Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
best_ideas.png.vbs

ideas that spread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Post ur insides.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Dang, how weird is it to push the shifter away from you to go into manual mode.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
This is an old photo, but to be honest, nothing's changed. Vacation, and the trunk and backseat are full of beer, wine, and bourbon. Wisconsin and Kentucky makes for an expensive road trip.

Bought enough that it compressed the adaptive suspension!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

beanieson posted:

261 I believe. I had mine powder coated.

Is this Monaco Blue or Montego Blue?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Le Mans blue :buddy:

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

beanieson posted:

Le Mans blue :buddy:

Le Blue Mans Group

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

meatpimp posted:

bad_ideas.jpg

The ti barely runs right now LOL :suicide:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pfft it looked miles better ere

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
https://imgur.com/gallery/g96xVBe

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Post ur insides.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Literally half of all e30 M3's before the mid-2000's. I still kick myself for not buying one cheap while I was in college.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

I didn't read the "V" at first and was all "whaaaa"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
M8 is indeed coming soon, but unfortunately it looks like a jazzed-up Honda Civic

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
M8 needs an I8

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I bought a dashcam for my 135 because I keep seeing things while driving but don't have a chance to get my phone out/ also that's dangerous. I also bought a kit so I can just tap into the fuse box. It came with various fuse adapters so I can pull a fuse, plug it into the adapter, and whatever device it went to gets its fuse, and also the adapter has its own 2A fuse to send power to the dash cam. Does anyone know which fuse I should tap into to make sure it only draws power when the ignition is on?

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Stupid e36 M3 is the most reliable car I've owned and yet it never fails to throw a check engine light THE DAY I decide to get safety/emissions inspections done. gently caress you, car.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

User Error posted:

Stupid e36 M3 is the most reliable car I've owned and yet it never fails to throw a check engine light THE DAY I decide to get safety/emissions inspections done. gently caress you, car.

If it was anything like mine it would magically heal itself the more I drove it. I would fill the tank up. Some time later would get the CEL, and a quarter tank later the light would go off.

I suspect the light might have been faulty and was on its way out since it was on so often.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

If it was anything like mine it would magically heal itself the more I drove it. I would fill the tank up. Some time later would get the CEL, and a quarter tank later the light would go off.

I suspect the light might have been faulty and was on its way out since it was on so often.

p0188 and p0189. Maybe it needs new intake boot electrical tape.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

How in the world is this so clean?

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

Ultimate Mango posted:

lmao, literally everything hard to clean is hidden under giant plastic panels.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Is there any way to check why one's car alarm has gone off? Mine went off twice today. No one near the car, no one near the keys, and my phone app not showing any signals being sent. It's a bit windy, so maybe it's being rocked? Kind of doubt it.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Uthor posted:

Is there any way to check why one's car alarm has gone off? Mine went off twice today. No one near the car, no one near the keys, and my phone app not showing any signals being sent. It's a bit windy, so maybe it's being rocked? Kind of doubt it.

There's a combination to deactivate the gyro alarm and just leave the intrusion system online. Should prevent most false alarms.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

So I'm pretty much obligated to buy this right?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's a 1er, buy it regardless.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
You can buy it but you can’t ever drive it

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Pic is clearly photoshopped. No check engine light is illuminated.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

This is actually happening lmao

e: (it's a 328)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 20, 2019

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I thought 328's had the dumbass "fuel economy" gauge.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I'm not positive, but I think it's an e90/91 vs e92 thing. Every e92 that I've seen has the temp gauge.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
oh no, it's not a x25 grosssss

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Paradoxish posted:

I'm not positive, but I think it's an e90/91 vs e92 thing. Every e92 that I've seen has the temp gauge.

Yeah, this.

Also, kotex, let me know if you have questions about a 3 stage intake swap, I think I still have some disa valves to offload. :D

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Alarbus posted:

Yeah, this.

Also, kotex, let me know if you have questions about a 3 stage intake swap, I think I still have some disa valves to offload. :D
Looks cool but does it gently caress with reliability, I'm mostly buying the N52K car over the N54 because after my C5 A6 2.7TT ownership experience am trying to have the car in the shop less than constantly.

I'm planning a bunch of cosmetic stuff, like an M3 interior swap, and also a bad chinstrap beard and wearing trucker hats and baggy white t shirts constantly.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 21, 2019

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ultimate Mango posted:

Car's got 33k miles on it, I live in LA so it never rains, I also wipe it all down every time I wash it. Ask me about the mess it causes when you take the oil filler cap off with the engine running though!

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

nice.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
My 318ti was intermittently running lovely and getting worse - cutting power while driving, ABS light intermittent, hard hot starts, running like poo poo and dying at idle, refusing to run past 4k RPM, 5k RPM and anywhere inbetween without sounding like it had anti-lag - intermittently.

I cleaned up some lovely wiring, cleaned every connector and ground I could find, cleaned the ECU connector, checked for vacuum leaks - nothing. Replaced the spark plugs - which the old ones looked fine - nothing.

It ran fine one morning but ran like poo poo after sitting for an hour. Drove it home and cleaned all the relays and swapped them around where I could, and cleaned the fuel pump connectors - which looked fine. Now the car is running ok, going to redline, although still having a hard start sometimes. I don't trust it!

The ABS light is still on so makes me have hope its just a sensor.

Lightbulb Out fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 21, 2019

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Arrived at the ring.

Tidied up my bay. Painted plastic and turrets etc etc. Looks miles better I think!

Hope this weather holds out. Absolutely spectacular. Happy Easter motherfuckrrs

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

^gl hf ka dd^

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Post ur insides.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 21, 2019

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Looks cool but does it gently caress with reliability, I'm mostly buying the N52K car over the N54 because after my C5 A6 2.7TT ownership experience am trying to have the car in the shop less than constantly.

I'm planning a bunch of cosmetic stuff, like an M3 interior swap, and also a bad chinstrap beard and wearing trucker hats and baggy white t shirts constantly.

In general, no. They shipped a ton of 330/530, and those were in use in non-US locations a lot longer. The engine itself isn't impacted. The only technical increase in "risk" is adding the two DISA valves, but the design of those is MUCH different than the E46 versions, and I hadn't seen much, if any, major complaints about the newer DISA actuators.

The first time I did it, I got super lucky on the parts, and got a complete manifold with actuators for like $250. The second time, a bare runner was $250, and I had to source the rest of the parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Arrived at the ring.

Tidied up my bay. Painted plastic and turrets etc etc. Looks miles better I think!

Hope this weather holds out. Absolutely spectacular. Happy Easter motherfuckrrs

We want all the videos from this. Pretty please.