Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

So for Joker's debut in Smash Kotaku UK celebrated by claiming the lyrics to "Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There" include the word "retarded".

https://twitter.com/Kotaku_UK/status/1118974962017165312

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like the use of 'insisting'

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm a little irritated this conversation had to be tainted by an obvious attempt at clickbait which also gives people more reasons to be lovely online but hey that's gamers!

Also they can gently caress right off with that response tweet.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it sounds like 'retarded'

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kotaku is poo poo and Laura Kate Dale sucks rear end nothing really new here.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'm sure, somehow, this is Hashino's fault

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'm sure, somehow, this is Hashino's fault
hashino rereg spotted

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Laura Kate Dale

that explains everything

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

DLC Inc posted:

that explains everything

Is she somehow worse than other Kotaku writers in terms of clickbait generation

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is it a song from the game or was a new song created for Smash?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Jimbot posted:

Is it a song from the game or was a new song created for Smash?

from the game but the part in question wasn't in the game itself, only on the OST

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

So for Joker's debut in Smash Kotaku UK celebrated by claiming the lyrics to "Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There" include the word "retarded".

"We got five minutes for us to disconnect
From all intellect and let the rhythm effect"

Also, if it's relevant, in Persona 3 Junpei says (or can say) "Why you guys always got to be harshin' the tards?" There's a story behind that, though I'm not sure I should be telling it.

(Am I going to hell because I still both like and listen to the original version of the Black Eyed Peas song?)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Is she somehow worse than other Kotaku writers in terms of clickbait generation

I think she once wrote a book on Mario's rear end so that should tell you something

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Uhhhh :yikes: at the sorta mega racism of that article

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Onomarchus posted:

(Am I going to hell because I still both like and listen to the original version of the Black Eyed Peas song?)

Yes but that applies for any version

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Luigi Thirty posted:

Uhhhh :yikes: at the sorta mega racism of that article

Weirdly enough, the Kotaku update digs in its heels in the "we're right about the lyrics even though everyone keeps telling us we're wrong" angle, meanwhile:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Just delete the fuckin' article already. The delete key is right there.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

But journalistic integrity.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In the pursuit of dumb bullshit, dumb bullshit appeared, but not how they planned!!!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

In the pursuit of dumb bullshit, dumb bullshit appeared, but not how they planned!!!!

I am thou, thou art I.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Terper posted:

I am thou, thou art I.

Kotaku, you have forged a bond which can never be broken. You now have the ability to fuse Loki, the ultimate Persona of the "oh my god PLEASE click on this loving article" arcana.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://t.co/SGAcgXRTwa

lmao at this retraction

'we were wrong but they wont tell us what the lyrics actually are!!! and we arent deleting the article'

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
just lol at all of that

I'm unsurprised but still sad about no female joker variant. Oh well!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

A shame mistakes like these bring out the horrible garbage people that look for an excuse to attack trans women online.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I just got Persona 5 a few weeks ago and cleared the first palace last night and it's like 5/6. Here are some thoughts:

Good lord this game takes its dear sweet time getting started. They seriously could cut like 80% of the first 4-5 hours and communicate the same exact story.

The turn-based combat is actually good because the game is pretty hard. I keep getting absolutely steamrolled by enemies if I gently caress up.

I really like Ryuji but my friend told me that everyone on the internet hates him. He's intense but I think of all the characters I've met so far he's the one who really gives a poo poo.

It's really funny there was that whole scene of naming your group and I picked a name but then everyone just calls us the Phantom Thieves anyway so what's the point of that even?

I keep getting told that I don't have enough guts/kindness/charm to do certain things. Is this supposed to happen or am I way far behind on everything somehow?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Given that they're British, this seems like a prime opportunity to sue them for libel.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Rosalind posted:

I really like Ryuji but my friend told me that everyone on the internet hates him. He's intense but I think of all the characters I've met so far he's the one who really gives a poo poo.

I think there's two camps. The hate Ryuji camp and the hate Morgana camp. I fall into the former

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Why can’t my dumb cat friend and my dumb human friend just be friends too :saddowns:

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Macaluso posted:

I think there's two camps. The hate Ryuji camp and the hate Morgana camp. I fall into the former

I like Morgana! He looks like my cat except I wish my cat was chill and wanted to go to bed all the time instead of wanting to play 24/7.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres a segment later on that is both way too dragged out and basically pits ryuji and morgana against each other, and since it sucks and is characterized by those two people tend to just blame one of them instead of blaming the writers for the lame drama

also for charm, you'll be locked out of stuff for a long time but also you should be as efficient as possible about raising them because its entirely possible to go the entire game without getting the requirements you need to max out most s. links, because the daily life stuff in p5 is horribly balanced. look up guides online to the most efficient ways of raising each social stat.

Jimbot posted:

A shame mistakes like these bring out the horrible garbage people that look for an excuse to attack trans women online.
laura kate dale is a moron but in this instance kotaku uk seem like the idiots, yeah

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Rosalind posted:

I keep getting told that I don't have enough guts/kindness/charm to do certain things. Is this supposed to happen or am I way far behind on everything somehow?

Some checks you might be slightly behind but don't assume that they're all attainable they're there for replay value (New Game+ let's you keep your guts/kindness/etc stats). However there are checkpoints in some Social Links that will lock you out until you get certain levels of the stats so don't neglect leveling them up if you want to finish Social Links.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Ryuji is just slightly less great Kanji, who is still great.

Morgana constantly hits on Ann and is incredibly creepy about it, gently caress that cat.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
What a massive L from Kotaku UK (lmao I forgot that site even existed)

Laura is pretty bad but wow at that editor holy poo poo. He should have known better

E: editor being rich stanton

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 19, 2019

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

The REAL Goobusters posted:

What a massive L from Kotaku UK (lmao I forgot that site even existed)

Laura is pretty bad but wow at that editor holy poo poo. He should have known better

Laura's bad but c'mon

E: Oops, context

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 19, 2019

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Coughing Hobo posted:

Laura's bad but c'mon

Sorry I meant the editor. Forgot to type that in, my bad

e: wait I did type that in. The editor is the guy that wrote this: https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/04/19/we-screwed-up-with-that-persona-lyric

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Sorry I meant the editor. Forgot to type that in, my bad

e: wait I did type that in. The editor is the guy that wrote this: https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/04/19/we-screwed-up-with-that-persona-lyric

Oops, you're right, I'm sorry

As Jimbot mentioned above, I'm just seeing a lot of people using this as an opportunity to do some trans bashing and it's worse than the original article itself

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

theres a segment later on that is both way too dragged out and basically pits ryuji and morgana against each other, and since it sucks and is characterized by those two people tend to just blame one of them instead of blaming the writers for the lame drama

There's also the issue of Morgana just berating Ryuji out of nowhere from the very second they meet and sucking up to Joker even if you pick all the rudest and dumbest responses.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Morgana loving sucks and Ryuji is Joker's right hand man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Morgona ought to be wearing a fedora and jorts with the way he is around m'lady Anne.