Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Machinist is fine, delete everyone who says otherwise

Machinist is fine to exist now that we're getting a third ranged physical dps and another gun class, but it's still niche as gently caress and not fun for a lot of people.

Also wildfire is still the problem, not overheat, because the class was poo poo before overheat was introduced. Overheat is just the same thing as wildfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Machinist is fine to exist now that we're getting a third ranged physical dps and another gun class, but it's still niche as gently caress and not fun for a lot of people.

Also wildfire is still the problem, not overheat, because the class was poo poo before overheat was introduced. Overheat is just the same thing as wildfire.

wildfire is just a crappy damage buff

overheat is a slightly better damage buff in that it applies to more than one target but you have to be actively managing it at all times so you don't accidentally use it early, you have little to no control over it from levels 52-69, you have to guess when it's about to go off due to server ticks, and when you're done using it you're punished with weak attacks for 10 seconds

improve wildfire, ditch overheat imo

alternatively get rid of wildfire, i don't particularly care, but the point is people tout wildfire as the reason mch is bad when, no, overheat is much worse

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
They're both terrible honestly.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
We'll find out all the changes in about a month anyway, I'm interested to see how they plan to make WHM easier

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

They're both terrible honestly.
:hai:

MCH basically just needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. It's been a disaster since Heavensward and consistently the least-played class by a good margin even despite being the gun-slinging DPS.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hello I like current MCH (watches crowd reaction, goes even further) Hilda > Yshtola

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I was playing WHM and got synched down to 49 (Aurum Vale :argh:) and realized I didn't have lilies. I was surprised by how used to the lily mechanic I was, especially considering I usually heal as a SCH.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
It... is?

I left WHM at 50, but from everything I've read, Lillies could very well not exist.

Ibblebibble posted:

Hilda > Yshtola

:allbuttons:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kaubocks posted:

overheat is a slightly better damage buff in that it applies to more than one target but you have to be actively managing it at all times so you don't accidentally use it early, you have little to no control over it from levels 52-69, you have to guess when it's about to go off due to server ticks, and when you're done using it you're punished with weak attacks for 10 seconds

alternatively get rid of wildfire, i don't particularly care, but the point is people tout wildfire as the reason mch is bad when, no, overheat is much worse

I have an idea of how to fix Overheating-- get rid of the damage buff entirely, double Cooldown's damage (the above 50 heat version only), and buff Ammo damage. That way, Overheating is just a big "You hosed up your heat management, dummy" state, and the goal of proper heat management is chunking idiots with big, meaty heated Cooldown shots. Buff Ammo enough to make sure it's still worth using.

Also make Wildfire an AOE. Either applies it in an AOE (and tracks damage individually on each target it hits) or make the big damage pop an AOE.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ibblebibble posted:

Hello I like current MCH (watches crowd reaction, goes even further) Hilda > Yshtola

check this

kan-e-senna > hilda

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

None of those characters ever do anything, so they're all equal imo

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the only good npc is fray

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

the only good npc is fray

The only good character is whoever is currently dunking on alphanaud.

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

frodnonnag posted:

Krile is never a good character.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Great White Hope! posted:

Listen, buster.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

frodnonnag posted:

I'm in my mid-60s on my first character and so far Alisae is better than Alphinaud in every way, including dunking on him and Lyse at every opportunity.

Also she pulled a sword out of a book so she's cool in my book

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Great White Hope! posted:

:wrong:

there are two good potatoes in all of hydaelyn and krile is one of them

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i noticed the other day that all my favorite characters in this game are elves (aymeric, haurchefant, estinien, the twins, urianger, briardien, stephanivien)

i have two fantasia that have been sitting around in my retainer for years and i thought, maybe i should be an elf?

but nah, gently caress that, highlander for life

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Speaking of, I really wish they'd have just left urianger in his post heavensward outfit rather than immediately having him revert to his aging 1.0 gear. He looked unique, particularly since all the other scions got makeovers.

I also have no idea how he hides that giant hairdo in that hood.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
they need to keep urianger in his crappy hood and goggles because otherwise he'd be too sexy all the time

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

UHD posted:

Is the other Pippin?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

tataru

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ibblebibble posted:

Hilda > Yshtola

This isn't even a hot take, it's just a fact.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

well that's about as loving ham as i'm ever gonna go in mahjong this century

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Level 50, got my poo poo, got it augmented thanks to kindly goons.

Malachite > Azure

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

I always feel that I have to color my glam to match my mount. It limits my options but whatevs.

AF1 for life.

Givin fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 20, 2019

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Givin posted:

I always feel that I have to color my glam to match my mount. It limits my options but whatevs.

AF1 for life.

No, you're right. Anything less than a mount that matches your outfit is unacceptable.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Have a friend who started playing with the trial and now isn't sure which product to buy to keep playing. I see that there's a "Complete Edition" that comes with everything, even Shadowbringers, but I also heard from someone else that getting Shadowbringers wouldn't unlock any of the previous stuff until its actual launch. Is there any truth to that or would buying this allow them to play up through Stormblood right now?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Catsworth posted:

Have a friend who started playing with the trial and now isn't sure which product to buy to keep playing. I see that there's a "Complete Edition" that comes with everything, even Shadowbringers, but I also heard from someone else that getting Shadowbringers wouldn't unlock any of the previous stuff until its actual launch. Is there any truth to that or would buying this allow them to play up through Stormblood right now?

It won't unlock. Squenix doesn't charge for pre-orders until early access, which is why it won't count until then. Stupid system, but what can ya do.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Ibblebibble posted:

It won't unlock. Squenix doesn't charge for pre-orders until early access, which is why it won't count until then. Stupid system, but what can ya do.

drat, okay thanks!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I thought there was something off about this BLM.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Edmond Dantes posted:

I had my first bad BLM encounter the other day. First time going through The Vault and he cast almost nothing but Ice III the entire time. It was painful to watch.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

In the 50s is the BLM rotation basically to spam fire until firestarter procs into fire 3 (keeping lightning on and hitting it when it procs)?

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

In the 50s is the BLM rotation basically to spam fire until firestarter procs into fire 3 (keeping lightning on and hitting it when it procs)?

Yes and it's awful.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

S.J. posted:

I had my first bad BLM encounter the other day. First time going through The Vault and he cast almost nothing but Ice III the entire time. It was painful to watch.

Eh, tbf this was a super baby 35 sprout in Brayflox (synced at 34 so no Blizz 3 nor firestarter proc). At that level I can totally understand the 3>1 mindset tbh.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Yes, but do remember than Blizz 3 is cheaper and casts faster in Astral Fire 3, so you use Blizz 3 to go into your Umbral phase and not traspose (and likewise you use Fire 3 to go from Umbral to Astral before spamming F1 again). Reapply thunder during Umbral.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

we kind of agree, I was getting at wildfire was the first thing, and overheat is fundamentally bad for a lot of the same reasons wildfire is bad. Overheat was them doubling down on wildfire, which made MCH even worse. The difference is overheat can pretty easily become something better, namely with something like

Cabbit posted:

I have an idea of how to fix Overheating-- get rid of the damage buff entirely, double Cooldown's damage (the above 50 heat version only), and buff Ammo damage. That way, Overheating is just a big "You hosed up your heat management, dummy" state, and the goal of proper heat management is chunking idiots with big, meaty heated Cooldown shots.

but I guess wildfire could also be fundamentally broken down and rebuilt. Both of them are what drags the class down right now, though.

UHD posted:

and the WoL is the other

fite me

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Edmond Dantes posted:

"Fire III has to be better it has III in it!" :downs:

Shouldve just stuck with "Firaga"

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

UHD posted:

tataru
is the second worst potato in Eorzea. Third worst if you count whichever pervy player character you encountered last.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

jalapeno_dude posted:

is the second worst potato in Eorzea. Third worst if you count whichever pervy player character you encountered last.

I liked tataru until I heard her JP voice actor

Y I K E S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i love tataru you are all wrong she's the best

also i lied i'm an elf now :cool: