Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think a big reason Cuphead is regarded as hard is the dogshit default button mapping. Why the gently caress would X be dodge. Switched it and special to triggers. It feels so much better and I cleared 3 bosses without being hit after.:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah, I swapped shoot to R, dash to Y, and lock to L and it feels so much more natural. I beat the first world yesterday. It's a ton of fun.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

^burtle posted:

If I have the RPG itch, which is going to scratch better, Torna or Vesperia?

Vesperia by far

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

^burtle posted:

If I have the RPG itch, which is going to scratch better, Torna or Vesperia?

Torna, Vesperia isn’t a very good game.

Hell I like Tales games and hated Vesperia

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Or that hopping blob boss that eventually turns into a gravestone, I didn't even see anything remotely pink the whole battle, I'll just have to have a C I guess

At one point before he does a transformation he has 3 pink question marks that surround him. You can parry all of those in one go.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Torna, Vesperia isn’t a very good game.

Hell I like Tales games and hated Vesperia

I really loved Vesperia, and it's for sure my favorite of the ones I've played. It's a really, really long game, so if that's a plus for you it'll keep you occupied for a while.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

THE loving MOON posted:

I really loved Vesperia, and it's for sure my favorite of the ones I've played. It's a really, really long game, so if that's a plus for you it'll keep you occupied for a while.

I think it depends when you played it. Vesperia is ultimately a decade old and missing a ton of stuff later games added which improves the games and are hard to deal without.

Like the combat doesn’t get decent until act 2. The story is a mess but that’s another thing.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

vesperia good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

vesperia ok

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The only thing I can say positively about Vesperia is it looks really good, especially for a 10 year old game

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think it depends when you played it. Vesperia is ultimately a decade old and missing a ton of stuff later games added which improves the games and are hard to deal without.

Like the combat doesn’t get decent until act 2.

You've for sure played more of them then me, but Vesperia was my second Tales game. I played Symphonia first, then missed a whole lot of Playstation ones which I'm told are mostly good, but haven't played myself. Then I played Zestria, which I hated and couldn't finish, and Berseria which I didn't hate and did finish.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
vesperia

vesperia???

vesperia.

Mega64 posted:

vesperia

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

THE loving MOON posted:

You've for sure played more of them then me, but Vesperia was my second Tales game. I played Symphonia first, then missed a whole lot of Playstation ones which I'm told are mostly good, but haven't played myself. Then I played Zestria, which I hated and couldn't finish, and Berseria which I didn't hate and did finish.

You have actually played more than me actually. I played Berseria first and loved it, played Xillia second and liked it. I played Vesperia last with the new edition which I think explains the difference

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

You have actually played more than me actually. I played Berseria first and loved it, played Xillia second and liked it. I played Vesperia last with the new edition which I think explains the difference

Oh okay, don't play Symphonia lol. It aged worse than most RPG's that old. Vesperia is positively modern by comparison

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mega64 posted:

vesperia

vesperia???

vesperia.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 20, 2019

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Yoshi!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

If you're playing Dawn of Survivors add sw-3499-6684-7486. I'm starting to see player forts pop up and I'm not ready to get raided.

You know what? For $2 I’ll jump in

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I'll just say I've never been in to don't starve or it's clones, but I'm having fun with DoS. The dynamic looting areas and general beginner friendliness compared to don't starve probably helps.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Does XIII have Goldeneye-esque multiplayer? Because it looks like it would. That online could be tons of fun. Even better locally. Also I never read the BD though my library had them all. Would it make me better appreciate the game?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Does XIII have Goldeneye-esque multiplayer? Because it looks like it would. That online could be tons of fun. Even better locally. Also I never read the BD though my library had them all. Would it make me better appreciate the game?

It did back on the GameCube, I would imagine and hope the new one does too!

FartGhost
Mar 7, 2013

Right after I beat the final boss in mario rabbids my game crashed. Now every time i try to load the save it says "The software was closed because an error occurred". I tried restarting my switch, removing the cartridge and checking for corrupt software but none of it helped. I can't find any fix with googling either. Is there anything else I can do or should I just accept I'm not doing the post game stuff?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Even though I've put in a few hours into Cuphead, it still feels too good to be true. I keep expecting Microsoft to pull some kind of trick. But no, it's the full game, identical to the Xbox/Steam release, and it's portable too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Detective No. 27 posted:

I keep expecting Microsoft to pull some kind of trick.

What? Why?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

What? Why?

I dunno. It feels like if Sega back in the day had been like "Hey, we're publish Dynamite Heady on SNES. Just cause." It's so weird! I love it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I feel you, but Cuphead isn't a MS IP.

Moon Shrimp
Sep 7, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

Even though I've put in a few hours into Cuphead, it still feels too good to be true. I keep expecting Microsoft to pull some kind of trick. But no, it's the full game, identical to the Xbox/Steam release, and it's portable too.

I thought I saw some slowdown while the gumballs from the gumball machine were in the air during the baroness fight, but that could've just been my imagination.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There really isn't an analogy for it. From what I remember, Microsoft has full publishing rights for Cuphead (the developer said they can put a sequel wherever.)

I'm just glad it was Cuphead and not Ori. I got nothing against Ori, but Cuphead is so unique. It's Xbox console exclusivity had upset me. Playing it on Switch with no compromises is surreal.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Moon Shrimp posted:

I thought I saw some slowdown while the gumballs from the gumball machine were in the air during the baroness fight, but that could've just been my imagination.

DF's analysis couldn't find any slowdown. He did find a weird glitch during one fight, but it was unique and they couldn't replicate it. Everything has been smooth on my end.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Detective No. 27 posted:

There really isn't an analogy for it. From what I remember, Microsoft has full publishing rights for Cuphead (the developer said they can put a sequel wherever.)

I'm just glad it was Cuphead and not Ori. I got nothing against Ori, but Cuphead is so unique. It's Xbox console exclusivity had upset me. Playing it on Switch with no compromises is surreal.

Yep, there is literally zero reason to own an Xbox for me now. Cuphead is the one game I wanted and my PC is old as gently caress and can't run it well but it's perfect on the Switch.

I like to keep my computers for work and my consoles for play, but Cuphead and a few other titles were making me itch to get a new computer. Then Reggie descended from the skies with the Switch, and I now want for nothing

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

(me, quietly) yossiii

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think the deal is that Microsoft's kind of given up on the XBox at this point, since they reached the point where they got cocky and took their audience for granted and all of a sudden their competitors ate their lunch and all their own franchises are old news and/or have already been run into the ground. Also it turns out making console hardware is expensive and difficult.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
MS really shot themselves in the foot by putting their console exclusives out on PC.

They needed to fight for more exclusives. Good ones. And keep them on the console.

Woops.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Microsoft is in the services business.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I would love if Microsoft bought the Rare Replay to the Switch. Portable Viva Pinata 2 would be so good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Microsofts stated long-term goal is to get you to subscribe to their services through whatever device you want, and if you wont do that they want to sell you their games at a higher cost than subscribing. Itd be like if Netflix offered to let you buy house of cards by itself for 30 bucks a season if you absolutely refused to pay the monthly fee.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Someone convince me to get Cuphead. I’ve been obsessed with it since it was first previewed and I’m a huuuuge fan of that cartoon era + their reasons for being so authentic with the graphics and sound. I’m just worried the difficulty will annoy me and make me not enjoy it as much.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Do you enjoy NES and/or arcade games?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm glad the Cuphead port is apparently good, I'm still gonna wait for that physical complete collection coming once the DLC comes out but I'm happy to hear that they didn't fumble it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

Someone convince me to get Cuphead. I’ve been obsessed with it since it was first previewed and I’m a huuuuge fan of that cartoon era + their reasons for being so authentic with the graphics and sound. I’m just worried the difficulty will annoy me and make me not enjoy it as much.

Yeah same boat but then:

American McGay posted:

Do you enjoy NES and/or arcade games?

Fairly hard no.

And that's why despite loving the style and music and everything else about the game I can't bring myself to get it.