Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i love this fondleslab so much it just breaks all the time!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
verge score: 10/10

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

verge score: 10/10

finally, the iphone killer has arrived.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

you probably could beat an iPhone to death with it, yes

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Plank Walker posted:

love to not read the last line where they say it's not a great purchase even if the screen issue was resolved

https://twitter.com/backlon/status/1119224623340474368

he loves the device

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
stockholm sarnsung syndrome

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

he must have some sort of future fettishization for folding slabs because that thing looks barely better than the sony dual screen tablet from years ago

i take that back the sony tablet looks better and intentional and has a durable design. it also had more serviceable parts

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Agile Vector posted:

he must have some sort of future fettishization for folding slabs because that thing looks barely better than the sony dual screen tablet from years ago

i take that back the sony tablet looks better and intentional and has a durable design. it also had more serviceable parts

it also didnt have dual processors to drive the displays, it alternated each one at a speed your brain couldn't tell

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
remember joojoo

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Agile Vector posted:

did they take a ps3 and cut it in half, scoop out the insides and replace them with something worse?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boiled Water posted:

did they take a ps3 and cut it in half, scoop out the insides and replace them with something worse?

unlikely, the only thing that would be worse than a ps3 is a ps4

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

graph posted:

it also didnt have dual processors to drive the displays, it alternated each one at a speed your brain couldn't tell

yeah, not sure i believe that considering androids now can't run a single screen without dropping frames, never mind when that thing was made

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

in the text of the review he keeps saying its poo poo but then says he inexplicably loves it regardless.

sarnsung syndrome indeed.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

graph posted:

remember joojoo

earth dollars

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's because these people have nothing in their lives except gadgets so they mistake the excitement of novelty for love.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
here's my galaxy fold review:

man this device is poo poo and it SUCKS... but what if it was actually GOOD instead? it would be really good

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

hobbesmaster posted:

in the text of the review he keeps saying its poo poo but then says he inexplicably loves it regardless.

sarnsung syndrome indeed.

it's because he's a tech journalist

they whine and complain the minute some market segment looks like it's maturing because minor refinements on a robust foundation don't drive clicks

crazy folding homer phones do

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
sometimes I get a "data roaming" notification on my phone when I travel. i can't dismiss it, even when I go back to an area with coverage. i can snooze it, but it comes back an hour later, regardless of where I am. the only way to kill it is to reboot

anroid

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

sometimes I get a "data roaming" notification on my phone when I travel. i can't dismiss it, even when I go back to an area with coverage. i can snooze it, but it comes back an hour later, regardless of where I am. the only way to kill it is to reboot

anroid

That is more of your carrier loving up(sprint?) and it keeping losing signal and roaming, and you have the data roaming option off.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Actually from what I see sounds like you have a samsung phone lol

How to turn off Verizon's roaming notification
1. Go to "Settings"
2. Tap "Apps & Notifications"
3. Tap "Notifications"
4. Tap "Notifications" (yes, again, it's a new point, on her phone with a bell next to it)
5. Tap the three little dots at the top-right corner of the next screen
6. Tap "Show system" in the little menu that drops down then
7. Scroll way down to the entries called "Phone" (there are three of them on her phone)
8. Tap the third "Phone" entry (on her phone, it has a generic android icon next to it, not a telephone handset)
9. There you'll see "Verizon Roaming Status", but the switch will be grayed out (can't change it)
10. Instead tap the words "Verizon Roaming Status"
11. Tap "Importance"
12. Set it to "Medium" (=no sound anymore, but you'll still see the icon, a triangle in her case, in the status bar indicating that you're roaming) or "Low" (=you won't be notified at all when you're roaming)...we chose "Medium" and enjoyed the ensuing silence.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
last night i tried to open the camera on my pixel and it bootlooped for 5 minutes love that google having control of both the hardware and software allows them to have the same levels of polish that apple has

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

rapeface posted:

last night i tried to open the camera on my pixel and it bootlooped for 5 minutes love that google having control of both the hardware and software allows them to have the same levels of polish that apple has

well, you're the person angry that google is taking away the "cool hacky parts of android" so you probably "hacked" your way into the bootloop

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Celexi posted:

Actually from what I see sounds like you have a samsung phone lol

How to turn off Verizon's roaming notification
1. Go to "Settings"
2. Tap "Apps & Notifications"
3. Tap "Notifications"
4. Tap "Notifications" (yes, again, it's a new point, on her phone with a bell next to it)
5. Tap the three little dots at the top-right corner of the next screen
6. Tap "Show system" in the little menu that drops down then
7. Scroll way down to the entries called "Phone" (there are three of them on her phone)
8. Tap the third "Phone" entry (on her phone, it has a generic android icon next to it, not a telephone handset)
9. There you'll see "Verizon Roaming Status", but the switch will be grayed out (can't change it)
10. Instead tap the words "Verizon Roaming Status"
11. Tap "Importance"
12. Set it to "Medium" (=no sound anymore, but you'll still see the icon, a triangle in her case, in the status bar indicating that you're roaming) or "Low" (=you won't be notified at all when you're roaming)...we chose "Medium" and enjoyed the ensuing silence.

not a samsung but this worked

thank you yospos bless

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
why are you using quotation marks are you saying im not a real hackerman

also lol i forgot i made almost the exact same post about my phone bootlooping like 2 weeks ago

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/decodedpixel/status/1120051077905362944

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 22, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sarnsung is postponing galaxy fold release events for undisclosed reasons. i'm sure it has nothing to do with them breaking after a day of regular use.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

guess sarnsung knows when to hold em and when to fold em,

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Pinterest Mom posted:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pinterest Mom posted:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
https://twitter.com/joannastern/status/1120386986982952962

hotdog in phone disrespects my people

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
she also made bbry nerds angry when she put a sliced of kraft american cheese on her bbry passport hen she reviewed it

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

this is fake, no one has been able to redo it

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
who knew a samsung phone was poo poo

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Me. You should have listened.