Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

:jerkbag:

Fwiw I tend to be one of the most WWE-apologist people here and I'm literally mad Lars is back and want him to go away forever, gently caress him.

IMO he gives Hogan a run for his money which is WOOF.

Maybe in terms of the vileness of their opinions but Lars would need years of loving over the boys in ways that are still being felt decades later to match the Hulkster.

Never let the fact that Hogan is a racist obscure the fact that he's also a loving rat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thauros post ring of honor spoilers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

thauros post ring of honor spoilers

None of the sites have posted it

One guess why

https://twitter.com/fujiiheya/status/1117200447734013952

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

As someone who watches neither, are we seriously approaching the point where TNA is better than ROH? Christ

e: also apparently the crowd filled in after? https://twitter.com/thauros_/status/1117268280891383810?s=21 Still tho, at this rate it could be a picture of an ROH taping held a year from now

Venomous fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 14, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, Taven/Rush isn't a bad idea, but despite the CMLL ties, it doesn't feel like ROH makes any attempt to pull a Latinx audience (shocking for a Sinclair brand, I know).

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Venomous posted:

As someone who watches neither, are we seriously approaching the point where TNA is better than ROH? Christ
Given the streaming issues they’ve been having, TNA is in no danger of overtaking ROH. It just helps that ROH is visible whereas our only window into TNA is dudes who post summaries full of “a fun brawl” or “one to catch later”

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Venomous posted:

lol no, tna attendances are awful and morrison and callihan aren't draws as the top stars

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

lmao fair, I'm willing to believe that they're both still awful and struggling to draw money tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finally have ROH spoilers

Jenny Rose defeats Lady Frost in the dark match
Flip Gordon's named the #1 contender to the world title before taping starts, he gets his shot during taping

Jonathan Gresham defeats Silas Young by DQ after Silas uses the ring bell
PJ Black defeats Eli Isom
Kelly Klein retains the WOH title over Rae Lyn. Postmatch the Allure beat up Klein
Dalton Castle beats up The Boys and takes their masks after saying they need him, he doesn't need them
Mark Haskins and Tracy Williams defeat Vinny Marseglia and TK O'Ryan
Bandido defeats Shane Taylor. Postmatch the Sons of Savagery (Bishop Khan and Malcolm Moses) beat up Lifeblood
Marty Scurll calls out Nick Aldis and wants a fight. Aldis declines and gets his fingers broken
Briscoes interrupt a Future of Honor match and beat down both scrubs
The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser and Brian Malonis) win a three-way tag match also involving Coast 2 Coast (LSG and Shaheem Ali) and Shinobi Shadow Squad (Cheeseburger and Ryan Nova)
Josh Woods defeats a jobber named Barry Horowitz Jr
Villain Enterprises retain the trios titles over Jay Lethal, Jeff Cobb and Rush. Postmatch Lethal is attacked by Kenny King
Briscoes defeat Caristico and Soberano Jr
Matt Taven retains the world title over Flip

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Hmmm, those are some booking choices !

Was there any mention of N2Enzo Now or whatever they're called? Unless they're doing some weird tweener poo poo with the Briscoes the spoilers would imply that they're either coming in as faces (which would be INSANE) or those plans got deep sixed. One can hope

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 15, 2019

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

nope no sign of nZo or CazXL at al.

also not that it really matters but i'm pretty sure silas won the match as the ref didn't see the second foreign object.

first half of the taping was wretched but things did improve with the bigger matches at the end. trios title match was good and super over in the building

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

When does Scurll's contract expire?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Venomous posted:

When does Scurll's contract expire?

The two conflicting dates I keep on hearing are end of April and October. Does anyone know if ROH owns his music, gonna be hard to come up with an equally good theme when he leaves.

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 15, 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well just wait until we hear what they cooked up to replace Devil's Sky I'm sure it won't suck at all....

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Tomahawk posted:

The two conflicting dates I keep on hearing are end of April and October. Does anyone know if ROH owns his music, gonna be come up with an equally good theme when he leaves.

He owns his music from what I understand.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rDzEHFafI

Hi Kairi

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Surprising almost no one, Alexander Wolfe is now on NXT UK

Also:

https://twitter.com/WhatSunnn_/status/1119325357625217024

(Aichner & Barthel)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Midnightghoul posted:

Surprising almost no one, Alexander Wolfe is now on NXT UK

That surprises me. That tweet made me think he was leaving WWE altogether.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So are they actually calling it Ringkampf in NXT? If so, heck yes. Either way, a stable with WALTER, Aichner, Barthel and Wolfe is already full of amazing talent, and if they’re still committed to keeping die matte hellig, that makes it all the better.

e: wait, sorry, misread, thought you were saying Wolfe was part of WALTER’s new stable now lmao

Venomous fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 21, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Venomous posted:

So are they actually calling it Ringkampf in NXT? If so, heck yes. Either way, a stable with WALTER, Aichner, Barthel and Wolfe is already full of amazing talent, and if they’re still committed to keeping die matte heilig, that makes it all the better.

e: wait, sorry, misread, thought you were saying Wolfe was part of WALTER’s new stable now lmao

I'd assume they'll keep the name. British Strong Style just use that name in NXT.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I still can't believe how Sanity killed it in that War Game match, they get brought up to the main roster, and they decide to do absolutely nothing with them. They didn't even try.

-Announced during the April 2018 Shakeup
-Do nothing until June
-Win an Extreme Rules Pre Show Tables Match against New Day in July
-Wrestle matches on Smackdown through August for New Day to get their wins back.
-Do nothing until being added to a Survivor Series Pre Show Tag Match in November.
-Do nothing until being brought back to lose to Miz as Shane's lackeys in February
-Broken up in the April 2019 Shakeup

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I remember hearing something that the main reason Sanity was called up was because they were planned to be part of a tag team MITB match, but then the match ended up not happening and they never came up with new plans.

It especially sucks that it seems they’re keeping Dain and Cross on separate brands, which is atypical treatment for married couples.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Astro7x posted:

I still can't believe how Sanity killed it in that War Game match, they get brought up to the main roster, and they decide to do absolutely nothing with them. They didn't even try.

-Announced during the April 2018 Shakeup
-Do nothing until June
-Win an Extreme Rules Pre Show Tables Match against New Day in July
-Wrestle matches on Smackdown through August for New Day to get their wins back.
-Do nothing until being added to a Survivor Series Pre Show Tag Match in November.
-Do nothing until being brought back to lose to Miz as Shane's lackeys in February
-Broken up in the April 2019 Shakeup

WWE only have 700 hours of content to fill every week though so its understandable some people just miss out.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That surprises me. That tweet made me think he was leaving WWE altogether.

He probably saw that WALTER was successful in his request, tried to the get the same deal (only work NXT UK and live in Germany) and was successful as well.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Venomous posted:

Lucky for you he just joined anyway

https://twitter.com/DeiOwen/status/1119695134533271559

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yeah and they are calling this version of Ring Kampf as Imperium

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Thats an extremely good stable btw

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Is that a house show or a taping? Is all NXT UK stuff full of empty seats like that these days? Looks like a Smackdown Taping.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tato posted:

Is that a house show or a taping? Is all NXT UK stuff full of empty seats like that these days? Looks like a Smackdown Taping.

Taping and the hard can side was absolutely barren, yes.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Gaz-L posted:

Taping and the hard can side was absolutely barren, yes.

It's Glasgow on a weekend most people are probably with their sheep

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Guess they'll be the heels for War Games

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Guess they'll be the heels for War Games

That'll be cool and I hope that happens.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NXT UK

Qualifying matches announced for a fatal 4 way to determine the UK champ's #1 contender. In the meantime, Pete Dunne gets his rematch with WALTER
Tyler Bate and Trent Seven defeat Wild Boar and Primate
Joe Coffey defeats Flash Morgan Webster to advance
Nina Samuels squashes Kasey Owens
WALTER retains the UK title over Dunne after Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel interfere
Piper Niven defeats Jamie Hayter
Jordan Devlin defeats Ligero to advance
Ilja Dragunov debuts and defeats Jack Starz
Amir Jordan got attacked backstage, out of the night's main event tag match
Killer Kelly vs Xia Brookside ends in no contest after Jinny and Jazzy Gabert debut and attack both
Dave Mastiff defeats Wolfgang to advance. Postmatch Gallus (Wolfgang and the Coffeys) attack Mastiff
Travis Banks defeats Joseph Conners to advance
Zack Gibson and James Drake retain the tag titles over Kenny Williams and Noam Dar (Amir's announced replacement)

WALTER, Aichner and Barthel announce their stable, Imperium ("absolute power"). British Strong Style come out, brawl and stand tall
Mark Coffey and Wolfgang defeat Team WhiteWolf (A-Kid and Carlos Romo)
Kassius Ohno defeats Jack Gallagher
Toni Storm retains the women's title over Nina
Boar and Primate defeat Tyson T-Bone and Saxon Huxley. Postmatch Gallus attack Boar and Primate
Imperium defeat British Strong Style after Alexander Wolfe makes his NXTUK debut and interferes, joining Imperium
Kay Lee Ray defeats Kasey
Dar defeats Mark Andrews
Gibson and Drake announce they'll defend the tag titles at Download Festival
Jinny and Jazzy defeat Xia and Isla Dawn
Dragunov defeats Conners
Banks wins the fourway against Joe Coffey, Mastiff and Devlin, and is the new #1 contender to WALTER

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Obviously that should've read hard cam (was phone posting)

Spoilers/trip report:

This was my first time at the Braehead Arena and boy it was probably a bad choice for these tapings. It's way too big for the kind of crowds NXT UK has been drawing for TV. I assume they went with it because the main roster uses it for house shows and thus the company has a relationship in place?

Dark match was BT Gunn vs Kenny Williams. Both guys were very over, especially Gunn as a big ICW guy. Fun little match with Williams going over as he's the dude getting pushed on TV.

Pleasantly surprised that Nigel and Vic were actually there live. If they've been there for prior tapings then WWE have screwed up majorly because they always look super-greenscreened.

Taping started with a recap of the previous day's taping with Dunne losing his title rematch because of interference. Then Walter, Barthel and Aichner come out for a promo, and declare their new WWE name as Imperium (probably for the best, I know Ringkampf is basically just German for wrestling, but it's bad optics in the English speaking world) before British Strong Style come out and have a pull apart before Sid (no Johnny Saint on this taping) comes out to declare that there will be a 6 man later. The Europeans got great heat, doing the 'start to talk and the crowd boos to drown it out' bit for a long time, and the faces were beloved, although people were slower on the draw than I thought to realise where it was heading.

Gallus (Mark and Wolfgang) beat Team White Wolf in what was basically a squash. I think I was literally the only person in the building who knew who the Spaniards were. A-Kid bumped his butt off, but they were clearly there as job guys. Gallus were very over as faces, but worked mostly as heels throughout the night (with one major exception)

Ohno beat Jack Gallagher in a really fun match that was 100% not what a big chunk of the crowd was there to see. A theme was basically a lot of families and ICW fans at this show who basically know the folk from the main roster, from NXT Takeovers, and maybe from ICW, and anyone not in that group got very little reaction. There was some vocal Jack fans, but they worked a very British catch wrestling match for most of it, before getting into big strikes at the end (and one possibly too goofy spot where Jack headbutted Ohno and then Ohno fell on him in a pseudo-senton) and this was not a crowd who had much interest and/or grounding in that sort of match, and not seeing Jack as a star hurt it.

Toni Storm beat Nina Samuels with the Storm Zero to retain the UK women's belt. I binged the UK show to prepare for the tapings and even so I had 0 clue if Samuels was a face or heel going into this. She's also completely the kind of woman WWE love. Her gimmick seems to be the typical 'I'm super hot and arrogant' bit, and she can do a very pretty cartwheel... and most of the rest of her offence is snapmares and iffy looking forearms. Crowd loved Toni and had NO clue about Nina. Match was decently long and probably too long given how little the people were invested in the heel.

That was the main event of the first episode taped tonight.

Ep 2 has The Hunt (Wild Boar/Primate) squash Tyson T-Bone and Saxton Huxley before brawling with Gallus and being left laying by the announce desk. I like the Hunt, and they seem to be gelling better. They did a double diving headbutt to finish this match, which is much better than the weird pop-up back suplex they used on TV a few weeks back. Their gear is weird though. I think it's supposed to be mostly matching but with furred bits to represent their name sake animal. Gallus were 100% cheered here despite being positioned as the heels attacking from behind.

Imperium beat British Strong Style after a ref bump and a run-in by a masked man who was revealed as Alexander Wolfe before power-bombing Dunne to let Walter pin him. Great match with tons of heat, but that shouldn't shock anyone. Feel kind of bad for Aichner, who got a lot of 'baldy' chants. And weirdly laid out as Trent did way more loud chops than Walter, and they also teased Tyler giving Walter the airplane spin but never really paid it off.

I think that might be ep 2? They did tape stuff for the opening of another episode somewhere here.

Kay Lee Ray beat Kasey Owens. Despite being a heel on TV, KLR worked mostly clean here. She was very over, obviously, but a few people knew Owens too. Decent little match which KLR won with the Gory bomb.

Noam Dar beat Mark Andrews in a fun match with good heat due to Dar being an ICW alum and getting lots of chants. I'm 95% sure no-one in the room had any clue about the injury in their last match so the angle where Dar faked being hurt to sucker-punch Andrews at the finish didn't get over as big as I think they assumed it would, but it worked fine, albeit it got a big pop not heel heat.

Grizzled Young Vets came out, Gibson cut a promo about them defending the titles at Download. Usual good delivery, usual shoes off and chants.

Jinny and Jazzy beat Xia Brookside and Isla Dawn. Isla got more out of being a local girl than I thought. Clearly a showcase match for the Jinny/Jazzy pairing, basically Jazzy throws around puny little ladies and then tags Jinny in to get the cheap pin after a Dominator.

Ilja Dragunov beat Joseph Connors. My first time seeing Ilja and he absolutely has it. Boatloads of charisma, his poo poo looks good and his character work is excellent. Sadly a lot of people in my section had no clue who he was, although his air-conducting shtick seems to be known and/or has gotten over quick as a lot of people ringside joined in.

Travis Banks won a hectic but fun four way over Devlin, Joe Coffey and Mastiff. Joe worked as a total babyface here. Devlin and Banks did a fun sequence where Devlin threw one of the big lads in front of himself to block a dive and then slid into the ring to hit a dive of his own. Devlin is a great smug little poo poo as a heel, and I'd assumed he was winning, but instead Banks won with the Kiwi Crusher about 2-3 minutes after the match really peaked, but it was still very good. Someone must've gotten busted open too, as ref had gloves on at the end.

No post-show dark match.

Show was well paced and obviously had a level of professionalism you'd expect, but again, the building was 100% a bad call. Shout-out to the American lady who was right behind me and seemed to be one of the few who was up on the product and was super-into everything. It could've been annoying, but honestly, it made the show a lot more fun to have someone so enthusiastic giving running commentary throughout.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imperium is a cool-rear end stable name if they weren't gonna stick with Ringkampf

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

prolly want to get away from the kampf part even if it is just german for Fight.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I really do believe that's the dumbest argument ever.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I really do believe that's the dumbest argument ever.

this is less me presenting an argument because i think its really dumb too and more "This is probably what the company that doesnt use the words Belt, Hospital, or Tournament would come up with."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The hospital thing I at least understand, even if I don't think their solution really deals with the issue it's supposed to address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

this is less me presenting an argument because i think its really dumb too and more "This is probably what the company that doesnt use the words Belt, Hospital, or Tournament would come up with."

I got ya. Tournament really is the funniest one. What is their logic on that one again?