Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Since i’m never going to not use the clown suit, i just goof around in most ETs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Since i’m never going to not use the clown suit, i just goof around in most ETs

i alternate between santa and clown

the former has more unique comments, but they're both about as apropos

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Danaru posted:

WHAT THE, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS?? IT LOOKS LIKE AN OCTOPUS I CANT FIX THIS!!

*pushes the on button and returns to his patrol route*

Story of my life.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I try to finish ETs at all costs, I usually don't care about silent assassin

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Hung out in the Crypt until the ET started to head back up to the church. Hit his bodyguard with an emetic as they were walking out, he left to puke off the pier, jabbed the ET with lethal midway up the stairs. Radically different than my strategy last time where I did the same thing, but on their way down to the crypt instead of back up.

Is there any way to be alerted when new ETs go live? I've been pretty busy this season and already missed one. Wasn't there supposed to be an app or something

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Tried to do the crypt poison kill, but missed the short window to coin the ET into the side-room. I ended up following him into the cathedral proper, coining his guard to look the other way and lethal poisoned the ET but I guess I was just a second too slow because I got a silent kill but also compromised.

Sprinted outta there, left via boat.

No silent assassin, but a kill is a kill. Still 1 SA away from my winter suit. :argh:

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i alternate between santa and clown

the former has more unique comments, but they're both about as apropos

From my very first playthrough of the level:

The only person, perhaps unsurprisingly, to not be happy to see Santa was Old Man Wilkins yelling at him to get off his lawn.

So he got a special package in his eggnog.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I hosed up the SA after perfectly killing the target. I was running to the boat and wanted to vault over a railing but instead dumped a civilian next to me into the water...

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Sininu posted:

I hosed up the SA after perfectly killing the target. I was running to the boat and wanted to vault over a railing but instead dumped a civilian next to me into the water...

Accident kill

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Still counts against SA in Hitman. It didn't in Blood Money, but it does in Hitman (TM)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, you can't get away with "I didn't slaughter an entire coastal town, the ground did" in H.I.T.M.A.N.

Aug 24, 2011

landslide is a really good level, if you kill abiatti a very large amount of the bodyguards across the map suddenly change their routines

the guards outside the town hall for instance will all leave. one of them will go and buy an icecream, one goes into the basement and swears at his phone, and another one goes up and does yoga with the hippy. it rules

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Forgot to menttion the target was the Prince, the current ET.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
The Prince: After trying to get close at least 6 times and getting caught at the worst times, I got frustrated and decided to pack the wood-accented Sieger and see if I could find a place to use it. I went up the town hall (starting in the basement with the ice cream guy), took out the cameras, and went up the tower. I got lucky and zoomed in to check out the church just in time for the target to appear. One headshot, retraced my steps back down the town hall, changed back into my starting outfit, and drove the little car to freedom. No SA, but it was quick and satisfying.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I just killed the prince in the most boring way, KOing the priest and the prince's main bodyguard, stashing them in the security room, then waiting there for the prince to walk past to garrotte him.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Why can't you stab someone with a poison needle after having knocked them out? It makes no sense.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

where the red fern gropes posted:

another one goes up and does yoga with the hippy.

Haha, that's loving awesome.

Aug 24, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Haha, that's loving awesome.

play The Author and repair the crypt equipment so the Ghostly Fan can meet craig black, and after the meeting he'll go to the hippy's place to smoke a bong with him

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Went with the classic 'follow the guy through door and shut it to temporarily break LOS with the bodyguard on the way out of the crypt then stab with poison and run like hell before the bodyguard catches up.' worked for me last time and this time too

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

marktheando posted:

I just killed the prince in the most boring way, KOing the priest and the prince's main bodyguard, stashing them in the security room, then waiting there for the prince to walk past to garrotte him.

Mine was like this too, they really should do something about those stairs... Anyone is liable to slip and accidentally shoot themselves in the head.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i got it by syringing the prince in that downstairs entry room, there was a window where his guard was behind him long enough that i closed the door and stabbed him real quick. I had the priest KOed in the server room because i was initially trying to work something out in the main church hall, so when i was walking out and gota "body found" notification i panicked, but i still got silent assassin so i think that was just for the bodyguard finding the targets body not the priest. I also wasnt seen by the priest but idk if that affects the silent assassin or not

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Finally found the barbershop in Mumbai, now i can steal the owners uniform and do the “shave customers” challenge. lolling that you get a ton of coins ingame for doing it

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Finally found the barbershop in Mumbai, now i can steal the owners uniform and do the “shave customers” challenge. lolling that you get a ton of coins ingame for doing it

Make sure you pick up the photo of the M before you go for a shaving marathon, and do not kill him. After 14 customers, I was pretty miffed that the M didn't show.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Lube Enthusiast posted:

It's a good way to get the "buy all the cloth samples" challenge, too.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Pennfalath posted:

Make sure you pick up the photo of the M before you go for a shaving marathon, and do not kill him. After 14 customers, I was pretty miffed that the M didn't show.

Quoting for importance.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Pennfalath posted:

You don't need his photo, it's extremely obvious from the dialogue who he is so shave him and then kill him. But there was a problem that if you blueball him in the waiting line long enough he'll just leave and never return (unlike other customers), making the challenge impossible.

Aug 24, 2011

Pyromancer posted:

You don't need his photo, it's extremely obvious from the dialogue who he is so shave him and then kill him. But there was a problem that if you blueball him in the waiting line long enough he'll just leave and never return (unlike other customers), making the challenge impossible.

i don't recall any patch notes saying that that's changed, so you need his photo to make sure you pick him otherwise you'll fail the challenge

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

i don't recall any patch notes saying that that's changed, so you need his photo to make sure you pick him otherwise you'll fail the challenge
You can also identify him by his gait if you're watching them approach the barber stand in instinct. The Maelstrom walks faster than other NPCs. He also almost always comes from the same place.

Aug 24, 2011

the holy man follows the maelstrom around too, right? not exactly but he's always near

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

the holy man follows the maelstrom around too, right? not exactly but he's always near

Yup, where the Maelstrom goes, the Holy Man follows.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

What’s the easiest way to get the Holy Man disguise? The only safe spot i’ve seen to knock him out is that one alley near the gang’s sewer entrance, near the sick actor

Aug 24, 2011

Lube Enthusiast posted:

What’s the easiest way to get the Holy Man disguise? The only safe spot i’ve seen to knock him out is that one alley near the gang’s sewer entrance, near the sick actor

for me i started as a street vendor and identified the maelstrom - he comes from your left, across the bridge - and the holy man is forward and to your right, and then follows the maelstrom. they eventually come near a public toilet at around 1:30 and you can lure the holy man in there, nobody comes in.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It is actually possible to start on the Skywalk (the Maelstrom spawns in the square right below you) and KO both the Holy Man and Maelstrom in the alley they walk into at the start, then dump both in the trash bin that's right there. It's a little fiddly because the Maelstrom's faster walking is somewhat inconsistent and the two can cross over or be too close to each other, but it does work semi-reliably.

Try a contract with the Maelstrom as a target, it's a lot easier since he'll appear on instinct.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

To get the challenge where you shave everyone, don't you need to shave the Maelstrom successfully (IE don't kill him)? I haven't ticked this one off yet, as the one time I tried, I also killed him after shaving him and the challenge didn't pop. I stuck around to shave more people but it never happened, so I assumed you needed to be a non murderous barber.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Nakar posted:

It is actually possible to start on the Skywalk (the Maelstrom spawns in the square right below you) and KO both the Holy Man and Maelstrom in the alley they walk into at the start, then dump both in the trash bin that's right there. It's a little fiddly because the Maelstrom's faster walking is somewhat inconsistent and the two can cross over or be too close to each other, but it does work semi-reliably.

Try a contract with the Maelstrom as a target, it's a lot easier since he'll appear on instinct.

This worked, thank you. This is way better than tailing him for like 5 minutes through the markets

edit: If you toss a coin in the alley, Maelstrom will instruct the Holy Man to pick it up and it’ll create some space between them

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Apr 20, 2019

Aug 24, 2011

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

To get the challenge where you shave everyone, don't you need to shave the Maelstrom successfully (IE don't kill him)? I haven't ticked this one off yet, as the one time I tried, I also killed him after shaving him and the challenge didn't pop. I stuck around to shave more people but it never happened, so I assumed you needed to be a non murderous barber.

yes, but if he comes to the stall and you don't shave him the first time, he won't come back a second time, so you can't finish the challenge. that's why you want the photo, so you can pick him out and make sure to shave him

i missed out on the challenge because i didn't realise this was a thing, and tried to save him for later (which doesn't work because he's a huge loser jerk)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shaving him when you haven't figured out his identity yet is great, because he's dropping all these cryptic hints in his booming voice and 47's just going,"How about that" and "Very good, sir" at him.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
How much of a reboot actually IS Hitman 2016/2018? They pretty clearly reference a bunch of stuff from blood money and I'm pretty sure the first two games. Did they reboot out Absolution and keep everything else? Is it a reboot at all or did they just decide to call the sixth and seventh games "Hitman" and "Hitman 2"?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
They just decided to call the sixth and seventh games "Hitman" and "Hitman 2"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Honestly, I get the implication that it barely counts as a reboot at all, it just follows its own story that seems to be expanding on 47's already complicated origin rather than overwriting it. (in particular I think the emphasis is on how 47 was raised and trained rather than his creation; he's still genetically engineered and all, that's just not the dramatic focus. I think the Shadow Client is meant to have been a control in the experiment)