Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

no dog tax for this page.

Blue Lives Matter flag = "Literally shoot black people in the back"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I'm in Portland and i live across from a mormon church. No one bikes ever, their cars range from hummers to audis on the high end, and no one says hello ever. I seriously wonder where these people live.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
As an ex-Mormon: There is plenty of racism in thr church, its just not outright Southern Baptist style of showing it outfront, more the uncomfortable under the skin racism.

And yeah, there's a lot of upper middle class wealth hanging around.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Dammerung posted:

Agreed. It's shameful how cowardly they are when faced with any significant pushback - even Senator McConnell fled from the House Democrats going to speak to him that one time during the government shutdown.

The conservative, even when it has cheated to the top, is a creature of fear that would fall to pieces pissing on the floor if its enemies actually fought back with the same tactics, much less the hoi polloi dared to touch and breathe upon them in anger.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

CommieGIR posted:

As an ex-Mormon: There is plenty of racism in thr church, its just not outright Southern Baptist style of showing it outfront, more the uncomfortable under the skin racism.

And yeah, there's a lot of upper middle class wealth hanging around.

Was in Salt Lake City a few years ago to watch a soccer game. Since we had nothing else really to do, and everyone really seems to think Space Jesus is super cool, we got high and went to Temple Square. We decided to take one of the tours that ended on the roof by a mural that was laser etched black marble or granite showing faces from different ethnicities. The old white man tour guide says, and this is a direct quote, "this mural symbolizes the love the Mormon church has for all types of people, black, white, blah blah blah."

And also a few blocks west of there you could see the "Mormon School of Business" (or whatever it's called) where they all learn how to be upper middle class white folk.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Follow the ex Mormon/ex JW type subreddits and look at the horror stories (and they tend to cross over due to similar crazy religions and excommunication practices). It's actually good that JWs refuse to vote and Mormons are mostly centered in an area.

pattywacker
Nov 8, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I noticed one of my neighbors a few streets down who has a flagpole suddenly has this US flag which the blue line in it, which just pissed me off

Interesting how black and brown people standing up and saying 'hey, maybe cops should stop brutalizing us 24/7' led to people making cops into the troops

Yea, living in South Carolina, the proliferation of Blue Live Matter is maddening. Stickers, flags and , oh o the best yet, Blue lives matter themed Punisher logos :barf:

Going out into any touristy area is even worse where a lot of the displayed items at the souvenir stores are Blue lives matter themed. You can also get your assortments of Trump/Pence flags, confederate flag towels, and trump on various t shirts. Don't forget shirts that you would see on RW T-shirt websites like "I run on Liberal tears" garbage. I'm guessing this is where the old fucks that don't know what the internet is get their racist memorabilia.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

pattywacker posted:

Blue lives matter themed Punisher logos :barf:

lol

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/chucktodd/status/1119951166920626176

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1119952006238625792

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

I noticed one of my neighbors a few streets down who has a flagpole suddenly has this US flag which the blue line in it, which just pissed me off

got one of those and the house before it has a pickup with STAND painted in flag colors in the back window. (i live in an incredibly well off town in a blue state that was virtually untouched by the recession lol "economic anxiety")

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

This is what I’ve been trying to say to the posters who’ve been against this investigation from the start. This is now normalized and when an actual leftist candidate runs they’re absolutely going to go even harder with the espionage. The worst part is i know fuckers like Greenwald know this, too. They just don’t care.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

I know it’s Rudy and all but that’s one goalpost I never thought would move as far as it did.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The interview is absolutely bonkers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4lVvoBibZ4

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

It's time to stop treating Rudy like a serious person.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Counterpoint: It never was time in the first place and this is just another component of the media being complicit.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I’m so glad this forum has come around to the fact that Glenn Greenwald is a tool. He was always a tool of course but it’s good to see it acknowledged openly.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Grape posted:

I'd barely seen any until the last time I went to Cape Cod of all places, where I saw a bunch. Which hurt my head until I remembered that Cape Cod has lots of wealthy retirees who live there year round.

If it was recently, it’s probably because a K9 cop got killed on the Cape about a year ago. His dog got shot too but survived.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the president's lawyer is daydrunk and on tv, like every other day

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

eke out posted:

the president's lawyer is daydrunk and on tv, like every other day
Sunday Funday indeed.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is basically where it was always heading. It was clear from the start that they were welcoming help from Russia.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ogmius815 posted:

I’m so glad this forum has come around to the fact that Glenn Greenwald is a tool. He was always a tool of course but it’s good to see it acknowledged openly.

Now if they could only do the same to post-leak Snowden.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Kevyn posted:

If it was recently, it’s probably because a K9 cop got killed on the Cape about a year ago. His dog got shot too but survived.

As long as doggo is okay

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

As long as doggo is okay

Cop dogs are bastards too

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

When Trump is told that the most likely culprits range from Tamil nationalists to Buddhist extremists he's going to be very upset.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

kidkissinger posted:

All barks matter

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

kidkissinger posted:

I can personally vouch for cop dogs in that they are universally good boys/girls, they are next level eager to please their humans.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

RuanGacho posted:

I can personally vouch for cop dogs in that they are universally good boys/girls, they are next level eager to please their humans.

Universally complicit in framing people for possession.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RuanGacho posted:

Cop dogs just follow orders, huh?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

kidkissinger posted:

Universally complicit in framing people for possession.

My dog will spin like a turbine and crash into a wall if his favorite treat is on order and he thinks it will get him it. Police dogs are selected for taking this to the next level.

I will petition the dog house to stop their complicity with The Man on your behalf though.

Fallom posted:

Cop dogs just follow orders, huh?

I think we better connect officer Fluffnstuff to a polygraph and figure out just how much hes hiding.

RuanGacho fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 21, 2019

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/djrothkopf/status/1119974307860553731

https://twitter.com/djrothkopf/status/1119974316203040769

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Cop dogs are still dogs and deserve love (and a better job).

If I ran into a machine with two buttons, one that said kill all humans and one that said kill all dogs, I hope the kill all humans button makes a pleasing sound as a repeatedly slam it.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Pander posted:

Cop dogs are still dogs and deserve love (and a better job).

If I ran into a machine with two buttons, one that said kill all humans and one that said kill all dogs, I hope the kill all humans button makes a pleasing sound as a repeatedly slam it.

And to be fair, the dogs don't have a choice. I guess my conclusion is that k9 officers are even worse than regular cops.

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

kidkissinger posted:

And to be fair, the dogs don't have a choice. I guess my conclusion is that k9 officers are even worse than regular cops.

A reminder that trying to prevent a police dog from killing you can get you charged with assaulting a police officer but when a dumbfuck K9 Officer leaves a police dog in a hot squad car and it dies, it's written off as a loss of police equipment.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

kidkissinger posted:

I guess my conclusion is that k9 officers are even worse than regular cops.
I used to work in a pet store that had a weird auto-bath machine for dogs, kind of a locking glass box with jets that shot out water and shampoo and hot air.

Dogs, unsurprisingly, absolutely hated this machine and would freak out and cry and flail and try to escape from the loud Dog Assaulter, which most people would emergency stop and never try again. The ones that didn’t would at least walk away and finish shopping somewhere else in the store, where it was harder to hear their animal friend.

Not the K-9 cops, though. They brought their dogs over and over again, and would stay right there in front of the machine to watch and point and laugh.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

pattywacker posted:

Yea, living in South Carolina, the proliferation of Blue Live Matter is maddening. Stickers, flags and , oh o the best yet, Blue lives matter themed Punisher logos :barf:

Going out into any touristy area is even worse where a lot of the displayed items at the souvenir stores are Blue lives matter themed. You can also get your assortments of Trump/Pence flags, confederate flag towels, and trump on various t shirts. Don't forget shirts that you would see on RW T-shirt websites like "I run on Liberal tears" garbage. I'm guessing this is where the old fucks that don't know what the internet is get their racist memorabilia.

My ex-wife got my son, who is 8, enrolled in some kids martial arts class and the instructor is a cop who has this sort of poo poo hung up all over his gym. She doesn't understand why I have a problem with it/him, why I think it's possible this "teacher" might be an rear end in a top hat and why my son might be learning the wrong lessons from the wrong people while paying for the privilege.

She wants him to learn "how to defend himself" from bullying.

I don't want a start a cop derail but I'm honestly baffled at how many people worship them given how common it is to have very unpleasant experiences with them even if you're a 30 year old white guy, let alone a minority. If they're here to "protect and to serve", why are most people's first responses to encountering one in the wild fear and nervousness?

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 21, 2019

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Dog cops are slaves and should be freed from their bounds.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Cop dogs are tortured and mutilated and trained from birth to hurt people and should all be humanely euthanized and the practice outlawed internationally.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Darko posted:

Dog cops are slaves and should be freed from their bounds.

As long as we have universal basic treats and a non copdog jobs guarantee. You just can’t dump all these dogs onto the streets, it’s cruel.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

if a non-cop trained dogs to attack people and used them to attack people they would be charged with a crime and the animals euthanized

in summation cops using dogs (well, any animal) is a crime and we need to charge the criminals to end the practice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rex-Goliath posted:

This is what I’ve been trying to say to the posters who’ve been against this investigation from the start. This is now normalized and when an actual leftist candidate runs they’re absolutely going to go even harder with the espionage. The worst part is i know fuckers like Greenwald know this, too. They just don’t care.

Well, the investigation happened at this still got normalized, so I kinda fail to see your point here.