Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Battlefield 5 is also the product of a number of monkey paws.

"We want to make a Battlefield game in the WW2 setting, but showing a different war than the ones of movies, books and comics. One never seen before.".

The suceded. It was not a interesting succes, but they achieved this goal. I don't think the idea was that bad, but they forgot to add flavour to the mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tei posted:

Battlefield 5 is also the product of a number of monkey paws.

"We want to make a Battlefield game in the WW2 setting, but showing a different war than the ones of movies, books and comics. One never seen before.".

The suceded. It was not a interesting succes, but they achieved this goal. I don't think the idea was that bad, but they forgot to add flavour to the mix.

*Picks up monkey paw*

I want to make a game which shows people the WW2 experience like never before!

*Tank begins driving backwards, runs people over during the pre-match*

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone squadding up for firestorm tonight? I could go for some rounds.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I appreciate that DICE wanted to tell stories from World War II that are obscure and not well known. It's just too bad they didn't actually follow through on that because the missions in BFV are almost 100% fabricated and are based on events that never even remotely happened.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I said come in! posted:

I appreciate that DICE wanted to tell stories from World War II that are obscure and not well known. It's just too bad they didn't actually follow through on that because the missions in BFV are almost 100% fabricated and are based on events that never even remotely happened.

The heavy water plant thing happened. There was a such a place in Norway , it was the only such place, it was producing heavy water for the Germans, and it was sabotaged. So the game very clearly references this true event.

Except IRL a team of Norwegian commandos (with British support) infiltrated the facility undetected, destroyed the important equipment, and escaped, all without killing or losing anyone. A little different from the way it goes down in the game lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_heavy_water_sabotage

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 21, 2019

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I found BF1’s campaign to be way more compelling that V.

Not that it matters much.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Beastie posted:

I found BF1’s campaign trailer to be way more compelling that V.

Not that it matters much.

ftfy

BF3s is mad good. Rock and a Hard Place all day.

Also here’s a controversial opinion... Medal Of Honor 2010 was awesome.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Julius CSAR posted:

ftfy

BF3s is mad good. Rock and a Hard Place all day.

Also here’s a controversial opinion... Medal Of Honor 2010 was awesome.

Bf3 had a really good campaign, definitely agree. I feel like BF3 gets overlooked but I enjoyed the hell out of it. BASE jumping in Rush maps was sick.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I honestly sort of like BF4's campaign despite how reviled it is for reasons I don't understand.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

veni veni veni posted:

I honestly sort of like BF4's campaign despite how reviled it is for reasons I don't understand.

The squad engagement system was broken as all hell was my main issue with it.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

The Bananana posted:

Y'all think there'll be a Normandy map eventually?

We'll get an Operation Dragoon map and be told it's close enough.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Give me 2143 you cowards

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Put Golmud Railway in BFV.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Gonz posted:

Put Golmud Railway in BFV.

yes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At least in firestorm, this game has the worst loving shotguns of any game I can think of. They are just worthless.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

veni veni veni posted:

At least in firestorm, this game has the worst loving shotguns of any game I can think of. They are just worthless.

I respectfully disagree, ps4 buddy.

I used a blue shotty with a bayonet to almost win a solo firestorm. Very effective

The Bananana fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 26, 2019

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I think the shotguns are really good in this game. 12g auto loving shreds.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like I keep blasting dudes with them point blank to the face and nothing happens. Meanwhile smgs shred in close range.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I feel like I keep blasting dudes with them point blank to the face and nothing happens. Meanwhile smgs shred in close range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncPJJbnI9NM

Shotguns in BFV with slugs are the closest to the glory days of BC2 slug sniping. The drilling is amazing. This video is previous to a patch that increased the 1 shot kill range of slugs. Of course is from PC and well, is Ravic.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

RE shotguns:

https://youtu.be/xWwwYltxszY

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
bayonet charge was clutch as heck

nice one ghost

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hopping on for a lil fri night shootymans

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

dog nougat posted:

Hopping on for a lil fri night shootymans

balls i switched vidjas right when u were gettin on.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Watching a HELL of a game right now by Green Crab

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

MOTHER FUCKER

Just won a Duos game pretty much by himself cause I got killed early in

Will post the clip later

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
dang y'all a full rotation plus two of conquest and I was in the 0wn z0ne most of the time tonight. That slick 2.5 High Lifes feel.

Lot of fun good to hang out

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Can I just loving say the price for a shooty mans outfit is kind of loving crazy. Like the 3 piece foxcatcher is 750.

1050 coins cost 10 bux so yeah, about 7 bux for an imaginary outfit.

Idk, 5 seems like the upper limit for that, especially if they want repeat customers. Ugh.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it's loving outrageous. I bought the Foxcatcher one in a moment of weakness cause I don't have anything cool looking. I didn't think about how you can't even use it on the allied side and I'm still stuck looking like a grunt. You should at least get both the axis and allies costumes for that stupid price. First and last cosmetic DLC I've ever bought in a game. Don't know what I was thinking.

It is a pretty badass looking costume though.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Is there any way to switch team in game like bf1 because I will not play nazis

Also is there any way of picking which operation you want?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

Source your quotes?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ThomasPaine posted:

World war 2 games might not be your jam they tend to have nazis in them.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

ThomasPaine posted:

My great grandfather was an RAF intelligence officer who was there on D-Day 6 and got shot down twice.

I imagine he’d have a good laugh seeing his great grandson get endlessly trashed in a game while wearing those outfits.

Also, the Axis uniforms make better camo.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Ok lads whatever, but sometimes you want to play attack or defence in particular and it would be nice to have an option to switch. Also choosing specific ops.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

[...] and it would be nice to have an option to switch.

Agreed

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can you not switch in this one?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Nope

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Gonna hop on for some Monday shootmans.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

GREAT JOB!

Shout out to Green Krab, streyr, and bunny bread for another great Firestorm win tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Two back to back wins, including some weird bugs and a V-1 kill or two...

https://youtu.be/TvKlDO197gc