Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
holky gently caress Brooke's reveal on the runway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lgcty5
Jan 4, 2003
I can't even with that lip sync. First time I've gone back and re-watched one in a longgggggg time. Also loved Silky's face after Ru's lip sync assassin comments...

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

lgcty5 posted:

I can't even with that lip sync. First time I've gone back and re-watched one in a longgggggg time. Also loved Silky's face after Ru's lip sync assassin comments...

My first thought was "lol I hope Silky keeps spouting off about how she's ready to throw down in a lipsynch"

I mean, I'm sure Silky has a couple tricks but I have a hard time seeing how Yvie or Brooke won't trashcan anyone else this season in a lipsynch

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The best part of the episode (besides the whole LSFYL) is that both Brooke and Yvie have likely already used up their power-ups for the season. Just like we were already exposed to Eureka's Taint Swiffer and Kameron's splits way before the Finale, do they really have any other tricks to surprise us?

Neither of them is Peppermint, who I think still had another set of moves available even after the Season 8 Finale.

lgcty5
Jan 4, 2003

Pellisworth posted:

My first thought was "lol I hope Silky keeps spouting off about how she's ready to throw down in a lipsynch"

I mean, I'm sure Silky has a couple tricks but I have a hard time seeing how Yvie or Brooke won't trashcan anyone else this season in a lipsynch

I was wondering who would be able to take on Brooke because she moves. so. well. Yvie might have a shot, depending on the song? But yeah, nothing anybody else has shown so far comes close to what those two just did. And I have to assume they both have more they haven't shown yet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That was one of the best lipsyncs i've ever seen. The goddamn strength both of them showed, esp. Yvie with her condition. Goddamn.

Also either of Nina or Shuga was robbed. gently caress Silky. She was just doing herself in the Snatch Game, there was no character there despite TS Madison (what I gleamed from a few clips just now) being a mirror. Blech. I couldn't believe how cringey Yvie and Brooke's characters were though - yikes - Yvie at least had the voice but no material - Brooke was a loving disaster. Celine's accent is not that thick but aside from that there is no like, character with Celine - she's just an amazing singer.

A lot of queens from previous seasons tripped on this too - picking singers but like, doing noting with it cause there is nothing to work with - they have to go with larger than life beings. Future queens gotta put some more goddamn thought into it.

But yeah, the LSFYL was tops and there was no way in hell either of them were going home.

Looks like we got another gimp suit next week so I wonder who the hell that is.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

That was one of the best lipsyncs i've ever seen. The goddamn strength both of them showed, esp. Yvie with her condition. Goddamn.

Also either of Nina or Shuga was robbed. gently caress Silky. She was just doing herself in the Snatch Game, there was no character there despite TS Madison (what I gleamed from a few clips just now) being a mirror. Blech. I couldn't believe how cringey Yvie and Brooke's characters were though - yikes - Yvie at least had the voice but no material - Brooke was a loving disaster. Celine's accent is not that thick but aside from that there is no like, character with Celine - she's just an amazing singer.

A lot of queens from previous seasons tripped on this too - picking singers but like, doing noting with it cause there is nothing to work with - they have to go with larger than life beings. Future queens gotta put some more goddamn thought into it.

But yeah, the LSFYL was tops and there was no way in hell either of them were going home.

Looks like we got another gimp suit next week so I wonder who the hell that is.

Celine has a thick accent, it's just a thick French-Canadian accent and not that of a rural Canadian farmer.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

Celine Dion is amazing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Vintersorg posted:

Celine's accent is not that thick but aside from that there is no like, character with Celine - she's just an amazing singer.

lol what

Celine Dion is a comedy goldmine

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also HOT TAKE but I wasn't as blown away by the lip sync as everyone else, I guess. I mean it was phenomenal and both Brooke and Yvie are lit af but it felt like a gymnastics routine for a good chunk of it and not in an exciting way for me lmao

Def deserving of the double shantay tho

I was probably still moderately shook by Brooke doing her ruveal on the runway. I've seen her do it before and was expecting her to bust it out for the lip sync itself when I saw her in that outfit, then BAM bitch turned the runway into an excuse to perform and I was v much here for it.

e: seriously tho lol at saying celine has nothing to work with other than being a good singer. she's a notoriously hilarious weirdo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Apologies then as I've never paid attention to her nor follow her. I had no idea she was known as this weirdo. And I am Canadian too, haha.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also before I forget, Plastique's look was definitely a different piece than BLH's. They probably used the same designer pre-season, though-- he also did Trinity's plastic look in AS4!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

esperterra posted:

...he also did Trinity's plastic chewed-up gum look in AS4!

FTFY

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tea

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Vintersorg posted:

. Celine's accent is not that thick but aside from that there is no like, character with Celine - she's just an amazing singer.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Here's the two water looks:

E: Also, I had no idea she was this revered. Honestly. Like, aside from being popular - I had no idea, even after watching that video I am like - ok?

This is a funny post in retrospec:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/21a5v0/if_any_queen_took_any_random_lines_from_this_clip/

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 19, 2019

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Anyone listen Bob and Monet's podcast, Sibling Rivalry?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Pinwiz11 posted:

The best part of the episode (besides the whole LSFYL) is that both Brooke and Yvie have likely already used up their power-ups for the season. Just like we were already exposed to Eureka's Taint Swiffer and Kameron's splits way before the Finale, do they really have any other tricks to surprise us?

Neither of them is Peppermint, who I think still had another set of moves available even after the Season 8 Finale.

Brooke has more moves than what she did in this LSFYL.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Vintersorg posted:

Apologies then as I've never paid attention to her nor follow her. I had no idea she was known as this weirdo. And I am Canadian too, haha.

Oh my god you have no idea how crazy entertaining Celine is

watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXD4BGvPngM

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
God I just need them to stop giving silky the Latrice pass on repetitive looks

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
And like early 90's French Celine??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzaTyxMduH4

I'd kill for this lipsync.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
From what I'm reading everyone's dog piling on Plastique right now, something about even her drag voice bring fake too? Last week Untucked made me actually angry at the show which is the opposite reason I watch drag race so I'm just following the thread and other stuff I hear cause I can't deal with this season's queens.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Here's the two water looks:

Queen of wearing it better (also see: Plastique vs Vanjie bunny and winged looks)

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

Anyone listen Bob and Monet's podcast, Sibling Rivalry?

Yes I love it, especially when they're recording in the same room together, it's like another language. Bob is the truth, makes me laugh out loud all the time.

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress Silky. She was just doing herself in the Snatch Game, there was no character there

Very this. Same performance as Vanjie. But I feel like Ru is talking to and about Silky the same way as Tyra Sanchez, Bianca Del Rio, Bob the Drag Queen and some other season winners including saying for the snatch game 'that kid has it'(very telling Ru line throughout the years). Also I think Ru loves the fact that Silky has a PhD and it would get the big girl thing out of the way, I could see Silky winning it all, ugh.

Nobody transformed into another person which I enjoy most about Snatch Game. Nina should've stayed Harvey, the voice was killing me. Brooke Lynn could've been Tom Green or Detox with minimal effort. I think Plastique's one joke is funny! and another thing

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
there is no goddamn excuse for not bringing a well-rehearsed Snatch Game character

"I don't really do impersonations" is not a loving excuse

you know Snatch Game is coming. NO. EXCUSES.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Kicked Throat posted:

Very this. Same performance as Vanjie. But I feel like Ru is talking to and about Silky the same way as Tyra Sanchez, Bianca Del Rio, Bob the Drag Queen and some other season winners including saying for the snatch game 'that kid has it'(very telling Ru line throughout the years). Also I think Ru loves the fact that Silky has a PhD and it would get the big girl thing out of the way, I could see Silky winning it all, ugh.

Pls no. Hopefully those allegations are enough to convince Ru not to touch that idea with a 22-inch weave. I don't think I've ever disliked a queen where I couldn't even appreciate their positives. I liked messy S4 Phi Phi, appreciated Ra'jah and even Eureka. Silky is just delusional about her level of talent, petty, and obnoxious, and that's before going into her complete disregard for physical boundaries.

Kicked Throat posted:

Brooke Lynn could've been Tom Green or Detox with minimal effort. I think Plastique's one joke is funny! and another thing

She should've done quick-drag and been Katya :v:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm very sad Brooke never barked like a dog.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Alright my bff convinced me to sit through to enjoy the queens I like and gently caress off Akeria you ignorant poo poo

e: imagine going on national TV and not knowing what a mosque is and having zero familiarity with the immigrant experience that you start going after someone because you don't know what code switching is or the idea that immigrants don't automatically soak up pop culture you take for granted

Eej fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 20, 2019

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nina B Brown for AS5, S12, and beyond

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Like it's 2019 and it blows my mind that the production of a show for oppressed minorities thinks it's a good idea to let some ignorant southern queens harass immigrants

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

That was the first time Shuga has even registered on my radar in this entire season. What a fun Snatch Game (COOKATACO) and goddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that runway dress. That's just straight up my favorite color in general.

Yvie had the look and the voice down enough to be a little eerie, and then came to the game with gently caress all.

I will forever be baffled at the judges taking Vanjie down a peg for just being Vanjie and then handing the win over Silkie is some grade-A nonsense and I know she's just gonna keep getting a pass because as much as she rubs me the wrong way, girl knows how to work it. I just wish she had an off switch. They would have given Nina the win simply for the fact that she came out with her own loving printed cards and made Ru play Pyramid with her.

esperterra posted:

clea duvall can still get it
Speaking as a bi guy who has somehow managed to date more lesbians than dudes, this very much, thenkyou.

EDIT: Oh my god Untucked, Stoooooooooooooop doing flashbacks to Ra'jah.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 20, 2019

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

esperterra posted:

clea duvall can still get it
She was in my carpool when I was a sophomore in high school and was so unutterably cool, like the late-nineties version of what every hipster girl on the planet aspires to today, that I don't think I said a word to her for the whole year out of sheer terror.

Later on, when she was coming up as an actress and I was making a halfassed stab at it, we were adjudged to be a similar "type" so we were sent out for all the same commercial auditions and got to talking and I learned that she is actually very genuinely cool and nice and I felt like an rear end in a top hat for having been afraid of her in carpool. And I ran into her at Jinkx and Dela's Christmas show last year and she is still very cool and nice! So there's that.

I haven't watched this episode yet and I'm dreading it, but just wanted to shout out the second person I went to high school with who's been mentioned in this thread, after Dominique from Stolen Babies.

spite house fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 20, 2019

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

spite house posted:

She was in my carpool when I was a sophomore in high school and was so unutterably cool, like the late-nineties version of what every hipster girl on the planet aspires to today, that I don't think I said a word to her for the whole year out of sheer terror.

Later on, when she was coming up as an actress and I was making a halfassed stab at it, we were adjudged to be a similar "type" so we were sent out for all the same commercial auditions and got to talking and I learned that she is actually very genuinely cool and nice and I felt like an rear end in a top hat for having been afraid of her in carpool. And I ran into her at Jinkx and Dela's Christmas show last year and she is still very cool and nice! So there's that.

I haven't watched this episode yet and I'm dreading it, but just wanted to shout out the second person I went to high school with who's been mentioned in this thread, after Dominique from Stolen Babies.

pls ask Clea to be our thrife tia

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I stand by my opinion that Shuga, Vanjie, and Brooke all just seem like kind people who would also be fun to hang out with. I'm happy that Shuga seems to be coming into her own a bit more because she's really snuck up as a surprise favorite for me just for her attitude.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I feel like for the last couple of years every time they cut to Michelle Visage during the panel introduction, I am always taken aback by the classy lady on my television. Then I immediately load up the first page and cackle like an idiot.

(That picture still is everything forever.)

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Shuga looked SOOO good on the runway, goddamn. I hope she keeps doing so well, I've been really enjoying her, too.

Lmao at the camera cutting to Silky making poo poo faces every time someone else got positive critiques. I also agree that I'm not really able to enjoy anything she's doing, she rubs me the wrong way so bad. And I wanted to like her SO MUCH. I loved Rajah's dumb reality villian poo poo, but Silky isn't even an enjoyable villain for me. Her just blanking on Yvie when she was trying to apologize loving infuriated me. Not that she has to accept an apology or forgive Yvie, whatever, but she clearly doesn't have any respect for her if she's not even going to bother to hear her.

If Vanjie doesn't wear a gown or something next week Michelle is going to come over that desk and loving murder her.

godDAMN that lipsync

Next week's challenge looks good.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

jit bull transpile posted:

pls ask Clea to be our thrife tia

:same:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

I mean I'd invite you to make it four but I just can't be with someone who doesn't like sense8. You understand 💁🏽‍♀️

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hmmm I should get Clea then as you already have a waifu

e: speaking of clea she's one of the guests on the official recap podcast this week. unfortunately, so is eureka

esperterra fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

was proper transfixed for a minute there, what the gently caress

it’s perfect