Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

If you need to be inspired by a candidate at this point (meaning post Trump) I don't know what to tell you other than that you're deficient in your commitment to living in a functioning civil society.

Get used to it. A near-majority of the country doesn't care enough about presidential elections to actually vote. The highest turnout this century was 58.2% in 2008. The last time we got that high was 1968.

You need the people who stay home a lot more than the GOP does...they've got the rabid base that'll turn out no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Redeemer/Cain 2020

When the Davy Crockett isnt small enough of a nuke for you.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
'Church' to offer 'miracle cure' despite FDA warnings against drinking bleach

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

can I send in a testimonial about how it cured my diabetes and chronic lyme and morgellons

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I support this!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Q3A doesn’t play second fiddle to UT.

UT stomps the poo poo out of q3

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

FAUXTON posted:

can I send in a testimonial about how it cured my diabetes and chronic lyme and morgellons

I was all "loving goons going on aboutJESUS gently caress IT REALLY IS BLEACH!!!"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Homeopathic bleach is fine tho

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I heard bleach cures vaccine caused autism, but only when administered via injection. Go figure.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Bleach is mostly water, and humans are mostly water.

Therefore, we are bleach.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

NO. You drink the bleach!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That Works posted:

It's not getting them to vote for her, it's getting people that weren't gonna vote unless they get excited about someone to come out and vote.

here i identified for you exactly why your country is so hosed

the fact that people see a candidate as needing to get them excited to vote is hosed, voting is a civic duty as a citizen to ensure idiots like trump don't get into power

a citizen makes the safety of the republic his personal concern

would you like to know more

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Part of what got people to vote in 2008 was Obama being inspiring, and part of it was that things were hosed and Obama strongly implied/promised systemic change. Then he did, at most, a slight adjustment of the system. None of the bankers or Iraq war liars got prosecuted, the system went on with little change, and I think a lot of the people who showed up for him on the hope of that change felt burned. I think it's going to be tough for any mainline candidate to offer the same hope and get the same electoral results.

Obama really tarnished the democratic brand imo. People voted for a change and he governed as a manager. If he was president in the 90s he'd go down in history as one of the greatest ever, but history needed him to rise to the needs of the times, and he crunched the numbers in Excel and offered tax credits for health care.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

YALL DOIN SOME BLEACH DRINKIN?!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1119619565812580352?s=19

The man is offering Pentagon Rolling Papers to donors.

2020 democrat primaries gonna be lit as gently caress.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Florida Man arrested for death threats toward Omar, Booker, Tlaib, & Swalwell

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/04/man-arrested-threatening-democratic-politicians-190419234316461.html

Civil war in Libya gets worse, things not looking great for Tripoli

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/04/heavy-clashes-libya-tripoli-phase-attack-190420150424744.html

Milo and POTUS posted:

UT stomps the poo poo out of q3

:hai:

If an arena shooter doesn't have dual-mode weapons, it doesn't rate. Don't @ me.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
UT destroys Q3, no contest. It's not even a comparison. Last good quake game was ActionQuake 2

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

the fact that people see a candidate as needing to get them excited to vote is hosed, voting is a civic duty as a citizen to ensure idiots like trump don't get into power

Yeah no argument there. I try to point that out to people who think that shitloads of people turned out for Trump. The majority just didn't vote at all. It's pretty shameful.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

we should take away citizenship from those who don't vote?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Chelaea Manning spent more time in jail than literally everyone involved in tanking the world economy

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

colachute posted:

we should take away citizenship from those who don't vote?

Only from those who dont serve

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Q3A doesn’t play second fiddle to UT.

Wrongest opinion in this entire sub.

:hellyeah:
telefraggin til I die
:hellyeah:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
UT gave us so much. What did Q3A give the world?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

UT destroys Q3, no contest. It's not even a comparison. Last good quake game was ActionQuake 2

UT was such an insanely better deal at the time. The number of modes and maps was crazy. Plus the mods were better. Quake 3 mods always felt janky and I’m not sure anyone actually bothered to make cool weapon packs.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Waiting for the one cool guy to say Tribes was the better 90s shooter.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

UT gave us so much. What did Q3A give the world?

this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V4ZaFbhYl4

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Ah yes, blame the lazy proles for not taking time off work to vote for one of two egomaniacs who can't even pretend to give a poo poo about them.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hi we have a games thread

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

Ah yes, blame the lazy proles for not taking time off work to vote for one of two egomaniacs who can't even pretend to give a poo poo about them.

Even less of them show up for their local elections typically so yeah.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

BigDave posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1119619565812580352?s=19

The man is offering Pentagon Rolling Papers to donors.

2020 democrat primaries gonna be lit as gently caress.

Just bought 5. 4/20 baby

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

And it’s going to be all hands on deck to smother this poo poo in the crib.

https://twitter.com/volceltaire/status/1119362814802448385?s=21

I’m genuinely curious who you’d like to see win the DNC primaries N4I. I don’t think you’ve said one positive thing about any of the candidates that I can recall. Then again sick burns are easy to recall, I may have glossed over anything positive you’ve said.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
1) https://twitter.com/SamTLevin/status/1119023657764831232

2) https://twitter.com/daveschroeder/status/1119710090355933187

quote:

Larry Mitchell Hopkins runs The United Constitutional Patriots (UCP), an armed border militia group that spreads far-right conspiracies and rounds up asylum seekers on the border.

The FBI arrested Hopkins Saturday on charges of possessing firearms and ammunition as a convicted felon. Recent video footage released by UCP shows two members holding what appear to be semi-automatic rifles near immigrants, many of them children.

The group also peddles conspiracy theories and produces a radio show where members spread information about QAnon, and accuse migrants of associating with ISIS.

Hopkins has also claimed to work with Border Patrol and that president Trump has personally asked him about ‘Muslim immigration.’

And, scene.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Waiting for the one cool guy to say Tribes was the better 90s shooter.

I mean, you're not wrong

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYbQIsAtlnY

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol the UCP

unsane chud posse

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

I would like to see more Ferry Good Dogs.

FAUXTON posted:

unsane chud posse

Ugly Chud Posse.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You can almost see the racism leaking out of that degenerates face

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Wonder if the dude was actually in 5th group or just wears the hat. Given his insanity it could be either.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I mean he's got convictions for impersonating an officer and claims that he's in direct contact with Trump and other super high-ranking officials , I'd say he's 100% full of bullshit

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I mean he's got convictions for impersonating an officer and claims that he's in direct contact with Trump and other super high-ranking officials , I'd say he's 100% full of bullshit

Hey man he EARNED that hat in the (Salvation) Army!