Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Expect My Mom posted:

There's also Doppio saying that the future he sees will happen in a few seconds and then spending like a minute arguing with the Boss about it

Also what? Risotto knew that Doppio was the Boss, that's what his whole speech about 16th century germany and multiple personalities about it. It's what "I can't wait to see your true face" was about. He sees this complete stranger acting incredibly weird in this out of the way but important place who can see Stands and puts it together. There was no info that Risotto thought Doppio had, he just wanted him dead

He did not figure out Doppio was the boss for till near the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm starting to understand the boss's need to hide himself now, because he's apparently exceptionally bad at keeping his identity hidden even when he can literally hide in someone else's body.

Also I hope the boss gets an actual name soon so I can use that.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The biggest downside of Risotto's power is that it's extremely difficult to translate to a fighting game moveset.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nero wasn't even in the Capcom Part 5 game because they couldn't figure out how to make Metallica work.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Just make him Magneto from MVC 3.

beams of scalpels.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Supersonic Shine posted:

The biggest downside of Risotto's power is that it's extremely difficult to translate to a fighting game moveset.

they made abbacchio into a fighter somehow despite his stand being like the exact opposite of something worth a poo poo in battle, so don't discount anything

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Funky Valentine posted:

Nero wasn't even in the Capcom Part 5 game because they couldn't figure out how to make Metallica work.

And without him there went only chance for Doppio to be playable in a Jojo game :argh:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

they made abbacchio into a fighter somehow despite his stand being like the exact opposite of something worth a poo poo in battle, so don't discount anything

How do other fighting games handle characters who can use stealth? Can't be the first time it's come up.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

You mean in the PS2 game? He did kick Illuso's rear end pretty badly.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It may not be the most effective weapon, but slamming a VCR on a guy will still gently caress them up.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Johnny Joestar posted:

Abbachio is still like a big guy, and it seems like if your stand is humanoid it can do at least some limited punchghosting.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, between ASB and EoH, only Bruno's group (plus Trish and minus Abbacchio) and THE BOSS are playable characters.

I'd like to see a moveset for Moody Blues, but he doesn't really do anything beyond punching and kicking a little bit. What would his ultimate attack even be? Turning into Abbacchio and choking you a little bit?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'd like to see a moveset for Moody Blues, but he doesn't really do anything beyond punching and kicking a little bit. What would his ultimate attack even be? Turning into Abbacchio and choking you a little bit?

He'd copy his enemy's ultimate attack, duh

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Makes you drink his piss.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Abbachio has a rewind and replay sort of attack in the Vento Aureo PS2 game but I cannot for the life of me find footage of it.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, between ASB and EoH, only Bruno's group (plus Trish and minus Abbacchio) and THE BOSS are playable characters.

like mokujin in tekken except moody blues copies a random non-stand using playable character

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nessus posted:

Abbachio is still like a big guy, and it seems like if your stand is humanoid it can do at least some limited punchghosting.

Araki said Abbachio is physically the strongest of the group.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Everyone, I figured it out

King Crimson is a lag switch

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You could probably do weird poo poo with moody blues where you'd start a combo and hit a thing and blues would copy what you did so you could combo off of yourself.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think he wanted to interrogate Doppio at first, since he mentions he thought he was just a high-ranking operative, but when he realizes he's The Boss he starts making his attacks purposefully more lethal.

Granted, he did try to cut open his throat with scissors before that point, so :shrug:
All of his attacks before he mentions the split personality, even the scissors in throat, looked like they were designed to incapacitate doppio for interrogation rather than outright kill him. His attacks increase in lethality with his confidence that he's found The Bossu. I mean, he can apparently materialize razor blades in your brain?

Edit: I looked back at it and Nero might have significant limitations on where he can materialize metal in your body. He didn't put the razor blades in the brain it was just under the skin but above the skull. So open spaces in your body and under your skin. But maybe he can just mirk someone by putting a block of metal in someone's heart, and he was building up to an absolutely lethal attack because he didn't want fully lethal attacks yet. Who knows it's a punchmans anime!

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 21, 2019

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am prepared to die for this but i had a month to think it over, and i keep landing on the same conclusion.

fighting gold is better than traitor's requiem.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i am prepared to die for this but i had a month to think it over, and i keep landing on the same conclusion.

fighting gold is better than traitor's requiem.
100% agreed. Traitor's Requiem isn't bad, or even the least-good JoJo OP (because they're all good), but Fighting Gold is in the running for best OP in mind.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

actually this is the best part 5 OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7fjv4JkgBk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UThGvBI_Uz0

Posted without comment because everything I could think to say ruins a joke.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Blaze Dragon posted:

Doppio (Popplio is a Pokemon)

Spent too much effort for a joke whose relevance is behind the current conversation, but hey.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

comedyblissoption posted:

All of his attacks before he mentions the split personality, even the scissors in throat, looked like they were designed to incapacitate doppio for interrogation rather than outright kill him. His attacks increase in lethality with his confidence that he's found The Bossu. I mean, he can apparently materialize razor blades in your brain?

Edit: I looked back at it and Nero might have significant limitations on where he can materialize metal in your body. He didn't put the razor blades in the brain it was just under the skin but above the skull. So open spaces in your body and under your skin. But maybe he can just mirk someone by putting a block of metal in someone's heart, and he was building up to an absolutely lethal attack because he didn't want fully lethal attacks yet. Who knows it's a punchmans anime!

Maybe there isn't enough blood(and thus iron) in the brain to make razors out of.

Also destroying someone's throat for interrogation seems counterproductive.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

E-flat posted:

Spent too much effort for a joke whose relevance is behind the current conversation, but hey.

it was worth it.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Every time someone says "bossu" I imagine Trish's dad being Lucky Beast. Long may it continue.

comedyblissoption posted:

Also asphyxiation doesn't mean you can't use your stand to do poo poo.

Well...it doesn't any more, at least

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Doppio is a good boy

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dzhay posted:

Every time someone says "bossu" I imagine Trish's dad being Lucky Beast. Long may it continue.

Well...it doesn't any more, at least

That would be a very different, even weirder show.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

E-flat posted:

This is amazing and I'd use it in a Pokemon/Jojo run. Somehow.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

E-flat posted:

:allears: boy am I glad I made that stupid mistake, thanks dude.

RaspberryCommie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UThGvBI_Uz0

Posted without comment because everything I could think to say ruins a joke.

Also yes, just watch this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm rewatching Diamond is Unbreakable on my week off and god-drat, it just has the feeling of coming home to the boys. I'm really enjoying Golden Oreos but DiU is truly the greatest.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I think this latest fight is probably the tightest stand battle in the anime so far. I'm not sure if it's the best but it's the most internally consistent. I mean you could nitpick the scientific inaccuracies or the way the passage of time doesn't correspond to the actual screen time but as far as plotting goes it doesn't break any of its own rules.The twist ending didn't feel cheap because Aerosmith's presence was already known and it was instigated by Doppio's actions.

Also I like how part 5 has reused and refined certain ideas from past parts. Like how Epitath's future vision was similar to Thoth in part 3, but more detailed and in a more serious context.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Doppio took a while to asphyxiate because, as has been seen many times before, JoJo characters have much more blood in their bodies than ordinary people

This conveniently also works for "there's not enough iron in your blood to make all those things"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean, it's a jojo tradition for people who by all rights should be dead to be able to talk about poo poo for a while and just kinda hang out. it's just part of the fun.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Remember when Mark was able to carry on a conversation about how much pain he was in after he was bisected?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Remember when Dire was unable to use hamon because his body was frozen solid and you need proper breathing and blood flow, but then 5 seconds later his decapitated head was able to spit a hamon-rose at Dio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

remember when nobody had ever escaped the Thunder Cross Split Attack?