Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tataru and Nanamo are the only non awful taters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Kerrzhe posted:

i love tataru you are all wrong she's the best

also i lied i'm an elf now :cool:

Welcome to the giraffe squad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Tataru and Nanamo are the only non awful taters.

What's wrong with Pippin? :(

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

i love tataru you are all wrong she's the best

also i lied i'm an elf now :cool:

Lol at adjusting your pince nez glasses by the earpiece.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

ImpAtom posted:

What's wrong with Pippin? :(

Nothing is wrong with him. Nothing at all. He's a big strong tater.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Not only is Tataru the best tater she's the best scion

:colbert:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Dear Squeenix: let me play the entire game with /gpose filters on, thanks in advance.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

bad opinions about lalafell itt

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Firebert posted:

She's also the ONLY Scion left standing at this point, it was a bit weird to see just Tataru amoung the crowd of side/no name characters in Waking Stones during the last cutscene of Stormblood

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

The Shame Boy posted:

She's also the ONLY Scion left standing at this point

WoL, chuckling: I'm in danger.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Truga posted:

I play IL-2, it's ww2 flight sim game with a decent online community, and as long as you have a key for an expansion, they give zero shits about its origins. You log into your account, you can fly a mig or spitfire you got in an expansion however you want wherever you bought it, the only difference is running the game through steam doesn't require me to enter my user/pass the first time I run it.

I also play a lot of path of exile, exact same deal there. I use their launcher now because steam is a bit slow in patching that single giant content file. The whole process in moving from steam was "create a password on our website, since you log in through steam you don't have one yet". I also have to log into the game through steam if i want achievements to update, apparently. Same deal with ubisoft's uplay, i had to figure that poo poo out on first install but now everything just works automagically.

What is true is that for IL-2, apparently steam contacted them and they're not allowed to sell steam keys through their own website any longer (they still show up on humble though IIRC), so now if you buy something on their website it won't show up as owned on steam. No idea what the deal is, but it doesn't affect the customer at all since you need all the latest content downloaded to play online anyway, expansions on steam are just product keys, just like with MMOs.

FF14 is one of the very weird holdouts here.

I imagine it may have to do with being able to pay your sub through Steam.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Firebert posted:

Tataru has definitely done more than any scion not the twins.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Dumping selfies of a new ronin SAM glam.

Hokkaido Anxiety fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 20, 2019

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
y'shtola shuts magni the gently caress down so that was pretty good

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

The Shame Boy posted:

She's also the ONLY Scion left standing at this point, it was a bit weird to see just Tataru amoung the crowd of side/no name characters in Waking Stones during the last cutscene of Stormblood

All of those side characters in the Rising Stones are formally Scions of the Seventh Dawn, they're just not the OG crowd. All of the survivors that are currently in a coma are related to Louisoix in some manner; Alisaie and Alphinaud by blood; Thancred, Y'shtola, and Urianger by the Archon tattoos they share. Lyse, notably, never had an actual tattoo, since it was Papalymo's magic. G'raha Tia does, though. :tinfoil:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I just met Hilda for the first time so I guess I'm in love with a video game character now, so just kill me whenever

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Hoary Boulder will save everyone.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Die Sexmonster! posted:

We'll find out all the changes in about a month anyway, I'm interested to see how they plan to make WHM easier

Do people think WHM is hard?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

WHM ... hard? Regen does 80% of your job.

Maybe the problem is that people think healing is hard, because WHM is by far the easiest.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

WHM in savage content can be hard for planning all your cure 3 casts but that’s all healers, really.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
WHM is a loving firehose of green numbers, anyone who says WHM healing is hard has other, unaddressed problems that are not WHM.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

SwissArmyDruid posted:

WHM is a loving firehose of green numbers, anyone who says WHM healing is hard has other, unaddressed problems that are not WHM.
this is making me imagine a healer class literally influenced by using a fire-hose: you can spew out heals at insane levels but it's super hard to actually control who's receiving them

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

That is WHM. Cure 3, especially. Like when a BLM will drop ley lines way away from the rest of the group, RDMs backflipping all over, poo poo like that.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

jokes posted:

That is WHM. Cure 3, especially. Like when a BLM will drop ley lines way away from the rest of the group, RDMs backflipping all over, poo poo like that.
Nah I mean, a firefighter can't be spraying the hose all over themselves, that's just crazy

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think directional aoe heals would be cool and good. I wanna do a dark passenger like ability where I just blast some green numbers at motherfuckers.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Edmond Dantes posted:

Yes, but do remember than Blizz 3 is cheaper and casts faster in Astral Fire 3, so you use Blizz 3 to go into your Umbral phase and not traspose (and likewise you use Fire 3 to go from Umbral to Astral before spamming F1 again). Reapply thunder during Umbral.

Yeah, I've noticed transpose just kind of goes away except as something to go back into umbral once the battle is over.

It feels like BLM is almost a completely new class at 60. In fooling around it looks like the rotation is going to be something like b3 -> t3 -> enochian -> b4 -> f3 -> f4 until astral fire is close to wearing out and then f1 -> f3 to restart the timer I guess and back to spamming f4 until mana is low? Sneak in ley lines when necessary while swiftcasting an f4 and sharpcasting the f1. Should the rotation always be interrupted by thundercloud procs?

Then aoe something like b3 -> T2/4 -> eno -> b4 -> f2 spam with a flare at the end when mana is low (then maybe freeze)? Maybe skip straight to t2 and f2 spam for low hp things.

I don't know, I'm really digging the way all of the different spells interact with each other and the abilities but I've had trouble finding rotation information that is not for level 70s or out-of-date for lower levels. It seems that flare is only really worth using in aoe situations when I am in astral fire and my mana is low, at which point I could consume afterwards and b3 back into umbral ice.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Transpose is still useful for spamming Flare as much as possible. Basically Flare is so much more powerful than Fire 2 that in aoe situations it's often better to transpose to Umbral Ice and get back to casting Flare asap rather than use up all your MP more efficiently.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

That actually sounds a lot more fun.

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

B3 -> Eno -> Thunder unless your ping is really really high. Sharp/Swift during a B3/F3/proc cast if possible since the clipping negates any dps increase from reduced cast times and ideally plan them for any required movement (as long as you're not holding them for so long it costs a use). Thundercloud for movement/oGCDs, when thunder has <6s left on enemies or in umbral.

The 60 rotation is B3 -> T3 -> B4 -> F3 -> 3xF4 -> F1 -> 3xF4 -> repeat, procs sprinkled in as appropriate, so basically what you said. With decent spellspeed or in leylines you can sneak in a T3p wherever. Without a thunder proc there is a bit of waiting for MP for the T3 cast after B3 unless you're really lucky with tics but I don't think you can do much about that.

Fire2 and Freeze generally aren't used at all so the AoE rotation is B3 -> T2/4 -> F3 -> Flare (Transpose) -> repeat. Fire2 can be a dps increase on really big pulls and Freeze at the start of a pull if you can pre-cast it so it hits just after things become targetable but otherwise ignore both. Your main source of damage is Flare because it's just that much better than anything else.

Also I'm bad so this could all be wrong. Use at your own risk!

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I will say that, at level 64 WHM, I no longer worry about keeping everyone alive because you just get so much to throw on everyone (hell, I'm finally at the point in the game with the stacking damage mechanics so I finally have a use for Cure 3!). I'm more worried about getting hit with an AOE and being one- or maybe two-shotted.

Hell, I'm not even needed in some instances. I did Sirensong Sea for the first time the other day; at the last boss I thought I positioned myself correctly for that advance/retreat thing but hosed up and died when the boss was just at 75 percent health. The paladin and RDM in the group kept them and the fourth (NIN I think it was) alive for the remainder of the fight :eyepop:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
[Confused, distressed Dragoon noises]

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Re: BLM rotations.

For the lower level aoe rotation I believe you still want to use Fire II in something like T4 -> F3 -> 3x F2 -> Flare -> Transpose. Using 4 casts for a single Flare just isn't very efficient. Using Convert and maybe an Ether for extra Flares at the end is always good though, especially when you get Triplecast.

Once you get Enhanced Umbral Heart at 68 you'll add a Blizzard IV and switch to double Flare instead of Fire II for T4 -> B4 -> F3 -> 2x Flare -> Transpose. It's technically worth doing 2x F2 before the Flares on 10+ targets, but it's a very small increase that you probably shouldn't worry about.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I think the only thing that could be considered a point towards WHM being hard is that their OGCDs have pretty hefty base cooldowns. Even Tetra has...20s? more cooldown time than Essential Dignity.

On the other hand, they have a lot of them they can space out.

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

[Confused, distressed Dragoon noises]

Blame the healers and demand everyone mitigate moar so you can do dumb poo poo without tanking the floor.

The important part's the same, it just the dumb poo poo that changes. Also I will never get the DRG oGCD stuff so the feeling is mutual.

Xerophyte posted:

Re: BLM rotations.

For the lower level aoe rotation I believe you still want to use Fire II in something like T4 -> F3 -> 3x F2 -> Flare -> Transpose. Using 4 casts for a single Flare just isn't very efficient. Using Convert and maybe an Ether for extra Flares at the end is always good though, especially when you get Triplecast.

Once you get Enhanced Umbral Heart at 68 you'll add a Blizzard IV and switch to double Flare instead of Fire II for T4 -> B4 -> F3 -> 2x Flare -> Transpose. It's technically worth doing 2x F2 before the Flares on 10+ targets, but it's a very small increase that you probably shouldn't worry about.

Fire2 was removed from the 50/60 AoE rotation with the reduction of Transpose's cooldown because Flare really is that good.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Do people think WHM is hard?

No, DS is making a joke. As touched on by others regen does most of the work so WHM is an introduction to maximizing dps through reducing downtime. Benison is on a 30s cooldown & tetra is a 60s one... I can drag anything but the worst/greediest tanks through EXDR pretty much with those 3 abilities.

In other news, I’m getting my last crafting class to 50 this weekend, and then I’ll need another dps class to take to 70 so I can level my gatherers during the queue. I’ve got WAR, WHM, MNK, BLM to 70. Any recommendations?

e:vv I have been playing sekiro...

Chakan fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 20, 2019

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Study the blade.

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

Chakan posted:

In other news, I’m getting my last crafting class to 50 this weekend, and then I’ll need another dps class to take to 70 so I can level my gatherers during the queue. I’ve got WAR, WHM, MNK, BLM to 70. Any recommendations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I685CIJkt7U

EDIT: Oh it's already 70. Pain and Shadowflares totally count though, so SMN

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
New shirt is good

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

jokes posted:

WHM ... hard? Regen does 80% of your job.

Maybe the problem is that people think healing is hard, because WHM is by far the easiest.

I've never played SCH so I have to assume their heals only go off after you've done some actual calculus.

Leofish posted:

New shirt is good

Hipsters!! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Since no one pointed it out yet and there were some legit confused people, the "whm hard" comment was a reference to yoship saying they intend on making whm easier. No further comments have been made, but yes it sounds really stupid so hopefully it was just a poor translation or something.