Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Fewd posted:

Indeed... I bought a masterwork steady arm from Black Desert City and it's +25% crossbow and +20% dex. :stonk:

Go ahead and sacrifice rest of the weak flesh Green, I will rebuild you. Rebuild you BETTER. REBUILD YOU INTO A CYBERNETIC POST-APOCALYPTIC MACHINE GOD, AN ETERNAL METAL COLOSSUS TO REIGN OVER THE RUINS OF THIS DEAD WORLD like Beep

yeah my first playthrough went a little like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gIMZ0WyY88

The weakness of my flesh disgusted me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

my tireless work resumes....

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
if i bring slave master ruben directly to Bo will he join me?

update: nope. wouldn't even talk to me. Gonna try killing him I guess and see how that goes.

trying to find a mod that reduces the visual effect of the blood rain in vain but there aren't any. It's really laggy and looks bad and the only thing keeping me from settling in vain.

also, been getting a ton of crashes and not sure why. Just probably once every 30 or 40 minutes. As opposed to almost never crashing in my first like 20 hours of the game. Maybe it has something to do with having a ton of dudes, or being in fog islands? I don't remember it happening till I started spending a lot of time here.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 19, 2019

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

lmao

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
how do i get all the mods in the op?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Siljmonster posted:

how do i get all the mods in the op?

Either on the Steam Workshop or Nexusmods

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Tabletops posted:

if i bring slave master ruben directly to Bo will he join me?

update: nope. wouldn't even talk to me. Gonna try killing him I guess and see how that goes.

trying to find a mod that reduces the visual effect of the blood rain in vain but there aren't any. It's really laggy and looks bad and the only thing keeping me from settling in vain.

also, been getting a ton of crashes and not sure why. Just probably once every 30 or 40 minutes. As opposed to almost never crashing in my first like 20 hours of the game. Maybe it has something to do with having a ton of dudes, or being in fog islands? I don't remember it happening till I started spending a lot of time here.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1630021836&searchtext=

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My gang of two in Rebirth expanded while I was training up in the pits. Before we broke out, we freed every slave along the way. A large number joined up without me asking. It's going to significantly complicate escaping the prison zone without starving to death. First stop: Blister hill where we raided every bar and the bakery.

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006

That's not how you rescue someone.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I love how people drag around beak (Baka) things by holding the neck and running with the body flopping around and clipping behind them.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Carrying swamp turtles is the best. Also they are the best punching bags... but keep an eye out for those blood spiders.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
god i have such indecision about where to start my first base. It's driving me insane.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

If you set up in the border zone prepare for RAIDS RAIDS RAIDS.

I learned that the Black Dragon Ninjas can both break down your mkII walls and kill the gently caress out of the mercs I had at my base. Luckily was able to survive that encounter by bailing until they left. I am SO CLOSE to getting food operations stable in my first base go and these raiders breach the walls and set me back a few days. Look forward to finally getting a stable base that can repel raids so I can explore.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Tabletops posted:

god i have such indecision about where to start my first base. It's driving me insane.

Same. Decided to try the fog lands and am regretting it. There's no end to these fuckers. They ate ruka and wiped out my whole team.

Had to reload, even.

Getting good at combat takes such a long time.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Same. Decided to try the fog lands and am regretting it. There's no end to these fuckers. They ate ruka and wiped out my whole team.

Had to reload, even.

Getting good at combat takes such a long time.

i have about 15 dudes that have ~25-40 attack/defense and decent armor (mostly samurai stuff). Wonder if that's enough...

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Tabletops posted:

i have about 15 dudes that have ~25-40 attack/defense and decent armor (mostly samurai stuff). Wonder if that's enough...
To survive, yes. Regular-rear end Fogmen aren't really difficult to fight. They have no armor at all and only the cheapest-rear end types of weapons. The difficulty lies in not getting overwhelmed by sheer numbers and having individual members of your squad carried off into the fog to be eaten. Which you will get to watch, by the way.

Once you have even the dinkiest of walls and a few turrets, they just cease to be any kind of threat whatsoever.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

EmbryoSteve posted:

If you set up in the border zone prepare for RAIDS RAIDS RAIDS.

On the other hand, it's possible to remove all raids from that area. You just got to take out the black ninja leader/dustking/band of bones leader/beserker leader/befriend the hungry bandits/either wipe out, befriend, or pay taxes/participate in prayer day (the best goddamn day) with the holy nation and/or shek nation. Also depending on where you are in the borderlands, you might even have to deal with the UC.

That is a lot isn't it :downs:

On the flip side, you're also in spitting distance of most caravans. Like the hiver, general farmer, animal traders, or tech hunter (mod) caravans.

mauman fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 19, 2019

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

mauman posted:

On the other hand, it's possible to remove all raids from that area. You just got to take out the black ninja leader/dustking/band of bones leader/beserker leader/befriend the hungry bandits/either wipe out, befriend, or pay taxes/participate in prayer day (the best goddamn day) with the holy nation and/or shek nation. Also depending on where you are in the borderlands, you might even have to deal with the UC.

That is a lot isn't it :downs:

On the flip side, you're also in spitting distance of most caravans. Like the hiver, general farmer, animal traders, or tech hunter (mod) caravans.

I have not had any major factions (HN, Shek, etc) come a knocking, but the others come just about every day. I don't mind really. I love base defense. Just need to get even more mercs and upgrade my walls again after learning that the higher level raiders will knock my walls down before my gates, and need to get more turrets up. I did not know that they can reload on their own. I thought they needed to have ammo brought to them / expended ammo ala crossbows. Though I read you have to completely rebuild walls to get from mk2 to mk3. Which I guess will be a hassle but hopefully the trade off will be worth it.

The place I built my outpost is near a waystation with a builder supply shop and a bar so that is like 20-25k of cats to sell to. Also have my main dude with 80 athletics and 60 str and a trader backpack who can get to the other cities in the borderzone very quickly (runs at 26mph) which I have had to do to feed my peeps. I have 9 people laboring away at different things to build this sucker up. Once I get the food situation under control I think the game will really open up (meaning I will stop focusing on city building) and I will work to end the source of these raids.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

EmbryoSteve posted:

I have not had any major factions (HN, Shek, etc) come a knocking, but the others come just about every day. I don't mind really. I love base defense. Just need to get even more mercs and upgrade my walls again after learning that the higher level raiders will knock my walls down before my gates, and need to get more turrets up. I did not know that they can reload on their own. I thought they needed to have ammo brought to them / expended ammo ala crossbows. Though I read you have to completely rebuild walls to get from mk2 to mk3. Which I guess will be a hassle but hopefully the trade off will be worth it.

The place I built my outpost is near a waystation with a builder supply shop and a bar so that is like 20-25k of cats to sell to. Also have my main dude with 80 athletics and 60 str and a trader backpack who can get to the other cities in the borderzone very quickly (runs at 26mph) which I have had to do to feed my peeps. I have 9 people laboring away at different things to build this sucker up. Once I get the food situation under control I think the game will really open up (meaning I will stop focusing on city building) and I will work to end the source of these raids.

The funny thing about the borderlands is how chaotic the raid zones are. It's possible to be within territory claimed by the shek, HN, UC, or some combination thereof. It's also possible to be within none of those claims. I was within Shek/HN claimed territory, so I had to pay taxes to the Shek (till I officially joined them), and join in prayer day (the best goddamn day) till I was ready to burn the HN.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
When bandits raid successfully what do they steal exactly? Just food stores? Could I buy a building in some town and move all the excess food there?

Basically, I want to leave my base with everyone and just have hired mercs there for a while but I don't know how realistic that is.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

mauman posted:

The funny thing about the borderlands is how chaotic the raid zones are. It's possible to be within territory claimed by the shek, HN, UC, or some combination thereof. It's also possible to be within none of those claims. I was within Shek/HN claimed territory, so I had to pay taxes to the Shek (till I officially joined them), and join in prayer day (the best goddamn day) till I was ready to burn the HN.

I had one prayer day at my base on the butte between Squin and the Hub. They took one look at my team composed entirely of skeletons and skeleton accessories and lit out for the hills. I then got one HN raid that beat all my dudes down and left. Didn't hear a peep from them the rest of that game. The Band of Bones, however, was coming by and going "You kicked the poo poo out of us last time! That was fun! DO IT AGAIN! :black101:" on the regular.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A bunch of Holy Nation priests came to my camp and demanded we pray. I offered to lead. "Oh Dark Mother Narko, bless us with your darkness..."

They immediately attacked.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Sillybones posted:

When bandits raid successfully what do they steal exactly? Just food stores? Could I buy a building in some town and move all the excess food there?

Basically, I want to leave my base with everyone and just have hired mercs there for a while but I don't know how realistic that is.

The black dragon ninjas will raid your food. So will the Shek government if you give them permission. Some of the other factions probably will as well but most will just kick your poo poo in and probably stand over you or run back and forth while you bleed out.

If you leave your base unoccupied raids will just wait at your gates for you to get back. I’m not certain how they’ll interact offscreen with hired guards.

It’s possible to end the black dragon raids entirely by taking out their headquarters in the border zone, which also nets you some bounties and a top quality ninja sword.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Tabletops posted:

20ish stats is bandit crap. 40ish is like drunk mercenary range. 60ish is skilled. 80ish is heroic. 90-100 is legendary.

Once you're in the 50's and 60's, you start to feel like you're decently strong. 30-40 is pretty good, but low enough that you can get overwhelmed easily, and low enough that you can't touch actually strong enemies.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
What determines how difficult an enemy is in regards to how much you level your combat from fighting them? Average of combat stats? Does giving them a weapon they have no skill in stop you getting skill ups against them?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Sillybones posted:

What determines how difficult an enemy is in regards to how much you level your combat from fighting them? Average of combat stats? Does giving them a weapon they have no skill in stop you getting skill ups against them?

There's almost no examples of enemies with really skewed stats, like lets say 40 STR but only 10 DEX, so it's almost always safe to assume that the discrepancy between average stats and highest stat will be low. That being said, yeah, the higher the stats the better. Weapons actually do make a difference for enemies, yes. In the slavery start, if you steal the guard's weapons, you'll get less Martial Arts EXP for beating them than you would if you let them keep their weapons. That being said, you could always just take their weapon and give it back once your MA is high enough to deal with them even fully armed.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sillybones posted:

It's based on their melee defence (or martial arts if they're unarmed). And it's compared against your melee defence (or martial arts if you're unarmed). That's the only thing that matters.

So give your prisoners a rusty Jitte or Foreign Saber to max their defence.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

The Lone Badger posted:

It's based on their melee defence (or martial arts if they're unarmed). And it's compared against your melee defence (or martial arts if you're unarmed). That's the only thing that matters.

So give your prisoners a rusty Jitte or Foreign Saber to max their defence.

I actually gave them a jitte, but never really got to train against them since the mercs I hired would break in and beat them up every time.

And then I imported to fix broken shops and apparently that cleared all my cages too. :negative:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sillybones posted:

I actually gave them a jitte, but never really got to train against them since the mercs I hired would break in and beat them up every time.

If you lock the building doors before sparring that doesn't happen.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

The Lone Badger posted:

If you lock the building doors before sparring that doesn't happen.

They break down the doors to get in.

Actually, they do the same to my front gate if I lock them in too.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, they do that. It's why I try to never let caravans in if I can help it. It's annoying to pick over the place to make sure you got rid of all of them again when they leave.

In fact, city guards will do the same to your houses even if you set them to locked and private. Or they used to, anyway. I guess search warrants aren't a thing in the HN.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

In the Hub I had ninjas interrupt my rooftop torture training sessions a couple of times until I started locking the doors and setting the house to 'private', and that seemed to work.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It was around .96-.98, so maybe they corrected that behaviour. I used to have conversion center night hostel in Sho-Battai and Samurai just kept walking in, so I'd have to knock them out and stuff them in more cages.

There wasn't a lot of the city left by the end of that.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

EmbryoSteve posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kenshi/mods/356?tab=description theres a mod for that, can't advocate for it working still though.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Going thief/assassin type build is so much fun. I bypass virtually skirting dangerous. What exactly is the formula for stealth? My ninja has like 72 total right now, and can pretty much sprint right in front of most enemies in broad daylight without breaking stealth. I've been exploring the world simply by running vast distances in sneak mode.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/hlGIGaC.mp4

look at this long-rear end idiot

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Panfilo posted:

Going thief/assassin type build is so much fun. I bypass virtually skirting dangerous. What exactly is the formula for stealth? My ninja has like 72 total right now, and can pretty much sprint right in front of most enemies in broad daylight without breaking stealth. I've been exploring the world simply by running vast distances in sneak mode.

As far as I can tell the formula is Naruto Run = Stealthy

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Ms Adequate posted:

As far as I can tell the formula is Naruto Run = Stealthy

Seems like it.

On the flip side, it was really jarring to learn just how vulnerable you are with a full giant backpack. It's very different than other RPG games that don't factor inventory in your performance.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I think your stealth move speed is your stealth skill taken as percentage of your normal run speed, with equipment bonuses/penalties applied on top of that. Stealth-boosting gear can actually make you naruto-run faster than you can normie-run. As for getting caught, light level matters, as does line of sight, though once you get to 80 or 90 you can prance around in front of just about anything.

Does perception do anything if you're not using a crossbow or turret? I'm thinking the crab helmet is probably the best all around hat in the game if you're not using ranged weapons, because it only has a perception penalty instead of a bunch of combat penalties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

These things are so adorable and doofy and I just love them. :allears: