Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh poo poo I forgot it's out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

High on Fires Bat Salad record store day exclusive is on Youtube. fairly underwhelming but interesting shift in overall tone/mix compared to their other albums. sounds much more like Sleep guitar tone than HoF.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lol I love thou

https://twitter.com/eyehatethou/status/1117955057297907713?s=19

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Has anyone heard the "Stairway to Heaven " cover that Mastodon dropped on RSD? I had Yob the night before (AMAZING!) and that day was nothing but an all day birthday party/sleepover for my daughter.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m revisiting the Yob album from last year. I don’t know why but I never gave it much attention after release. It’s great though. Mike is the best.

hatelull posted:

Has anyone heard the "Stairway to Heaven " cover that Mastodon dropped on RSD? I had Yob the night before (AMAZING!) and that day was nothing but an all day birthday party/sleepover for my daughter.

This is hilarious and weird. I’ll have to check it out.

Nice

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CpTtj3JWws

Inject this poo poo straight into my veins

Also I'm so fuckin' stoked to be seeing them in June :circlefap:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

YES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFjHZA1Oo7A

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Doomed and Stoned (an FB page that I assume has a presence elsewhere) have put together a Compilation of Australia Doom acts.

65 tracks, pay what you feel.

https://doomedandstoned.bandcamp.com/?fbclid=IwAR3FdXpGkLlQGNHQoMNQNVyLxdCGHofnYiEp-ChXb6pACP9OJsci3OfsO8I

:australia:

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Loving how prolific these guys have been lately. When I saw them earlier this year they played a couple new tunes that sounded really cool.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Juaguocio posted:

Loving how prolific these guys have been lately. When I saw them earlier this year they played a couple new tunes that sounded really cool.

Yeah, I can’t wait till I get a chance to see them. Their sound checks all the boxes I like, and it’s the most perfect interpretation of the desert I’ve heard outside of maybe Friends of Dean Martinez. It’s just a drat cool vibe.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Sleep are absolutely killing it this tour. Matt Pike is loving mad, he's kicking up the album versions of the songs by like 10 notches, he's out of his loving mind

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mr. Pickles posted:

Sleep are absolutely killing it this tour. Matt Pike is loving mad, he's kicking up the album versions of the songs by like 10 notches, he's out of his loving mind

More shameful than me only recently getting back into the new Yob, I’ve finally been in the mood for the new Sleep. It, uh, loving rules. I don’t know why I put it off. That meditative ritual vibe that they lean into is so good. It’s crazy how perfectly this genre fits with those feelings. The deep tones and repetition really resonate.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Their drummer is a god, the repetition would be monotonous and dull if not for him rounding everything up so diversely, every loving time.

Truly great musicians, all 3 of them. Matt Pike is like watching someone play with the attitude of Lemmy while also being a god-tier guitar player. Loud and dirty as gently caress, but with perfect execution. The dude kept kickin the pedals like he's jamming in his living room, he never gave a single fucks about the transitions, but his hands were in perfect control even when he kept pushing 32/4 on us. Awe inspiring

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wow. Insanely jealous.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mr. Pickles posted:

Their drummer is a god, the repetition would be monotonous and dull if not for him rounding everything up so diversely, every loving time.

That’s Jason Roeder from Neurosis. Them losing Chris Hakius and picking him up was like the Packers going from Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post
They may be more SDS-adjacent, but Pinkish Black announced a new record! The preview track is heavy ala their self titled album so I'm pumped.

Saw them open for Sleep and they blew my mind open.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

That’s Jason Roeder from Neurosis. Them losing Chris Hakius and picking him up was like the Packers going from Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers.

Yup, I remember someone telling me this, but I was so smashed I don't remember poo poo lol. Not a big fan of Neurosis (you can't account for taste) but most of my friends are. They're great I just don't listen to post-stuff almost ever

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm not a big Neurosis head but I love Scott Kelly's vocals, every track he does with Mastodon is amazing

zenless
Feb 13, 2005
anyone else seeing Sleep on 4/20 with me?

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm not a big Neurosis head but I love Scott Kelly's vocals, every track he does with Mastodon is amazing

I always thought Cult of Luna did that style better than Neurosis IMO.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I wish Calgary'd had something this cool going on last time I visited. According to the promo email, they also have a pinball tournament going down.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
For anyone else who may be dying in a cave tomorrow, I'll be the bald guy in the tie-bleached Cave of Swimmers shirt and Yob hoodie.

Ingmar Terdman: no idea if you saw my post on the last page but if you would shoot me an email to dawdr@hotmail so I can get you my number and all that.

Shakenbaker fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 19, 2019

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/bobgendron25/status/1119426830413586438?s=21

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I have arrived in Tennessee and have begun my series of last meals by pounding barbecue and beers. My Airbnb looks like a crazy persons rustic cabin and it rules.

24 hours to drone death

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm trying to picture this and having a good chuckle :lol:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy 4/20 :2bong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCDcm-BNiFs

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

I saw them with Boris and the exact same thing happened lol.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I’ll be the guy in the purple shirt and the black jacket with the Sunn/Praise Iommi shirt converted into a backpatch. Catch me inside or outside for parking lot beers etc

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I can’t wait to hear about the cave ritual :3: have a great time!

My extremely awesome and wonderful gf ordered me the holo sleeve vinyl + shirt deluxe Life Metal package yesterday. Absolutely can’t wait to listen to that. Unfortunately I need to piece together a good new record playing setup before that happens.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
my SIL and I just landed in Nashville, we're heading to our deaths in the cave shortly. I've got a few patches on my carhartt jacket, no backpatch. find my bald spot, come say hi

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Cave doom trip report: I visited another cave first and pounded several restaurants worth of brisket and ribs so we ended up missing the first act. On the way to the cave from the parking lot a big hippie bus pulled up and people piled in. The guy then drive like a maniac up the hill, taking turns fast and hard, honking like crazy the entire time.

I beered up just in time for Sunn to start making their way through the crowd.

The cave setting was perfect of course, walking down into a hole for a show rules. The volume was much lower than the last time I saw them, my gf thought it was a third as loud, which made her happy because she didn’t fear for her life as much.

The trombone section was great, apocalyptic smoke clouds blotting out the stage were beautiful. The lack of weed clouds compared to any nyc show was striking however.

Songs good, cave good, merch good

🔈🔈🔈🔈🔈🔈🔈🔈🔈🔈🔈🔈

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I didn’t take a lot of pictures but here’s a couple until someone posts better ones

Crazy man at the wheel

Shhh please have some consideration for the artists

Low effort shot here sorry

Now I’m back in my moonshiner cabin drinking local beers and the Airbnb owner dropped off an Easter basket of cakes and eclairs so I’m back on my pigout mission

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

thanks for the trip report. the cave sounds like the coolest show and ive gone to shows in a sewer

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
After a night to sleep on it, all I can think is that Sunn are this but for tinnitus. Time to get some molded plugs, jeez.

Great seeing you again Ingmar Terdman, take it easy and all that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sunn are still the best live act I've ever seen by far.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post
Just echoing everyone else and saying Sunn O))) in a cave on 4/20 was loving rad.

Was bummed Papa M had to drop off due to health concerns/an emergency department visit, but overall it was an extremely transcendent experience.

Got a copy of Life Metal on clear vinyl. Can't wait to piss off enlighten my neighbors on Easter.

VELOUR SPACESUIT fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 21, 2019

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
just saw primitive man
loving exhausting
how do you write music.so miserable and play it back to back every night in a new city with no rest

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Sunn good. Who’s gonna whip up a Primitive Cavemen gangtag

edit: try the cave sandwiches

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 21, 2019

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
the cave was amazing, they should give the cave to SUNN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Saw Belzebong and Ufomammut. Ufo was great and Belzebong was extra fun.

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 22, 2019