash (random 15 ducat stuff) for 2 plat each, which means that for anything below 7.5 ducats/plat, you could get more ducats by selling it for plat and then buying prime trash. I'm usually lazy and make the cutoff a bit lower, though.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

gaj70 posted:

MR isn't like RPG-style levels.

Correct, but as a new comer, your mind just does not think that way until you learn the systems and what's in play. At least that has been my experience with the early game (currently MR5). As I'm learning that, I see the fallacy of my statement. However, and it's a big however, a new comer is looking for SOMETHING some tangible piece of information to hold on to in order to understand what the game is telling me on the screen. And for me, it was that MRx4/5.

Like I said, was just my experience. And it gave me more confidence to feel like I had/have the gear in order to be equipped to do the mission. Because at MR 2/3/4 you simply do not understand how that translates to mission/enemy level when you're looking at the star map picking a mission to do. Until you just learn that it doesn't mean anything and your MR5 doing sorties in a tank Rhino and pimped out Hek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Anora posted:

I just found out about that corruption, I thought it was a bug (though it did make a real fun minute for Tigris).

poo poo can get really wild if you get corruption on a frame like Saryn (corruption on frames is I think double range) and just murder the entire map in one button press.