Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

njsykora posted:

poo poo can get really wild if you get corruption on a frame like Saryn (corruption on frames is I think double range) and just murder the entire map in one button press.
Corruption can be 200% (multiplicative iirc) warframe strength, which you can snapshot with some frames, like Chroma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

carrier is very useful if you want to use ammo hogs without constantly burning ammo restores. eventually, the cost of mass-producing pizzas of all types becomes trivial and you can ditch carrier. carrier has no particular benefit over any other sentinel while using ammo-efficient guns.

ammo mutation mods aside from carrier aren't recommended, because you have to give up your precious mod space for one that doesn't even make your gun hurt gooder.

Carrier blows up containers I'm far too lazy to break myself and is thus my best friend forever.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Phigs posted:

Carrier blows up containers I'm far too lazy to break myself and is thus my best friend forever.

Looking forward to that myself. It's making in the foundry and I'm super excited about that.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Is there anything more dispiriting than realising you forma'd the wrong polarity? No. No there isn't, and I just did it — twice.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

ughhhh posted:

What are peoples though on strain mods btw? I have a nidus/helminth/lesion cosplay setup with all the strain mods, but incant really tell if it does anything other than spawn some maggots...

I like them because they are neat thematically and I love my huge spaghetti hound. Seriously her head touches the top of the animal factory to begin with, and the cysts make her grow even more. The crit damage buff from the set is actually quite good for Khora in particular since it affects her whip. The uptime is kind of misleading if you go by the description though. It makes it sound like it will build up to 8 stacks, and then immediately reset, but what it actually does is build up to 8 over 24 seconds, stay there for 25 seconds, then spawn larvae and start over. The Warframe mod is the ultimate tax though. I can't imagine how it could be any more inconsequential. Also, in infestation missions randoms will constantly shoot at the dog and the larvae which is maybe worth it by itself.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Pipski posted:

Is there anything more dispiriting than realising you forma'd the wrong polarity? No. No there isn't, and I just did it — twice.

I built, and mastered, Euphona Prime twice.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Once, after an arduous and barely adequate wisp hunt, I accidentally started building an amp prism I already had and, in the process of trying to cancel, accidentally used platinum to rush it

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Supra Vandal is amazing, I love it, thanks for the good reviews from you all.
I've had to turn down the volume of the game as it was going to get me in trouble with my neighbours, drat it's noisy, and drat, it's fun

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Anyone else get a mail with exactly zero ducats from yesterday's stream?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Schurik posted:

yeah everyone, they hosed up

Fat Aggression
Aug 18, 2006

Schurik posted:

They said they were going to fix it and give everyone 2x ducats.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Atomos modding - better with Seeker for punch-through, or Ruinous Extension for range? Or maybe just another 60/60?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Adolf Glitter posted:

Atomos modding - better with Seeker for punch-through, or Ruinous Extension for range? Or maybe just another 60/60?

I would use this:

Note that it should require significantly fewer forma without the Primed mods. If you don't have Jolt, just toss on another 90% mod, they're better DPS below level 80-100 or so anyways.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

rotaryfun posted:

(currently MR5)

Because at MR 2/3/4 you simply do not understand how that translates to mission/enemy level when you're looking at the star map picking a mission to do. Until you just learn that it doesn't mean anything and your MR5 doing sorties in a tank Rhino and pimped out Hek.

I just want to quote this for anyone thinking of trying out the game, and history. We say this all the time and here is a goon fresh to the game saying the same thing. That's how you tenno. Start up the game, get confused, belly flop into the confusion, make some gear that feels super good in a week or three and plow through 'end game' content, learn you have 80% or 90% of the game left to discover and play through.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I would use this:

Note that it should require significantly fewer forma without the Primed mods. If you don't have Jolt, just toss on another 90% mod, they're better DPS below level 80-100 or so anyways.

Cool, thanks I'll give it a spin.
Got Jolt, but I'm still a ways off primed mods. I'm probably going to wait until I have a gently caress load of endo (and credits) before getting some, but that's going to take a while

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

buy the primed mods while you can even if you dont have the endo to level them up. it could be awhile before you see them again.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Awesome! posted:

buy the primed mods while you can even if you dont have the endo to level them up. it could be awhile before you see them again.

Yeah... July

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

How well does Tennocon usually crater Baro mod prices on the open market, anyway? I have a lot more plat than I do duck fodder most of the time, and if I can skip the "buy poo poo to duck" step and just...get a mod or something, I may go ahead and do so.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

3 months is awhile. ive only been playing for like 4-5 total.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Awesome! posted:

I'm out of ducats after getting the Supra. Well, I could sell a couple more things, but they're parts that I might use, so I'll just wait it out.
If I get a 75% thing any time soon again I might get some with plat though.

I really need to get into the habit of cracking relics more. I'm glad that the nightwave thing reminds me actually

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Awesome! posted:

3 months is awhile. ive only been playing for like 4-5 total.

Yeah, uh, me too
*turns to dust*

Nthing that the Supra Vandal is really good. It's not hitscan but you can fan out your shots in a really satisfying manner.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

supra vandal really nails the hose feeling of "bullet hose"

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Talking of Supra, what's the name (or description) of that riven that gives it infinite ammo in the clip earlier.
(Not that I'm ever likely to get one or afford to buy one I'm guessing)

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Adolf Glitter posted:

Talking of Supra, what's the name (or description) of that riven that gives it infinite ammo in the clip earlier.

The infinite ammo comes from a randomly applied buff to one of your weapons (or warframe) upon collecting 10 reactant in a relic cracking mission. Warframes get a ton of power strength, melees get super cheap channeling (lol), and guns get infinite ammo for the duration.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Adolf Glitter posted:

That wasn't a riven. When you do a fissure mission (the ones where you crack relics) you're trying to collect 10 reactant. When you hit 10 reactant you get a random buff to either one of your weapons or your frame:

quote:

Upon collecting 10 Reactants, the player receives a buff to one of their equipped gear which gets corrupted for an amount of time based on the tier of the Void Fissure (time = 30sec × tier). The buffed gear will emit lighting bolts and gets a corrupted texture effect.

Corrupted Warframes receive a 2x multiplier to Ability Strength and Ability Range.
This affects the total value, meaning with a maxed Intensify for 130% Ability Strength will turn into 260% while the buff is active.
Primary and secondary weapons receive unlimited ammunition and no longer need to reload.
Melee weapons' Channeling costs are reduced to 1 point of Energy per enemy hit.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Getting corrupted as speedva sucks

Corrupted tonkor/zarr owns

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

All of the full auto stuff is great with the weapon buff. But like Tulip points out the stuff with really low ammo and long reloads can be really silly sometimes, since you never have to begin reloading. Exergis and Tigris, Pox, the Amprex and Atomos, etc. All great fun, highly recommended.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Aha, I see now. Kinda glad it's not a riven tbh
This game, loving mental how much stuff I keep finding out every day.

Still, 200 hours is still early days. A few pages back, someone was expressing surprise at some quirky mechanic after 1200 hours

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think it depends on which weapon because the Twin Grakatas or Prisma Twin Gremlins get way less time than the usual weapons.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Rivens don't give weird bonuses like infinite ammo or w/e, affixes that radically change how a gun works are almost exclusively the domain of augment mods. Rivens are pretty much just bigger numbers and a handful of quality-of-life functions like punch-through.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Adolf Glitter posted:

Aha, I see now. Kinda glad it's not a riven tbh
This game, loving mental how much stuff I keep finding out every day.

Still, 200 hours is still early days. A few pages back, someone was expressing surprise at some quirky mechanic after 1200 hours

Yeah it's so true, I'm MR 21 and I have 1200+ hours in this game and I'm constantly learning new things, like this umbral Garuda build I just found that uses Magus Lockdown of all things to annihilate packs

the plus side of this game not documenting anything is that there's always stuff to learn

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I want +range rivens. :colbert: I'll happily sacrifice 5% damage for another +12 meters on my Amprex.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
How the gently caress does Profit taker work, I just got obliterated by homing missiles until my teammates couldn't rez me. And yes I was trying to dodge the missiles.

What weapons and loadouts should I be going for for fighting 100s, I see people just destroy them, but my Arca Plasmor just two shots things, I don't have any primed mods yet (Baro has been unkind on the PS4). I also need some help with survivability, Usually I run Gara, but I've been trying to get back into Saryn.

Looking forward to the next few days, got Garuda and Atlas brewing in the foundry. Once I level some trash weapons for MR (looking at you Akbronco), I have a few weapons to pull off of there too.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Just eat the missiles by crouching in spoiler mode. They track like crazy.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Anora posted:

How the gently caress does Profit taker work, I just got obliterated by homing missiles until my teammates couldn't rez me. And yes I was trying to dodge the missiles.

What weapons and loadouts should I be going for for fighting 100s, I see people just destroy them, but my Arca Plasmor just two shots things, I don't have any primed mods yet (Baro has been unkind on the PS4). I also need some help with survivability, Usually I run Gara, but I've been trying to get back into Saryn.

Looking forward to the next few days, got Garuda and Atlas brewing in the foundry. Once I level some trash weapons for MR (looking at you Akbronco), I have a few weapons to pull off of there too.

Bringing a tanky frame is the safe bet, if only until you understand the fight. If you don't know what you're doing, just keep clearing trash + kill police beacons.
The front of the Profittaker has the current weakness telegraphed, only that element will be able to damage her shield until 1) someone uses void damage so it cycles to the next random element or 2) you've done X% damage (thresholds seem 20% but could be wrong).

Shield breaks -> legs become vulnerable -> all 4 legs down -> body becomes vulnerable -> she poops out 4/6 shield generators into the air which you have to destroy to reset her invulnerability. Repeat until dead.

I prefer Arca Plasmor running with Shotgun Spazz and Blast + Corrosive (and innate Radiation). Catchmoon for Impact/Gas/Cold and Redeemer for Viral/Heat. Though the latter is only really viable on Mirage and Chroma I'd say, maybe Rhino too.
That leaves fairly basic elements, Slash/Puncture/Toxic/Electric/Magnetic. Basically any pubby can do Slash/Puncture for you, skip the other 3 if you don't see shields getting damaged.

Most people run Inaros/Rhino/Chroma there. Personally I use Chroma, I pub them often too and I'd say at least 75% use those 3 frames, with Chroma and then Inaros being the most popular. Inaros/Rhino require way fewer mods to get tanky as gently caress though. Nezha's also good there I believe, though you don't see him often.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I have had the Vox Solarii worker's song stuck in my head for the past 3 days.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
There’s an NPC about 20 feet in front of where you land in Fortuna (one of the guys on a tiny island in the middle of the canal)that’ll replay the intro.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Is doing Heists really the best/only way to get Atmo Systems?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Spudd posted:

Is doing Heists really the best/only way to get Atmo Systems?

Yeah, you can buy them once you rank up VS enough but you still have to get 10 of them for the rank up first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
For the first time, I just had to forma a weapon a 7th time. So many formas...