Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJqOlYaJbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

The voice is pretty close, or maybe they didn't use the same effects if its the same guy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah devs are having fun with this

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1115674026628636673

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

quit gettin' mad about video games

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EBB posted:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

EBB posted:

NEVER

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

EBB posted:

PC sUpReMeCy

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

holy poo poo

incredible

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

Just wait until I weigh in on modern mario games.

i wanna hear this bc i may agree with you

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I actually shouldn't have said modern, because :corsair: I haven't looked at a mario game since galaxy on Wii (which was actually a long drat time ago now), which I found boring af. Haven't liked anything besides Mario Kart since...I think since the NES days.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

smw and smw2 are fantastic

i dont care about paper mario and never played galaxy or new smb

mario 64 is a chore to play nowadays unless you're obsessed with half button pressing

odyssey is well done at least and mario maker is a cool idea

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Galaxy was fun, but it was a Wii gimick game at it's core and I don't desire a remaster or anything.

But Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario Odyssey...my man...I'm telling you it's good poo poo.

NSMB is fun but it's kind of derivative.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Mario RPG was the greatest Mario.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Handsome Ralph posted:

Galaxy was fun, but it was a Wii gimick game at it's core and I don't desire a remaster or anything.

But Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario Odyssey...my man...I'm telling you it's good poo poo.

NSMB is fun but it's kind of derivative.

I can't wait for Super Mario Maker 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I can't wait for Super Mario Maker 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:same:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Melthir posted:

Mario RPG was the greatest Mario.

mario rpg was really cool and good

smw is still the best mario though

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

picked up cattails on switch for my daughter, its super fun kinda stardew valley with warzones and land occupying

poo poo gets vicious

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28uPjH5aQVU

jesus capcom

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That's not going to be cheap but it's going to also be poo poo if you're one of those people who can count frames in fighting games, because it's definitely a lovely ARM Linux emulator kit, probably some libretro/retroarch thing.

E: 287 Freedumb dollars, or 229 EUR before VAT.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 17, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also hey they completely ripped off a opensource project that strictly was non-profit for their cps1/cps2 ports maybe, so thats cool. Theres a large amount of people who contributed time and code to make FBA a thing and its looking like capcom just said gently caress it heres a dual stick setup that looks like rear end with 16 roms

also why they hell would they put in hyper fighting and not super turbo

or darkstalkers 1 jfc

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

hey dudes thanks for the Civ 6 opinions. I held off on it and bought Trials for the Switch. It’s the same poo poo I’ve been playing since it came out on Xbox in 2008 or whenever but it’s still fun.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

poo poo I am hyyyyyyype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tZSHK3XKOQ

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i always got 33.6k even with a 56k modem bc of the poo poo stations in the area

Same - usually had 28.8 or 26.4. They actually fixed it when they installed ADSL. I remember back in the day playing TFC, and the sniper dot would often be real life inches on the monitor behind the target when strafing/sweeping.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Any of you fucks play risk of rain 2?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Super temped to buy Imperator: Rome because Paradox rules but then I remembered 1. It's Paradox, so it's going to be a mess at release and 2. the game will probably be a mess until the first $100 worth of DLC is released.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im so happy that the song is in there

also that they motion captured the dude who played shang tsung in the movie for the game

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

EBB posted:

Super temped to buy Imperator: Rome because Paradox rules but then I remembered 1. It's Paradox, so it's going to be a mess at release and 2. the game will probably be a mess until the first $100 worth of DLC is released.

I've been watching a few twitch folks play it. It looks like a good mashup of CK2 and EUIV. Still waiting on Vicky III here

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How's Anno 1800? Is it a return to form?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I beat Metro: Exodus last night.

I gotta give them credit for being courageous with the "bad" ending. Letting your actions cause the entire series on a major bummer is something that Bioware couldn't bring themselves to do, but leave it to the Ukrainians to go all the way.

If you've liked the other games in the series, you'll like this one, too. The controls can be a little jankey at times, but the story and ambiance are superb otherwise. It's also a visually stunning game (if your rig can handle it), although while the ray tracing is incredible, I'm not sure why nVidia is betting the farm on something the average gamer isn't going to notice unless they're already looking for it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I bought Outward and I really wanted to like it. But it's just too unpolished and bland for me to give a poo poo about it. It has no deaths, no saving which is actually pretty neat considering that the combat is hard as balls. But it also has no fast travel and doesn't show your location on the map, so you're wandering around this largely empty open world more often than not and it's bleh.

Oh well.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

psydude posted:

although while the ray tracing is incredible, I'm not sure why nVidia is betting the farm on something the average gamer isn't going to notice unless they're already looking for it.

Ray tracing is the superior lighting method once we figured out how to optimize it.

I'm not joking, as a dude who did the 3D modeling, 10 years ago, it was a pipe dream to get accurate specular lighting, ambient occlusion, and accurate DOF, and reflections in 1/60th of a second.

It used to take hours of passes to render a scene with any of those things. Ray tracing is actually more efficient in some ways, because it's not recalculating the scenes several times for the post process effects; but it still requires a huge amount of computational power.

Now there's graphics cards able to do it live, That's wild.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

q3a > ut

dont fuckin @ me

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
wrong

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
All these babies that got no idea how to railgun people with lovely ping

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

just lol if you think strong opinions about 20 year old PC shooters are less important than elections or bbq (vinegar supremacy, bitch)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
This dead gay comedy forum was built on arena shooter slap fights.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also smash bro released stage maker mode

https://twitter.com/shofu/status/1119424872122208256?s=20

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/N7SpartanTwitch/status/1119616560631566336

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006