Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

La Llorona was okay. Not great but not the worst either. She reminded me of the witch from Left 4 Dead.

Also, this was a tie-in to all the Annabelle/Conjuring poo poo? I had no idea until they show the doll in a one second flashback lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Hellraiser: Inferno is not terrible.

:colbert:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Counterpoint: It's extremely bad

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Also, this was a tie-in to all the Annabelle/Conjuring poo poo? I had no idea until they show the doll in a one second flashback lol

Alright this is just starting to get stupid

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
inferno is really really bad in a boring way

the worst kind of bad

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Basebf555 posted:

Yes but it’s watchable unlike 3-whatever it ended with.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Alright this is just starting to get stupid

:shepface:

It's set in 1973 though, so a few years after the first Annabelle I think? This franchise is getting to be too much to keep track of.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Eh, it’s giving filmmakers a chance so I can’t hate it.

And I’ll never watch any of them because they all look so bad.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I like that aspect, I just don't really think that every single god drat ghost the movie Warrens fight needs an entire rear end pro-wrestling-style buildup arc

Like this is getting legit ridiculous

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CelticPredator posted:

Eh, it’s giving filmmakers a chance so I can’t hate it.

And I’ll never watch any of them because they all look so bad.
They are, and they're also dirt cheap to make while raking in the cash, much like the Saw movies, so I'm sure that keeps them going.

But yeah, they're almost all bad.

Apparently there's even an "Untitled The Nun Sequel" in development too lmao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I like that aspect, I just don't really think that every single god drat ghost the movie Warrens fight needs an entire rear end pro-wrestling-style buildup arc

Like this is getting legit ridiculous

The Super Warrens (this refers to the good ones not the lovely real ones) haven’t been main characters since Conjuring right?

Is this new one leading out to a 3rd Conjuring?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Nun was so bad. There was legitimately one decent scene. I have yet to see any of the Annabelle’s.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Basebf555 posted:

It's a Mulholland Drive mockbuster, what's not to like?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CelticPredator posted:

Yes but it’s watchable unlike 3-whatever it ended with.

3 at least doesn't look like a direct for Syfy film.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

TheBizzness posted:

The Nun was so bad. There was legitimately one decent scene. I have yet to see any of the Annabelle’s.

IIRC the second Annabelle is pretty good but the rest are mega bad.

I liked the first Conjuring a lot because it scratched the cheap 70s/early 80s ghost movie itch and looked nice but never got around to seeing the second one or The Nun/etc.. It's crazy how much the series blew up the way it did though. Like after how bad The Nun supposedly is why would they even bother doing another?

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 21, 2019

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Nun owned.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

I will definitely check it out now.

Speaking of cheap but makes money, seems like it did $360 million on a $22 million budget so dang, guess a sequel makes sense after all.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
What "sucked" about it is the same thing that "sucks" about literally all horror films - that is to say, horror movies are bad because they have cliches in them.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

TheBizzness posted:

I have yet to see any of the Annabelle’s.

As I'm still not sure if I sat through one of them when I was in the hospital for sepsis and being pretty fever delirious, I'm having the vague sense of the era settings looked good.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What "sucked" about it is the same thing that "sucks" about literally all horror films - that is to say, horror movies are bad because they have cliches in them.

I thought it was boring as heck. Nothing to do with cliches. The scene where Taissa Farmiga gets Nun’d owns bones though

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I dont usually go for horror films because they're too heavy on jump scares or twists or gore, but i'm interested in seeing Hagazussa, anyone else seen it yet?

I dont like nightmares

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lurdiak posted:

3 at least doesn't look like a direct for Syfy film.

It does.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

From a page back, but if we're ranking Evil Dead stuff including media featuring The Cabin or the yellow Delta 88 then that means the best Evil Dead movie is...*checks notes*

Spider-Man 3?!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Untrustable posted:

From a page back, but if we're ranking Evil Dead stuff including media featuring The Cabin or the yellow Delta 88 then that means the best Evil Dead movie is...*checks notes*

Spider-Man 3?!

You're trash, Untrustable.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Jeez, tell me how you really feel.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Untrustable posted:

Spider-Man 3?!

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

I liked the first Conjuring a lot because it scratched the cheap 70s/early 80s ghost movie itch and looked nice but never got around to seeing the second one or The Nun/etc..

The first Conjuring is a movie that's really well directed but everything else about it rarely rises above competent.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I have Wes Craven's Swamp Thing on Blu.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
a Conjuring anthology film could be cool, just a couple short segments about different cases the Warrens investigated instead of films that feel too long at only 90 minutes and with maybe 1-2 good scenes.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
There’s a rusty old white Delta 88 I’ve noticed sitting at a garage near my job, so I guess the best Evil Dead movie is my life

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I would argue the Gift is the best Evil Dead movie of you think about it.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Are any of the Lake Placid sequels even remotely worth watching?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

No Betty White, no buys. :colbert:

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
If you like found-footage horror then give this German film a try. Heilstätten https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7214470/

A bunch of YouTube personalities dare themselves to spend 24 hours in an old hospital dating back to the Nazis. There are a few really shaky camera moments but otherwise they try to use the fixed cameras as much as possible.

It's not amazing but I didn't hate it. It's also one of the few I've seen to try something a tiny bit different even with the 3rd act not exactly surprising me.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Is it streaming anywhere?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Narzack posted:

Is it streaming anywhere?

Nowhere free that I can find so far.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I rented it on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOiyVzPP3XY

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Watched 2 movies this weekend:

Clive Barker's(?) Book of Blood (2008): Unimaginative, made for TV quality slog, has two good effects that absolutely do not make up for the rest of the movie. Amazon was pushing this hard onto me so at least I'm rid of the temptation to watch it.
Perfect Blue: A final scene so bad it almost ruins the rest of it. Oh boy did I hate that. Absolutely does not gel with the tone of everything before, which I loved. Doesn't count as a good anime cause it was meant to be a real movie apparently.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Finalizing plans for May and I'm definitely gonna do a run of Larry Cohen films. Shudder has the documentary, King Cohen, which I haven't seen yet, and I've been wanting to rewatch Q and The Stuff. But I also want to check out some stuff I haven't seen like Full Moon High and It's Alive.

Also, looks like the majority of the Friday the 13th series is going to be available on Prime through May so hopefully at least one person will decide to so a full marathon of the series. That's always fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

So yeah, Eight Legged Freaks was legit. I loved the bit where the one guy does the "I'm too nervous to find the right key" thing and David Arquette just grabs the keyring and says "Oh, is it the one labeled FRONT GATE?!?"