Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

etalian posted:

Joe Biden

etalian posted:

a hands off approach

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

etalian posted:

Best bit was when the Vice reporter whined about the how it was the most negative campaign being run right now.

As if people like Kissinger or Joe Biden deserve a hands off approach

If only there was a candidate that is willing to address the positive aspects of our many war criminals

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Maximo Roboto posted:

lmao, I didn't know he was that old. Howard Zinn is 87 as well, dang

this is the funniest post in cspam atm lol

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Gravel is giving rolling papers for every $4.20 donation today.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Edward Mass posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1119420418320769024

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

As a single issue weed vaping voter who never combusts, he has sadly lost my vote.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is amazing

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I did it

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1119619565812580352

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i remember when bernie called hillary out for her Kissinger stanning, and it actually backfired on him like i knew several people irl who felt like bernie was the one who had hosed up like... a lot of americans don't know how bad and evil Kissinger is, i think...

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"You're just using my Twitter account and I don't mind being used!" - Mike Gravel

Take that, every goon freaking out over elder abuse. He loves it!

Good job, rude teens.

basic hitler posted:

i remember when bernie called hillary out for her Kissinger stanning, and it actually backfired on him like i knew several people irl who felt like bernie was the one who had hosed up like... a lot of americans don't know how bad and evil Kissinger is, i think...

that's why it's better that gravel is there to sling the real attacks while bernie can stand by and laugh

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
They sold out in two hours. Gravel is going to make the stage.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Reprisal posted:

They sold out in two hours. Gravel is going to make the stage.

lmao

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
I enjoy the attempt to DQ him for being a truther. Total decorum move by Vice.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
being a truther is good actually. bush rumsfeld cheney and house saud did 911

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

2013 lurker rereg posted:

I enjoy the attempt to DQ him for being a truther. Total decorum move by Vice.

yeah lol the current president of the US was the head of the birther movement

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The thing about those conspiracies is that there will never really be enough evidence to prove it but it so totally fits with what we do actually know of letter agency action and bush family history that i cant like fault anyone for making the leaps even if i cant like let myself go that far without more proof.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
50/50 the rude teens are going to get Mike to hit a whippet on tik tok

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he looks really good considering he's old af

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I liked his line that he used people as a politician for years so he’s cool with being used by the rude teens

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the rude teens own

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1120025219870154753

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

the young princes have risen

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1120049917899227138

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1120071149210284037

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/rainer_shea/status/1119847156947415040

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SusanSarandon/status/1120383982208679936

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

People should donate just so he can be a Chris Christie like character in the Dem primary who could take out some of the centrist candidates like Buttigieg

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SnhZSOm_AM

TEEN KINGMAKERS

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Vote for Bernie when the time comes but if you get polled say you’re 100% voting for Gravel

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

Vote for Bernie when the time comes but if you get polled say you’re 100% voting for Gravel

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/samhusseini/status/1120804059768918016

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

This tweet just got deleted? I right-clicked to reply in a new window, so I had the tweet still up for the screenshot.

That vice piece is pretty ludicrous. They couldn't have found a more smarmy jackass to do the report?

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I finally put in my dollar. I hope he makes it to the debates

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019
He's running to win. After accidentally sending "gently caress Henry Kissinger" again, we got the real subject:
https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1122893305719730177

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

who is seth moulton

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

2013 lurker rereg posted:

He's running to win. After accidentally sending "gently caress Henry Kissinger" again, we got the real subject:
https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1122893305719730177

:ck5:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I kinda hope that's just a strategic announcement to get rid of the dismissive "He's just a protest candidate that doesn't belong in the debates," and as a way of getting actual concessions from left sympathetic candidates. A cynical Sanders campaign for example could just say "We don't need to change anything, we're automatically getting Gravel's endorsement" for if Mike is set to auto-drop out after the second primary and just endorse the left-most candidate.
Gravel has a ton of problems that don't matter when he's not really gonna be president, and unless his platform is "I am a mentally feeble old man, and these rude and rowdy teens are gonna use me as a literal puppet to make good things happen," he's not gonna fly as a real candidate

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 19:24 on Apr 29, 2019

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I will vote for two rowdy teens using grampa as a marionette though

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Coolness Averted posted:

I kinda hope that's just a strategic announcement to get rid of the dismissive "He's just a protest candidate that doesn't belong in the debates," and as a way of getting actual concessions from left sympathetic candidates. A cynical Sanders campaign for example could just say "We don't need to change anything, we're automatically getting Gravel's endorsement" for example if Mike is set to auto-drop out after the second primary and just endorse the left-most candidate.
Gravel has a ton of problems that don't matter when he's not really gonna be president, and unless his platform is "I am a mentally feeble old man, and these rude and rowdy teens are gonna use me as a literal puppet to make good things happen," he's not gonna fly as a real candidate

good thing he's already said that exact same thing in the vox interview

e: also it's exactly for that reason. Bernie doesn't need to move left because the left has no where else to go but the joke candidate gravel or warren who won't stop stepping on rakes. actually running let's him peel off some people from bernie in polls and forces bernie to at least take a more forceful stand on imperialism.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

really queer Christmas posted:

good thing he's already said that exact same thing in the vox interview

e: also it's exactly for that reason. Bernie doesn't need to move left because the left has no where else to go but the joke candidate gravel or warren who won't stop stepping on rakes. actually running let's him peel off some people from bernie in polls and forces bernie to at least take a more forceful stand on imperialism.

Was there a more recent interview in light of the new announcement? Just curious, but hell this is also what Sanders did in 2016. When he first started running it literally was just to shift the overton window, but he had to say he was trying for reals, then when it turned out Clinton was such a lovely candidate with an incompetent campaign that refused to shift leftward, he geared up (a bit too late) with a real campaign that still did better than it had any real right to in spite of the game being rigged.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

Was there a more recent interview in light of the new announcement? Just curious, but hell this is also what Sanders did in 2016. When he first started running it literally was just to shift the overton window, but he had to say he was trying for reals, then when it turned out Clinton was such a lovely candidate with an incompetent campaign that refused to shift leftward, he geared up (a bit too late) with a real campaign that still did better than it had any real right to in spite of the game being rigged.

You don't have to worry about it, the clown car solves this problem by itself, and he can't actually afford to run long enough to even be in the running by the first primary.

If it was just Bernie and Biden, I'd be potentially concerned about this, but relax, Gravel is no threat at all to Bernie's chances. If anything, he can only do great things for Bernie's chances by getting on that stage and verbally destroying Joe Biden live in front of millions.

E: vvv :hai: a perfect analogy

WampaLord has issued a correction as of 20:52 on Apr 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

WampaLord posted:

You don't have to worry about it, the clown car solves this problem by itself, and he can't actually afford to run long enough to even be in the running by the first primary.

If it was just Bernie and Biden, I'd be potentially concerned about this, but relax, Gravel is no threat at all to Bernie's chances. If anything, he can only do great things for Bernie's chances by getting on that stage and verbally destroying Joe Biden live in front of millions.

having gravel and bernie in the same debate as biden is like if you had piccolo from the future and piccolo from the present fighting frieza. Future piccolo, ready to go all out in one last fight can take his weighted outfit off and not hold back, which present piccolo can keep his weighted outfit on for the fight and rapidly build up his power level for the bigger opponent.

this is peak political analysis